• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

I have to say the sphere concept is very interesting. It is unique to level up not by gaining EXP but getting AP to move around a grid. It allows more stat customization and in the case of Expert grid, completely change how a character plays. I stuck with Normal because I am used to which character is what class, but it is neat how they give you the option to completely mess around with characters.

Also, it is best to go to GameFAQs to read up on items you can miss. Many old school RPGs have the issue of having timed items. Luckily there are not that many of them this game. I was relieved to read you can make up the first 3 Al Bhed primers that are able to be missed later on...

XJF

WOOT! UPS just delivered my Vita! They've never been this early before! Time for some
HOME
goodness on the Vita screen!

I never really noticed this in the PS2 version but a lot of characters and random npc's in FFX have visible thongs.

FFX was when they went a bit too crazy with the costumes.

gpqknnu.jpg

BIKINI PLUS BOOTS AT WORK

Pollux

Mi'ihen Highroad and I'm already on the verge of breaking this game.

Have Kimahri with Extract Ability, Auron with Haste, Yuna with Black Magic and Lulu with Cure/Esuna.

Yep, the Expert Sphere Grid is absolutely the way to go.
Why yuna w/ black magic and lulu with white?

Christ all mighty what have they done to Tidus' face?

Everything else looks stunning, though.
I'm also not minding the remixed music. I guess it gives me comfort that Hamauzu was hands-on with all the adjustments (unless I was fed some bullshit).

Ohnonono

If you miss that item, you can't get
Anima
later in the game, until you kill the Dark Aeon waiting for you there.

Is this item a weapon? I used a destruction sphere and got a weapon but I am afraid that I missed something. i.e. is there only one item in each cloister or should I be checking every damn spot with the D.Sphere?

Is this item a weapon? I used a destruction sphere and got a weapon but I am afraid that I missed something. i.e. is there only one item in each cloister or should I be checking every damn spot with the D.Sphere?

The destructuon sphere will always open the way to a chest that you need to open. There is only one in each temple to get. The item in the first temple is indeed a weapon.

Pollux

Why not?

Seriously though, Yuna/Lulu still have their White/Black magic respectively, but now Yuna isn't just relegated as my healer and Lulu my offensive mage.
Fair enough. I thought there might be some advantage, like lulu is secretly a better healer bc reasons

forgot how weird combat felt in ffx. I know they are trying to go for a dynamic looking fights with some moves going instantly after another, and fancy camera shots... but why is the item using animation so freaking long?

And victory pose after a battle could be cut to about 1/3 in length, or just let me skip it D:

Besides that, things do seem to hold up pretty well (am spoiled by bravely default's toggle random encounters though)

Comet

Advice on the sphere grid: should I only move throughout the grid if I have enough spheres to fill each node or should I keep moving forward ignoring those empty nodes since I don't have enough spheres for them yet? For example, I notice a lot of "empty" nodes that I know you fill with random spheres (not the ability/power/speed etc. type of nodes). If I'm going for the trophy for completing all grids, I know I'll be having to spend a lot of Sphere Levels to go back to all of these empty nodes that I haven't filled yet.

XJF

The criteria for eventually earning
Anima (summon) the one Seymour uses
is to use the destruction spheres to obtain the item in EVERY temple

Advice on the sphere grid: should I only move throughout the grid if I have enough spheres to fill each node or should I keep moving forward ignoring those empty nodes since I don't have enough spheres for them yet? For example, I notice a lot of "empty" nodes that I know you fill with random spheres (not the ability/power/speed etc. type of nodes). If I'm going for the trophy for completing all grids, I know I'll be having to spend a lot of Sphere Levels to go back to all of these empty nodes that I haven't filled yet.

Ignore them for now and just enjoy getting through the game. There is a lot to do later on to max the sphere grid so there's no point in not carrying on now

Holy shit. That audio drama. Holy shit.

That's the new worst thing I've ever heard. No way am I considering that canon, and now I'm astonishingly concerned about FFXV's writing.

hiro_x

Okay Gaf.. I never had a ps2 so I was not able to play FFX. What should I choose expert or standard sphere grid?

Got my copy from Shop to, looking forward to playing again. Only ever done one full play through of both games and never done everything in them.

Gonna try and hunt down a list of missables in chronological order if such a thing exists.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Me too. I remember winning it at the PS2 version, but now the Goers always get the first goal. :(

Almost won twice, I'm getting better.

If you're talking about real BB games after the match, and the game has put you up against the Psyches like it did me, then just put the controller down and let the computer win.

Apparently I won the Blitzball game out of luck, one OT.

Do the matches get easier?

OmegaDL50

Ah thanks.

Btw, what are you guys doing with Kimahri on the Sphere Grid? I have him still sitting at the start of my expert sphere grid cause I'm not really sure which direction to take him. Suggestions?

The great thing about Kimahri is since he's dead center in the sphere grid you can pretty much decide what role he's going to be.

I usually have him follow Wakka's grid for the many accurracy and strength nodes to make him a competent physical attacker. OR you could early in the game take Auron's path before you even get him and make him your strong tank fighter until you do actually get Auron.

(I'm getting my copy of FFX HD in the mail today finally, so I'm probably going to have Kimarhri mirror Tidus's path to have two speedy fighters that both have access to cheer and haste.

Anyone ever order on Play-Asia? How reliable is the free shipping? Trying to get a 32gb Vita card on there. I'm not super worried about the length, but I am about the fact that it doesn't have tracking

Yasumi

Banned
Anyone ever order on Play-Asia? How reliable is the free shipping? Trying to get a 32gb Vita card on there. I'm not super worried about the length, but I am about the fact that it doesn't have tracking

For that price, you'd might as well get a 64GB from Nippon-Yassan. Play-Asia's shipping is kind of meh unless you go for the most expensive, and they generally charge too much on the actual products.

Blader

The great thing about Kimahri is since he's dead center in the sphere grid you can pretty much decide what role he's going to be.

heh, I never knew what to do with Kimahari precisely because of this. I think I ended up giving him a little bit of everything, which made him the weakest at everything.

So I think I'm actually gonna try to give Blitzball a chance (and might get Wakka's ultimate weapon even! would be a first for me). I don't know much about it because I always avoided it minus the first required game. I was looking at the list of players you could recruit, and what does "Starting Contract" mean? In the list I was looking at, it said something like "10 matches". What does that mean? Do they only stay with you for that many games? Do they automatically leave? Can you re-sign them right away?

heh, I never knew what to do with Kimahari precisely because of this. I think I ended up giving him a little bit of everything, which made him the weakest at everything.

I fucked him up on my very first playthrough by making him go Lulu's path. I thought it might be handy to have another black mage, and he's fucking terrible at it. And later in the game, when you have to
fight those two Ronso solo
, I had the hardest time with that fight. Almost thought I was gonna have to start over, lol.

aett

This my seventh FFX playthrough, and I've played blitzball to death, but I have never been able to win the plot-mandatory match. It really does get so much easier once you 1) replace most of the players, and 2) teach Keepa that one goalie skill that boosts his blocking stat by a random number.

I fucked him up on my very first playthrough by making him go Lulu's path. I thought it might be handy to have another black mage, and he's fucking terrible at it. And later in the game, when you have to
, I had the hardest time with that fight. Almost thought I was gonna have to start over, lol.

I did the same thing the first time I played. I also gave up trying to make him unique. Now I just have him follow Tidus or Auron's path for speed or power

OmegaDL50

So I think I'm actually gonna try to give Blitzball a chance (and might get Wakka's ultimate weapon even! would be a first for me). I don't know much about it because I always avoided it minus the first required game. I was looking at the list of players you could recruit, and what does "Starting Contract" mean? In the list I was looking at, it said something like "10 matches". What does that mean? Do they only stay with you for that many games? Do they automatically leave? Can you re-sign them right away?

Looking at Kimahri's base stats he doesn't have the naturally high stats Auron has, so now that I think about it, sending Kimahri down Auron's path would be a mistake due to the slow growth involved.

Wakka has the best stats for auto-attacking and beefyness.

Steal/Use and Mug are very useful to have on at least one more character for all of the game and that alone makes it worth it to sneak him into Rikku's path. He'll get a lot of agility too so when you finally move him into someone else's late in the game, he'll be strong AND fast.

Tidus has decent stats and gives him a lot of utility with Hastega/Slowga, Delay Buster and Quick Hit and he'll be able to make use of his high Mana there.

Blader

haha, yeah, I definitely remember sending him down Lulu's path, which left him completely useless to me. Guess I'll go the Tidus/Auron route next time.

Xenex

I'm only a few hours in but holy shit, it's like a breath of fresh air coming back from the FF XIII trilogy. I don't wanna derail the thread but that had to be said.

Comet

I'm only a few hours in but holy shit, it's like a breath of fresh air coming back from the FF XIII trilogy. I don't wanna derail the thread but that had to be said.
I thought the same thing. FFXIII trilogy is a special kind of... something.

Tiu Neo

Apparently I won the Blitzball game out of luck, one OT.

Do the matches get easier?

Yes, since you're able to get better players. Always had a hard time with this first game, but could win easily with my custom team later in the game.

This first game against the Goers almost made me hate blitzball. Then played again, with a better team. It's a lot more fun.

I thought the same thing. FFXIII trilogy is a special kind of... something.

The funny thing is... FFX reminds me a lot of XIII. Maybe it's the linearity, or the fact Tidus is as bad as most of XIII's cast, but I see XIII as a flawed spiritual successor to X. Still like both games.

krae_man

This was already fresh in my head from recently watching the Spoony review but man Titus is an idiot in the beginning.

"Why did you beat up and rob that homeless person?"

"I...I...I got too close to Sin"

"Oh you poor thing"

:lol

I've played about 4 hours so far and just passed the first battle with Sin. Hopefully the point where it stops being 90% cutscenes happens soon.

Top Bottom