• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XI 2013 Seekers of Adoulin |OT| Go West, Young Adventurer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeana

Hey guys, I'm going to be returning to FFXI fairly soon (in about two weeks or so) and I had a quick question for you all.

I see that the main server that you all are playing on is Sylph, correct? How active is the LS that you guys have? I'm originally from Bahamut but if you guys are active and doing stuff I'll gladly world transfer over. The LS I was apart of in the latter has pretty much disbanded, so if I was going to start over, I figured I might as well do it with you guys.

For reference, I have a 99 RDM, PLD, and SAM but I'm planning on maining RUN. I do plan on getting these classes equally geared and ready to go though, since I like playing all of them (except I haven't tried RUN, haha). I'm a fairly newschool player who started at the tail end of Abyssea, but before VW and since I made the poor choice of not really digging classes that people desired (like whm, war, blk, sch, etc.) , I wasn't really able to get in on too many parties and get all geared up. Hopefully, I'll be able to change that with you all.

Sorry I rambled a lot, but I just wanna make sure that I'll have a home with you guys; I absolutely adore this game and just want to enjoy it with people.

The LS is pretty active now. Lots of people on it all the time.

Hey guys, I'm going to be returning to FFXI fairly soon (in about two weeks or so) and I had a quick question for you all.

I see that the main server that you all are playing on is Sylph, correct? How active is the LS that you guys have? I'm originally from Bahamut but if you guys are active and doing stuff I'll gladly world transfer over. The LS I was apart of in the latter has pretty much disbanded, so if I was going to start over, I figured I might as well do it with you guys.

For reference, I have a 99 RDM, PLD, and SAM but I'm planning on maining RUN. I do plan on getting these classes equally geared and ready to go though, since I like playing all of them (except I haven't tried RUN, haha). I'm a fairly newschool player who started at the tail end of Abyssea, but before VW and since I made the poor choice of not really digging classes that people desired (like whm, war, blk, sch, etc.) , I wasn't really able to get in on too many parties and get all geared up. Hopefully, I'll be able to change that with you all.

Sorry I rambled a lot, but I just wanna make sure that I'll have a home with you guys; I absolutely adore this game and just want to enjoy it with people.

IHOP is mainly a social, so you're 100% welcome to join. I run abyssea events on Tuesday nights and job selection isn't very strict as we generally have people to cover procs. So at least for the scope of Tuesday runs for the time being, your jobs are not an issue.

DigitalVeil

Neo Member
The LS is pretty active now. Lots of people on it all the time.

IHOP is mainly a social, so you're 100% welcome to join. I run abyssea events on Tuesday nights and job selection isn't very strict as we generally have people to cover procs. So at least for the scope of Tuesday runs for the time being, your jobs are not an issue.

Thanks for the responses, you two!

Just for a little clarification, I plan on contributing on the jobs that I chose to the best of my ability, meaning that I don't intend to intentionally gimp myself or anything like that. I'll get them geared and skilled enough to play at endgame (well, minus lolrdm; that class won't be invited to much anytime soon). Rest assured, I've done/am doing some research so that even if the class I picked isn't optimal, I can work towards playing it as optimally as I can.

Loona

I'll just level up the jobs to 75.

Still stuck at the magicite mission.

I don't think anything will even aggros you at 75 while doing Magicite - it's mostly legwork and a glimpse at stuff the dev team put in the game that back then they only expected players to see once.

B.K.

How often do Colonization Reives happen? I'm at the camp south of I-8 in Ceizak waiting for one so I can get the Logging KI.

Loona

How often do Colonization Reives happen? I'm at the camp south of I-8 in Ceizak waiting for one so I can get the Logging KI.

They renew an hour after being taken down, and nowadays there are messages stating when new ones pop up, just keep an eye on those, or follow big groups around.

B.K.

That didn't go very well. I joined in a Reive and didn't last long. I don't know if I hit an enemy even once.

B.K.

I need to pay more attention to the wiki. I started doing Scaredy Cats for the Reive Unity and didn't even notice that there's a battle at the end of the mission. I assume it's too powerful to solo?

isual

I don't think anything will even aggros you at 75 while doing Magicite - it's mostly legwork and a glimpse at stuff the dev team put in the game that back then they only expected players to see once.

up to what rank can i solo to 75 ?

B.K.

A bunch of us are going to have to get together one day and go to the sky and farm Elements for clusters for Adoulin warps.

Loona

up to what rank can i solo to 75 ?

4 or 5, I guess - the last rank 5 mission used to be capped at level 50, which was changed a few years ago, but success on that kinda depends on the job - it's a capting skeleton, so blunt damage works well there if you can dish it out quickly enough for its nukes and clones not to overwhelm you.

Aeana

I am so excited now. I finally got access to the sky, which is something that I always wanted back when I used to play. It was just so hard to get people together to do missions back then. I've managed to do all of Zilart solo so far. I've killed two of the Ark Angels, about to do the others. I'm just soaking up the atmosphere of Ru'Aun Gardens and enjoying it all quite a bit.

A bunch of us are going to have to get together one day and go to the sky and farm Elements for clusters for Adoulin warps.

I guess it's worth noting that dark crystals are worth a lot more than the others.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Must be nice bein high level characters having all that fun and stuff

;-;

crackbaby why did you leave me all alooooone?

Seigyoku

I am so excited now. I finally got access to the sky, which is something that I always wanted back when I used to play. It was just so hard to get people together to do missions back then. I've managed to do all of Zilart solo so far. I've killed two of the Ark Angels, about to do the others. I'm just soaking up the atmosphere of Ru'Aun Gardens and enjoying it all quite a bit.

I guess it's worth noting that dark crystals are worth a lot more than the others.

But but but DIVINE MIGHT?!

Jayhawk

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I'm very close to farming up all the currency needed for the 75 Ragnarok. Even with the new weapons that came out last week, I have decided to finish off the Ragnarok and get it to 95 ASAP and 99 once I get more gil. Hopefully, I will not regret this decision. The journey towards getting this relic from all the Dynamis farming would make selling all the currency I have feel weird, especially if I don't buy anything memorable with the gil I would make.

isual

welp, i just got passed the first moogle limit break, and am just about to get the second one which makes me go up to 85.

How far in rank missions can I go with that ?

Also, is it hard to get to adoulin ? It's been a month now since progress

DigitalVeil

Neo Member
As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I'm very close to farming up all the currency needed for the 75 Ragnarok. Even with the new weapons that came out last week, I have decided to finish off the Ragnarok and get it to 95 ASAP and 99 once I get more gil. Hopefully, I will not regret this decision. The journey towards getting this relic from all the Dynamis farming would make selling all the currency I have feel weird, especially if I don't buy anything memorable with the gil I would make.

I'd say that making a Rag is still a very good choice. It's going to take some time for the Delve weapons to really set in and become the norm for end game, and having the next (distant?) best weapon before working on getting one is nothing to sneeze at.

Factor that in with whatever the devs have in mind to keep R/M/E weapons competitive with the new stuff, and it'll be worth it in the end. Admittedly, they're going to require something creative in order to substantially buff the R/M/E weapons in a way that isn't lazy though, so your mileage may vary with how much trust you have in the dev team.

Aeana

Finished Zilart, yaaay. I didn't manage to solo the last fight, even though I should've been able to, because I kept making dumb mistakes. Pancakes joined me on SCH and it was a breeze. A full decade after I bought the JP release of Zilart, I finally finished it. Feels good.

Finished Zilart, yaaay. I didn't manage to solo the last fight, even though I should've been able to, because I kept making dumb mistakes. Pancakes joined me on SCH and it was a breeze. A full decade after I bought the JP release of Zilart, I finally finished it. Feels good.

Congrats! I still need to finish WotG myself.

Bladenic

Ughhhhh this thread makes me wanna play again so badly. Would love to finish my WHM and then play as Summoner or the new jobs. Any word on them yet?

Although FF14 is coming out this year and I'll probably pick that up, so idk if getting back into this game would be a good idea.

Loona

welp, i just got passed the first moogle limit break, and am just about to get the second one which makes me go up to 85.

How far in rank missions can I go with that ?

Hard to say - on monk with a merit into Formless Strikes maybe you can handle Shadow Lord's switch between physical and magical invulnerability.

Also, is it hard to get to adoulin ? It's been a month now since progress

Getting to Adoulin isn't hard (some sneak/invis for the Geomanetron part helps), but to do anything in there other than unlock the new jobs and the odd quest that doesn't even require leaving town, it's all level 99 content.

isual

Hard to say - on monk with a merit into Formless Strikes maybe you can handle Shadow Lord's switch between physical and magical invulnerability.

Getting to Adoulin isn't hard (some sneak/invis for the Geomanetron part helps), but to do anything in there other than unlock the new jobs and the odd quest that doesn't even require leaving town, it's all level 99 content.

oh. right now my main is a samurai; I used that to beat maat

B.K.

We're all going to have to get together one night and kill some Delve NMs and get the Delve weapons.

If any of you bought Adoulin via the SE store, you may want to make some backups. I'm not sure if they are using DigitalRiver for the delivery, but the folks who bought FFVII are apparently having a bit of trouble with their game not being redownloadable after 30 days.

I would imagine this also applies to other digital purchases. So if you did buy it from there, please back up your installation files!

isual

I'm getting to the point where I'm almost getting bored with the game, and after my sub ends by next month, I'll end it.

Only things I've done in game

level 75 war, dnc, mnk and sam

rank 4 sandoria (still stuck at magicite)

what to do ?

Seigyoku

I'm getting to the point where I'm almost getting bored with the game, and after my sub ends by next month, I'll end it.

what to do ?

Magicite is completely soloable. Especially at 75. Not sure what is making you stuck. And as for what to do, get AF? Do more storylines? Quests quests quests?

Goodness knows this game has plenty to do at all levels.

Loona

what to do ?

At 75 you could probably knock a few Chains of Promathia missions out of the way to get a glimpse of Tavnazia and its lovely outdoors music in the very least.
Levelling is a means to that sort of end to me, at least.

Magicite really shouldn't be an issue at 75, and going 75 sam/dnc should let you do a lot of things just from the survivability you get from Meditate and /dnc TP-powered cures.

ferr

Nice to see they let you solo limit break quests now. That's why I quit playing long ago. I remember trying to get a pt for a couple of weeks, and any time I actually got one, nothing dropped. (Not fun.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom