• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XI 2013 Seekers of Adoulin |OT| Go West, Young Adventurer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

isual

Well, for magicite it's mostly the leg work.

And having to level up jobs to 75 is getting boring...unless I can leech.

Need to figure out how to leech in abyssea...

DigitalVeil

Neo Member
Well, for magicite it's mostly the leg work.

And having to level up jobs to 75 is getting boring...unless I can leech.

Need to figure out how to leech in abyssea...

Man, if you think the legwork for magicite is bad, I hope you don't look at what you have to do for some of those Zilart missions.....

Getting started leeching in Abyssea is tricky; unless you're a whm, sch, or rdm, at that level you aren't going to get into a party without being a keyer. In order to be a keyer you need Abyssea specific currency called Cruor, which you won't have yet because, of course, you haven't done any Abyssea content yet.

The best thing to do is Bostaunieux Oubliette till around 85, get yourself skilled up for that level range, and nab what you can afford that doesn't seem absolutely terrible in gear. After that, you should be able to get an invite to a party with a little searching around. Also, I hope that you already started the Abyssea questline so that you have been accumulating time stones while you have been doing other things.

Honestly, you've already done the hard part of the LB road to 99. The rest of them are easy stuff, though you might take a little bit on the last one.

Once you get into that first successful leveling party though, you'll be pretty set. You can save up cruor so that you can get abyssites that let you carry more time stones/add more time, get yourself some okay gear sets (Yes, I mean Perle/Aurore/Teal), and if worst comes to worst, you'll have a reserve of cruor that you can buy Forbidden Keys with; that way you can leech those jobs that are level 30 and up.

Stick with the game a little longer, you have yet to even scratch the surface of the events that await.

Midou

As I mentioned in LS chat I plan to try to get M.Taru RSE that should start around 10:30 PM EST this Friday, I know people may be busy on such a time, but if anyone with a WHM would be willing to teleport-dem me so I can get between Gusgen mines and Jeuno faster, I would highly appreciate it. I'm going to start farming keys tomorrow, I got 41 SCH and 34 RDM, using SCH as main for now though RDM is my actual main. I see Wights have close to 5% and Myconids closer to 9% for the key. Should I be able to take on these guys and similar enemies on a mostly naked scholar? I have a good bit of spells and a level 32 weapon, but no real armor (hence going for RSE).

Thanks.

edit: fixed time, 10:30 EST not 8:30

isual

Man, if you think the legwork for magicite is bad, I hope you don't look at what you have to do for some of those Zilart missions.....

Getting started leeching in Abyssea is tricky; unless you're a whm, sch, or rdm, at that level you aren't going to get into a party without being a keyer. In order to be a keyer you need Abyssea specific currency called Cruor, which you won't have yet because, of course, you haven't done any Abyssea content yet.

The best thing to do is Bostaunieux Oubliette till around 85, get yourself skilled up for that level range, and nab what you can afford that doesn't seem absolutely terrible in gear. After that, you should be able to get an invite to a party with a little searching around. Also, I hope that you already started the Abyssea questline so that you have been accumulating time stones while you have been doing other things.

Honestly, you've already done the hard part of the LB road to 99. The rest of them are easy stuff, though you might take a little bit on the last one.

Once you get into that first successful leveling party though, you'll be pretty set. You can save up cruor so that you can get abyssites that let you carry more time stones/add more time, get yourself some okay gear sets (Yes, I mean Perle/Aurore/Teal), and if worst comes to worst, you'll have a reserve of cruor that you can buy Forbidden Keys with; that way you can leech those jobs that are level 30 and up.

Stick with the game a little longer, you have yet to even scratch the surface of the events that await.

I've got about 30 last time I checked. It's been almost a month, and I only have that much.

DigitalVeil

Neo Member
I've got about 30 last time I checked. It's been almost a month, and I only have that much.

30 is a good amount to get you started on. Once you study up on Abyssea and the mechanics inside, you'll see that you can actually obtain time extensions from chests. If you're coming into a good leveling party, you can go into Abyssea with only one stone expended and have that 30 minutes last you hours and hours, just due to the time extensions you'll obtain. In addition, you can also get abyssites of celerity(Key items) that lower the amount of time you need to wait in order to gain time stones. With all three of them in your posession, you can turn a 20 hour wait into an 8 hour one.

For your reference in the future, you can check out this guide here when you think you're ready to make the plunge into Abyssea: http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Abyssea_Guide

isual

30 is a good amount to get you started on. Once you study up on Abyssea and the mechanics inside, you'll see that you can actually obtain time extensions from chests. If you're coming into a good leveling party, you can go into Abyssea with only one stone expended and have that 30 minutes last you hours and hours, just due to the time extensions you'll obtain. In addition, you can also get abyssites of celerity(Key items) that lower the amount of time you need to wait in order to gain time stones. With all three of them in your posession, you can turn a 20 hour wait into an 8 hour one.

For your reference in the future, you can check out this guide here when you think you're ready to make the plunge into Abyssea: http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Abyssea_Guide

when you said leeching as whm, rdm, and sch; can I start at level 30 ish ?

Midou

Perhaps a better question based on my last post, among the newer warp points and NPCs and stuff, I've looked through the wiki a bit but I keep getting lost in what each quest actually does. If I wanted to quickly get from Jeuno to Gusgen mines and vice versa, what would be the fastest way?

Loona

Perhaps a better question based on my last post, among the newer warp points and NPCs and stuff, I've looked through the wiki a bit but I keep getting lost in what each quest actually does. If I wanted to quickly get from Jeuno to Gusgen mines and vice versa, what would be the fastest way?

The quickest way to Gusgen is through the Voidwatch warp from the Bastok path, but I think to access that you need a few of the early fights under your belt following the corresponding quest line.
An alternative, longer way is taking the Abyssea maw wrap, which leaves you in the south end of Konsctat Highlands, making you walk a bit to Gusgen.

From Gusgen to Jeuno, well, there's the Gusgen book near its entrance, and the Repatriation option under the Field Support category - that takes you to your nation, and from there you can take the airship (I do for puny gil from the mini quest where you return stuff to a passenger), or maybe home point using the BLM spell if that where you have it set.

Midou

It's not possible to stockpile magical patterns(RSE quest) by sending them to yourself like keys is it?

Ease of exploration kupower should last until at least end of the week right?

I also am not high rank enough yet for airship pass.

I was thinking to set my HP in Jeuno:

1) Pick up instant warp and key from delivery box
2) Take some nearby book to my nation (san'doria)
3) Use explorer moogle to get to bastok
4) Take chocobo to gusgen
5) Open chest, instant warp to Jeuno HP, turn in pattern
6) Repeat from Step 1

I figure 30 minutes per magical pattern if I already have the keys I need. Got one key so far already. Otherwise if I can send magical patterns to myself, I will do that process but with an HP in Bastok, and going to Jeuno at the end to turn them in. According to Pyogenes timers, I should have about a 5.5 hour window.

Is there a difference between chests and coffers? Can I find the pattern in any of these blue dots: Map 1 and Map 2?

creid

Ease of exploration kupower should last until at least end of the week right?

As of a few hours ago EoE was already finished :/

I was thinking to set my HP in Jeuno:

1) Pick up instant warp and key from delivery box
2) Take some nearby book to my nation (san'doria)
3) Use explorer moogle to get to bastok
4) Take chocobo to gusgen
5) Open chest, instant warp to Jeuno HP, turn in pattern
6) Repeat from Step 1
Have you been doing Outpost deliveries? If you've delivered to Valkyurm/Zulkheim, I would change steps 3 & 4 to:
3) Use Outpost Teleport to get to Valkurm Dunes / Zulkheim region
4) Run to Gusgen

Might take longer, but without EoE it might be the best you can do. Currently working on getting an airship pass myself.

Midou

As of a few hours ago EoE was already finished :/

Have you been doing Outpost deliveries? If you've delivered to Valkyurm/Zulkheim, I would change steps 3 & 4 to:
4) Run to Gusgen

Might take longer, but without EoE it might be the best you can do. Currently working on getting an airship pass myself.

Ah Thanks, I will look into it.

I have no idea how Kupowers work but I remember the speed one that let you run faster after resting lasted a long time, was that multiple instances of it or something?

And anyone know for sure what the deal is whether you can send magical patterns to yourself and have 4 in your delivery box before going to jeuno to trade them all? That would certainly save me a lot of time if EoE isn't available.

creid

Ah Thanks, I will look into it.

I have no idea how Kupowers work but I remember the speed one that let you run faster after resting lasted a long time, was that multiple instances of it or something?
AFAIK Kupowers last a week. Swift Shoes might have just been activated a few times in a row.

Loona

4) Run to Gusgen

Faster still: level WHM and do the quests to get the Teleport-Dem/Holla/Mea spells, use those to tele to the crags, get a chocobo and reach the dungeons even faster.

I really need to do that quest to complete the level 30 set before I outlevel that on every job, the schedules for it have kinda been discouraging though, it keeps slipping my mind to check.

Bilix

Map 2[/URL]?

That'll take 70 years!!!

Ok. This is what you do. Take a look at this:

Konschtat-highlands.png

Easiest thing to do is to start the Abyssea mission an obtain the ability to warp to the maw there. That will take you to (I-12) on the map.

But that's still a long walk! Boo! Boring! What else can we do.

Well, we got waypoint teleportation. If you can take the time to haul your butt to Selbina, Mhaura, Rabao, and Norg, you can teleport to (L-5) on the map at Ru'Lude Gardens! If you need any help getting there, ask me! We'll Sneak, Invis, and do the Chocobo Jig across Vana'diel!

Wow! That's much closer! More work upfront but faster for when you have to get your RSE. Screw maws!

You aren't going to get Voidwatch warp and leveling a WHM for this is kind of silly. So these are your best bets.

As for returning, set your homepoint to Jeuno and just keep getting teleport scrolls. Cost 10 conquest points. Cheap as free. Or just use a grounds tome to warp back. Since it's a dungeon, the book also let's you port to your home point. Don't even need to select Repatriation for your home capital.

Loona

Well, we got waypoint teleportation. If you can take the time to haul your butt to Selbina, Mhaura, Rabao, and Norg, you can teleport to (L-5) on the map at Ru'Lude Gardens!

I can't believe I already forgot that warp after that walk through the spine thingy (well, the VW warp send you to the Gusgen entrance, to it kinda trumps other things), but yep, it's a good one.

The other warps are generally pretty handy to get too - some like Uleguerand and Parradamo Tor are annoying, but if you know somone who already did them, getting and using the Nexus Cape to reach them after they've used the wap can help a lot. The wiki also has instructions on how to reach each of the spots.

Or just use a grounds tome to warp back. Since it's a dungeon, the book also let's you port to your home point. Don't even need to select Repatriation for your home capital.

I wasn't even aware of this one, I guess I'm too set in the habits of the outdoors books - this is still under the Field Support category, I take it?

Bilix

I wasn't even aware of this one, I guess I'm too set in the habits of the outdoors books - this is still under the Field Support category, I take it?

Ya, Grounds Tome also let's you choose Homing Instinct as well as Repatriation. This takes you to your home point.

Midou

Well, we got waypoint teleportation. If you can take the time to haul your butt to Selbina, Mhaura, Rabao, and Norg, you can teleport to (L-5) on the map at Ru'Lude Gardens! If you need any help getting there, ask me! We'll Sneak, Invis, and do the Chocobo Jig across Vana'diel!

You are referring to this quest: http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Researchers_from_the_West right?

Which appears to require this item correct?

