• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Saphirax

I was planning on powering his celestial weapon. WAS anyway. Just completed the first league and I don't think I have it in me to do that again lol

Thread just broke 10k posts :O
Believe me, I wanted to as well, especially when I almost lost the League due to those pesky Al-Bhed. Keep at it though! Attack reels + Wakka's celestial = YUM 99ks EVERYWHERE :D

Excellent, thanks. I want to get the gillionaire abillity.

How hard is that fish from the beginning that drops no encounter weapons?
Not hard at all as long as you have Stoneward/Stoneproof and just make sure you don't kill him while someone is still inside of him.

X-2 is depressingly easy. I'm almost at the end of chapter 2 and all I do is press X constantly and destroy everything. I also already have 2 maxed dresspheres (Yuna's White Mage and Paine's Warrior). I can get Dark Knight right now right?

Not sure exactly how I feel about the game. I don't really like what they did to Yuna or Rikku and the side-quests mostly just feel like wastes of time. I'm getting all these Garment grids but am using like none of them because nothing has really challenged me enough to mix up my strategy.

Also that *complete*
Hot Springs scene.
Dammit Toriyama.

OmegaDL50

Okay. I took a break from FFX for a few days after getting the platinum.

Moving on to FFX-2 now.

I played it years ago on the PS2 but only ever got like 99.8% and could never figure out the missing .2% I never got.

So hopefully this time I actually do get the full 100%

Okay. I took a break from FFX for a few days after getting the platinum.

Moving on to FFX-2 now.

I played it years ago on the PS2 but only ever got like 99.8% and could never figure out the missing .2% I never got.

So hopefully this time I actually do get the full 100%

Be sure to follow a guide. I learned that you cannot skip any small detail and had to restart. Luckily I was only 5% in.

Saphirax

Am I able to start the blitzball league, play a match or two, and then continue it later? Don't know if I can do it all in one go like I just did. Also will the prize change if I leave halfway into the league?
I believe you can, the prizes in mine hadn't changed at all until after I have played and finished the league.

Blitzball question:

In the past two tourneys I won Auroch's spirit and Jecht Shot 2, but couldn't learn either because I don't have all of Wakka/Tidus' key techniques.

They'll show up again as tournament prizes right? I'm assuming I don't just get to keep them and learn them once I get all the key techs but actually have to win them again?

Holmes

X-2 is depressingly easy. I'm almost at the end of chapter 2 and all I do is press X constantly and destroy everything. I also already have 2 maxed dresspheres (Yuna's White Mage and Paine's Warrior). I can get Dark Knight right now right?

Not sure exactly how I feel about the game. I don't really like what they did to Yuna or Rikku and the side-quests mostly just feel like wastes of time. I'm getting all these Garment grids but am using like none of them because nothing has really challenged me enough to mix up my strategy.

Also that *complete*
Hot Springs scene.
Dammit Toriyama.
Chapter 2 is really easy because it's 90% of the same enemies from chapter 1. Chapter 3 gets new enemies and is more difficult, but gets easy at the end. Same with chapter 5. Chapter 3 really introduces enemies that use status ailments against you. Gagazet has tons of enemies that use sleep, poison, confuse and death all in the same battle formations. Annoying.

Am I doing something wrong with this Don Tonberry trick? I have everyone with Overdrive > AP and either Triple AP or Triple Overdrive. Even with Tidus hasted he can only get 4 attacks on Don Tonberry before he gets close enough, and then he stops using Karma. With those 4 Karmas I only get 24 sphere levels for Tidus and 17 for other people.

The damage Karma does is based on the number of kills your character has. Is Karma doing 99999 when you attack?

Holmes

Remember that the amount of overdrive (and thus AP) you get from Comrade is also dependent on that character's maximum HP. So if your attacking character has HP near or above 9999, you won't be getting much per attack.

Son Of D

Blitzball question:

In the past two tourneys I won Auroch's spirit and Jecht Shot 2, but couldn't learn either because I don't have all of Wakka/Tidus' key techniques.

They'll show up again as tournament prizes right? I'm assuming I don't just get to keep them and learn them once I get all the key techs but actually have to win them again?

They'll show up again eventually. Unfortunately you can't keep them on hold until you've got the key techs. Annoying since I've had Jecht Shot 2 appear like 3 times but Tidus doesn't have Anti-Venom 2.

braves01

Banned
Well, I've died several times to the final boss and have come to the conclusion I'm just too under-leveled still. What is the most time efficient way to grind for AP and/or get materials for good gear? I'm not doing the ultimate weapon stuff unless someone can convince me it's less tedious than it sounds.

I just want to move on to FFX-2

OmegaDL50

Is there Chrono Trigger-esque combination spells in FFX-2 or something?

Because I had Yuna as Festivalist use Fire Sandals and Rikku was Black Mage casting Fire on one of those Seed Spitting Plant Creatures on the Mi'Ihen Highroad.

After the charge ended instead of them casting Fire and Fire Sandals individually, instead I got a single "Firaga" which did like 1250 damage.

I know for a fact that Rikku doesn't have that spell unlocked yet, and I would think Festivalist would be broken overpowered if Fire Sandals casted Firaga at such a low MP cost.

A combination spell is the only explanation I can think of, and if this indeed the case. I wonder if there is a confirmed list of combo attacks.

Well, I've died several times to the final boss and have come to the conclusion I'm just too under-leveled still. What is the most time efficient way to grind for AP and/or get materials for good gear? I'm not doing the ultimate weapon stuff unless someone can convince me it's less tedious than it sounds.

I just want to move on to FFX-2

The quickest way to level up in the game is the Don Tonberry trick. If you are capable enough to capture a certain amount of monsters for the arena, you should get enough materials to create one or two weapons to do this and use that to rapidly gain sphere levels to power up abit.

ramyeon

Because I had Yuna as Festivalist use Fire Sandals and Rikku was Black Mage casting Fire on one of those Seed Spitting Plant Creatures on the Mi'Ihen Highroad.

After the charge ended instead of them casting Fire and Fire Sandals individually, instead I got a single "Firaga" which did like 1250 damage.

I know for a fact that Rikku doesn't have that spell unlocked yet, and I would think Festivalist would be broken overpowered if Fire Sandals casted Firaga at such a low MP cost.

A combination spell is the only explanation I can think of, and if this indeed the case. I wonder if there is a confirmed list of combo attacks.
Doesn't Fire Sandals randomly cast Fire, Fira or Firaga?

Son Of D

Fire Sandals has a random chance of casting Fire, Fira or Firaga. I'm guessing that the reason you only saw Firaga was because it killed the enemy so Rikku never cast her spell.

Does anyone else find the implementation of the cloud saving to be a complete pain in the ass? Once I'm done playing on the PS3 and I've saved I have to reset the game, wait for the intro to load only to skip in and then go to the title screen menu to access the save data transfer menu.

Only after I've done all that can I load my game up on the Vita.

Levyne

Banned
Only other Cross-Save game I've played is Sly 4, which had a similar implementation, only obvious it didn't have the extra menu to select the appropriate game.

Roto13

0VbI3Md.gif

Levyne

Banned
Brother is Rikku's older brother, meaning at one point Brother was no one's brother?

But yes, he's a pervy loon and I love him.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I was playing X-2 last night, and got to the tutorial where they explain monster capturing or whatever it's called.

It reminded me that tutorials got completely out of hand in the PS2 era. Yeesh. I sat there for like 10 minutes while I read text boxes and mashed X.

And it really didn't help that those were some heavy pot smoking years for me, it was a dreadful era for the scatterbrained!

I dare say they've gotten better in recent years. I don't remember any tutorial so painfully tedious in Lightning Returns.

Falk

that puzzling face
I haven't played VII in forever but I remember the Black Chocobo or w/e it was called to also take a good while.

Gold Chocobo/KotR D:

Also 9's Hot and Cold was the best minigame ever. I shed manly tears as a teenager when Chocobo finally got to go home.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Finally got a chance to play this tonight (had it since it came out).

I'm pretty damn impressed so far. The visuals and music are top notch. The redone menus are particularly pleasing to the eyes.

So does that new game plus glitch work in this version at all? The one you do right before you get to
Home
?

Son Of D

Finally got a chance to play this tonight (had it since it came out).

I'm pretty damn impressed so far. The visuals and music are top notch. The redone menus are particularly pleasing to the eyes.

So does that new game plus glitch work in this version at all? The one you do right before you get to
Home
?

As far as I know that glitch was removed in the International/PAL version, which this remaster is based on.

Falk

that puzzling face
Oh, and LEAVE THAT FUCKING SOUNDTRACK ALONE.

Okay, -THE- Final Fantasy game where it makes the most sense to remaster with live recordings (Because, you know, it's majority orchestral and stuff) let's just go ahead and leave it alone. Yeah let's do that. :V

legacyzero

Banned
Okay, -THE- Final Fantasy game where it makes the most sense to remaster with live recordings (Because, you know, it's majority orchestral and stuff) let's just go ahead and leave it alone. Yeah let's do that. :V

Well, at least give it a better quality.

And as far as the voice work goes, it should be a better compression.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Well, at least give it a better quality.

And as far as the voice work goes, it should be a better compression.

The OST of XII was much superior to how it appeared in game. I can't remember if it was orchestrated or not, but it sounded really good. I would totally be fine with the OST version used in an HD remaster.

Falk

that puzzling face
This is going to sound really biased, but we did a live recording in 2012 which -just- got printed (thank God, 18 months later) that included a medley featuring the music from FFT and FFXII. You hear this stuff and I kid you not you will eat your words regarding not touching the soundtrack. This shit sounds amazing with live orchestra.

I shouldn't go so far as to upload a sample though considering this album isn't even 'out' yet and we need to ship all our CDs to kickstarter backers first, really.

OK, I got a bit of a tear watching the fiend tale of Gold Elemental...

Edit: Wow, the fiend tale of Purpurea is DARK!
Ha,Ha, the perverted fiend Fly Eye. My sides!

Flandy

Just unlocked Wakkas final overdrive. Somone convince me to go through another League to power up Wakkas celestial weapon please. I don't know if I have it in me right now

OmegaDL50

Just unlocked Wakkas final overdrive. Somone convince me to go through another League to power up Wakkas celestial weapon please. I don't know if I have it in me right now

Imagine hitting over 10k up to a max of 99,999 per hit in Attack Reels times 12, for nearly 1.2 million damage total.

And theres the fact that Celestial Weapons have a hidden ability of ignoring defense that can't be added to any weapon you customize.

Giving the most powerful weapon to the character with the single most powerful Overdrive in the entire game with the potential of superboss slaying power. I mean the likes of being able to take out Dark Valefor or some of the stronger Arena Monsters in a single Attack Reels without needing to use Yojimbo.

Is this convincing enough?

Flandy

Imagine hitting over 10k up to a max of 99,999 per hit in Attack Reels times 12, for nearly 1.2 million damage total.

And theres the fact that Celestial Weapons have a hidden ability of ignoring defense that can't be added to any weapon you customize.

Giving the most powerful weapon to the character with the single most powerful Overdrive in the entire game with the potential of superboss slaying power. I mean the likes of being able to take out Dark Valefor in a single Attack Reels without needing to use Yojimbo.

Is this convincing enough?
Welp. There goes another 3 hours of my night @___@ Better get started now before I chicken out

When you say ignore defense does that mean it has piercing on the weapon? Because whenever I attack those shielded monsters with Aurons celestial weapon it feels like it isn't going through their defense?

Atlantis

When you say ignore defense does that mean it has piercing on the weapon? Because whenever I attack those shielded monsters with Aurons celestial weapon it feels like it isn't going through their defense?

No, Celestial Weapons just ignore the target's Defense stat completely.

jeremy1456

Despite having a huge distaste for X I purchased the remasters, because X-2 is the best modern FF game.

I'm playing through X again, and I have to admit, I'm really disappointed with the changes to the soundtrack.

Besaid Island was one of my favorite tracks in the original game, and it's barely recognizable now.

Croc

Banned
Ideally, you should have all 3 abilities on a weapon. Did you make sure Tidus' overdrive mode is set to Stoic and set to Comrade for the other 2 party members?

Kottos from the monster arena is the best for sphere farming. Just use distill power/mana/ability etc and overkill him. He'll drop 40 of them.

Yeah, and I just don't have the items needed to get the third thing on the weapons or else I would.

And I'm still not strong enough to kill Kottos either :(

So Creature Catcher is the best addition to the International. It is really cool having monsters fight and get background on the world of Spira. I will give a hint. Get on it early because the monsters match your party level. So do not wait until the end. It makes long roads bearable to have some monsters fight for you when weak.

Top Bottom