• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

I can't contol my excitement, I really hope it comes early, Shopto dispatched yesterday so it's possible. I'm going for the Platinum, I hate myself that much. I'm waiting for the PS3 versions, but when it gets to level grinding (usually Bevelle) I'll switch to Vita for a while.

You'll definitely get your copy today. ShopTo have always delivered my stuff the next day after dispatching.

Oldsql

My copy for the Vita turned up from ShopTo!
Love their early service!

Can X2 be downloaded yet or will it still error on me?

I was able to download x and x-2 over the playstation app. Can't start them though, telling me it's not available.

Anyone knows when we can start to play on vita here in Europe? At 00:00 or even today?

Falk

that puzzling face
Yuna was eager to meet auron.He obviously was ambivalent.He couldn't let yuna's request down(he has feelings budding for her) and who could have ever predicted she would get kidnapped by the albhed team??? The fight wasn't his fault..it was an unexpected meeting for Kimahri. In the heat of the moment things went awry..

Tidus is ambivalent the entire time..he still doesn't belong to the group and he is being pulled in different directions by both yuna and wakka...Meeting Auron would be extremely important for him as a person..More so than the blitzball game..He is the one who set him off on this journey in the first place..

This entire situation makes him a flawed and human character more than anything.

Oi, I'm not saying it's entirely his fault, mind you. I'm saying it pretty much was the cherry on a shitcake, which was likely the intention right from the get-go as his entire arc is based around an immature moron growing up as the story goes by, aided by a love interest (Which isn't all that uncommon. Grandia 1 for example)

The questionable writing doesn't really help convey that as well as, say, Justin in Grandia. But then again, every single Final Fantasy pretty much has cringeworthy personality traits borne from questionable writing, which is much easier to overlook when you look at what the big picture is trying to tell in terms of a character developmental arc, so it's not something particularly new to the franchise nor specific to FFX. :X

edit:
This is probably opening yet another whole can of worms as far as discussion goes but it gets followed almost immediately by the laughing scene. Which I actually don't mind compared to most people, especially in context of the whole Jecht=Sin revelation and the need to let that out of his system.

Ourobolus

Banned
I can't remember the last time I beat the Goers in the tournament. Woo!

I still am not the biggest fan of Blitzball, but dammit, I'm going to get the Reels/Weapon for once if it kills me

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I'm having a hard time with my first Blitzball match. :/

Jennipeg

You'll definitely get your copy today. ShopTo have always delivered my stuff the next day after dispatching.

Your right, it's just arrived! Man, Shopto are way better than Amazon with pre orders. I'll get to playing this afternoon, can't wait.

Everyone in the UK still waiting, I will allow you to hate me.

Your right, it's just arrived! Man, Shopto are way better than Amazon with pre orders. I'll get to playing this afternoon, can't wait.

Everyone in the UK still waiting, I will allow you to hate me.

Ok I will sit here and fester in my hatred

I was hoping that Game would break the street date and I would get a text to say I can pick the game up as they have done this before but no. I'll just sit here for another day. Waiting

Saphirax

I was able to download x and x-2 over the playstation app. Can't start them though, telling me it's not available.

Anyone knows when we can start to play on vita here in Europe? At 00:00 or even today?

Should be 0:00. At least that's how it was with other games. When you pre-order the game, it says you'll be able to pre-load it on the 20th (today) and play it on the 21st. I was able to download mine at midnight.

RaikuHebi

Banned
I phoned up my local GAME and it turns out everyone who pre-ordered FFX will be getting an LE. Thank god for that.

As I mentioned yesterday, when I did the pre-order a few weeks ago they said the LE wasn't coming up on their system, I was worried that they had made a mistake, but looks like everything will be fine.

Ohnonono

I only remember very little of playing this iteration but somehow it is hitting me right in the feels. I must have played enough to get some of this music and stuff really stuck in my head because I am getting the same vibes I get when I replay 6, 7, and 9. Also there was a scene very early in the game where I am getting on a boat right after this first island you meet Wakka and co. on and I swear that music had some real similarity to SOME FF7 track. I could not pinpoint it at the time but maybe someone else can.

marrec

Banned
I only remember very little of playing this iteration but somehow it is hitting me right in the feels. I must have played enough to get some of this music and stuff really stuck in my head because I am getting the same vibes I get when I replay 6, 7, and 9. Also there was a scene very early in the game where I am getting on a boat right after this first island you meet Wakka and co. on and I swear that music had some real similarity to SOME FF7 track. I could not pinpoint it at the time but maybe someone else can.

Yep, I feel the same way about X. I KNOW I only played it once, and yet it's tickling little nostalgia glands all up and down my spine. I've replayed X-2 multiple times so we'll see how that gets me going... maybe it was just a special time in my gaming life, I was older and more connected with the world and had meaningful relationships when I first played through X.

ZeroX03

Banned
I phoned up my local GAME and it turns out everyone who pre-ordered FFX will be getting an LE. Thank god for that.

As I mentioned yesterday, when I did the pre-order a few weeks ago they said the LE wasn't coming up on their system, I was worried that they had made a mistake, but looks like everything will be fine.

Separate artbook + case limited edition coming your way! No more worries!

The artbook's focus on monsters rather than characters is a bit funny though lol.

Comet

So I forgot to get the item in the first Cloister. When I tried to go back I wasn't allowed to (not a guardian they said). I will be able to go back in later right? It's been too long since I've played this.

Ourobolus

Banned
So I forgot to get the item in the first Cloister. When I tried to go back I wasn't allowed to (not a guardian they said). I will be able to go back in later right? It's been too long since I've played this.

Yes, but you'll have a surprise Dark Aeon waiting for you :p

RaikuHebi

Banned
Separate artbook + case limited edition coming your way! No more worries!

The artbook's focus on monsters rather than characters is a bit funny though lol.

Haha, well it'll rarely come out of my cupboard anyway :p, just like the XIII and XIII-2 CE books.

I'm going to repeat another question I had from yesterday, are the contents of the artbooks the same? 24 pages for NA LE, 40 pages for NA CE and 52 pages for Europe LE.

Shahed

I find it funny how I can see the PS3 version downloading now, but I won't be able to play it for another 11 hours. At the same time I have the Vita versions in front of me which I can start now. Sure FFX is a cart so it's to be expected, but the FFX-2 is a download and I was able to play it

Still even if I can start now, I'd rather play it on PS3 first.

TEJ

I never really noticed this in the PS2 version but a lot of characters and random npc's in FFX have visible thongs.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
So, what is the deal with the audio in this game? Is it Dolby PL II? Should I set my PS3 to output just Linear PCM 2 channel for my receiver to decode the surround signal correctly?

If I set my PS3 to Dolby Digital, my receiver recognizes it and plays back only through 2 channels. As soon as I get to a point in the game where an FMV cutscene plays, the receiver stops recognizing the audio stream as DD and re-interprets the signal as some form of surround sound. It then remains this way until I restart the game.

I've never seen a game act like this... how could my PS3 be outputting DD fine, then a game changes it to some signal that my receiver thinks is an analog PLII stream?

Holmes

Time to go back a save...thankfully I was barely past that.

Any other really big missables?
It's not missable. You can go back there by doing a big backtrack when you reach one of the last areas of the game, or if you miss that opportunity, you'll have to fight a superboss to gain access to the temple.

Ourobolus

Banned
Time to go back a save...thankfully I was barely past that.

Any other really big missables?

Well each temple has a sphere/chest you need to unlock, so don't forget those.
There are some Al Bhed Primers in
Home and right after Yuna's Wedding
that can be missed.

Someone also mentioned earlier that after you beat Spherimorph you should head back to Besaid for a Jecht Sphere (before Dark Valefor shows up). You should also get the Sun Crest behind
Yunalesca
right after you fight her so you don't have to fight Dark Bahamut to get it.

ZeroX03

Banned
Haha, well it'll rarely come out of my cupboard anyway :p, just like the XIII and XIII-2 CE books.

