• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XI 2011 |OT| To Abyssea and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

B.K.

I keep wanting to came back to the game, but I have to always convince myself that I never played enough to make it worth the money.

B.K. said:
I keep wanting to came back to the game, but I have to always convince myself that I never played enough to make it worth the money.

As long as you play longer than it takes you to eat a 12$ lunch than you're getting your money's worth as far as I am concerned.

Shouta

Got my DRK and WAR to 85 this weekend, and pick up the Stormbird and Visiccitude Atmas last night from a JP pick-up. Gonna try and get some more Atmas tonight or level PLD some. I definitely want Razed Ruins and Voracious Violet eventually!

Shouta said:
Got my DRK and WAR to 85 this weekend, and pick up the Stormbird and Visiccitude Atmas last night from a JP pick-up. Gonna try and get some more Atmas tonight or level PLD some. I definitely want Razed Ruins and Voracious Violet eventually!

I want VV and Minkin Monstrosity. Hit me up on aim or something if you get a weekend group for those.

Shouta

It'll probably be the weekend after this. Gonna do some gift shopping in Tokyo this weekend for family.

Shouta

1.3k would be too much....

300 I can see though. Spin dat wheeeeel.

Also, got a Pulverizer run last night but ugh didn't get the atma. Was a total mess of a run though, tank died too fast.

Also, I'm gonna start doing WOTG missions, I want those Twilight pieces. :lol

Shouta

Oh man, Dominion is awesome too!

I went from 89 to 90 in 2 hours just doing the Dolls Op in Altepa. I also got the Gnarled Horn atma tonight too and that really helped the soloing.

Desi

finally purchased the Abyssea mini-expansions. Now to wait 20 hours so i can get 30 more minutes of time :s

Desi said:
finally purchased the Abyssea mini-expansions. Now to wait 20 hours so i can get 30 more minutes of time :s

Ignore abyssea completely for a week. Build up some stones, then let me know, and we can go hunting for abyssites to make them build up faster.

You need the 3 abyssites of celerity.

Ivory, Azure and Crimson.

One is a drop from tonberries, hope you like throat stab! You'll build up plenty of cruor and XP farming these.

One is from a quest. Buy 3 stacks of sanguinets and one black whisker, then get access to abyssea-vunkerl. There is an npc who will activate the quest "a ward to end all wards" in the main camp. Spam sanguinets to repeat this quest as much as possible, this will max your fame. Trade the black whisker to another npc in camp to get the abyssite after your fame is high enough.

The 3rd is purchasable with cruor from any heroes zone.

Shouta

You'll still have a certain number of stones though so you won't be starting from scratch in terms of time, Rock. Once you get the Celerity abyssites your stone count will skyrocket.

SUPARSTARX

I'm sad that this thread will probably be more active than FF14. But awesome to see it going near the "end" with max level caps.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Man, Dominion ops does to abyssea exp, what abyssea exp did to old party exp. :lol :lol :lol

"Congratulations, you killed 5 normal mobs, here's 5,000 exp, some dominion credits, curor, and a once a day random af3 seal."

Also, great stats aside. Summoner Af3 body looks amazing.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Pai Pai Master said:
Who knows how long they'll keep going. Did they ever say that 99 was gonna be the absolute final cap?

Yes, but to be fair, in that announcement they said they would increase it to 99 over 3 updates (meaning this was supposed to have been the 99 update, last update should have gone to 90 instead of just 85).

Sanic

Can multiple characters from the same PlayOnline account be logged in and playing at the same time? I would assume not, but I just wanna check.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So as if Abyssea wasn't insane enough already. Completing the main quest on a 7th abyssea zone will land you an abyssite that gives you a 3rd atma.

Shouta

Galkas in it are pretty creepy too.

Finally got my second Lunar Abyssite and the Stout Arm Atma, huray. Just wish I had RR and VV now.

Anyone wanna start a serious abyssea NM group on Fridays nights? I really wanna start systematically clearing zones and getting AF3, I'm sure some of you do too.

Shouta

Kandinsky said:
Yeah but not with you.

You know you want to Sac, don't be all tsun tsun on Pancakes!

Friday nights seem ok, I'll just have to get up a little early on Saturday morning, my time.

Also, I solo'd Tabilla, the doll NM in Aby-Altepa last night to 50% on PUP/MNK but then it whipped up its trick, multiple Typhoons in a row, when i was at 1200 HP. If I had avoided the Typhoons, I probably would've killed it. Counterstance and Gnarled Horn is way powerful.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Shouta said:
Also, I solo'd Tabilla, the doll NM in Aby-Altepa last night to 50% on PUP/MNK but then it whipped up its trick, multiple Typhoons in a row, when i was at 1200 HP. If I had avoided the Typhoons, I probably would've killed it. Counterstance and Gnarled Horn is way powerful.

Found the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom