• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

so who's gonna go for the FFX platinum?

FFX was my most played game of ps2 gen, and it's probably gonna end up my most played ps3 game as well lol :)

now if they could only remaster FF12, Xenosaga, Persona, Shadow Hearts, and Valkyrie Profile series on ps3 i wouldn't need to keep my ps2 around :(

MrDenny

It's only frustrating me right now because of trying to win the first blitz ball match. Every time I retry it's a 6 minute cutscene.
In manual mode, hug the edges.
I usually try to stall on the bottom right hand corner of the map, sometimes the other team will just swim in circles.
When there's an opening, pass the ball to tidus and swim until you are only near one person.
Break through them and shoot, you should be able to score.
You just have to score once, and stall around the edges.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

FFX was my most played game of ps2 gen, and it's probably gonna end up my most played ps3 game as well lol :)

now if they could only remaster FF12, Xenosaga, Persona, Shadow Hearts, and Valkyrie Profile series on ps3 i wouldn't need to keep my ps2 around :(

I would, if not for that fucking-pain-in-the-arse Chocobo Racing.

Merely the thought of it gets me angry.

Flandy

There's no way I'm able going to max out the sphere grid so that's a no

Falk

that puzzling face

Xenosaga aged pretty well on PCSX2, in large part due to its artstyle. Just throwing it out there.

Flandy

I'm a bit tempted to get 100% in X-2 since I've never done it before. I don't want to look at a guide throughout my entire playthrough though :\

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I'm a bit tempted to get 100% in X-2 since I've never done it before. I don't want to look at a guide throughout my entire playthrough though :\

Impossible to achieve.

Straight-out impossible. Since even if you lack .01 or .05% from doing stuff like, say, deviating from the path right at the beginning of the game or talking to certain characters at the right time and moment, you won't get the 100% completion.

Impossible to achieve.

Straight-out impossible. Since even if you lack .01 or .05% from doing stuff like, say, deviating from the path right at the beginning of the game or talking to certain characters at the right time and moment, you won't get the 100% completion.

There are so many little things you have to do that you basically have to resort to using a guide. There's no way that anyone will 100% this game on their first playthrough having never played it before

Flandy

Impossible to achieve.

It hurts me that you think I don't already know this :\ I said I don't feel like using a guide throughout my entire playthrough because I know that I would have to be looking at it ALL THE TIME

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
It hurts me that you think I don't already know this :\ I said I don't feel like using a guide throughout my entire playthrough because I know that I would have to be looking at it ALL THE TIME

Woah dude, hahahaha, no need to be dramatic :)

There are so many little things you have to do that you basically have to resort to using a guide. There's no way that anyone will 100% this game on their first playthrough having never played it before

I doubt even those who have played it before will be able to do it again.

The requirements are bananas.

laoni

You just made my playrthough a hell of a lot less stressful. Thank you. I would love a site that just lists stuff straight up like you just did.
EDIT: oh shit. Just looked up a trophy guide. You have to learn monster moves. I don't remember a mechanic for refighting bosses. Is there a list for this stuff? WHY DO I DO THIS TO MYSELF.

Bit belated, but because of the
Dark Aeons
, you're going to want to grab a few of those Destruction Sphere treasures on your first go. A few of them hang outside the temples, and block your way in. Specificially (spoilering in case)
Besaid and Macalania Temples can't be reaccessed after getting the Airship unless you take down the Dark Aeons first.

Banzai

Man, replaying this reminds me of what great lengths Tidus went to being such a completely dis-likable shitbag early on.

You had one job, to come back on time for a Blitzball match. One job. What the fuck, really. I don't care if it's poor writing or a justified plot device or a character arc. Unreliable people are the absolute fucking worst. I mean really. You spend the first three hours of the game raving about how you play to win, then you make yourself look like a spoilt dick with a megaphone, then you just disappear and leave everyone hanging. Ok man. Ok, I get it.

yeah, just let yuna fend for herself. damn women always getting kidnapped and in the way of sporting events and stuff.

I'll never get the Tidus hate.

Impossible to achieve.

Sounds more unfun than P3/P4G. :/

Flandy

Woah dude, hahahaha, no need to be dramatic :)

Welp. Going to go cry myself to sleep now. Night everyone ;__;

I doubt even those who have played it before will be able to do it again.

The requirements are bananas.
Laughing Banana
Weeping Pickle
(Today, 01:13 AM)
image.php

Xenosaga aged pretty well on PCSX2, in large part due to its artstyle. Just throwing it out there.

It's actually kinda dodgy if you upscale it at all. You pretty much have to play in native resolution or put up with your choice of either artifacts or dodgy outlines depending on the setting.

ZeroX03

Banned
Getting 100% first try on X-2 is brutal and following a guide so strictly will probably suck the fun out of it (it did for me). The game is designed around NG+.

SirNinja

I love this feature. I wish the PS3 version had an equivalent thing where you can just insta-heal everyone optimally. So damn good, especially while grinding.

Going for both platinums. Playing enough Blitz to win the Jupiter Sigil for Wakka and filling out all of Shinra's bestiary are probably going to be the biggest obstacles for me.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Oh we're talking a bit off-topic about Xenosaga?

As much as I love FFX/FFX-2, I would gladly have Xenosaga HD Remaster over them.

God I *love* Xenosaga to death. Yes, even the 2nd game. Playing 1-3 from beginning to completion... one of the finest experiences of my gaming history.

I have a PS3 FFX save from the English-patched Japanese versions (and yes I'll happily PM a mod a picture proving I own the Japanese version, if they want) that I want to transfer to my english Vita version (I don't go online with my CFW PS3 for obvious reasons).

Is it possible to get send someone the PS3 save, get them to synch it to their Vita and then send me a Vita save file I can transfer onto my Vita ?

Getting 100% first try on X-2 is brutal and following a guide so strictly will probably suck the fun out of it (it did for me). The game is designed around NG+.

It's also very very possible that even following a guide, you'll end up with 99% like I did. To this day I still don't know what I missed.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
No complaints about the Vita version? I want that one primarily if it's a good version. Suspend/Play is just awesomissimo for RPGs

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
It's also very very possible that even following a guide, you'll end up with 99% like I did. To this day I still don't know what I missed.

See, the problem is if you wait until NG+ to use a guide to 100% FFX-2, the game actually still display the completed percentage of your previous walkthrough so you need to be absolutely sure that you add the correct percentage of that new stuff that you missed previously to ensure you don't miss a thing--of course, IIRC you're also required to re-do everything again things that you have done even if technically those things are already included within that displayed percentage. So uhh... if during your 2nd playthrough you suddenly like, "Wait, have I done this or not on this playthrough?", hopefully you can remember it.

See, the problem is if you wait until NG+ to use a guide to 100% FFX-2, the game actually still display the completed percentage of your previous walkthrough so you need to be absolutely sure that you add the correct percentage of that new thing that you missed previously to ensure you don't miss a thing--of course, IIRC you're also required to re-do everything again things that you have done even if technically those things are already included within that percentage.

It's a pain in the arse.

Nah, I was on a new game, everything seemed to fine until I got to the point where you do the hotspring cameras , and I was suddenly behind (it may have been there or I may have missed .1% somewhere previously) . The True Ending clip is strictly on the completion percentage showing as 100% (I got it on my first NG+ playthrough as New Yevon, and it's not possible to 100% New Yevon within a single game file), so you don't have to do everything you missed (I even deliberately borked up a couple of the Areas to get the alternative items).

None at all.

I've heard complaints that the frame rate is a bit dodgy and the resolution is sub-native but that's about it, and well, if you play games on the Vita I doubt this is news to you.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Nah, I was on a new game, everything seemed to fine until I got to the point where you do the hotspring camera's , and I was suddenly behind (it may have been there or I may have missed .1% somewhere previously) . The True Ending clip is strictly on the completion percentage showing as 100% (I got it on my first NG+ playthrough as New Yevon, and it's not possible to 100% New Yevon within a single game file), so you don't have to do everything you missed (I even deliberately borked up a couple of the Chapters to get the alternative items).

Oh yeah.... that's right. Now I remember...

Apparently if you do absolutely everything you get like 102% or something like that.

ZeroX03

Banned
Apparently if you do absolutely everything you get like 102% or something like that.

The game has you choose between the
Youth League and New Yevon
, if you pick the opposite to what you did the previous game (you have to pick the former for a single playthrough 100%) you can make up extra percentage points.It goes up to 105%.

For my first playthrough of X-2 (going for Platinum), I'm just going to play it without the guide and have fun. Second playthrough I'll actually follow the guide and with some carry over points from the first playthrough I won't have to stress about missing something tiny.

laoni

I've heard complaints that the frame rate is a bit dodgy and the resolution is sub-native but that's about it, and well, if you play games on the Vita I doubt this is news to you.

Not sure about resolution, but I've noticed some drops in the frame rate (The one that sticks out to me the most is Yuna's first summoning in Besaid) but nothing unplayable.

I've bought the PS3 and PS Vita versions of this game (£23.60 each from Shop.net) and they should arrive today (hopefully). The Cross Save feature means that I can switch between them as needed, which really is an awesome feature IMO, but it's a shame that the PS3 version didn't just come with a free downloadable copy of Final Fantasy X/X-2 in the first place. Still the games were cheap enough that it isn't that big of a deal that it didn't and at least I have a nice box and physical cart for the PS Vita version (even if it is only for the first game not both) to sell on later if I choose.

Jennipeg

I can't contol my excitement, I really hope it comes early, Shopto dispatched yesterday so it's possible. I'm going for the Platinum, I hate myself that much. I'm waiting for the PS3 versions, but when it gets to level grinding (usually Bevelle) I'll switch to Vita for a while.

SirNinja

I've heard complaints that the frame rate is a bit dodgy

The framerate only slightly dips when there are scenes with a huge number of NPCs onscreen at once (e.g., Yuna first summoning Valefor). Other than that, it's extremely good.

