• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XI 2013 Seekers of Adoulin |OT| Go West, Young Adventurer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigitalVeil

Neo Member
Quick Sand Caves.
I was afraid to leave Kazham though, the zone outside looks complicated on the map, and FOR SOME REASON THEY ONLY SELL MAPS IN JEUNO. What kind of town doesn't sell it's own maps. :(

Don't worry, you'll still get lost; even with the maps in hand. A few areas in that region are absolutely batshit confusing for a while for practically everyone.

B.K.

I was afraid to leave Kazham though, the zone outside looks complicated on the map, and FOR SOME REASON THEY ONLY SELL MAPS IN JEUNO. What kind of town doesn't sell it's own maps. :(

Yuhtunga Jungle is one of the worst zones in the game.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
jIfPYHD.jpg
The Gusgen Mines Experience

Tomat

It actually isn't, or wasn't this time. Getting a group only took about 20 minutes. Been in it for a few hours now.

Midou

The Gusgen Mines Experience

Yep, and what's nice is, if you go a lot, you will start to see a lot of the same people, like even Metalwolf from your pic, I've seen in there twice.

There was this guy with a character name 'Chatos' once, who pulled mushroom enemies and in the chaos of the chat logs tried to cast lot on every single crystal, he then did it again while we were all sitting around healing, and that time we just kicked him. If you see his stupid face, tell your party to not invite him. :D

Also you may consider (if you have Windower4) to get the Battlelogs add-on, it makes the log look so much clear, with colour coating and arrows as well as each party member having a different coloured name.

As we were talking about Gundam in LS chat for a bit, it reminded me of this FFXI cross over: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6eEgBN5PCg

Edit number a million: got to Norg and picked up way point. Used this map to get to the grotto.

I got a bit lost around H-10, when it goes from east to south, but I ran around a bit until I found it, and I was not 100% sure which of the two holes to fall in as they are pretty close and this map is small, but I picked correctly.

Edit number a million + 1: So I got Konschtat Highlands as a warp, and explored Gusgen mines a bit, is anyone familiar exactly in what room or area the chests may spawn? The treasure maps show Map 1 and Map 2.

I found one chest while looking for them on Map 2 a few feet south of the hole you fall down marked 'Drop J' and this isn't even on the treasure map. The large room that has the D/E/F exits at the north of it did not appear to have any. How many spawn at once?

Tomat

Yep, and what's nice is, if you go a lot, you will start to see a lot of the same people, like even Metalwolf from your pic, I've seen in there twice.

There was this guy with a character name 'Chatos' once, who pulled mushroom enemies and in the chaos of the chat logs tried to cast lot on every single crystal, he then did it again while we were all sitting around healing, and that time we just kicked him. If you see his stupid face, tell your party to not invite him. :D

Also you may consider (if you have Windower4) to get the Battlelogs add-on, it makes the log look so much clear, with colour coating and arrows as well as each party member having a different coloured name.
Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a go.
Needs more subligar closeups.
On a Tarutaru?

---
Next goals are getting a chocobo license, finishing the subjob quest, and then figuring out where I need to level next.

Switched allegiance to Bastok last night too. No more Windurst for me right now.

Toth

Say no to subligars, the bane of FFXI existence.

As for the mines, I had no problems getting a party for my GEO and RUN there. If parties are full, let them know you are interested and then head outside and kill a few worms. With an exp ring, you can get some excellent EXP in a short while. Plus you can skill up your weapons so you will do max damage in the book burns.

Toth

Just finished my 15-35 Gusgen Mines experience for the first time. It's... faster than 15-30(5) used to be, at least. Interesting people, there.

Sure beats the 'fun' of Valkrum and Qufim, that's for sure. Those were the days.... ><

Loona

Switched allegiance to Bastok last night too. No more Windurst for me right now.

While I'm all for Bastok supremacy, doing Windurst nation missions helps to make access to inner parts of Horutoto ruins easier once you get help with the Three Mage Gate...

Midou

I remember the good 'ol days of waiting for two hours for a party in Valkrum a few years back.

D:

Wait for 2 hours, party for half an hour, WHM leaves, party disbands, fun stuff.

Gusgen parties feel like you're trivializing the game, but it at least gets you to good content faster.

Tomat

Just finished my 15-35 Gusgen Mines experience for the first time. It's... faster than 15-30(5) used to be, at least. Interesting people, there.
I have no clue what the old FFXI leveling experience was like. It didn't take long to get from 18-29 though and it was pretty fun to be in a group that large, even if it was just grinding.

BOOOOOOOOOOOO
While I'm all for Bastok supremacy, doing Windurst nation missions helps to make access to inner parts of Horutoto ruins easier once you get help with the Three Mage Gate...
Hey nothing against Windurst, but since my buddy and I ran to Bastok and set it to our home location, I haven't been able to get my signet back :p

Also after some recent discussion in the linkshell, it sounds like there are either no IHOPs in Canada, or very few of them. Our linkshell is a sham.

Aeana

I have no clue what the old FFXI leveling experience was like. It didn't take long to get from 18-29 though and it was pretty fun to be in a group that large, even if it was just grinding.

Hey nothing against Windurst, but since my buddy and I ran to Bastok and set it to our home location, I haven't been able to get my signet back :p

Also after some recent discussion in the linkshell, it sounds like there are either no IHOPs in Canada, or very few of them. Our linkshell is a sham.

There's a Windurst embassy in Metalworks where you can get signet. :\

Tomat

The learning continues. Oh well, at least Bastok was in third place when I switched so it was the cheapest allegiance change possible.

Toth

Sorry Aeana, I missed that question.

I am already in another LS that requires my stabilizing influence >< But perhaps I should ask Pancake for a pearl so I can say hi to everyone.

Aeana

I am already in another LS that requires my stabilizing influence >< But perhaps I should ask Pancake for a pearl so I can say hi to everyone.

The beauty of the LS system is that you can switch all the time!

Ever since I came back from that gamersgate sale I've been just running around solo not doing much. I might just have to ask for a gaf pearl when I have time again next week.

Darryl

Banned
i wanna jump in with you guys but re-activation, a server transfer, and the expansion pack would run me almost $70! ~;;~ i may start up a fresh account with just abyssea access to start, but i dunno if i wanna go through all of that Crawlers Nest fun again

DigitalVeil

Neo Member
Switched allegiance to Bastok last night too. No more Windwurst for me right now.

You made the right choice.

Also, anyone else keeping up with the Delve and R/M/E debacle? Looks like Matsui caved in rather easily and is planning on buffing the R/M/E weapons in addition to allowing Empyrean WS to be obtained via 99 WoE weapons. Good on you Matsui; WoE is finally made relevant.

Plus, hopefully these new buffs will make Murgleis a decent weapon!
Don't judge me :(

Also, anyone else keeping up with the Delve and R/M/E debacle? Looks like Matsui caved in rather easily and is planning on buffing the R/M/E weapons in addition to allowing Empyrean WS to be obtained via 99 WoE weapons. Good on you Matsui; WoE is finally made relevant.
haha I think the exact words I used when I mentioned this to my work colleague was '...the developers caved pretty fast...'

Midou

Man I know RSE gear isn't supposed to be that super great, but I spent a long time preparing what I need to be able to grab it was fast as possible, my time starts at 10:30PM EST tonight, if I can't find the chests or anything like that, I am going to be devastated ._.

Man I know RSE gear isn't supposed to be that super great, but I spent a long time preparing what I need to be able to grab it was fast as possible, my time starts at 10:30PM EST tonight, if I can't find the chests or anything like that, I am going to be devastated ._.

Good luck!

Kitsy is in IHOP too, come annoy her :p

Ever since I came back from that gamersgate sale I've been just running around solo not doing much. I might just have to ask for a gaf pearl when I have time again next week.

Yes you should. It's a completely different game when you have other people to play with.

i wanna jump in with you guys but re-activation, a server transfer, and the expansion pack would run me almost $70! ~;;~ i may start up a fresh account with just abyssea access to start, but i dunno if i wanna go through all of that Crawlers Nest fun again

You could always transfer without buying the expansion right away. Think of it this way, would it take you more than 7 months to get back what you're losing by not transferring? If so, there's your 70$.

