• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

legacyzero

Banned
Welp. Here we go.

BkfMdLrCUAAFb1s.jpg:large

I just hope I can get over how angry I am about the new soundtrack to fully enjoy this.

Atlantis

Sen²;107047781 said:
Guys, I'm really stuck at what I think is the final boss. Any help would be appreciated!

Final Boss Spoiler
I'm fighting Jecht. It took me about 20 to 30 minutes to beat his first form. I beat him by casting Hastgae on my party and Slowgae on the boss and his "wards" (or whatever they are). I then ignore the wards since Lulu needs one double cast and an additional "single" cast to kill one ward. I tried killing them once but by the time the second one dies, the first one is up against. Then zombyfied him whenever possible and used Yuna to cast Curaga on him.

In his second form the boss onehits Yuna, Tidus and Lulu and twohits Auron. I fought him for about 15 minutes till and he was still at full HP. Really frustrating. I googled for a bit and most people seem to suggest to grind for few hours or to go back and get Anima or Magnus (Aeons I suspect?). I was sort of trying to avoid backtracking or grinding. Is there a trick I'm missing?

Where are your characters at in regards of the Sphere Grid? In an average game, they should be at or very near the end of their sections.

Your damage seems to be a bit low, so using Slow as you said might be a better strategy than just killing the Yu Pagodas outright. As for his damage, use Power Break (Banishing Blade) and Protect.

Flandy

Yep. Resetting your data resets...everything, including everyone you've hired. You just have to hire them again.

:( So I have to go hiring them around after ever tournament then?
Welp. Here we go.

BkfMdLrCUAAFb1s.jpg:large

I just hope I can get over how angry I am about the new soundtrack to fully enjoy this.
You're really THAT angry about the remixed OST? Jeez lol. New tracks are fine imo. Hope you enjoy the remaster

Luigi87

Yes, but my recommendation after a reset (that I got from someone else)
>Get Wakka and Brother, place as forwards with Tidus
>Get Jumal (in Luca) as your goalie
>Use Brother to kite opponents (he's really fast)
>Have Tidus or Wakka score
>Go to your own net so the enemy team glitches out (at this point you can either wait out the match, or level your guys up as extra insurance by repeatedly passing the ball around).

Yes, THAT angry. It was perfect the way it was. Not sure what made them change it.

I definitely prefer the original tracks, but I'm liking playing through the game again and listening to all the new takes on the tracks. It's like a good remix album imo, doesn't replace the original in any way, but is a different take on something great.

It would have been nice if they included the original tracks as well though.

Falk

that puzzling face
Ugh, is there no easier way to obtain level 4 key spheres besides Nemesis and bribing Chimera Brains?

Bribing isn't that expensive once you realize you're going to have more gil than you know what to do with stealing from chests while getting 10 Master Tonberries :mad:

edit: re: old OST, this was posted in the thread earlier (it's a quote from Keiji Kawamori; I keep the mistranslation about tone generator intact):

http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/18/5498016/final-fantasy-10-hd-remastered-soundtrack
Because the original PlayStation 2 version used a built-in tone generator with limited memory capacity, I wanted to fully re-master the soundtrack using current technology in order to match the HD re-mastered graphics. At first, our plan was to allow players to switch between the original and re-mastered soundtracks while playing the game. However, we encountered issues along the way that unfortunately prohibited us from implementing this feature.

Can't remember who posted, thanks whoever you are

Saphirax

You're really THAT angry about the remixed OST? Jeez lol. New tracks are fine imo. Hope you enjoy the remaster
Yes, but you only need to reset your team twice - for the leagues. That's if you want to fully power Wakka's celestial weapon. If you're only after the reels then you'll have to do it just once.

Falk

that puzzling face
It's more open, but you can screw yourself over by wasting too many level-ups if you're not familiar with what abilities do or how to build characters.

It also has less nodes overall (meaning it's faster - you still have plenty leftover compared to what you need to destroy everything in the game) if you're looking to platinum.

Saphirax

Bribing isn't that expensive once you realize you're going to have more gil than you know what to do with stealing from chests while getting 10 Master Tonberries :mad:

edit: re: old OST, this was posted in the thread earlier (it's a quote from Keiji Kawamori; I keep the mistranslation about tone generator intact):

http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/18/5498016/final-fantasy-10-hd-remastered-soundtrack

Can't remember who posted, thanks whoever you are

Oh, money won't be a problem. I was just hoping I could get a lot of them in one go (just like lv. 4 key spheres). After all the grinding and monster capturing - I've just about had enough of hoping I'd encounter certain fiends.

Manu

Sen²;107047781 said:
Guys, I'm really stuck at what I think is the final boss. Any help would be appreciated!