I seriously prefer the Vita version over the PS3 version. The Quick Recovery feature, suspend/resume, and portability send it over the top, and it all looks incredible on that OLED screen.

I can never do the platinums in this game. too much effort

Yeah, since I played the PAL version of FFX and did the monster arena / dark aeaons thing back in the day I think I'll just do the main storyline in X to refresh my memory. I'm probably going to platinum X-2 though, the new content looks like it's worth going through the whole thing again.

Thoraxes

Yeah, I've been one the X-2 bandwagon since day one back then. Even had the Yuna, Rikku and Paine figures (sadly sold them on eBay some time later).

It was the whole reason I only wanted X-2 and on Vita. 1080p on the TV would've been nice, but I didn't wanted X and the overall experience would've been kinda similar to back then, just with prettier visuals.

Now, just have X-2..on a portable...with new content and improved visuals and sound (and 3 cards!!).

:)

whynotboth.gif

laoni

Yeah, since I played the PAL version of FFX and did the monster arena / dark aeaons thing back in the day I think I'll just do the main storyline in X to refresh my memory. I'm probably going to platinum X-2 though, the new content looks like it's worth going through the whole thing again.

Thanks for reminding me I need to backtrack to Besaid once I unlock the Jecht Spheres...

It's only very slightly subnative. It's nowhere near as bad as P4G and Uncharted. Very barely noticeable on the Vita itself unlike the screenshots you see. You'll usually notice it on the hair. I think they're using FXAA, while the PS3 version doesn't have any AA.

Framerate dips are rate, and like mentioned only with very big crowds (Yuna's first Valefor summoning).

Falk

that puzzling face
yeah, just let yuna fend for herself. damn women always getting kidnapped and in the way of sporting events and stuff.

I'll never get the Tidus hate.

The reason they were in the cafe in the first place was Tidus agreeing to go on a wild goose chase literally minutes from the beginning of the tournament. Not to mention 'GET THEM KIMAHRI'. And seriously, don't give me the 'oh Yuna was kidnapped' excuse because had Yuna not been kidnapped they'd still have been goofing off in a cafe while the game started.

If Tidus doesn't come off to you as a complete shitface every 15 minutes or so in the opening 1/3 of the game before reality comes around and slaps him in the face a bit, I honestly don't know what to tell you. He literally does something cringeworthy every other cutscene. It's like they were overcompensating for how stoic Squall is.

HeelPower

Man, replaying this reminds me of what great lengths Tidus went to being such a completely dis-likable shitbag early on.

You had one job, to come back on time for a Blitzball match. One job. What the fuck, really. I don't care if it's poor writing or a justified plot device or a character arc. Unreliable people are the absolute fucking worst. I mean really. You spend the first three hours of the game raving about how you play to win, then you make yourself look like a spoilt dick with a megaphone, then you just disappear and leave everyone hanging. Ok man. Ok, I get it.

The reason they were in the cafe in the first place was Tidus agreeing to go on a wild goose chase literally minutes from the beginning of the tournament. Not to mention 'GET THEM KIMAHRI'. And seriously, don't give me the 'oh Yuna was kidnapped' excuse because had Yuna not been kidnapped they'd still have been goofing off in a cafe while the game started.

If Tidus doesn't come off to you as a complete shitface every 15 minutes or so in the opening 1/3 of the game before reality comes around and slaps him in the face a bit, I honestly don't know what to tell you. He literally does something cringeworthy every other cutscene. It's like they were overcompensating for how stoic Squall is.

Yuna was eager to meet auron.He obviously was ambivalent.He couldn't let yuna's request down(he has feelings budding for her) and who could have ever predicted she would get kidnapped by the albhed team??? The fight wasn't his fault..it was an unexpected meeting for Kimahri. In the heat of the moment things went awry..

Tidus is ambivalent the entire time..he still doesn't belong to the group and he is being pulled in different directions by both yuna and wakka...Meeting Auron would be extremely important for him as a person..More so than the blitzball game..He is the one who set him off on this journey in the first place..

This entire situation makes him a flawed and human character more than anything.

Yuna was eager to meet auron.He obviously was ambivalent.He couldn't let yuna's request down(he has feelings budding for her) and who could have ever predicted she would get kidnapped by the albhed team??? The fight wasn't his fault..it was an unexpected meeting for Kimahri. In the heat of the moment things went awry..

Tidus is ambivalent the entire time..he still doesn't belong to the group and he is being pulled in different directions by both yuna and wakka...Meeting Auron would be extremely important for him as a person..More so than the blitzball game..He is the one who set him off on this journey in the first place..

This entire situation makes him a flawed and human character more than anything.

Couldn't agree more

Shahadan

Tidus is a kid (that's the point of the 1516 flashbacks and his daddy problems) and Yuna and Wakka at first are basically his new parents. Both pull him in their own directions because they want him to be something in relation to their own interests/apirations.

Tidus wasn't asking for anything and doesn't take a single decision by himself for a looong time.

Top Bottom