And people are sure you can have more than one key if you send them to your delivery box but don't pick them up right? I got my first gusgen key in 5 minutes but 40 minutes later have not got another, I can just chalk it up to bad luck though. But if this is what the process requires, getting one of each key, then I will need to get 5. :p

I am not sure where Rabao and Norg are, but I'm sure I can look them up. I may take you up on your offer if they are quite high level, I do have Sneak and Invis, though I'm always afraid they will wear off at a terrible time. :O

Edit: Farming the wights/wendigos sure makes for great skill ups though.

Bilix

Yup. Forgot about the requirements for the Kazham Airship pass. More keys! Won't be too bad if Ease of Exploration Kupower is still up though. You're going to have to do this stuff sooner or later anyway, so you might as well do it if you got the time.

Midou

Yup. Forgot about the requirements for the Kazham Airship pass. More keys! Won't be too bad if Ease of Exploration Kupower is still up though. You're going to have to do this stuff sooner or later anyway, so you might as well do it if you got the time.

Yeah that's how I see it for most of the things I'm doing. It's unfortunate when I need to do a large number of things to unlock the ability to do one thing but at least it isn't a waste.

Loona

As for an earlier point I don't think got addressed - yes, there's a difference between chests and coffers, in name and in the places where they pop, but some dungeons only have of of those kinds - usually the (once) lower level dungeons (generally near starter cities or crag areas) only have chests, dungeons near Jeuno have both, higher level and beastmen stronghold tend to stick with coffers.

Aye.

Which appears to require this item correct?

Yep, to get to Norg specifically, although before getting there you'll go through Kazham.

Speaking of which, I love how the "flag" to the place seems to depict classic Gilgamesh's face paint pattern, even if this game seems to have the "wrong" Gilgamesh.

The jungle between Kazham and the caves where you find Norg is a maze, but once you find the outpost (might as well flag the supply run if it's an option), it's a matter of falling in a nearby hole which should let you drop to a zone with access to the waterfalls, and the entrance to Sea Serpent Grotto - once you're in the grotto, just make sure you stick to the wall to your right, even through a place with a secret "door", and you'll be in Norg soon enough. Really handy place for samurai, ninja, and dispelling notions about their incompatibility with pirates.

And people are sure you can have more than one key if you send them to your delivery box but don't pick them up right? I got my first gusgen key in 5 minutes but 40 minutes later have not got another, I can just chalk it up to bad luck though. But if this is what the process requires, getting one of each key, then I will need to get 5. :p

This I'm not sure about, and I don't use the delivery system for keys - I keep those in my mog sack, and for that kind of quest I'm more likely to farm them at a different time from when I'd use them.

I am not sure where Rabao and Norg are, but I'm sure I can look them up. I may take you up on your offer if they are quite high level, I do have Sneak and Invis, though I'm always afraid they will wear off at a terrible time. :O

Rabao's in the Western Altepa desert, slightly north from the northern connection to Eastern Altepa - to get to Eastern Altepa you basically have to keep going west in Korroloka tunnel, which you access near the entrance to Zerhun Mines, which you enter through Bastok Mines.

When you reach East Altepa, make sure to drop by its crystal so you can be teleported there later. Nowadays that stop is also handy to flag a quest that makes travel in the Quicksand Caves a lot simpler - it used to only be possible to travel solo there as a galka for lore/weight reasons.

DigitalVeil

Neo Member
when you said leeching as whm, rdm, and sch; can I start at level 30 ish ?

Nope, you'll need to be around 60-65 ish for people to want to take you. The reason for this is because with those classes, you're going to be brought in to do healing/magic duties. I'll go over what you'll be expected to do as each class

WHM: Healing/enhancing duty, you're going to need to be up to date on your healing spells and skills, but as long as you can toss some decent heals here and there, you'll be alright.

RDM: Healing/enchancing/nuking duty; you're going to need the above in addition to having your elemental magic skilled and a decent atma set in order to build Azure lights in the event that your party doesn't have a higher skilled blm/blu/sch. You can get away with doing WHM duties if you don't have the necessary damage to kill enemies with elemental magic though. You can always give an extra 3 mp/tick refresh and Phalanx as well.

SCH: You're going to be doing the above with the added bonus of having stratagems and EMBRAVA. With the constant stream of ISL (Instant Soothing Light) blue chests that can be found when the party gets going, you can activate your 1 hr and accession Embrava the DDs and Mages for extra buffs. Keeping your enhancing skill up will help you even better in this area. Though I haven't played since the Embrava nerf, it's still a very solid buff that can be provided on top of the buffs people will already have.

If you were going to pick a class to use, I'd most certainly say playing WHM would help you out in the long run. In addition to being the most straightforward job to get ready for Abyssea, they'll be a valuable asset during your whole stay there, since they get plenty of party invites.

Keep in mind what I said earlier though. If you don't feel like playing a mage class, you can just tough it out to 80/85 and you'll be alright to get into a party.

Jayhawk

Other teleportation methods that may help out some of you folks include:

Repatriation (taking you back to home nation) and Homing Instinct (warp) are available at FoV/GoV books. Books with Repatriation are found by telepoints at the Crags, and just outside Jeuno.

Voidwatch warps, for the cost of cruor, to just outside the starter cities are available once you start the voidwatch path for that city. These options are much faster than waiting for airships or taking chocobos.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Poverty Portal to Home: Fight something and die

*Edit*
I forgot, you lose experience from dying after level 10 don't you?

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Ballin, thanks. Not sure why I had level 10 stuck in my head for that. Until then I'll continue to use my Poverty Portal :D

Loona

Ballin, thanks. Not sure why I had level 10 stuck in my head for that. Until then I'll continue to use my Poverty Portal :D

I used to keep a job at level 1 for that - usually bard. Later I did the Warp scroll quest and levelled BLM to use it, which nowadays is pretty fast, so there's also that.

Midou

Forgot I did start this quest already, does it only need the Airship pass for Kazham to finish it then, and not just to start? I don't see 'Airship pass for Kazham' anywhere in the quest text for where you might need it. I'll grab the other areas tomorrow though.

Got the first limit break and nexus cape with Aya's help, I feel I am getting somewhere. :p

Still need 3 more Gusgen keys, I'll use my SCH so I can skill up off the mobs, if I go too long and can't seem to get keys fast enough, I'll just go with my RDM and clear them out faster for the drop.

After I get RSE, I'll take a step back and learn a bit better about how to play my classes and what spells I'm missing and such. Don't want to hit 99 and not know anything...

isual

Forgot I did start this quest already, does it only need the Airship pass for Kazham to finish it then, and not just to start? I don't see 'Airship pass for Kazham' anywhere in the quest text for where you might need it. I'll grab the other areas tomorrow though.

Got the first limit break and nexus cape with Aya's help, I feel I am getting somewhere. :p

Still need 3 more Gusgen keys, I'll use my SCH so I can skill up off the mobs, if I go too long and can't seem to get keys fast enough, I'll just go with my RDM and clear them out faster for the drop.

After I get RSE, I'll take a step back and learn a bit better about how to play my classes and what spells I'm missing and such. Don't want to hit 99 and not know anything...

I needed help getting through that damn forest

Aeana

You need the Kazham airship pass to get to Norg. That's the reason why it's listed.

Loona

Ah that makes sense. Well Kupowers for better drops might make getting all those keys easier then.

I've taken to levelling THF for making quest drops easier, at least for older content I'd like to get out of the way - initially I though I'd need to level it high enough to get Despoil for a BLM AF quest, but that later turned out to be unnecessary, but a couple of levels of Treasure Hunter can help.

Now yet another drop's needed if I want to get an item for RDM AF questing, but with only 2 mobs dropping it very rarely, I recently pushed my THF to 90 for TH3.
I could jsut buy the item, but since those mobs are goblins, the attempts will get me some gil in the process, instead of just making me spend some.

There's no such thing as being too cheap when you're saving for your final black belt item!

Midou

Dammit, the exact same thing happened to me as yestarday, enter Gusgen, kill 2 or 3 skeletons, BAM, key. Spend hours getting nothing. Least, once again, I'm finally getting some proper skill ups. Now the problem is, I am at 2 keys, and last time there was a maintenance I could not play the rest of the damn day as it kept freaking updating and crashing, so now I got like thursday to get 3 more keys (if I want to do that quest for warp points too) and then the RSE is friday night.. I guess if I can't get all the pieces now, I can try to farm some ordelle keys for monday.

I basically go north all in gusgen, until I pass this room full of Wendigo's and Wights, then I find another set of stairs going down, and I rest about half way down to not attract either the top or bottom, it works out pretty well. Typically stick to killing Wights for higher % of key drop. Though my question is, if anyone is aware with this area, I am at position H-7 in my rest spot(on 2nd map I suppose), and at the top of the stairs there, scrolling through targets I can highlight a grounds tome but for the life of me I cannot see where my cursor is or find the actual tome, does anyone know where it is? The wiki says (H-7) 2nd Map (Inside tunnel below Wendigo's) and that is where I am, but there is a lot of elevation going on, and I ran around the bottom of the stairs area for a while and could not find it.

Loona

Dammit, the exact same thing happened to me as yestarday, enter Gusgen, kill 2 or 3 skeletons, BAM, key. Spend hours getting nothing. Least, once again, I'm finally getting some proper skill ups. Now the problem is, I am at 2 keys, and last time there was a maintenance I could not play the rest of the damn day as it kept freaking updating and crashing, so now I got like thursday to get 3 more keys (if I want to do that quest for warp points too) and then the RSE is friday night.. I guess if I can't get all the pieces now, I can try to farm some ordelle keys for monday.

I basically go north all in gusgen, until I pass this room full of Wendigo's and Wights, then I find another set of stairs going down, and I rest about half way down to not attract either the top or bottom, it works out pretty well. Typically stick to killing Wights for higher % of key drop. Though my question is, if anyone is aware with this area, I am at position H-7 in my rest spot(on 2nd map I suppose), and at the top of the stairs there, scrolling through targets I can highlight a grounds tome but for the life of me I cannot see where my cursor is or find the actual tome, does anyone know where it is? The wiki says (H-7) 2nd Map (Inside tunnel below Wendigo's) and that is where I am, but there is a lot of elevation going on, and I ran around the bottom of the stairs area for a while and could not find it.

I'm not sure about books as I haven't gone deep into Gusgen in a while, but as for keys, wights might not necessarily be your best bet:

http://www.ffxidb.com/items/1031

Midou

I'm not sure about books as I haven't gone deep into Gusgen in a while, but as for keys, wights might not necessarily be your best bet:

http://www.ffxidb.com/items/1031

That does help, I knew about the higher chance enemies but I could not find them, didn't know there was a site that had maps of enemies... thanks though.

I can also only fight like 2-3 enemies, and only 1 if it's 33 or over, before I need to rest, so I will also need to find a safe spot closer to some of these other enemies.

Gusgen is also kind of confusing because the way it's split up into multiple paths completely fucks up the map and I have no idea how to get to certain spots sometimes.

creid

Dammit, the exact same thing happened to me as yestarday, enter Gusgen, kill 2 or 3 skeletons, BAM, key. Spend hours getting nothing.
Wasn't really aware of how to get RSE before but I looked it up and found that my week was going on at the time. This is exactly what happened to me last night!
(except in Ordelle)
I was going to post in here asking if there are any additional rules about when chest keys will drop. I got one drop in the first 4-5 kills (which unfortunately went towards getting me Torn-out Pages for another quest,) and then killed mobs for what had to be about 2-2.5 hours without getting any. Seems really suspicious for something with a ~10% drop rate.

Also, how are you storing a 2nd key? I did a little searching and it looked like chest keys were on the "can not send" list.

Midou

Also, how are you storing a 2nd key? I did a little searching and it looked like chest keys were on the "can not send" list.

It might be outdated info perhaps, I simply went to the delivery NPC next to the AHs and sent each key to myself. In my d.box I can see each key sitting there.

creid

It might be outdated info perhaps, I simply went to the delivery NPC next to the AHs and sent each key to myself. In my d.box I can see each key sitting there.
Maybe you just can't send them to other people, and I misread it.

Midou

Found a good spot to farm a few of the tougher gusgen key holding enemies where I can sit safely.

It's (F-7) in right map from here slightly north of the rancid ooze, can backtrack a bit to get to Myconids or rest inbetween ooze spawning, both quite a bit higher chance of dropping than wights.

isual

Found a good spot to farm a few of the tougher gusgen key holding enemies where I can sit safely.

It's (F-7) in right map from here slightly north of the rancid ooze, can backtrack a bit to get to Myconids or rest inbetween ooze spawning, both quite a bit higher chance of dropping than wights.

Have you tried asking for help in Jeuno or from your linkshell ? That usually works for me

isual

I'm good, skill ups from killing them slower too. Just got my 3rd key. 8)

What else have you been doing ? I just dinged level 75 with SAM, WAR, DNC, MNK and i am beat. But i've got more than enough merit points to just grind and turn them in for the limit breaks. Also have a surplus of seals and crests

Midou

What else have you been doing ? I just dinged level 75 with SAM, WAR, DNC, MNK and i am beat. But i've got more than enough merit points to just grind and turn them in for the limit breaks. Also have a surplus of seals and crests

I don't know what most of your post means.

I basically did 90% of my actual playing since this new expansion released(played every couple years since about 2006 trying to get into it, but I'd usually rage quit around Selbina level 15-20 grinding), so I've been trying to take it slow and not get overwhelmed by the seemingly million things everyone should have or have unlocked. :p

I solo'd RDM for a while, then got him to 34 in Gusgen, unlocked SCH, solo'd him until I Gusgen'd him as well, he is 41 now. Then I started doing my rank missions, got to rank 3, now I'm grinding for keys so I can get my RSE as well as catch up in skill ups I missed during Gusgen grinding. LS member p-leveled my RDM to 50 along the way too, and helped me to limit break for 50-55.

isual

I don't know what most of your post means.

I basically did 90% of my actual playing since this new expansion released(played every couple years since about 2006 trying to get into it, but I'd usually rage quit around Selbina level 15-20 grinding), so I've been trying to take it slow and not get overwhelmed by the seemingly million things everyone should have or have unlocked. :p

I solo'd RDM for a while, then got him to 34 in Gusgen, unlocked SCH, solo'd him until I Gusgen'd him as well, he is 41 now. Then I started doing my rank missions, got to rank 3, now I'm grinding for keys so I can get my RSE as well as catch up in skill ups I missed during Gusgen grinding. LS member p-leveled my RDM to 50 along the way too, and helped me to limit break for 50-55.

Where did you power level through ?

B.K.

Have they added any new two hour abilities yet?

Edit: I was going to so some weapon skill quests, but all my skills are too low. What's a good place to skill up?

Midou

Where did you power level through ?

Quick Sand Caves.

Anyways, got all my keys prepared for RSE, only need Norg for 'Researchers from the West' quest, then I can do 'Middle Lands Investigation' grab Konschtat Highlands (for quick Gusgen) as well as other way points, and travel will be a lot less of a chore..

And sorry to Bilix/Chocobro for bailing, your Dota match took too long :p

I was afraid to leave Kazham though, the zone outside looks complicated on the map, and FOR SOME REASON THEY ONLY SELL MAPS IN JEUNO. What kind of town doesn't sell it's own maps. :(

Would have stayed on longer but been playing too much trying to get all this stuff done for RSE am way burned out, though it might not be so worth it now, I'm sure the armour will come in handy for levelling other classes in the future. Plus I'm poor and can't kill anything my level solo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom