• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XI 2011 |OT| To Abyssea and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Hey my main is SMN, but with abyssea it's found new life. Excellent damage, and when we want to spam kill mobs to time chest,s I can spam Alexander thanks to the 2 hour chests.

Shouta

DrForester said:
Hey my main is SMN, but with abyssea it's found new life. Excellent damage, and when we want to spam kill mobs to time chest,s I can spam Alexander thanks to the 2 hour chests.

What does that have to do with your last post then. =b

Shouta

DrForester said:
I know what it's like to have an unappreciated job :p

But I like making fun of pup. Can't make fun of DRG anymore.

Can't really make fun of any job anymore though, especially because Atmas extend to pets in Abyssea. Blizzard V for 5000+ damage without an ounce of hate is fun. :lol Now I just have to get the atmas for it. >=(

Kandinsky

Shouta said:
Can't really make fun of any job anymore though, especially because Atmas extend to pets in Abyssea. Blizzard V for 5000+ damage without an ounce of hate is fun. :lol Now I just have to get the atmas for it. >=(
Oh you still can, just not MNK, WAR, NIN and WHM, rest are:lol

Shouta

Kandinsky said:
Oh you still can, just not MNK, WAR, NIN and WHM, rest are:lol

I dunno, every job still has its ups and downs even in Abyssea. Those 4 jobs are awesome but they do have downsides!

I had a good night.

Varangian Helm
Charis Necklace
Magnus Toporok
Curatio Grip
Atma of the Rapid Reptilian
Sapphire Abyssite of Sojourn
Sapphire Abyssite of Furtherance

And last but not least:

Estoqueur's Fuseau +1

:-D

MCX

Banned
I haven't played FFXI since 2007 but I'm kinda curious about the new level caps. Can a level 99 effectively solo Kirin, KB, Tiamat, Vrtra now?

MCX said:
I haven't played FFXI since 2007 but I'm kinda curious about the new level caps. Can a level 99 effectively solo Kirin, KB, Tiamat, Vrtra now?

The caps don't make you superman, but some of the buffs and gear you can get from abyssea are pretty nuts.

Kronotech

My 75DRG is really interested in starting up again. Been about 2 years. The thing that always spurned me in this game was getting my hands on good armor. Could never get my hands on anything better than Hydra Mail.

With no LS's that were interested in helping me camp Ose or do any kind of high armor runs, I was stuck doing pick-up groups, which never got me anything.

Is the ease of getting good armor there now with the increased level cap and new zones? Are there a lot of high-end LS's that do endgame runs still?

Kandinsky

So solo'd that peiste nm for KI 5 times this morning untill i got it, invited a bunch of random ppl in the zone and got Sobek's atma and Kamome= Win.

A lot of that stuff is pretty much obselete for 75+ now with the advent of Abyssea gear. Just find a group to do Abyssea runs with and you'll end up getting a lot of great gear while you climb past 75.

B.K.

Does anyone have the Ultimate Collection? I bought it so I can install the three add-ons when I come back, but I don't see any option to install them anywhere on the install disc's menu.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
B.K. said:
Does anyone have the Ultimate Collection? I bought it so I can install the three add-ons when I come back, but I don't see any option to install them anywhere on the install disc's menu.
You have to go into the disk files. There is a file for each expansion and a setup.exe within

B.K.

DrForester said:
You have to go into the disk files. There is a file for each expansion and a setup.exe within

I've already installed the expansions a long time ago. I want to install A Crystalline Prophecy, A Moogle Kupo d'Etat, and A Shantotto Ascension. That's why I got the Ultimate Collection. It was cheaper than buying those three separately.

B.K. said:
I've already installed the expansions a long time ago. I want to install A Crystalline Prophecy, A Moogle Kupo d'Etat, and A Shantotto Ascension. That's why I got the Ultimate Collection. It was cheaper than buying those three separately.

You don't install those. They're included in patches, all you need to do is register the codes. If you have the latest version of FFXI you have that stuff already.

hgplayer1

B.K. said:

Are you sure they aren't already installed? When you are at the title screen are the names for those add ons kinda greyed out?

hgplayer1 said:
Are you sure they aren't already installed? When you are at the title screen are the names for those add ons kinda greyed out?

They are greyed out until they are "enabled" for your account. The content is part of the same patches everyone else gets.

Shouta

Kandinsky said:
So solo'd that peiste nm for KI 5 times this morning untill i got it, invited a bunch of random ppl in the zone and got Sobek's atma and Kamome= Win.

Nice!

I'm gonna gather the items for Durinn soon I think. I want to get his Atma for nuking stuff down on my PUP. You down for it? Assuming you don't have it already you damn super taru! >=O Also, you down for Urd kills?

Been spamming a repeatable quest and a few Ops for seals. Picked up some PUP and WAR seals so far, and woof, 3 RDM body seals I don't need. :lol

Kronotech said:
My 75DRG is really interested in starting up again. Been about 2 years. The thing that always spurned me in this game was getting my hands on good armor. Could never get my hands on anything better than Hydra Mail.

With no LS's that were interested in helping me camp Ose or do any kind of high armor runs, I was stuck doing pick-up groups, which never got me anything.

Is the ease of getting good armor there now with the increased level cap and new zones? Are there a lot of high-end LS's that do endgame runs still?

Most of the gear from two years ago is pretty outdated now sans a few pieces here and there. if you jump back in, level 78 and pick up the Perle Hauberk set for DRG. That's considered the new base line for gear in the game and it's like 10k a piece or even less on the AH. From there you can figure out how to customize your gear with the new abyssea stuff.

The new AF3 or Empyrean armors for each class are out too and those can be gotten solo to a certain extent. They're more less the current big armor sets for everyone in the game.

Kandinsky

Shouta said:
Nice!

I'm gonna gather the items for Durinn soon I think. I want to get his Atma for nuking stuff down on my PUP. You down for it? Assuming you don't have it already you damn super taru! >=O Also, you down for Urd kills?
Man I'm having so much fun on NIN its crazy, RR+GH ftw, been soloing/trying nms left and right, farming seal on these time nms is fuuuuuuun, bless SE for lowering their timers, and yeah lets kill that urd fker, wish she poped in abyssea:lol

Kronotech

Pai Pai Master said:
A lot of that stuff is pretty much obselete for 75+ now with the advent of Abyssea gear. Just find a group to do Abyssea runs with and you'll end up getting a lot of great gear while you climb past 75.

Shouta said:
Most of the gear from two years ago is pretty outdated now sans a few pieces here and there. if you jump back in, level 78 and pick up the Perle Hauberk set for DRG. That's considered the new base line for gear in the game and it's like 10k a piece or even less on the AH. From there you can figure out how to customize your gear with the new abyssea stuff.

The new AF3 or Empyrean armors for each class are out too and those can be gotten solo to a certain extent. They're more less the current big armor sets for everyone in the game.

The exact answers i was hoping for! Goodbye for now, FFXIV. My old fling is looking quite tasty.

Shouta

pancakesandsex said:
Atma of the Voracious Violet {mine}
Atma of the Cloak and Dagger {mine}
Atma of the Noxious Fang {mine}

Dammit, I want Voracious Violet >=(

Sac: Cool Beans, we can start getting shit we want now. I'll just have to level WHM or SCH through being a keywhore now so we can tradeoff.

Also, that slacking subordinates quest is killing me. it needs to give me more freaking seals! 8 more for WAR and PUP (3 RDM, 2 BLU and 1 RNG too ugh) to go before I can Magian them. Got the quest down to 5 minutes per run though with Sprinter's Shoes effect and Hermes Sandals though.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Shouta said:
Dammit, I want Voracious Violet >=(

Sac: Cool Beans, we can start getting shit we want now. I'll just have to level WHM or SCH through being a keywhore now so we can tradeoff.

Also, that slacking subordinates quest is killing me. it needs to give me more freaking seals! 8 more for WAR and PUP (3 RDM, 2 BLU and 1 RNG too ugh) to go before I can Magian them. Got the quest down to 5 minutes per run though with Sprinter's Shoes effect and Hermes Sandals though.

Get people to kill NM's. Those quests are a joke as far as droprate goes.

Shouta

JP time and I am mainly in Altepa so having to clear that T1 NM is annoying to fight Titan. I guess I could do it in the other zones though.

Still, I went on a streak tonight and got 3 more Body seals for PUP, only need 5 more. I've got the run down to 5 minutes now with Quickening/Hermes so it's quite nice.

Also, picked up the Brother Wolf and Lone Wolf Atmas tonight. Fire V for 4000 damage is fun, not quite Beyond/Ultimate/Minikin level but not bad!

Mailman 007

Neo Member
2aji2q.jpg

qrngcp.jpg

2yy2g7d.jpg

xb03mr.jpg

Mailman 007

Neo Member
Got the atma too, instant cast utsusemi is amazing, and it seems to be a pretty good proc rate.
We had to use the brew on Rani (who's probably harder than Shinryu) and we used a brew on Shinryu after we proc'd.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Kandinsky said:
Man I'm having so much fun on NIN its crazy, RR+GH ftw, been soloing/trying nms left and right, farming seal on these time nms is fuuuuuuun, bless SE for lowering their timers, and yeah lets kill that urd fker, wish she poped in abyssea:lol

I used to beg you guys to let me bring NIN to something... anything. Now it's a bandwagon job? FML. Buying FFXIV is one of the worst mistakes I've ever made.

Shouta

TAJ said:
I used to beg you guys to let me bring NIN to something... anything. Now it's a bandwagon job? FML. Buying FFXIV is one of the worst mistakes I've ever made.

Every job is awesome now. It's all about the right atmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom