• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 E3 Information Thread [Trailer, BioWare Storytelling, More]

It is Jason Marsden. He was also Chase Young in Xiaolin Showdown, Richie in Static Shock, and Cernd in Baldur's Gate 2, among a ton of others. He's one of the top western VAs.

Fun fact, he was born on the very same day as Danica McKellar.

Buttons

This actually has me interested. That little Moogle is pretty cool and I like some of the new things I am seeing. Good job SE, am looking forward to future projects now. :)

Wazzim

Banned
Looks like I'm not going to buying complete trash after all, I like the music and the environments. Those QTEs are bad and still no proper towns but I'll just deal with that and try to enjoy one of the fewer high budget console JRPGs.

Kunohara

Am I the only one who doesn't mind quick time events at all? I really don't see the big deal about them. I just see people get bend out of shape for them, and I can't fathom why. Seems silly to complain about that one thing in FFXIII-2.

^ Some games have bad QTEs. The final boss in Yakuza 2 can kill you in one hit if you don't press Triangle within less than a second.

JudgeN said:
O god this music is awful, what are the odds that the PS3 version will support custom soundtracks.

XIII sadly didn't support a custom soundtrack feature, I don't think this one will have it either.

Kunohara

General Shank-a-snatch said:
^ Some games have bad QTEs. The final boss in Yakuza 2 can kill you in one hit if you don't press Triangle within less than a second.

XIII sadly didn't support a custom soundtrack feature, I don't think this one will have it either.

See that is bad. When something can kill you with one mistimed button press, then it's dumb. But if it is for something cinematic (like God of War), then it's fine.

daffy

Banned
Kunohara said:
Am I the only one who doesn't mind quick time events at all? I really don't see the big deal about them. I just see people get bend out of shape for them, and I can't fathom why. Seems silly to complain about that one thing in FFXIII-2.
Nope, I actually like the way they are done in this game. Sort of like a small break in the battle and also allows you to deal extra damage. Hopefully it doesn't get excessive though.

Ninja Gaiden III however, is the bane of QTE's existence.

Skilletor

I don't mind QTEs in an RPG. It's not lilke I have direct control over my character, anyway. I press attack and they run and do a long combo. This isn't really much different than, say, limit breaks, to me.

SykoTech

Vect said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CMkdXp42pc&feature=channel_video_title Here's another video, there is more exploration in this one.

Nice to see. Still going through the first game, and the linearity is really starting to get to me. It's literally walk a few feet, fight, walk a few feet, fight, get item, walk a few feet, fight, cutcene, fight. The exploration here definitely looks like an improvement. I like that you can jump on you're own now too.

Skilletor said:
I don't mind QTEs in an RPG. It's not lilke I have direct control over my character, anyway. I press attack and they run and do a long combo. This isn't really much different than, say, limit breaks, to me.
Same sentiment. Plus this looks more like a QTE in the vein of Super Mario RPG or the Mario & Luigi games (good timing = more/any damage)

NeoUltima

Wtf at the Mog's voice. I hope that is just placeholder, kupo.

edit: the rap music also sounds like shit. But I'll be ok with it if its not overused.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I thought the rap music was fine, kinda like Persona's rap, koopow~

Watching the gamespot live demo, I like the direction they are going with this one...sounds much more promising...although their reluctance to call a town a town is frankly puzzling. Its obviously fairly straight forward to create a town in HD, but they have some sort of cognitive disonance in that regard.

Not sure why Kagari thinks the graphics are not up to scratch. Looks about is good as any other console rpg. Pretty stunning in parts, especially the rain. Its the animation that needs improved really.

People are seriously comparing the moogle to Lymle? The reason Lymle was so annoying wasn't just her voice, it was that coupled with the super retarded stuff she said. Lymle is an exercise in tolerance toward people with severe mental disabilities
(which it turned out she actually did have due to accidentally sending herself to hell as a child)
while Mog is just an animal that says one thing. He might as well be a Pokemon.

Edit: And just to clarify, not making fun of people with mental disabilities here. Got a cousin with Cerebral Palsy.

Zoe

The most annoying part to me was the delivery of "kupo" each time. Too much of a pause and then it's delivered as if it's saying a name.

Go_Ly_Dow

Great video. Music is nice, and I'm used to that kinda stuff from Persona.

I like how the music transitions from field to encounter.

wasn't this supposed to be "darker" than FFXIII?

all i see is younger characters, rap music (love hiphop but WTF) and a cutesy talking Moogle. not hinting at a darker game at all. i am confused.

astroturfing said:

all i see is younger characters, rap music (love hiphop but WTF) and a cutesy talking Moogle. not hinting at a darker game at all. i am confused.

KH2 was supposed to be "darker" than KH1.

I think it's just code at SE for more confusing.

Despera

Banned
astroturfing said:

That's not enough to judge the game by.

Let me in

astroturfing said:

I was thinking the same thing. The battle music in XIII (whichever you choose) was a little more exhilarating than what we're hearing here. And "kupooooo" is going to grate on me soon after I start this game, I fear.

Still I'm not seeing anything in the battles that would immediately turn me off. And Noel's voice actor is surprisingly good.

Has this really been confirmed to be Masashi Hamauzu? This sounds a lot like Tsuyoshi Sekito....

Edit: Yeah, really. This rock theme is so Sekito. Maybe someone else, but it does not sound like Hamauzu at all.

Double Edit: Although, Hamauzu is one of the most diverse composers out there, so...hm.

Top Bottom