• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XI 2013 Seekers of Adoulin |OT| Go West, Young Adventurer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZetaEpyon

I got bored and updated the total required +2 items in the spreadsheet.
Now hopefully people actually keep track... >.>

Edit: Caught a Yumcax run at 3am last night... totally worth it, as now I have buremte gloves and... TAMAXCHI

12 hours wasted. 12 FUCKING HOURS!

That sucks man. I wouldn't bother with Yumcax again until the colonization rate is over 70% Setting that up and getting folks to not be retarded is awful. It wouldn't be as bad if he didn't have that regen aura, but as it stands you need a really coordinated effort to take that down effectively.

The biggest issue in that wildskeeper is alliance hate. Since the adds are so tough, you have links going back to the mages and weakened in the alliance after the dd's holding them die. This causes a chain reaction because when they are done chewing on your alliance, there are multiple others to link to, effectively wiping the whole reive when they get out of control.

You can alleviate this by not having DD alliances, but parties instead. Minimizes the casualties from a single party wiping. There should be at least one alliance of corsairs swapping between fire and wind shot (wind damage removes the regen aura) with a sch or geo in each party.

Summoners also need to not leave their avatars on the tree when not blood pacting. Feeds him tp, which puts his aura back up . Quick draw tp feed is minimal / non existent.

creid

Anyone's character look like this?

0rPjTgZ.jpg

I need to find a wife for the prince.

[dev1157] Item Adjustments

The following items will no longer be considered rare.

Ninza / Leisilonu / Iztaasu / Crobaci / Faizzeer / Iclamar / Iizamal / Qatsunoci / Kannakiri / Shichishito / Aedold / Lehbrailg / Uffrat / Bocluamni / Hgafircian / Rigor Baghnakhs / Aphotic Kukri / Halachuinic Sword / Bereaver / Brethren Axe / Bloodbath Axe / Dimmet Scythe / Ophidian Trident / Kiji / Uguisumaru / Kondaha Cudgel / Soothsayer Staff / Yaskomo’s Pole / Speleogen Bow / Surefire Arquebus / Mikinaak Helm / /Manibozho Beret / Bokwus Hood / Mikinaak Breastplate / Manibozho Jerkin / Bokus Robe / Mikinaak Gauntlets / Manibozho Gloves / Bokwus Gloves / Mikinaak Cuisses / Manibozho Brais / Bokwus Slops / Mikinaak Greaves / Manibozho Boots / Bokwus Boots

Also, new UI sounds "amazing":

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/112775-Dev-Tracker-Discussion?p=5850581&viewfull=1#post5850581

Empyrean tuesdays remain empyrean tuesdays. I'll organize a skirmish run on another night. Feel free to start one yourself too on off nights! I encourage it even.

B.K.

Made it through my first Plasm farm. When they were fighting Volatile Matamata , I saw the MNKs doing 60,000+ damage. How do they do that outside of Abyssea without Brews?

Caj814

Made it through my first Plasm farm. When they were fighting Volatile Matamata , I saw the MNKs doing 60,000+ damage. How do they do that outside of Abyssea without Brews?
All Adoulin NMs have some gimmick to exploit that usually gives a huge damage bonus to DDs(MNK in particular) once it's established. For Matamata it's waiting for the 7th TP move to go off which lowers its magic defense. This is when Monks put up formless strikes and other buffs and slaughter it in seconds.

What is needed to start doing skirmish?

A baseline of bayld gear / wildskeeper would be helpful, accuracy food until you're sure you can hit. You should probably upgrade to the ilevel 106 bayld gear or better before trying yorcia.

There is an augural conveyor in Cirdas and Rala. Rala is easy enough to walk to, but cirdas is a long walk. You should click on them ahead of time so you can teleport to them.

B.K.

I was wondering if the date they list the next update for is Japanese time. They say it's going to be released the 20th, which is Tuesday, but does that mean we'll get it Monday afternoon in America?

Right as I get a Ghastly Stone +2 the prices start crashing. Wondering if I should just hold onto it at this point.

Better sell it while you can. Ghastly Stones won't be used to augment +2 Skirmish weapons. Better get rid of it while people still use Ghastly Stones.

DigitalVeil

Neo Member
I was wondering if the date they list the next update for is Japanese time. They say it's going to be released the 20th, which is Tuesday, but does that mean we'll get it Monday afternoon in America?

Correct. We will be getting it the day before on our shores, as it will already be the 20th in Japan

All Adoulin NMs have some gimmick to exploit that usually gives a huge damage bonus to DDs(MNK in particular) once it's established. For Matamata it's waiting for the 7th TP move to go off which lowers its magic defense. This is when Monks put up formless strikes and other buffs and slaughter it in seconds.

That's not quite the full picture on how the Mata works. Every time it fires off a TP move, it gains resistance to the form of damage it took the most of in the time between TP Moves (these categories are physical and magical) while losing resistance to the opposite form of damage. This multiplier can keep increasing up to the 7th TP move, after which the Mata resets his resistances to 1x damage upon the 8th.

Ghastly Stones may now be exchanged for Verdigris Stones with the NPC Ornery Dhole.
Item and Number Required Item and Number Provided
Ghastly Stone (5) → Verdirgis Stone (1)
Ghastly Stone +1 (5) → Verdirgis Stone +1 (1)
Ghastly Stone +2 (5) → Verdirgis Stone +2 (1)

Ok SE, I'll let this slide this time.

DigitalVeil

Neo Member
I have two tier I popsets for the Yorcia Skirmish lined up if anyone wants to have a go tonight after I get out from work (after 10 pm est)

ZetaEpyon

I have two tier I popsets for the Yorcia Skirmish lined up if anyone wants to have a go tonight after I get out from work (after 10 pm est)

I'm in. I have at least two popsets myself.

Apparently Tier 1 is 15 minutes for the main objective, 25 min for secondary.

Edit: Cost info from bg: "Armor is: 1 wing for hands and feet, 2 wings for head legs, 3 for body piece. 4000 bayld + key item to upgrade to +1."

Leunam

So it's basically horde mode Skirmish style. Sounds pretty cool actually.

I think I'll cash in some points for a Yorcia simulacrum tonight.

B.K.

909 ATK
613 DEF
STR +78
DEX +71
VIT +80
AGI +42
INT +32
MND + 49
CHR +56

I never thought I'd see stats like that outside of Abyssea. And that's with just two Cizin pieces.

ZetaEpyon

How did Skirmish go last night?

It's pretty cool; a much different experience from the previous skirmishes (which I also enjoyed).

I think everyone got some nice gear, and I personally got decked out between equipment drops and wings (which you use to buy more equipment) - Gendewitha Bliaut, three Iuitl pieces, and two skirmish weapon +1 upgrades.

ZetaEpyon

Yeah, getting armor seems downright reasonable compared to older stuff. You only need 1 wing for hands or feet, 2 for legs or head, and 3 for the body.

Aumann

A baseline of bayld gear / wildskeeper would be helpful, accuracy food until you're sure you can hit. You should probably upgrade to the ilevel 106 bayld gear or better before trying yorcia.

There is an augural conveyor in Cirdas and Rala. Rala is easy enough to walk to, but cirdas is a long walk. You should click on them ahead of time so you can teleport to them.

What about any missions/quests, KI or other prerequisites?

Hrmmmmm.

Add Methods to Bypass Obstacles in Colonization Reives
As a result of the reductions to nest and obstacle HP in the July and August version updates, we got a lot of feedback that earning Bayld became more difficult in these battles.

Since we've gotten feedback asking to both make it easier to get through Colonization Reives, but also that players want to earn more Bayld in Colonization Reives, it's difficult to satisfy both of these at the same time. Therefore, we are planning to allow for players to bypass Colonization Reives by satisfying certain conditions.

Once we have finalized the method by which players can pass through the colonization reives, we will increase the HP of enemies and obstacles back to the state prior to the July and August version updates so that it is easier for players to earn Bayld.

ZetaEpyon

What?? SE, you guys are missing the point. Change the formula for how bayld is earned, not the amount of HP that stuff has. =\

Seems like a bad idea though. Isn't it possible that once people have gotten what they need from bayld equipment, nobody will do reives anymore? Skirmish II gear is already outclassing most of what you can get from bayld and wildskeeper. Could make things tougher on people just getting into the content...

What?? SE, you guys are missing the point. Change the formula for how bayld is earned, not the amount of HP that stuff has. =\

Seems like a bad idea though. Isn't it possible that once people have gotten what they need from bayld equipment, nobody will do reives anymore? Skirmish II gear is already outclassing most of what you can get from bayld and wildskeeper. Could make things tougher on people just getting into the content...

I hope they don't increase the monster quantity again. It was downright unreasonable when it first came out. If it's just HP then whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom