• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XI 2014 |OT| Kumhau, The Blackthorne Coven, and the Mog Wardrobe.

ZetaEpyon

I don't know. Pointwatch still works fine if I delete the folder and reinstall it.

Then I have no idea why it wouldn't work, I literally copy & pasted that from my settings xml file.

ffxi_2015.02.19_21.02.20.png

Made my kotatsu and bowl of oranges, woo!

B.K.

A lot of it is extremely solid.
Hoping to do some Alluvion Yorcia tonight, I have a crapton of skirmish parts to use.

Yeah. I'd like to get all of them, except the mage gear. I don't really use mages. I thought I had some Yorcia pieces, but it looks like I've sold them all. What are the new Wings for? Do you need them to add the third augment slot to Allouvian weapons?

B.K.

Does anyone have any tips on pulling Dynamis TE statues? Every time I try to kill one, I always aggro four or five beastmen. I died tonight after about ten minutes in the zone after I got overwhelmed by mobs after I pulled a TE.

Does anyone have any tips on pulling Dynamis TE statues? Every time I try to kill one, I always aggro four or five beastmen. I died tonight after about ten minutes in the zone after I got overwhelmed by mobs after I pulled a TE.

Statues have the same aggro rules as the monsters they emulate, and only link with beastmen of the same type. So Yag and Orc and Gob statues are sight, and Quad are sound.

Dreamlands zones are much easier to farm solo, due to layout, and you can fight the beastmen for NQ relic you may be missing.

You can build tp on another mob, sneak up, pop behind a TE, one shot it, and sneak up again before anything else notices sometimes. Remember the linking and aggro rules to take advantage of this.

B.K.

* Upgrading these items to item level 119 will require items only obtainable through new battle content added to the March version update.

That sucks. :/

B.K.

Looks like I need to get working on Adoulin missions again. You have to be past a certain point in the story to do Vagary.

What kind of gear should I try to get for BLM?

Start with JSE gear (AF, Relic, Empy) then work on mab, mac, and specialty sets as you figure out what you want to do with it. I think it's either the relic or af body that has a 2% mp return on nukes based on damage dealt, which is amaaaaaazing.

- You want to be able to nuke and nuke hard
- You want to be able to reliably land stun and sleep

Seigyoku

The language is way too neutral for something like an expansion.

THAT WOULD MAX HYPE LANGUAGE - and it is not.

Whatever it is, it isn't good news.

And, no server merges are NOT good news.

Seigyoku

Maybe they're finally droping PS2 support?, anyways hype!

They made a point to bother to tell the non-Japanese of when they would be broadcasting (even while pointing out it will only be in Japanese.) Dropping PS2 support doesn't really affect non-JP players (because again, the coding of them game can't just magically be changed even w/o it.)

Kandinsky

They made a point to bother to tell the non-Japanese of when they would be broadcasting (even while pointing out it will only be in Japanese.) Dropping PS2 support doesn't really affect non-JP players (because again, the coding of them game can't just magically be changed even w/o it.)

Sure but they can use more memory for more/better variety of gear, enemies, zones, etc I'd think.

so, for BLU in yorcia skirmish, what spells should I have?

I just hit 99 and have been skilling up and learning spells, but Im not sure what I should have for handling skirmish since its all hunting elementals

creid

The language is way too neutral for something like an expansion.

THAT WOULD MAX HYPE LANGUAGE - and it is not.

Whatever it is, it isn't good news.

And, no server merges are NOT good news.
Yeah, this doesn't sound like good news at all. I almost get the feeling they'll announce the game's closure, but they wouldn't do that before big server merges, would they?

Hope they aren't shutting it down, I just came back this week. :(

On that note, I could use some friends on Lakshmi if there's any around on here as 100% of my friend list appears to have left the game.

On that note, I could use some friends on Lakshmi if there's any around on here as 100% of my friend list appears to have left the game.
I could be your friend

Look me up, I play two characters, Ikarah and Finuve. I rarely if ever log out, but Im actually available and playing weekday evenings and weekends

Seigyoku

Server merges mean more people around to do stuff with. How is that bad?

People always think that, but really it means different groups, who don't want to get along, same shouts that exclude the same people, lost names and a sign that someone thinks it isn't worth the money to run some servers, which is never a good sign for a game. Also, so much stuff is now scaled to smaller groups so a merge introduces congestion.

A merge MIGHT help things like our stupid coalitions. It won't help with "people to do stuff with me" as much as people like to believe. Merges don't fix attitudes.

Robin64

So I wanted to try this again now it has the Trusts system, but apparently SE stopped doing the trial version. They still have the page up, annoyingly, but it says there are no codes left.

Anyway, Steam has the entire package for £24.99. Tempting, but anyone know a cheaper place? (I'm UK if that matters)

So I wanted to try this again now it has the Trusts system, but apparently SE stopped doing the trial version. They still have the page up, annoyingly, but it says there are no codes left.

Anyway, Steam has the entire package for £24.99. Tempting, but anyone know a cheaper place? (I'm UK if that matters)

FFXI goes on sale quite often on both Steam and Amazon. I suggest just waiting for a sale.

5508f37322c39239136806a5.jpg

5508f3bd22c39239136806c1.jpg

Finally hit 100 JP on pup after working on it all campaign. Super happy. The 2 extra elemental slots are a real game changer, especially with the new attachments having a cost of 4.

I could be your friend

Look me up, I play two characters, Ikarah and Finuve. I rarely if ever log out, but Im actually available and playing weekday evenings and weekends

You guys should both come to Sylph if you're not running with any groups at the moment.

theDeeDubs

Resubbed last night to check out some of the stuff added since I last played. Unlocked the six starting area alter egos. Homepoints are super nice. Of course I had none, so I collected a bunch while unlocking the stuff. I'm following a Let's Play from last year from a vet who rolled a fresh character in hopes that I can catch up on some of the stuff they added. I didn't have any level one jobs to follow along with so I unlocked paladin while in San'd. It was refreshing to fight through Davoi instead of sneaking through for once thanks to my built-in team. I always wanted to unlock all jobs and there are still two or three I'm missing, so that is definitely a goal of mine.

Overall it was a fun and productive night
that lasted until 2am (ffxi so of course it did)

Resubbed last night to check out some of the stuff added since I last played. Unlocked the six starting area alter egos. Homepoints are super nice. Of course I had none, so I collected a bunch while unlocking the stuff. I'm following a Let's Play from last year from a vet who rolled a fresh character in hopes that I can catch up on some of the stuff they added. I didn't have any level one jobs to follow along with so I unlocked paladin while in San'd. It was refreshing to fight through Davoi instead of sneaking through for once thanks to my built-in team. I always wanted to unlock all jobs and there are still two or three I'm missing, so that is definitely a goal of mine.

Overall it was a fun and productive night
that lasted until 2am (ffxi so of course it did)

What server are you on? Consider a move to sylph if you're sticking around.

Munba

One question, if possibile.
I have the US account and i bought all the US expansions, Adoulin included. If i buy the ultimate package in STEAM EU, can i play from there with my account?

One question, if possibile.
I have the US account and i bought all the US expansions, Adoulin included. If i buy the ultimate package in STEAM EU, can i play from there with my account?

You'll have to reactivate your US account on the SE site and just log into it yeah.

Leunam

So is Rhapsodies of Vana'diel going to be an 'endgame event' thing or 'end of the game' thing?

Given how bleak the game can be at times maybe one of any number of bad guys/gals finally succeeds in destroying the world.

Nevermind, read it again and it seems like it's just the end of new content.

ZetaEpyon

So is Rhapsodies of Vana'diel going to be an 'endgame event' thing or 'end of the game' thing?

Given how bleak the game can be at times maybe one of any number of bad guys/gals finally succeeds in destroying the world.

It's the last main content expansion that the game will see, even if the game isn't shutting down right after it comes out. So maybe a bit of both.

This is the last mainline Final Fantasy game where I've never finished the main story campaign so these seems like a good time to move towards getting it out of the way. I've resubscribed for a month and then I'll see if they run a welcome back campaign shortly after that. I was struggling with levelling and limit breaks last time so I'll have to see how I get on.

Pachimari

I really want to play this game with you guys, but for two consecutive days, the PlayOnline viewer keeps telling me, I entered an incorrect PlayOnline ID or password. Even after I changed my password in the Settings menu.

What do I do? And where can I reset my password?

Top Bottom