• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XI 2013 Seekers of Adoulin |OT| Go West, Young Adventurer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigitalVeil

Neo Member
Gonna hop on once maintenance is over in the next hour or so. Updating took longer than expected but I should have known better with PlayOnline. Had to grab windower 4 and all the nice bells and whistles that has as well. Looking forward to seeing you guys in game.

creid

Come get your mog satchels!

As of May 13, 2013, players using the Square Enix Software Token (Software Token) will also receive the Mog Satchel.

Registering a Software Token to your Square Enix account will allow both existing and newly created characters on that account to receive the Mog Satchel. Players who already have a Software Token registered will receive the Mog Satchel immediately.

However, please note that an account will not be eligible to receive the Mog Satchel if a Software Token was initially registered to it but is currently removed. In such a case, please register another Software Token to receive the Mog Satchel. In addition, characters who have already received the Mog Satchel on a Square Enix account that has a Square Enix Security Token (Security Token) registered to it will be able to continue using the item even after the Software Token is removed.

*The specs for the Mog Satchel are the same for the Security Token and Software Token. Removing the Security Token and registering a Software Token in its place will not enable the use of multiple Mog Satchels and the number of storable items will not increase either.

Got my RSE last night, went smoothly for the most part. I re-learned the lesson that I really can't go anywhere without sneak & invis.

Midou

There are plenty in BC.

Interesting. Is that recent? Been through every province save for Newfoundland and Labrador and spent a week in Vancouver but never saw any.

Also I only figured out I had a mog satchel like a week ago, only cause I had a security token from my FFXIV CE on my SE account..

Loona

What is a software token?

Something that generates a code that's different everytime you use it, used along with your password when you log in to make it harder for anyone to access your account - some years ago SE made available something of the sort in hardware form, about the size of a keyring (associated with expanded inventory space to sweeten the deal), but it's now also available in software-only format. Other games use something similar you can install on your cellphone, for example.

B.K.

I wish they had security token software for PC. I'm always paranoid that I'll try to log in and my token's battery will be dead.

Midou

Can you still somehow skip or cancel a mission if you have taken it?

I took The Crystal Spring but it's been kind of a pain in the ass to find any way of doing it, I read Minnow lures are best but I went to Windurst shop and they are sold out, the AH has only a couple and overpriced. It says I can skip the mission with enough rank points, is it too late if I've taken it?

Seigyoku

Heads up IHOP folks, Empy Tuesdays is doing something different tomorrow - Aby Boss clears.

If you are far enough along that these will be useful to you - GO GET FLUXES TODAY. That means, go into each zone, and get to whatever flux is close to the boss pop. Poke Pan about which bosses we are actually gonna do though. I have no clue what's going on in his head.

Leunam

Oh crap, that's something I definitely need to do. Thanks for the heads up. Are they planning on maybe getting the Atma's as well?

Loona

I took The Crystal Spring but it's been kind of a pain in the ass to find any way of doing it, I read Minnow lures are best but I went to Windurst shop and they are sold out, the AH has only a couple and overpriced. It says I can skip the mission with enough rank points, is it too late if I've taken it?

AFAIK you can't cancel missions, but it should be possible to simply buy the fish.
I made it a point to fish mine and it took only a few tries, but since it's possible with many lure types you don't have to go with the most expensive one. something cheaper should allow you to at least get some fishing skill-ups in the process.

Loona

Incoming Mog Bonanza again - start clearing them 10 inventory slots from May 16th to June 20th.

I was actually expecting something related to that new Exp ring found in the .DATs to be announced first, but hey, I can still wait for that to start levelling my RUN and GEO.

All boss kills will be for win, atma, and full drops (for the regulars).

Will be starting with Bennu, Resheph, Amphritrite, and Itzpapolotl. We'll see what else we have time for / pops for after that, possibly Yaanei because annoying mountain.

As stated earlier, if you want to join us, make sure you have fluxes done in ALL zones, sometimes things will be decided spontaneously, and this is just a couple hours (tops) of easy prep work you can do on your own.

Incoming Mog Bonanza again - start clearing them 10 inventory slots from May 16th to June 20th.

I was actually expecting something related to that new Exp ring found in the .DATs to be announced first, but hey, I can still wait for that to start levelling my RUN and GEO.

The xp rings are given out yearly and won't have any kind of special announcement. They are always part of the adventurer's appreciation event.

Seigyoku

As stated earlier, if you want to join us, make sure you have fluxes done in ALL zones, sometimes things will be decided spontaneously, and this is just a couple hours (tops) of easy prep work you can do on your own.

However, because I like to not play up my hypocrisy, no one is gonna kill you for not having flux 3 in Ule. Cause Altana knows, I sure don't.

^#$&*@&$#$ slide down mountain.

However, because I like to not play up my hypocrisy, no one is gonna kill you for not having flux 3 in Ule. Cause Altana knows, I sure don't.

Fuck flux 3.

Get the ones close to the boss pops I mentioned at the very least. All of the information is available on the various wiki's.

Seigyoku

Minnows are the bait of choice for Liks (one of the fish used to get an Ebisu) and Haks (money fish). It used to be that only fishing crazy servers like Odin had minnow issues, but since the blinker nerf, minnows are hard to come by on any server. You need to be at the guild shop when it opens and hope no one is there botting them. Actually you'll have better luck getting them on the shops on the boats, since people forget about them or find them too much of a pain.

And there is the "ask and see if someone can fish it for you" approach!

isual

Ok. I'm trying to get a crafting skill to 100. What's a skill I can level up to 100 by just buying materials. I've got 1.3k mil gil to spend

Aeana

Fuck flux 3.

Get the ones close to the boss pops I mentioned at the very least. All of the information is available on the various wiki's.

Well, that wasn't so hard.

519166eea068d6703602c5c0.jpg

Ok. I'm trying to get a crafting skill to 100. What's a skill I can level up to 100 by just buying materials. I've got 1.3k mil gil to spend

Nothing. You will not be able to get any crafts to 100 without significantly more investment than that. High level mats will come from HNM and the like, so you will need to play the auction house.

I'm assuming you meant 1.3 mil. not 1.3 billion.

isual

Nothing. You will not be able to get any crafts to 100 without significantly more investment than that. High level mats will come from HNM and the like, so you will need to play the auction house.

I'm assuming you meant 1.3 mil. not 1.3 billion.

1.3 mil

so...how much ? give me a ballpark number

Midou

lol I had just broken 100k gil after selling some of my early crafts, then bought some spells I could not afford before as well as some equips, still got 5 digit money at least. :p

I was mostly busy today but I will try to catch my fish tomorrow, if it ends up in miserable failure I'll try to get some help.

DigitalVeil

Neo Member
Quick question, I'm going to be working until 9 PM EST tomorrow so I probably won't be around for the start of Aby night. I already have the clears there, so I'd just be coming to help out for the first part, but can I get in on the rest of the stuff going on that night as well when I get back?

Kandinsky

Mog Satchel is now available for software token people:

http://www.square-enix.com/na/account/otp/token.html
Awesome, finally more inventory!
Heads up IHOP folks, Empy Tuesdays is doing something different tomorrow - Aby Boss clears.
Really cool you guys doing this, everyone on Sylph that needs them should jump on that no matter what!, I might have a couple of pop sets, will check.
Well, that wasn't so hard.
519166eea068d6703602c5c0.jpg
/kneel
1.3 mil

so...how much ? give me a ballpark number
Dunno, maybe around 30-40m?, really depends on craft tbh.

Midou

I was reading the crafting wiki before but I am somewhat confused. So it says you can only take crafts normally to 70 correct? Can you take them all to 70 or are you limited to a certain amount?

What happens when you go past 70? It says something about distributing 40 points to other crafts at 70 but how does that work? Do you just get 40 points then you can push another 70 craft to 110? Cause that does not sound right...

Deband

Something that generates a code that's different everytime you use it, used along with your password when you log in to make it harder for anyone to access your account - some years ago SE made available something of the sort in hardware form, about the size of a keyring (associated with expanded inventory space to sweeten the deal), but it's now also available in software-only format. Other games use something similar you can install on your cellphone, for example.

Ok, thanks for the explanation. I have a security token so I know what that is :)

Jayhawk

I was reading the crafting wiki before but I am somewhat confused. So it says you can only take crafts normally to 70 correct? Can you take them all to 70 or are you limited to a certain amount?

What happens when you go past 70? It says something about distributing 40 points to other crafts at 70 but how does that work? Do you just get 40 points then you can push another 70 craft to 110? Cause that does not sound right...

All crafts can be taken to 70. After that, you are limited to 40 levels above 70, distributed among all crafts. So you can decide to take one craft to 110 and leave the rest at 70. If it's beneficial to hit a higher tier for HQ synths, you may decide to take one craft to like 105 and another to 75.

Midou

All crafts can be taken to 70. After that, you are limited to 40 levels above 70, distributed among all crafts. So you can decide to take one craft to 110 and leave the rest at 70. If it's beneficial to hit a higher tier for HQ synths, you may decide to take one craft to like 105 and another to 75.

Ah cool thanks for the clarification.

I was going to try out some Crawler's Nest parties soon, is there anything I should know? Is there a certain area that parties gather around, should I bother with the map? What page is it?

creid

I was going to try out some Crawler's Nest parties soon, is there anything I should know? Is there a certain area that parties gather around, should I bother with the map? What page is it?
The map is the reward for a long quest. You need to go to 15 different spots in the world to trade an item, and then stop back in Selbina after each one. You shouldn't need the map to get started, just don't wander around once the paths start branching (like I did :p)

Loona

The map is the reward for a long quest. You need to go to 15 different spots in the world to trade an item, and then stop back in Selbina after each one. You shouldn't need the map to get started, just don't wander around once the paths start branching (like I did :p)

The lore bits you get while doing that quest and the work into spreading them around is among my favorite things in the game, a real good example of the work put into the game's story and geography: http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/The_Collective_Annals_of_Gwynham_and_Enid_Ironheart

Aeana

Quick question, I'm going to be working until 9 PM EST tomorrow so I probably won't be around for the start of Aby night. I already have the clears there, so I'd just be coming to help out for the first part, but can I get in on the rest of the stuff going on that night as well when I get back?
You can join whenever as long as we're still going.

Leunam

So I've got my DRK at 95 and my PLD at 63. Trying to decide on which one I should focus on in terms of getting geared and upgrading Empyrean armor. Does anyone have a lot of experience with either?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom