• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Loke13

Geez Auron's little monologue after fighting that Dragon Fiend
I was just a boy, I wanted to change the world but I changed nothing.
:( so sad.

Falk

that puzzling face
Yeah, it was one of the strategies to take down Juggernaut at the start of the STR grind where you don't have enough stats to hit the mob for 99,999 through his defenses. You Banishing Blade then Attack Reels/Slice&Dice him. With Victor overdrive and a couple of wolf mobs in between repetitions (which is a very good technique past this stage of grinding) it makes the initial slog go by a lot quicker.

edit: Or just use Frag Grenade if you're lazy.

OmegaDL50

Man, fuck Vachella in the Cactuar side quest. I don't remember this being so difficult.

If you want the best item you just need to get 8 of the 10 named Cactuar spheres. (Friend Sphere)

This means two Cactuars you can screw up on.

However just getting 6 to 7 of them gives you a Megalixir in my option is just a more practical item.

Vachella and the last one are always the hardest, so getting all 10 won't give you any extra special rewards, unless you just want to get all 10 named spheres for bragging rights.

Ourobolus

Banned
If you want the best item you just need to get 8 of the 10 named Cactuar spheres. (Friend Sphere)

This means two Cactuars you can screw up on.

However just getting 6 to 7 of them gives you a Megalixir in my option is just a more practical item.

Vachella and the last one are always the hardest, so getting all 10 won't give you any extra special rewards, unless you just want to get all 10 named spheres for bragging rights.
Oh, yeah. I know - I just don't remember that one being so ridiculous.

jaxword

0VbI3Md.gif

Brother's class being "Dancer" is pretty fitting, really.

MSMrRound

Question guys...I'm getting loaded up with Magic Def spheres thanks to farming One-Eye (still short of Yuna's, Rikku's and Khimahri's weapons...)

Should I just chuck them into empty nodes for the sake of filling out the grid, or what other stat spheres do they have out there that are recommended to get? I know the Luck sphere...but any other that I should aim for?

Should I leave the empty nodes empty before I get those spheres or?

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Ugh. I know Wakka's Attack reels is the best attack in the game bar Anima Overdrive for damage, but grinding out these matches for the sigil is a pain in the ass.

Kudos to whomever mentioned the Wedge/Brother/Ropp/Zamitz/Jumas list, tho, it's worked out really well. Wedge becomes a beast of a forward, way better than Tidus save for Jecht Shot.

aett

Well, I'm finally done with FFX. Beat all the arena creations, Dark Aeons, and Penance. I used Yojimbo to cheese a couple of Aeons and Penance, but I was so sick and tired of messing with the sphere grid.

Now on to FFX-2... although I make take a break from that universe for a bit so I'm not totally burnt out. I really liked X-2 my first time through - I was surprised at how dark some elements of the story were, and pleasantly surprised at how fun the job and battle systems were. I've tried to replay it about three times since then, and unfortunately, each time I get it into my head that I should go for 100%... which means that I quit around the end of chapter 1. It's time to try and actually enjoy the game again.

Flandy

Welp. It took me about a combined 7 hours but I finally did it. Don't know if I'm glad I did it all in one day or not
13661136984_48fddc829c_b.jpg

13660795425_0c26dd018c_b.jpg

I never want to play Blitzball again. At least I had the Vita version. Was using Netflix on my PS3 the entire time I did this

ZeroX03

Banned
How did it take 7 hours!? You only have to play 16 games, and I only had to play 14 because I got byes in both tournaments.

Acid08

Banned
I'm s few hours into X and kinda stressing about my sphere grid choices. Should I just keep moving in a straight line and not worry too much about it? Using standard grid.

Flandy

How did it take 7 hours!? You only have to play 16 games, and I only had to play 14 because I got byes in both tournaments.
I did two leagues because I wanted to get the Jupiter Sigil
It definitely took me about 7 hours, but that's because I didn't reset the leagues since I wanted to keep my team.
I reset. Wonder why we took the same amount of time. Maybe I took up a lot of turns that didn't use time?
I'm s few hours into X and kinda stressing about my sphere grid choices. Should I just keep moving in a straight line and not worry too much about it? Using standard grid.
Just take the path it leads you down. You'll be fine

ZeroX03

Banned
Wouldn't it be 24? Two leagues?

I did two leagues because I wanted to get the Jupiter Sigil

I reset. Wonder why we took the same amount of time. Maybe I took up a lot of turns that didn't use time?

Just take the path it leads you down. You'll be fine

You don't need two leagues to get the Blitzball Master trophy, I just looked at the first picture lol.

One Blitzball match is only 5 minutes (the clock runs at double speed), plus turns, etc. If you start the match by scoring and then sit behind the goalie you can get it down in 3~ hours.

Flandy

Question about Belgemine.
I've beat all her Aeons. Should I
send her now so I can power up Yunas celestial weapon? Or is she useful for items or something?

Saphirax

Yeah, and I just don't have the items needed to get the third thing on the weapons or else I would.

And I'm still not strong enough to kill Kottos either :(

Did you capture 10 of each fiend? You should have more than enough items I believe.

Edit: Yeah, my suggestion is to catch all fiends and get Celestials for the 3 characters you'll be using. This should make you strong enough to be able to take on One Eye. Free Triple Ap weapons for everyone.

I finally just got Jupiter Sigil+Auroch Reels. Thus I am officially done with Blitzball (wasn't that bad really) and got every celestial weapon upgraded. Next step would be getting started on some AP farming on Don Tonberry I guess.

ZeroX03

Banned
The Sphere Breaker trophy (Win 10 times at Sphere Break) seems glitched in a good way. I played 3 times against the practice grid, and then once against a random girl in the tournament and it popped right after. Strange, but no complaints here.

Jacobbles

Why is Attack Reels only doing about 12k per hit to Dark Yojimbo when it does 99,999 to everything else? This is killing me. Can't even cheese Dark Yojimbo with Zanmato because you have to kill him five friggin' times.

ZeroX03

Banned
So is the concensus that break HP limit ain't worth it? I rarely see anyone mention that for late game armor.

It's not worth the time investment, no. Still really kickass to have 99,999HP if you're willing to put in the time though lol.

Auto-Haste
Auto-Protect
Auto-Phoenix
Auto-Potion or Ribbon

Son Of D

Why is Attack Reels only doing about 12k per hit to Dark Yojimbo when it does 99,999 to everything else? This is killing me. Can't even cheese Dark Yojimbo with Zanmato because you have to kill him five friggin' times.
Dark Yojimbo has 210 defence. Although at max strength Wakka should be doing more than 12k (unless my calculations are wrong, my Wakka hasn't been trained much).

Each hit from attack reels has a base strength of 10. Max strength +luck Tidus does about 40k on Dark Yojimbo with Slice and Dice, which has a base strength of 6 per hit. Although I'm unsure as to whether attack reels can get critical hits.

OmegaDL50

At 255 STR. Attack Reels should do about 36k to 40k a hit against Dark Yojimbo.

If Attack Reels doesn't ever do 99k against an enemy, it's because they have extremely high DEF or permanent auto-protect in effect with stacked Armor.

Things like Auron's Banishing Blade mitigates most of this.

You can also have 3 characters with full Overdrives in reserve, and use Entrust to transfer OD gauge to Wakka so he can re-use attack reels. Also using Victory Overdrive Mode means he should get 50% of his guage back after a fight allowing another character with 50% gauge to entrust again to re-use the Attack Reels every battle against Yojimbo.

This is how I killed him at least.

With liberal spamming of Cheer and Luck to reduce the damage of Wakazashi and increase the odds of landing a hit on him.

I generally wouldn't recommend fighting Yojimbo unless you have 255 Acc or high luck. He dodges almost everything.

Jisgsaw

With liberal spamming of Cheer and Luck to reduce the damage of Wakazashi and increase the odds of landing a hit on him.

A propos Luck: how much does it increase your Luck?

It's not worth the time investment, no. Still really kickass to have 99,999HP if you're willing to put in the time though lol.

Auto-Haste
Auto-Protect
Auto-Phoenix
Auto-Potion or Ribbon

I'll begin the power-up shortly.
What is recommended for maxing your stats/armor:
- To be able to kill Drak Aeons/Penence/Nemesis
- The most effective way?

I remember giving up farming Luck on my PS2 run, far too much time consuming.

At 255 STR. Attack Reels should do about 36k to 40k a hit against Dark Yojimbo.

If Attack Reels doesn't ever do 99k against an enemy, it's because they have extremely high DEF or permanent auto-protect in effect with stacked Armor.

Things like Auron's Banishing Blade mitigates most of this.

You can also have 3 characters with full Overdrives in reserve, and use Entrust to transfer OD gauge to Wakka so he can re-use attack reels. Also using Victory Overdrive Mode means he should get 50% of his guage back after a fight allowing another character with 50% gauge to entrust again to re-use the Attack Reels every battle against Yojimbo.

This is how I killed him at least.

I generally wouldn't recommend fighting Yojimbo unless you have 255 Acc or high luck. He dodges almost everything.

Just to back this up. You really need Wakka's attack reels or high luck. I have 255 acc and I can't land a single hit on him. Attack Reels and/or high luck is the way to go

anddo0

Up to the point on the sphere grid where I need lvl 3 keys to advance. The problem is I don't remember ever getting ANY to this point.

Do I really have to go all the way back to lvl one locks in order to continue leveling my characters?

I'm in the Gagazet Mountain Cave btw.

Falk

that puzzling face
With Comrade/Stoic, Entrust you will never run out of Attack Reels. You just need to get to the point where none of Yojimbo's attacks will 1-shot any character, and as long as you remember to dispel Armor Break from his shuriken attack you will be fine.

Def+20%/Auto Protect/9999 HP does it as far as surviving his attacks go. You have to manually cast Hastega/Haste for this battle assuming your armor is Def+20%/Auto-Protect/Stoneward/Auto-Potion but other than that Yojimbo doesn't pose a threat at all. If you keep passing turns other than to remove debuffs, entrust and re-haste, Attack Reels should finish him off before he gets close to his overdrive every time.

So is the concensus that break HP limit ain't worth it? I rarely see anyone mention that for late game armor.

BHPL + Auto-Regen is really really good.

The problem is farming up all the HP spheres is so boring, and the alternatives don't need to farm HP spheres at all, since you can get 9999 so easily just from what's already out there.

MSMrRound

Up to the point on the sphere grid where I need lvl 3 keys to advance. The problem is I don't remember ever getting ANY to this point.

Do I really have to go all the way back to lvl one locks in order to continue leveling my characters?

I'm in the Gagazet Mountain Cave btw.

Should have stolen some from
Biran and Yenke
when you had the chance. Some reported 12, I was pretty satisfied with the 9 I looted off from them.

Farming One-Eye is easy and quite fast after all but damn he likes to drop mage armour all day long :lol. The only bright side is that they sell for 1000+ more than it costs to fight him. Only got a weapon for Rikku with 2 empthy slots and TAP so I guess that's a start.

Well at least he drops dark matter so if it takes too long I can always make my own Ribbon accessories :lol.

Auto-Haste
Auto-Protect
Auto-Phoenix
Auto-Potion or Ribbon

Yeah and when you fight monsters that hit hard. This armor works better , especially against P...Auto-Potion, Auto-haste, Auto-protect, Defense+20%. And if you want to take it a step further, mix Rikku's ultra null all with that. You'll only be taking about 5K damage. But it really doesn't matter how much damage you're taking because they'll automatically throw x potions everytime they get hit.

legacyzero

Banned
So far I'm really enjoying this. Hits me right in the nostalgia soft spot. I'm not hating the new soundtrack as much as I thought. I think it was just the battle theme, and the boss theme so far that I hate..

Falk

that puzzling face
So YRP just defeated
Baralai
and got a "Pearl Necklace".

I laughed way harder than I should, and way harder than I did ten years ago when I was way more innocent.

I'm nearing the point where I'll get full control of the airship and can do some ultimate weapons... But... I'm not sure if I want to even bother. I have a lot of games in my backlog, and getting the ultimate weapons is such an annoying time sink. I'll have Tidus' ultimate weapon as soon as I beat Y since I already have the Sun Sigil. The main ones I dread are Auron (capturing enemies, yawn), Lulu (fuckin' lightning...), and Wakka (hate blitzball). Even though I'm glad to finally have all the optional content of the International edition (like bosses and such), I might just skip them and beat the game, then move on. I just don't know if I have it in me to do all that grinding.

Holmes

I'm nearing the point where I'll get full control of the airship and can do some ultimate weapons... But... I'm not sure if I want to even bother. I have a lot of games in my backlog, and getting the ultimate weapons is such an annoying time sink. I'll have Tidus' ultimate weapon as soon as I beat Y since I already have the Sun Sigil. The main ones I dread are Auron (capturing enemies, yawn), Lulu (fuckin' lightning...), and Wakka (hate blitzball). Even though I'm glad to finally have all the optional content of the International edition (like bosses and such), I might just skip them and beat the game, then move on. I just don't know if I have it in me to do all that grinding.
So don't do it. If you're not feeling it going in, how do you think you'll feel halfway through? Then if you quit, you'll have wasted your time, or if you don't quit, you'll be wasting more of your time completing it.

So don't do it. If you're not feeling it going in, how do you think you'll feel halfway through? Then if you quit, you'll have wasted your time, or if you don't quit, you'll be wasting more of your time completing it.

Yeah, I guess you're right. I love the base game of FFX, but I've never liked the "end game" of it. I'll probably just beat it and move on to another game (before coming back to FFX-2). I might return to FFX down the road and work on the optional content.

Top Bottom