• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XI 2013 Seekers of Adoulin |OT| Go West, Young Adventurer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riposte

Hasn't really gotten off the ground yet. It's like the beginning of TOAU atm, laying groundwork, etc.

I'm really curious how they do difficulty with the cap being so high now. I'm assuming they are not really trying all that hard like ToAU and on, but I wonder where they actually start the content.

I'm really curious how they do difficulty with the cap being so high now. I'm assuming they are not really trying all that hard like ToAU and on, but I wonder where they actually start the content.

They have been giving monsters obscure but easily exploitable mechanics, so that once the community figures things out, it's just a matter of being able to effectively function as a team, and output the right amount of damage in a short amount of time to win.

For example, there is wamoura who has -100% damage taken on pop / claim, but loses bits of it every time he uses exhuviaiton. Now when it first came out, the fight could take upwards of 20 minutes, now it takes less than 5, because people figured out how to exploit this mechanic.

creid

Details on the next 2 updates:

Adventurers best be ready to mark their territory in Monstrosity, as the October update is scheduled to introduce additional areas for monipulators to prowl along with job abilities to prolong their rampages. More mild-mannered adventurers and moogle lovers, however, can enjoy adjustments to the types of items that can be gathered in Mog Gardens and a new storage system termed the "Mog Case." Finally, job and magic accuracy adjustments round out the list of proposed featured improvements.

New areas and Seekers of Adoulin missions scheduled to be added with the November update mean that pioneers will be able to unearth even more of the Ulbukan continent's secrets. Moreover, antsy pugilists will likely be able to indulge in all the carnage they desire with the following additions: new content for individuals as well as small groups; more gruesome versions of existing battlefields; the ability for monipulators and adventurers to square off against each other in Monstrosity; NPCs able to participate in colonization and lair reives; and enhancements to artifact, relic, mythic, and empyrean equipment.

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/10962/detail.html

Couple folks quit so IHOP is a little empty while some of us have events. Tuesdays and Sundays and late evening on other days are the best times to catch people.

Can you have more than one active at a time?

One of each. They get very mp intensive too, so conserve mp gear helps in your casting set. Later spells cost upwards of 400 mp.

GC wrote up a super useful pastebin with "how to geo in delve" which is a good guide to go by if you're wondering what you're expected to do.

http://pastebin.com/H3uEnmp7

I usually see the back line geo using Focus / Languor, and the other using Refresh / Frailty (if running 2 backline) or Frailty / Torpor (if using 1 back 1 front).

The frailty geo will bolster on tojil and once it wears, the 2 geos swap spells so the other geo can bolster. You may also be asked to haste the scholars in your party, sleep nms, and do light nuking on certain mobs, or cast impact.

Here is another useful resource:

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/37254/geo-equipment-thread/

creid

I still haven't cashed in my points from Campaign 3. I haven't started collecting Empyrean stuff at all for my WAR - can I go pick up Empyrean pieces with cruor and improve them to +2 with the Coupon S? Or is that not what it's for? Otherwise I can't decide what is best to spend my points on.

I still haven't cashed in my points from Campaign 3. I haven't started collecting Empyrean stuff at all for my WAR - can I go pick up Empyrean pieces with cruor and improve them to +2 with the Coupon S? Or is that not what it's for? Otherwise I can't decide what is best to spend my points on.

Kupon S will give you a full stack of +1 seals to upgrade the NQ empyrean piece of your choice. It gives a full stack for whatever piece you choose. So 10 body or 8 for the rest.

ZetaEpyon

PRAISE JEBUS

attachment.php

B.K.

I can't believe how cheap Phalanx and Utsuseni: Ni are. I bought both and learned them on my main character and I an extra for my main and mule to sell in a couple weeks when they're expensive again.

Seigyoku

There was a weekend long BCNM event where the monsters in certain BCs had actual drops besides the chest drops. Those scrolls, among other things, were dropping like candy.

AM spells dropped so much we lost some because we had no one to hold them. Raise III was EVERYWHERE.

So so so so so wish we could have done more. And that they had included Army's Paeon V...

isual

I just resubbed and will be logging in everyday until campaign 4 ends.

How exactly can I get empyrean weapons from the log in points ? are these the best gear ? also, is it my server or everywhere, but no one is farming bloodsuckers...

isual

You'll still need to get the base, non-upgraded armor (buy with cruor, from drops, etc, depending on the piece), but you can get the seals to upgrade it to the +1 version from the login campaign.

awesome. thanks for clarifying that.

I remember the armor was worth several thousand due to a campaign a month or so ago, has it returned to the default cruor price now ? also, are all these equipment purchasable via cruor, or do I need to acquire them via a quest.

ZetaEpyon

awesome. thanks for clarifying that.

I remember the armor was worth several thousand due to a campaign a month or so ago, has it returned to the default cruor price now ? also, are all these equipment purchasable via cruor, or do I need to acquire them via a quest.

Head and hands can be purchased with cruor, body is purchased with dominion notes, legs are purchase with resistance credits, and feet are drops in gold chests.

All the info you could want (and more!) here:
http://bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Empyrean_Armor

Loona

shiet. that's a lot of work...

If you only care about body and hand pieces, doing enough Abyssea Altepa exparties, making sure to use the Dominion officer's exp bonuses, you can sometimes get free seals, and the accumulated cruor and dominion notes make the gear easy to afford.

isual

ok. so it's literally dead on my server.no one is at crawlers or boston.

what's the protocol for abyssea parties ? I've got altepa unlocked

B.K.

Got GEO up to about 56 tonight. It sucks that the higher Indi scrolls are so expensive. I'm going to use most of my gil on scrolls.

Loona

ok. so it's literally dead on my server.no one is at crawlers or boston.

what's the protocol for abyssea parties ? I've got altepa unlocked

Partirs are at flux 8, fighting dolls in groups of 5 and checking with the taru dominion npc for the exp bonus.
If your level is low, you're expected to contribute by buying forbidden keys with cruor at an npc by the zone entrance, and use those keys on the chests left behind when mobs die - that requires having a substancial amount of cruour on you, and might be tricky to get an invite if someone's already doing that.
Might want to search the zone for party leaders before entering asking about vacancies.

At levels high enough to fight, don't engage other mob types so the exp isn't broken - if there's (magic) aggro from an elemental, use the Call for Help command, or only attack once its name is yellow.

I rejoined recently, catching up with older content (damn you Eldieme gates) though I should check if the occasional Skirmish shouts could help my monk's gear, now that I have Rigor Baghnaks.
I just really feel the pull of getting old content out of the way, since I love me some lore/quests/cutscenes, so I'm trying to do those by zone release order.

isual

Partirs are at flux 8, fighting dolls in groups of 5 and checking with the taru dominion npc for the exp bonus.
If your level is low, you're expected to contribute by buying forbidden keys with cruor at an npc by the zone entrance, and use those keys on the chests left behind when mobs die - that requires having a substancial amount of cruour on you, and might be tricky to get an invite if someone's already doing that.
Might want to search the zone for party leaders before entering asking about vacancies.

At levels high enough to fight, don't engage other mob types so the exp isn't broken - if there's (magic) aggro from an elemental, use the Call for Help command, or only attack once its name is yellow.

I rejoined recently, catching up with older content (damn you Eldieme gates) though I should check if the occasional Skirmish shouts could help my monk's gear, now that I have Rigor Baghnaks.
I just really feel the pull of getting old content out of the way, since I love me some lore/quests/cutscenes, so I'm trying to do those by zone release order.

thanks. I've got 100k plus from that promo SE gave to people. I bought about 50 keys worth 25k.

Do I wait outside the maw or do I go inside and ask around ?

Loona

thanks. I've got 100k plus from that promo SE gave to people. I bought about 50 keys worth 25k.

Do I wait outside the maw or do I go inside and ask around ?

Might as well check for party leaders in the zone and try asking them before going in.
Some keep an eye on people searching inside the zone if their level is high enough to fight, but it's trickier for key work, since there tends to be some competition for those spots (which doesn't means some groups don't have more than 1 low level working the chests at once).

Got GEO up to about 56 tonight. It sucks that the higher Indi scrolls are so expensive. I'm going to use most of my gil on scrolls.

Don't buy them from the npc. Check the AH or try and get them from skirmish. All the high tier ones (the ones that cost 100k + come from skirmish and can be found cheaply in bazaars or on the AH.

As an example, indi-fade is 700k at the npc, and it's 5k on the AH.

isual

Got my DRK to 70. 5 more levels until 75. Been grinding in boston.

Probably go beastmaster and then summoner or scholar since I got them all to lvl. 13, 13 and 15 respectively.

hgplayer1

In case it wasn't obvious I am done with XI and I think this time it's for good.

My account is still active so if anyone wants gil or my junk let me know in the next week and I will dbox it first chance I get.

Thanks for all the fun times to anyone I played with in the past and special thanks to Pan for all the help.

isual

In case it wasn't obvious I am done with XI and I think this time it's for good.

My account is still active so if anyone wants gil or my junk let me know in the next week and I will dbox it first chance I get.

Thanks for all the fun times to anyone I played with in the past and special thanks to Pan for all the help.

I want your gil and everything else. I'm on bahamut server, isual is my user name ther.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom