• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Falk

that puzzling face
Well, the idea is you score like 3 goals (and even then it's 3 goals instead of just 1 just to feed Brother more experience) and then hang out at your goal and each match will be shorter.

EFFICIENCY AT ITS BEST

What do you get for backtracking to besaid for all the j-spheres?

It basically just saves you the requirement of fighting the Dark Aeons that block your path to some of the spheres later. You can get some of Auron's Overdrives sooner, too.

Tidus: ''I knew you were bad news the moment we met.''

Seymour
: ''Oh, my sincerest apologies''

Tidus: ''SEYMOUR!''

It gets me every single time.

lol yes. There's a few lines in the game that crack me up because of how silly/awkward it is. Another example recently for me was in the Calm Lands:

Rikku: *whining about Yuna*
Tidus: "I don't want to talk to you anymore."

Just his delivery being so matter of fact is hilarious.

WARP10CK

Banned
Tidus: ''I knew you were bad news the moment we met.''

Seymour
: ''Oh, my sincerest apologies''

Tidus: ''SEYMOUR!''

It gets me every single time.

Ahh the memories I remember me and friend of mine had a good laugh the delivery is so awesomely bad :)

Wazzy

Banned
Well, the idea is you score like 3 goals (and even then it's 3 goals instead of just 1 just to feed Brother more experience) and then hang out at your goal and each match will be shorter.

EFFICIENCY AT ITS BEST
Heh, I guess I'll try it out. :p

One more match and status reelsssss

Finally got to play again tonight! Great day. Started at Lake Macalania and made it all the way through
Al Bhed Home with all the missable primers
. Gonna try and make it to Bevelle tonight!

Falk

that puzzling face
Call me weeaboo, I really couldn't stand her NA voice acting.

(Of course, I doubt anyone could)

It feels like they nerfed Evrae... I remember struggling with him back on PS2, lol. Just annihilated him in less than 10 mins just now. Haven't been grinding or anything. Hmmm, maybe you do just get smarter as you get older :p

I'm losing faith.

I realized I am grinding blitzball, to get wakkas celestial, so that attack reels can deal over 20k, so I can barely squeeze out a victory against one eye, so I can then grind my ass off and somehow get strong enough to capture every monster and unlock tonberry, so I can grind to power up my characters, so I can then grind more spheres to fill those slots, so I can stand a chance for when I beat my head against the wall against the dark aeons.

What the fuck am I doing.

I should just move on to x-2

Atlantis

I'm losing faith.

I realized I am grinding blitzball, to get wakkas celestial, so that attack reels can deal over 20k, so I can barely squeeze out a victory against one eye, so I can then grind my ass off and somehow get strong enough to capture every monster and unlock tonberry, so I can grind to power up my characters, so I can then grind more spheres to fill those slots, so I can stand a chance for when I beat my head against the wall against the dark aeons.

What the fuck am I doing.

I should just move on to x-2

You rang?

Ffx-yojimbo.jpg

romulus91

As a first time player, are there any tips/things i should be on the look out for so i dont miss a good weapon, side quest, etc? i.e my friend told me something about bargaining with a boss to get him on your team; something i would have never known to look out for

Falk

that puzzling face
As a first time player, are there any tips/things i should be on the look out for so i dont miss a good weapon, side quest, etc? i.e my friend told me something about bargaining with a boss to get him on your team; something i would have never known to look out for

That's actually related to the picture right above your post. And no, you don't bargain with him in a boss fight, it's a completely separate scene.

While avoiding spoilers, one thing you don't want to miss because it's a PITA to get it later is when they tell you of additional bonuses with 'destruction spheres' in a puzzle quite early on in the game, by all that is holy GET THAT BONUS. Reload if you have to to redo the puzzle, because otherwise it will either mean 1) a long trek back to get it or 2) locked out by a superboss.

Levyne

Banned
Chapter 4 is so bad. Brings down the entire game. It's especially annoying that you have to be so careful with it concerning %.

Manu

I made it to the Sphere Break tournament and lost to
Shinra.

I didn't feel like replaying the whole thing so I'll try again tomorrow.

Any tips? Going from a quota of 20 to 50 feels a bit like overkill.

Levyne

Banned
2 coin echos. Always use 2 coins to get the multiple. You'll basically start racking up extra points the longer you do it. You do have to hope he doesn't hit you with a 1, though.

Kensuke

I'm so sick of Blitzball. I liked it at first, but after beating the Ronso's 15-0 you start to realize how broken it is. Now I just score a few and wait behind my goal for the time to pass. Just a few more games till the sigil...

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
I have tried over and over to get him to kill one eye. After 20 reloads I gave up.

I only have 400k. I don't think I'm at a point were I can farm serious Gil.

If you chose option 3 when hiring him, grind up his 'affection' by paying him say, 1024 gil (one of the cutoff points), anywhere with enemies that pay enough to offset your losses.

Every time he wakazashis 1 opponent, it's +1, waka all is +3, and Zanmato is +4.

Add that to a grand summon, and near full affection he has like a 75% chance to zanmato vs bosses by paying the 8192 gil cutoff point. Otherwise with starting affection on level 3, he still has like a 25% chance to do it.

Just gotta reset a while. Here is more info on it.

Incidentally, resetting for Rikku/Tidus weps. 10 times and counting, though 3 of them have been for Wakka, whom I haven't really been using, lol.

senahorse

So last weekend I got up to
Seymour Flux
and
he
kept killing me, I got so discouraged I just about decided to be done with the game. Flash forward to this weekend, I thought I would give it one more go and grind a bit first. So I backtracked down
Gagazet
and found a cave. Before going in I thought I would read up, as I didn't wanted to see what I am in for. It was then I found out about a special
Aeon by the name of yojimbo
I went and cleaned it out and headed back up to
Seymour Flux
. I had another go and managed to get 50,000 HP off
him
but then died again. Loaded back up, this time Yuna had first go and I used
Grand Summon on Yojimbo and gave him 512 gil he then whips out a Zanmato and one hits seymour goddam flux, fight over
. HAHAHAHAHA, what nearly turned me off the game, I just did in 10 seconds
after the cutscene
, that should be worth a trophy :).

Falk

that puzzling face
The only person that can answer that is yourself. What do you think people who are still checking an OT three weeks later are going to say?

That's actually related to the picture right above your post. And no, you don't bargain with him in a boss fight, it's a completely separate scene.

While avoiding spoilers, one thing you don't want to miss because it's a PITA to get it later is when they tell you of additional bonuses with 'destruction spheres' in a puzzle quite early on in the game, by all that is holy GET THAT BONUS. Reload if you have to to redo the puzzle, because otherwise it will either mean 1) a long trek back to get it or 2) locked out by a superboss.

listen to this man
i had to restart the game till i got back to that part because i didnt know you could remove spheres -_-

Flandy

About to start playing Blitzball since I'm done with most of the other tedious mini games (Chocobo, Lightning, Butterflies). Who should I recruit? Totally clueless with Blitzball

ZeroX03

Banned
Is there any complete guide to the Creator Creator? Want to know where and how to get the badass monsters / story characters.

I have to stop reading reviews for this game that pop up on a certain game site that has news for gamers. If another damn reviewer talks about how the beginning of X-2 sets the tone for an awful game because it shows "Yuna was turned into a popstar", I may lose it. You're basically proving you either didn't pay any attention to the following events, or you just didn't play the game at all and are just regurgitating what you've heard in the past about the game.

Jisgsaw

got to home

"an annoying sound! an annoying sound! an annoying sound! an annoying sound! an annoying sound!"

somebody programmed that in, listened to it, and was like "yeah, they'd probably just have a loud annoying message playing over and over on a loudspeaker, so this is okay."

Yeah, worse track of FFX.

Is there any easier way to sync the game saves to the cloud other than resetting the game, skipping the intro and going to the save transfer thing at the title screen?

Such a pain.

Not that I know of, it's very annoying (not being able to return to the screen menu is dumb).

About to start playing Blitzball since I'm done with most of the other tedious mini games (Chocobo, Lightning, Butterflies). Who should I recruit? Totally clueless with Blitzball

That was answered in the last few pages.
Get Tidus' Jecht Shot, Wedge (In front of the Stadium in Luca) as Forward with Tidus,Brother (Airship) as Midfield, Ropp (Mi'hen Agency I think) as defender.

That's enough (even too much), but you can add Jumal (Luca plazza) as a goalie just to be sure.
This team may not be so good on higher levels, but you can just reset then (and you'll probably have to to make Wakka's overdrive appear).

pariah164

I made it to the Sphere Break tournament and lost to
Shinra.

I didn't feel like replaying the whole thing so I'll try again tomorrow.

Any tips? Going from a quota of 20 to 50 feels a bit like overkill.
Try to go for Echos of 3. You can hit 50 in about 10 turns doing that. Echo Bonuses, fuck yeah.

Flandy

That was answered in the last few pages.
Get Tidus' Jecht Shot, Wedge (In front of the Stadium in Luca) as Forward with Tidus,Brother (Airship) as Midfield, Ropp (Mi'hen Agency I think) as defender.

That's enough (even too much), but you can add Jumal (Luca plazza) as a goalie just to be sure.
This team may not be so good on higher levels, but you can just reset then (and you'll probably have to to make Wakka's overdrive appear).

Took a break from the game a week ago on the 29th and haven't been keeping up with thread. Thanks for the advice :) Only matters if they're good at low levels since I plan to restart them anyway to get the overdrives/sigil

Falk

that puzzling face
Holy shit I'm doing the Clasko sidequest right now and in the 5 guaranteed battles, the fifth so happens to be a Queen Coeurl and a Skink who oversouls every time. (yay game mechanics)

I guess I'll go 1) farm some Death ward 2) force that oversoul in a separate battle.

NastyBook

Just got the airship.

I was just reading Split's guide and he recommends forward: Linna, defense: Ropp, Balgerda or Kyou, goalie: Duren or Nimrook. Do people agree or disagree?
What is Split's guide, if you don't mind my asking? Does anybody have another other guides they wouldn't mind sharing? I'd totally appreciate it.

Flandy

Hunting Tonberry's is about as fun as I remember...

3 after two hours.
Are we talking about the ones in the Cavern of the Stolen Fayth? If we are I found them all the path to right of the first intersection that leads to a green room. Didn't take me that long to find them. At least I don't think it did. I was watching TV while I did it lol

Top Bottom