I'm going to repeat another question I had from yesterday, are the contents of the artbooks the same? 24 pages for NA LE, 40 pages for NA CE and 52 pages for Europe LE.

It appears the artbook is exactly the same as NA's LE except that the game case is separate. The 24 pages of the NA LE is actually Europe's 48 pages (depending on how you count them see), I'm not sure why the rep told me it was 52 pages.

RaikuHebi

Banned
It appears the artbook is exactly the same as NA's LE except that the game case is separate. The 24 pages of the NA LE is actually Europe's 48 pages (depending on how you count them see), I'm not sure why the rep told me it was 52 pages.

I see, thanks!

And therefore I assume the NA CE is the same but dimensionally bigger.

ZeroX03

Banned
I see, thanks!

And therefore I assume the NA CE is the same but dimensionally bigger.

Probably along those lines. Disappointed we didn't get more, but I'm grabbing the guide book to supplement my urge for pretty pictures. Wish more games would have 100+ art books like Tales of Graces f did. At least they tried to use more obscure artwork for FFX instead of the same promo/character shots we've been seeing for years.

For people who like playing Blitzball early
, found this team online and it's been working wonders for me. Was a breeze to get Attack Reels, and available right after Luca. For if you're too impatient to wait for late game.

FW: Tidus
FW: Wedge (guard outside stadium)
MF: Zev Ronso (the screen to the right of the stadium)
DF: Zalitz (on the way to Luca Theater)
DF: Ropp (at the Mi'hen travel agency)
GF: Jumal (on a bench at the Luca Square)

Comet

It's not missable. You can go back there by doing a big backtrack when you reach one of the last areas of the game, or if you miss that opportunity, you'll have to fight a superboss to gain access to the temple.

Damn, I'm like two hours or so past that cloister. I don't have a save before. Should I restart the game and get the item/sphere or just power on through and go back at the end of the game?

Shahed

The save right after the cloister. I have a save at the first point in Besaid so I'll just restart from there.
The Cloister near the beginning of the game? Don't reload. You can come back later on. You have a large window of time before the Dark Aeons show up. I think you're fine until you get the Airship which is ages yet. Just carry on for a while and come back later Become a guradian first!

Another important missable is a while later when you defeat a hard boss upon getting revelations about Sin near the end of the pilgramage. There's a chest that gets blocked by a Dark Aeon if you leave without getting it. It's in plain view though so you shouldn't miss it.

There might be Albhed books missable, but I'm not sure there

Comet

The Cloister near the beginning of the game? Don't reload. You can come back later on. You have a large window of time before the Dark Aeons show up. I think you're fine until you get the Airship which is ages yet. Just carry on for a while and come back later Become a guradian first!

Another important missable is a while later when you defeat a hard boss upon getting revelations about Sin near the end of the pilgramage There's a chest that gets blocked by a Dark Aeon if leave without getting it. It's in plain view though so you should get it.

There might be Albhed books missable, but I'm not sure there

Answered my question, thank you :)

ZeroX03

Banned
Guys, just backtrack after Calm Lands when you have the hunting weapons. Kill a few birds with one sword. There's no real rush, you just want to do one run back to Besaid after you've unlocked
~Jecht~
Spheres.

The Al Bhed Primers you want to watch out for are reasonably late, three at
Al Bhed Home
and one at
Bevelle Temple

marrec

Banned
Damn, I'm like two hours or so past that cloister. I don't have a save before. Should I restart the game and get the item/sphere or just power on through and go back at the end of the game?

As someone above me said, there's lots of time before you have to defeat the Dark Aeon. Just make sure to go back at the earliest opportunity.

SeZMehK

I missed the
chest in the Besaid Temple
. I am now past the
Blitzball tournament
. When can I go back or should I start over? Thanks.

ryushe

Mi'ihen Highroad and I'm already on the verge of breaking this game.

Have Kimahri with Extract Ability, Auron with Haste, Yuna with Black Magic and Lulu with Cure/Esuna.

Yep, the Expert Sphere Grid is absolutely the way to go.

Top Bottom