Final Boss Spoiler
I'm fighting Jecht. It took me about 20 to 30 minutes to beat his first form. I beat him by casting Hastgae on my party and Slowgae on the boss and his "wards" (or whatever they are). I then ignore the wards since Lulu needs one double cast and an additional "single" cast to kill one ward. I tried killing them once but by the time the second one dies, the first one is up against. Then zombyfied him whenever possible and used Yuna to cast Curaga on him.

In his second form the boss onehits Yuna, Tidus and Lulu and twohits Auron. I fought him for about 15 minutes till and he was still at full HP. Really frustrating. I googled for a bit and most people seem to suggest to grind for few hours or to go back and get Anima or Magnus (Aeons I suspect?). I was sort of trying to avoid backtracking or grinding. Is there a trick I'm missing?

Do you have Yuna's Celestial weapon and Holy? I hit him in the 30000 range and he was dead in a few turns.

Arthea

I'm done with lightning dodging, finally. never again! this time for real. Now onto chocobo catcher, sigh

I have a question, I don't remember, does master thief works with mug too, or only steal?

SirNinja

Sooo, now that we know this game is a success, can SQEX go ahead and announce FFXII HD please?
If S-E finally makes FFXII HD then they'll have to put Revenant Wings as well since Sony requires at least 2 games for a "HD Collection", right?

My dream is that they'll make a 3D version of Revenant Wings and make a bundle out of that.

This is how I imagine it (PAL/JP artwork, PS4):

(Yes, I know RW isn't really called "XII-2", but a lot of people don't seem to know that FF12 actually got a sequel, so...yeah)

And of course here's the typically-crappy version for us North Americans (Vita version this time!):

Shahed

And done with the FFX Platinum! 82 hours and 36 minutes on the clock. While it felt like it took forever since the last 7 hours were nothing but Sphere Grid maxing, it's far faster than I would have imagined.

I gave up on getting all the trophies on this when it was announced since I thought I would never be able to go through the max stats and catch all monsters 10 times. I attempted it multiple times on PS2 with save files spanning 130+ and the Tonberry's were always the bane of my life. Sure having a proper 60Hz instead of the botched 50Hz we got would probably have saved nigh on 20 hours of just running around and stuff. But that was without doing everything. In fact the most annoying thing of all was the maxing of the grid right at the end which I never did back in the day.

I was initially planning on jumping straight into FFX-2, but right now I don't even want to look at my Vita or the world of Spira. The intro to the game was already gonna be hard enough to stomach anyway

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
You don't need Revenant Wings. I'd put the FMVs on there in HD and call it a day.

Bundle XII with Type-0 HD version, I say!

legacyzero

Banned
You don't need Revenant Wings. I'd put the FMVs on there in HD and call it a day.

Bundle XII with Type-0 HD version, I say!
Heck no. They could do so much more!

-Make the already good textures even better!
-Better geometry in the models/areas.
-International edition.
-
Take Vaan out completely.

Oh, and LEAVE THAT FUCKING SOUNDTRACK ALONE.

kadotsu

Banned
I think the cheapest/most sensible option for XII is to put Vanilla and IZJS on one disc and ad value by including an HD version of Tactics with iOS assets.

The dream would be Ivalice HD including all major titles of the series.

BocoDragon

Heck no. They could do so much more!

-Make the already good textures even better!
-Better geometry in the models/areas.
-International edition.
-
Take Vaan out completely.

Oh, and LEAVE THAT FUCKING SOUNDTRACK ALONE.
I meant Revenant Wings. They don't need to bother wasting time on it.

Sure, I think XII should get the same treatment X and X-2 got.

I think the cheapest/most sensible option for XII is to put Vanilla and IZJS on one disc and ad value by including an HD version of Tactics with iOS assets.

The dream would be Ivalice HD including all major titles of the series.
I would be pleased to have an HD Tactics. That's a game I'd like to play again and it'd be nice to have a shinier version.

Son Of D

FFXII IZJS with clearer audio and OST (not remixed, just not compressed)
Final Fantasy War of the Tactics HD (HD sprites from the iOS version. Optional touchscreen controls for Vita)

That's all I want SE ;_;.

Onto FFX/X-2, I'm really hooked on this Creature Capture system in X-2. The fiend tales are great.

BocoDragon

The thing that worries me about the prospects of a XII remaster are the rumors I've heard that the English audio was not just compressed to hell on the disc, but were actually recorded in such a poor quality.

I believe I heard that the Japanese audio is not compressed to fit on the disc? If so, it may be the case that the above is correct. :(

That would be such a tragedy... The best dub in Square Enix history, superior even to the Japanese original, and it sounds like it was recorded through a tin can :/

I'd love for this to be untrue.

Croc

Banned
Am I doing something wrong with this Don Tonberry trick? I have everyone with Overdrive > AP and either Triple AP or Triple Overdrive. Even with Tidus hasted he can only get 4 attacks on Don Tonberry before he gets close enough, and then he stops using Karma. With those 4 Karmas I only get 24 sphere levels for Tidus and 17 for other people.

Also, what is the best place to farm power/mana/speed/ability spheres? I've already run out of power ones...

Does anyone know how long it takes approximately to get Rikku's celestrial weapon?

I'm not even going to try some of them because of the difficulty but if there are one or two that aren't too hard I would probably try.

My dream is that they'll make a 3D version of Revenant Wings and make a bundle out of that.

This is how I imagine it (PAL/JP artwork, PS4):

(Yes, I know RW isn't really called "XII-2", but a lot of people don't seem to know that FF12 actually got a sequel, so...yeah)

And of course here's the typically-crappy version for us North Americans (Vita version this time!):

Wow the PAL mock-up is beautiful! And the NA one looks very professional ie in terms of what we would actually get.

I would actually be fine if they didn't bundle the game with anything just because this art on its own as a cover is so damn awesome:

It's definitely my favorite of the Final Fantasy logos

Tiamant

None of my chocobos caught during the game could go to level 5. Time to start wrangling more up.

I'm in this exact situation plus my chocobos like tu run away fow whatever reason. Now I'm hunting chocobos like mad at the Thunder Plains, I KNEW I should've started this before, arrrgghh!

edit: Stop talking about (supreme) XII guys, I cannot handle an existance without this game on my Vita. It's so big, gorgeous and detailed, I mean look at this at 00:47, look at that freaking npc on the back, WHY IS HE SO DETAILED? HE'S NOBODY, HE IS NOT IMPORTANT! And Basch's hair? Why have we had such a generation with bald space marines when a PS2 was capable of doing DAT HAIR?

BocoDragon

We all know we will get a ff13 trilogy edition for ps4 guise
Oh I'm sure of it.

And actually, I welcome it. XIII already looks nearly perfect (and who could say no to 1080p), but XIII-2 and LR would instantly become much prettier games on a next gen console. The art assets and geometry are already there, but in 60fps and 1080p it will be so yummy. I'm thinking of that last area in XIII-2 with all the floating platforms... Nice.

CarJeter

Neo Member
FFX-2 related:

At Besaid Episode Completion, I freaking DIED when Beclam kicked the shit out of Keepa with his blitzball lolololol

Saphirax

Am I doing something wrong with this Don Tonberry trick? I have everyone with Overdrive > AP and either Triple AP or Triple Overdrive. Even with Tidus hasted he can only get 4 attacks on Don Tonberry before he gets close enough, and then he stops using Karma. With those 4 Karmas I only get 24 sphere levels for Tidus and 17 for other people.

Also, what is the best place to farm power/mana/speed/ability spheres? I've already run out of power ones...
Ideally, you should have all 3 abilities on a weapon. Did you make sure Tidus' overdrive mode is set to Stoic and set to Comrade for the other 2 party members?

Kottos from the monster arena is the best for sphere farming. Just use distill power/mana/ability etc and overkill him. He'll drop 40 of them.

Levyne

Banned
Is there a quick way for Clasko to refill greens? My runners are stuck at level 4 because he's out of them. Did like 10 battles and he got 11 back but I need like 150 :/

Guess I go do some leveling up.

Flandy

Yes, but you only need to reset your team twice - for the leagues. That's if you want to fully power Wakka's celestial weapon. If you're only after the reels then you'll have to do it just once.

I was planning on powering his celestial weapon. WAS anyway. Just completed the first league and I don't think I have it in me to do that again lol

Thread just broke 10k posts :O

Saphirax

Does anyone know how long it takes approximately to get Rikku's celestrial weapon?

I'm not even going to try some of them because of the difficulty but if there are one or two that aren't too hard I would probably try.

15-20 minutes, longer if you don't have No Encounter gear. You just need to find all cactuars. It's the easiest Celestial to get.

Holmes

Treasure Hunt garment grid is literally the best for casual play. All that extra AP and items, it's so great. Just change to a more appropriate one for boss battles and it's all good.

15-20 minutes, longer if you don't have No Encounter gear. You just need to find all cactuars. It's the easiest Celestial to get.

Excellent, thanks. I want to get the gillionaire abillity.

How hard is that fish from the beginning that drops no encounter weapons?

Flandy

Am I able to start the blitzball league, play a match or two, and then continue it later? Don't know if I can do it all in one go like I just did. Also will the prize change if I leave halfway into the league?

Kalnos

Banned
Does the music on Vita seem quiet to anyone else? It seems to be getting drowned out by sounds/dialog pretty heavily for me.

Top Bottom