Midou

Way I play MMOs is always weird, I will put in like 100 hours to work towards one specific goal, like in GW2 when I was going for 100% world completion (but never one like hit max level), but typically when I accomplish a goal the satisfaction doesn't feel worth it. In this case though, it would get me an armor all my future classes can use after chocobo gear and before artifact and whatnot, so I think this one should be worth it. :p

isual

Way I play MMOs is always weird, I will put in like 100 hours to work towards one specific goal, like in GW2 when I was going for 100% world completion (but never one like hit max level), but typically when I accomplish a goal the satisfaction doesn't feel worth it. In this case though, it would get me an armor all my future classes can use after chocobo gear and before artifact and whatnot, so I think this one should be worth it. :p

It does take a while (as in any mmorpg or rpg) to get a feel for it.

Every time I start levelling a new job (working on PLD), it's feels like a semi new game.

Still stuck, or rather, lazy at magicite still.

I got smn from 36 to 93 in like three days. But I hate being so useless without a shitton of -perp gear :(

I should lvl bst to solo the missions (even tho smn is so much cooler)

Tomat

Got my subjob + chocobo license yesterday and made it from 29 to 31 in a tiny Gusgen group. Thinking about what job Im going to pick now. I was dead set on Dark Knight for a little while, but I'm back to looking at a bunch of jobs thinking "Oh that looks cool." Currently looking at DRK, RNG, SAM, and SCH.

Loona

Just returned from my 1st crack at Veil Delve to farm plasm - I'm glad I did Dynamis years ago, the dynamics were quite similar.

Midou

Got my subjob + chocobo license yesterday and made it from 29 to 31 in a tiny Gusgen group. Thinking about what job Im going to pick now. I was dead set on Dark Knight for a little while, but I'm back to looking at a bunch of jobs thinking "Oh that looks cool." Currently looking at DRK, RNG, SAM, and SCH.

Yeah I was set on my sub before but after reading up on SCH went with that. I was set on RDM for their sweet sweet looking gear though. May need sneak/invisible to reach some extra job zones, or be gutsy about it, I'd be willing to help if I can go on at the time, SCH one at least you can't really chocobo to.

Tomat

Got the DRK job and hit 10 on it, subjob'd WAR. Good enough for today. Killing 100 enemies took way too long.

Midou

RSE complete. Nice to know I can go from chocobo gear to it on future characters too. A heads up for anyone looking at the gusgen treasure maps, this one is fairly outdated, I found some on the two open eastern sides that don't show any treasure chests.

DigitalVeil

Neo Member
RSE complete. Nice to know I can go from chocobo gear to it on future characters too. A heads up for anyone looking at the gusgen treasure maps, this one is fairly outdated, I found some on the two open eastern sides that don't show any treasure chests.

In the future, you can use this: http://www.ffxi-atlas.com/maps/gusgen_mines/general/ site for things like that. It has the two chests you were talking about, for example.

Midou

How do you get the RSE equipment? Is it through quests?

Yeah it's one quest, this one, need 3 jeuno rep so I did this quest and bought 48 stacks of corn from sandy.. it's not so bad actually cause I got 120 gil for each trade of 3 corn from the quest, and 3 corn cost me 147 gil, so the cost is actually pretty minimal. You only actually need rep 3, which would be 24 stacks, but I didn't want to go all the way to Jeuno to check my rep so I did overkill. :p

I used this timer to find out (bottom left, show more lines) when Male Taru time would be, went to the dungeon ahead of time and farmed keys, can mail them to yourself with NPC next to auction house so you can have all 4 sitting in your delivery box. I did Researchers from the West and enough of Middle Lands Investigation to warp to Konschtat and get to Gusgen mines quickly. So my process was get warp to Konschatat from Ra'lude gardens with key and instant warp in inventory, walk to Gusgen, go north all the way until I enter the treasure area, find chest, trade key, warp out (can take book out of if you forget it but I wanted to save time), trade magical pattern (guaranteed to get from chest if you have quest active) to Guttrix, he lets you pick one of 4 feet/legs/arms/body armor, then I went back to Ra'lude gardens(with new key picked up), warped to Konschtat and did the whole thing over.

I basically prepared all week just to be able to do it quickly, I'm sure some stuff I did was probably not most efficient, but still, happy I was able to get it.

In the future, you can use this: http://www.ffxi-atlas.com/maps/gusgen_mines/general/ site for things like that. It has the two chests you were talking about, for example.

Every day I discover some other super useful FFXI site, I wish more info between them would overlap. Though at this time, clicking on treasure causes an error on the page for me.

Edit: Wow, fuck. I went to get La Theine's warp point, and I went all the way through Ordelle, twisting and turning all over the place, I notice a level like 32 Water Elemental next to the exit that has the warp point and I go to fight it, but then some Bombast monster was there I didn't notice among all the completely identical bombs that killed me, now I gotta go through that whole thing again, why can't warp points be like the Konschtat one, where you just go to a point on the map, going through the entire dungeon is a pain in the ass v_v

hgplayer1

Yeah it's one quest, this one, need 3 jeuno rep so I did this quest and bought 48 stacks of corn from sandy.. it's not so bad actually cause I got 120 gil for each trade of 3 corn from the quest, and 3 corn cost me 147 gil, so the cost is actually pretty minimal. You only actually need rep 3, which would be 24 stacks, but I didn't want to go all the way to Jeuno to check my rep so I did overkill. :p

I used this timer to find out (bottom left, show more lines) when Male Taru time would be, went to the dungeon ahead of time and farmed keys, can mail them to yourself with NPC next to auction house so you can have all 4 sitting in your delivery box. I did Researchers from the West and enough of Middle Lands Investigation to warp to Konschtat and get to Gusgen mines quickly. So my process was get warp to Konschatat from Ra'lude gardens with key and instant warp in inventory, walk to Gusgen, go north all the way until I enter the treasure area, find chest, trade key, warp out (can take book out of if you forget it but I wanted to save time), trade magical pattern (guaranteed to get from chest if you have quest active) to Guttrix, he lets you pick one of 4 feet/legs/arms/body armor, then I went back to Ra'lude gardens(with new key picked up), warped to Konschtat and did the whole thing over.

I basically prepared all week just to be able to do it quickly, I'm sure some stuff I did was probably not most efficient, but still, happy I was able to get it.

Every day I discover some other super useful FFXI site, I wish more info between them would overlap. Though at this time, clicking on treasure causes an error on the page for me.

Edit: Wow, fuck. I went to get La Theine's warp point, and I went all the way through Ordelle, twisting and turning all over the place, I notice a level like 32 Water Elemental next to the exit that has the warp point and I go to fight it, but then some Bombast monster was there I didn't notice among all the completely identical bombs that killed me, now I gotta go through that whole thing again, why can't warp points be like the Konschtat one, where you just go to a point on the map, going through the entire dungeon is a pain in the ass v_v

Which warp point in LaTheine are you talking about? They only two I ever use are the telepoint at the crag and the Abyssea maw.

Midou

Which warp point in LaTheine are you talking about? They only two I ever use are the telepoint at the crag and the Abyssea maw.

From here:

La Theine Plateau
If you have the Voidwatch warp for this location it makes this waypoint go by much quicker. First enter Ordelle's Caves from La Theine Plateau at (F-7). in the first room take the east tunnel through the water. Follow the tunnel around for a while until eventually coming to a very large room filled with goblins and saplings. Take the East Tunnel out of this room at (G-8). The Next room will be filled with Dung Beetles. Take the first southbound tunnel out of this room and go up the stairs. At the top of the stairs you will come to a room with a hole in the floor, from this room take the south tunnel to another room with a hole in the floor which you will want to fall down. After falling head east through the tunnel and up the stairs. At the top of the stairs you will head south at the intersection and follow the tunnel around until you come to an intersection. Take the west tunnel and exit at (G-10). The Geomagnetic Fount is near the exit at (H-10) Run to the bottom of the hill and it's on a ledge on your RH side

I was there two days ago too. In my case i was farming those bombs for the sword they can drop, which I can trade to a NPC in Jeuno for the Castle Vahzl map. I was getting so much drops of everything (clusters, slime oil, malboro vines, pendants, etc) that I decided to stay there even when I already had the sword, so I got another one. I was going to sell it (40k in the AH in my server), but at the end I gave it to my friend so he could also have the map.
I even fought Morbolger whithout realising it was him until I saw he was dying very slowly lol. Back when I played this game before (2004-2006), that NM was overcamped, so it was weird to me being alone there).

I still don't have the waypoint in Rabao (btw, thanks for the Yuhtunga jungle route map. I used that yestarday to get to Norg :p), so I could't get the geomantic field (or whatever is named), but I'll be back. So many clusters waiting in Ordelle... <3

DigitalVeil

Neo Member
Welp, it is finally done. Reactivating my account/server transferring/updating SoA as we speak. Probably going to be on either late tonight or tomorrow. Vana'diel, oh how I've missed you so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom