• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XI 2013 Seekers of Adoulin |OT| Go West, Young Adventurer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bilix

I've had decent luck with wings. I've already bought 6 pieces worth of gear and I think I have like 3 left over. I would just wait till you get pieces and then use wings to finish the set if needed. I probably won't be rolling on any gear anymore unless no one else is taking it. Just need those stones man! I NEED MY FIX!

Speaking of stones, I'm thinking it's a good idea to sell your +2s and use that money to stock up on NQs/+1s. You'll probably end up with better augments that way unless you get really lucky with the +2. Maybe use the +2 on Otronif or Cizen since any of those augments are pretty good. The other gear has a lot of disappointing things available for you to cry over. Ask Pan about Song Recast Time.

B.K.

Interesting, think a month is enough time if I play 3 hours a day? haha.

A month is more than enough. If you do the right coalition assignments, you could probably get the Bayld set in a week or two. Waiting to get more imprimaturs is the worst part about Bayld gear.

Interesting, think a month is enough time if I play 3 hours a day? haha.

Adoulin is FULL of quests and things to do. You even get rewards for completion. All quests give XP and Bayld in some amount. You can easily make progress on a few hours a day, and then join in on the group activities when you are decked out in some 100-106 gear.

Coalition assignments are like campaign ops. you get 1 tag every 6 hours, and can hold 15 total (effectively more if you keep assignments flagged). You can spend 3 at a time on one quest for better rewards. You get more bayld/xp by doing 1 at a time, but you rank up faster in a particular coalition doing 3 at a time. Ranking up is required to access additional coalition assignments, and to access additional mission content. Once you gain access to a certain mission (this is possibly tied to tag use, or to pioneer coalition rank), you can access campaign style boss fights called wildskeeper reives. Additional rank ups and fame increases reduce the cost of the KI required for entry by up to 50% at the moment.

Kandinsky

A month is more than enough. If you do the right coalition assignments, you could probably get the Bayld set in a week or two. Waiting to get more imprimaturs is the worst part about Bayld gear.

Adoulin is FULL of quests and things to do. You even get rewards for completion. All quests give XP and Bayld in some amount. You can easily make progress on a few hours a day, and then join in on the group activities when you are decked out in some 100-106 gear.

Coalition assignments are like campaign ops. you get 1 tag every 6 hours, and can hold 15 total (effectively more if you keep assignments flagged). You can spend 3 at a time on one quest for better rewards. You get more bayld/xp by doing 1 at a time, but you rank up faster in a particular coalition doing 3 at a time. Ranking up is required to access additional coalition assignments, and to access additional mission content. Once you gain access to a certain mission (this is possibly tied to tag use, or to pioneer coalition rank), you can access campaign style boss fights called wildskeeper reives. Additional rank ups and fame increases reduce the cost of the KI required for entry by up to 50% at the moment.

Oh right, this is Adoulin content, thanks.

B.K.

ANOTHER log in campaign already? Has the second ended yet? I wish they'd do another double xp campaign. I need to level up some low level jobs. No one is ever in Gusgen anymore.

Reveirg

How long does it take to level a first job to level 99 now?

Last time I played was.... 6 years ago, it was a tedious grind.

I lost my level 75 character, would love to play again for the CoP/Treasures/Goddess storylines, but I don't want it to eat to much of my time.

How long does it take to level a first job to level 99 now?

Last time I played was.... 6 years ago, it was a tedious grind.

I lost my level 75 character, would love to play again for the CoP/Treasures/Goddess storylines, but I don't want it to eat to much of my time.

Could take you a couple of weeks a couple of months or a couple of days depending on how heavily you play, and whether or not you remember where to go / how to actually do things in the game.

That said, it's a very VERY different game than it was 6 years ago. Things can still be time consuming, but it's not time consuming in the same way it used to be, endlessly looking for parties etc.

Great axe and great katana

I assume retaliation spam in abyssea for great axe, so you'll probably want acc food for that (use PDT and def/regen atma) until about 320 or so when things slow down considerably. For the GKT you'll be on same so skill up food may be preferable (Use accuracy atma if in abyssea).

Do you need to borrow a nanatsusaya for SAM? It's the pandemonium warden GKT with 100% zanshin proc rate.

Bilix

Divider%202013.png

Player Directory

Since figuring out who is who between the various usernames everyone has can be confusing, I made a handy google doc to keep track. If you decide to join us, add yourself to the doc!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsK-qSOSLMrJdDJZTzRtb1ZBSzNMYlBfVzdnT1FNbFE#gid=0

Divider%202013.png

Check the main post.

Guys,

I'm not sure if you all noticed, but you can get free seals from the login campaign. I recommend using them on jobs you don't have listed for tuesdays. Makes it easier to start gearing some more options for yourself!

500 Login Points:
Mog Bonanza Kupon S
An item that can be exchanged for magical patterns with which you can improve your desired piece of Empyrean armor. The number provided will be equal to that needed for the piece you select.

B.K.

500 Login Points:
Mog Bonanza Kupon S
An item that can be exchanged for magical patterns with which you can improve your desired piece of Empyrean armor. The number provided will be equal to that needed for the piece you select.

I need to get some body seals, then. Body seals are a pain to get normally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom