• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

B.K.

Are there any good blitzball players I can hire in Luca? I want to spread out my blitzball playing through the entire game instead of spending 10-15 hours all at once near the end getting Waka's Overdrives and the stuff for his Celestial Weapon.

Shahed

Team Auron for Khimari. Having another person with that much power is so useful for a lot of the game

Are there any good blitzball players I can hire in Luca? I want to spread out my blitzball playing through the entire game instead of spending 10-15 hours all at once near the end getting Waka's Overdrives and the stuff for his Celestial Weapon.

Wedge makes the game easy with his high shooting stat. There's a good Keeper as well on a bench somewhere.

And 10-15 hours is far too long.

Hollycat

Playing this again has reminded me that while Vaan was bland and had little impact on the story, Tidus was kind of a jerk in addition to being annoying and moving weirdly. Yes he's nice to the party, but otherwise he's breaking rules or stealing things.

Don't get me wrong, he's still generally a nice guy, but in the end he comes across as obnoxious.

Anyone ever order on Play-Asia? How reliable is the free shipping? Trying to get a 32gb Vita card on there. I'm not super worried about the length, but I am about the fact that it doesn't have tracking
I always pick the airmail box that the site says has no tracking, yet I get a tracking number every time.

Levyne

Banned
So since the third "Reels" overdrive (the second you have to win) is from a league, and my league currently doesn't have it as a reward, I need to clear it to reset it, right?

And yeah, Wedge and Jumal in Luca are a great forward and goalie. Been rolling over teams just swapping out Datto and Keepa and no one else (until I can get brother and Nimrook once he's a FA)

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
I think I'm going to try sticking it out with the original team. I've played my fair share of blitzball and scouting/creating your own team is a lot of fun, but this run is for new experiences!

Levyne

Banned
I think I'm going to try sticking it out with the original team. I've played my fair share of blitzball and scouting/creating your own team is a lot of fun, but this run is for new experiences!

I had a playthrough where I did that. It's definitely possible! Just got to baby the guys that don't seem so good just so they get exp and don't get further behind.

The Tidus laughing scene is amazing now.
Not sure what it is but I haven't laughed that hard in awhile.
Probably because I thought of this. (WARNING: your ears will hate you)

Still not messing with Blitzball. Lots of great info but man, I just can't get into it.

pariah164

So, (post-Macalania/Macarena temple spoilers)
for the Wendigo, is Dispel NEEDED, or does it just make the fight easier? I'm like, 20 spheres away.

OmegaDL50

I had a playthrough where I did that. It's definitely possible! Just got to baby the guys that don't seem so good just so they get exp and don't get further behind.

Yeah one of the things I found tricky was leveling up the Goal Keeper. Because players don't get exp unless they do an action, and if the Goalie doesn't ever get the chance to block shots they won't get exp to level up. I one time moved Keepa to a field position just for him to pass the ball a bit just to get him up to speed.

any one have any advice for the lightning dodging? any place particular to get it done faster?

I've dodged the lightning on two different occasions. These are my personal tips.

- Wait til you get a no encounter accessory
- I dont think it matters where on the field you stand. I remember doing my dodges close to the lake on the left side of the screen, maybe mid-way through the Lightning Fields.
- Make it as dark as possible in the room your playing
- Don't look at the screen, press X when your room lights up
- When you make it to 200 (Count out loud) Do an extra 5-10 for posterity's sake.

Aurizen

I've dodged the lightning on two different occasions. These are my personal tips.

- Wait til you get a no encounter accessory
- I dont think it matters where on the field you stand. I remember doing my dodges close to the lake on the left side of the screen, maybe mid-way through the Lightning Fields.
- Make it as dark as possible in the room your playing
- Don't look at the screen, press X when your room lights up
- When you make it to 200 (Count out loud) Do an extra 5-10 for posterity's sake.

a trophy should activate when you get to 200, so I'll be depending on that lol. and following this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkRJZn3q-FA

Shahed

For anyone that's gotten far enough, is the glitch where you get the no encounter weapon still there? Admittedly it's a bit of a long shot since that's very far into the game

Aurizen

There's a crater on the left side of the First half of the Plains that when you approach it, it forces the system to produce a lightning strike. This is where I'll be doing my 200

Can you screenshot that for me? I see a lot of craters, is it the one near Shelinda?

SirNinja

Can you screenshot that for me? I see a lot of craters, is it the one near Shelinda?

Dunno about this crater he's talking about, but it's true that there are areas of the Plains in which lightning strikes more often, letting you dodge bolts more efficiently.

There's a good map of it in one of the Ultimania guides. I can't post scans here, but if you google image search "thunder plains frequency map" (without quotes), you'll see it in the first few results.

Isn't there one spot on the Thunder Plains where you can just stand there (because you're kinda blocked in by the scenery) and keep dodging lightning without Tidus actually moving, meaning that you don't get enemy encounters while dodging and can do all 200 dodges on your first visit to the Thunder Plains?

Aurizen

Dunno about this crater he's talking about, but it's true that there are areas of the Plains in which lightning strikes more often, letting you dodge bolts more efficiently.

There's a good map of it in one of the Ultimania guides. I can't post scans here, but if you google image search "thunder plains frequency map" (without quotes), you'll see it in the first few results.

The one Comet talks about works well, I need a no encounter weapon now :( any idea how to get one?

XJF

Found a flaw in the new guide. Simple misspelling.
for the battle in Maze of Sorrow where you fight Isaaru, the title for the battle in guide is "Issaru and his Aeons".
They spelled his name wrong

Flandy

Holy shit. That audio drama. Holy shit.

That's the new worst thing I've ever heard. No way am I considering that canon, and now I'm astonishingly concerned about FFXV's writing.
Go and ahead and read this train wreck of a thread. It's amazing. We discuss WILL and the Novel
Question guys

Is the PS3 version 1080p @60fps
and Vita Native Res @30fps or has anyone said the difference yet?

There's a FAQ in the OP. Read it

pariah164

Man, say what you will about Tidus' model, but Rikku looks great.

9jMReA9.jpg

I can't wait to see how they look in X-2.

jaxword

Although Yuna's name doesn't quite mean "Moon".

And learning a little something about foreign cultures once in a while isn't exactly a bad thing. Does everything always have to be dumbed-down? "Ohnoes, cultural differences! Let's not even try!"

Right, it's not a transliteration even in Japan, but the theme of Tidus-Sun/Yuna-Moon is there.

That's why I pointed out that it's Teeda because it's not a Tide reference--just like what you said, learning a little something about foreign cultures isn't a bad thing.

matmanx1

No complaints about the Vita version? I want that one primarily if it's a good version. Suspend/Play is just awesomissimo for RPGs

I am extremely pleased with the Vita version. It looks great (I actually thought it was native resolution but I guess it's the FXAA that fooled me) and runs very well. The color really pops on the OLED and with headphones the game sounds much better than I was expecting considering it's using compressed audio files.

Quick Recovery is also a nice Vita specific feature as is the Suspend/Resume. I'm overall very impressed.

Top Bottom