• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XI 2014 |OT| Kumhau, The Blackthorne Coven, and the Mog Wardrobe.

ZetaEpyon

I really want to play this game with you guys, but for two consecutive days, the PlayOnline viewer keeps telling me, I entered an incorrect PlayOnline ID or password. Even after I changed my password in the Settings menu.

What do I do? And where can I reset my password?

You can manage your POL account through your Square-Enix account:
https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/Login?cont=account

(Yes, it's stupid and they should have just gotten rid of POL when they made the SE accounts, but it is what it is.)

Seigyoku

I really want to play this game with you guys, but for two consecutive days, the PlayOnline viewer keeps telling me, I entered an incorrect PlayOnline ID or password. Even after I changed my password in the Settings menu.

What do I do? And where can I reset my password?

Do you have your POL account linked to an SE account for starters?

Pachimari

It says:

There are no linked PlayOnline IDs that need to be transferred.

I can't remember if I have linked mine. I think I did, but I haven't payed for a subscription yet.

I can't even log in with my PlayOnline password on their website. But I can in the PlayOnline viewer. And in the PlayOnline viewer I can't log in with my Square Enix password.

I do have a PlayOnline ID.

I'm beyond confused. And it sucks.

theDeeDubs

Can you bring trusts into mission fights? Looking to go from Bastok 5 to 6 to unlock some more trusts and I think there is a BC fight during the first step.

Omnicent

Can you bring trusts into mission fights? Looking to go from Bastok 5 to 6 to unlock some more trusts and I think there is a BC fight during the first step.

was reading up on trusts (going to get the game setup when I get home in a bit) and yeah you can use them in missions.

I look forward to taking my time through the story (admittedly I rushed text back them. I was young and did not know better).

theDeeDubs

was reading up on trusts (going to get the game setup when I get home in a bit) and yeah you can use them in missions.

I look forward to taking my time through the story (admittedly I rushed text back them. I was young and did not know better).

Hearing about Trusts and ease of solo exp is THE reason I resubbed. With my schedule it's the only way I'd ever be able to experience all the content I missed. Since they announced the end of the 360 support, I'm kind of using the achievement list as a checklist of things to knock off before next year too. I'm not as obsessed with achievements as I used to be, but knowing they'll be unobtainable soon makes them a little more enticing to go after.

Loona

So is Rhapsodies of Vana'diel going to be an 'endgame event' thing or 'end of the game' thing?

Given how bleak the game can be at times maybe one of any number of bad guys/gals finally succeeds in destroying the world.

Nevermind, read it again and it seems like it's just the end of new content.

It would be neat if by the very end we got to reunite Aldo with his sister, Trion and Curilla got hitched, Zeid got back to Bastok and that taru got out his his Boyhada Tree prison.
But as the servers shut down for the very last time Naja will probably keep claiming we still owe her money.

Seigyoku

It would be neat if by the very end we got to reunite Aldo with his sister, Trion and Curilla got hitched, Zeid got back to Bastok and that taru got out his his Boyhada Tree prison.
But as the servers shut down for the very last time Naja will probably keep claiming we still owe her money.

1. Yes
2. Yes.
3. Yes especially if I get to slap him.
4. NO NEVER! HE STAYS THERE FOREVER!
5. Sol will go out before we're out of debt to Naja.

Loona

1. Yes
2. Yes.
3. Yes especially if I get to slap him.
4. NO NEVER! HE STAYS THERE FOREVER!
5. Sol will go out before we're out of debt to Naja.

And then when the FF multiverse is reborn anew with Shantotto as its new goddess, Naja will be there to try and challenge her by trying to use her earnings to beat her with Gil Toss.

(don't mind me, I just like messing around with multiverse scenarios, and Dissidia's still tickling at that tendency)

Omnicent

Ahh just created my character and logged in. All the memories are flowing back.
I made my character on Sylph since that seems to be where everyone is at.
Characters name is Esaria. Can anyone send a ls pearl my way?

ZetaEpyon

Ahh just created my character and logged in. All the memories are flowing back.
I made my character on Sylph since that seems to be where everyone is at.
Characters name is Esaria. Can anyone send a ls pearl my way?

I'm logging on shortly, will get you one if nobody else has by the time I'm on.

AwShucks

Hearing about Trusts and ease of solo exp is THE reason I resubbed. With my schedule it's the only way I'd ever be able to experience all the content I missed. Since they announced the end of the 360 support, I'm kind of using the achievement list as a checklist of things to knock off before next year too. I'm not as obsessed with achievements as I used to be, but knowing they'll be unobtainable soon makes them a little more enticing to go after.

How are you finding it solo w/ trusts? Like you, my schedule is not very MP/group friendly. I haven't played in AGES but I think my character was in the thirties or so, if I'd even be able to recover it. I'm thinking about jumping back in either way since it sounds like doable solo these days.

Sinople

I'll probably come back a little to finish at least RoZ and CoP once the Welcome back campaign is up. I see they're now totally feasible with trusts, good!

theDeeDubs

How are you finding it solo w/ trusts? Like you, my schedule is not very MP/group friendly. I haven't played in AGES but I think my character was in the thirties or so, if I'd even be able to recover it. I'm thinking about jumping back in either way since it sounds like doable solo these days.

Since I'm just trying to get back into the swing of things I've only used it for lower level stuff so far. With Trusts+FoV+RoE I unlocked and leveled a paladin in fairly casual play from 1-31 in an afternoon. It almost felt like an accident because I dinged 31 in the dunes and didn't even realize it hehe.

hitgirl

Hi guys. King Lala here, I started a bit ago then left for awhile. Coming back to try and finish up some story missions. I've got a lot of it to go through so if anyone would like to go through all of COP and Zilart hit me up. It would be fun.

Hi guys. King Lala here, I started a bit ago then left for awhile. Coming back to try and finish up some story missions. I've got a lot of it to go through so if anyone would like to go through all of COP and Zilart hit me up. It would be fun.

Just let folks in shell know when you need help or want company. It's so easy to get around now it shouldn't be hard to find help.

theDeeDubs

Oh I didn't realize there was a log in campaign going on right now. How do I exchange my points and where can I buy the trusts they're offering this month?

I didn't get all that far last time, but the recent announcements gave me an itch again. In as Solvos@Slyph as soon as the patches between late 2012 and now are done.

I thankfully never deleted XI from my PC.

Edit: still a 2-3 hour patch to download, never change POL.

Reading changes it looks that most of the missing QoL features are now there. Playing solo should be a fair bit smoother than it was in 2012. Some missions were pretty harrowing stuff to DNC/WHM through.

Greymanic

Neo Member
It says:

I can't remember if I have linked mine. I think I did, but I haven't payed for a subscription yet.

I can't even log in with my PlayOnline password on their website. But I can in the PlayOnline viewer. And in the PlayOnline viewer I can't log in with my Square Enix password.

I do have a PlayOnline ID.

I'm beyond confused. And it sucks.
Late coming to this but I'm having the exact same issue. I definitely linked my account and the last I used it was late 2013. Regardless on the SE Account Page it says that no account exists for my email so it's quite odd. Did you manage to have any luck?

After a bit of a long hiatus from FFXIV, I bought the full FFXI collection and started a fresh character this weekend. It's been a decade.

Way back then I managed to get my Red Mage Taru to level 72 (when the cap was still 75), but couldn't find a group or LS to play CoP as people were either done with it (and never wanted to go back because it was incredibly hard) or had moved on to Dynamis. I was probably one of the only level 70+ characters on the server who had to put Sea: X Sky: X in my LFG notes. :(

Sadly, that character was not recoverable, which is a real shame because I'd banked a lot of gil and that is turning out to be real hard to come by! I don't mind leveling back up, but there are some crystal types not even listed on the auction house, and those that are sell for 1000 per stack or less--so there's no reliable income for low levelers. Low level materials seem largely worthless.

Any advice on the gil front? I'm learning everything basically from scratch, got my first Trust companions, and using Sparks to buy leveling gear...but I can barely afford spells, and the 10k Mog Sack is taunting me.

It's been two days and the nostalgia is just crushing. Can't believe I may actually get to see the storylines all the way through!

One quick question: the login campaign, should I (as a brand new player) go for the Trust companions with the points, or spend them all on Gobbiebag upgrade kits (GobbieStew 880 or whatever)? Inventory space is super tight and that's WITH a Mog Satchel.

Looking forward to seeing you all around Vana'diel, possibly after I've gained a few (dozen) levels, a support job, all that goodness! Would love a LS Pearl if I can track any of y'all down when I'm on (mostly Japan time though), am on Sylph, character name Mistwinter!

Guess I'll make a move over to Sylph sometime soon. I miss playing and I don't have friends to run delve or skirmishes with. I dunno if they added anything big since then, but I stopped around then.

Anyway, hope to see you all soon. :)

theDeeDubs

Allowing /lockstyle to persist across zoning will cause me to actually use it now.

So Geomancer is pretty awesome. I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did.

frequency

One quick question: the login campaign, should I (as a brand new player) go for the Trust companions with the points, or spend them all on Gobbiebag upgrade kits (GobbieStew 880 or whatever)? Inventory space is super tight and that's WITH a Mog Satchel.

I would get the Ciphers since it'll be a while before you see those specific ones again.
But if you really need more bag space, the Stew isn't a terrible choice. I would at least get Karaha though. He's a pretty good healer. If nothing else he'll Protect/Shell you AND Haste.
Mayakov is kind of terrible.
I like collecting Trusts though.

The normal items to upgrade your bags may not be that expensive anyway. Check around the AH.

As for a good way to make gil, consider buying Eudaemon Swords or something (500 login points). Those usually sell fast on the AH and will give you a decent amount of gil to start with (they sell for around 150,000 G here). Yorcia Visage I (300 points) is decent too. But at least on my server, Eudaemon Sword is the best point to gil conversion item that will sell within a day.

Another way to make gil is to buy items with your sparks and just vendor them. Sparks are super easy to get and you'll probably be hitting cap all the time if you're diligent on your RoEs. I'd need to search which item is the best conversion rate though.

People also buy the skill up tomes. So you can check which ones are popular on your server and buy them with Sparks to sell. Check the city yells. There's usually always someone yelling about wanting skill up tomes.

Top Bottom