• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 |OT| Change the Future

Zoe

I actually find the monster recruiting a hassle and annoying. While most monsters you can get after 2 or 3 tries. There are some that take forever and are a complete waste of time altogether.

I'm not a fan of monster hunting. I'm still using Cait Sith in post-game.

(helps that he's cute)

I'm not a fan of monster hunting. I'm still using Cait Sith in post-game.

(helps that he's cute)

omg I don't even go out of my way to get specific monsters but as soon as I got another medic I infused Cait Sith into it because Cait Sith sucks a lot...

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Cait Sith doesn't max out. My only gripe with him is his low HP.

Flanitor is a really really good healer. I don't know about best but I think he's the best I've seen unless there's something awesome post-game.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Just a question guys, I didn't realised about the big nodes and small nodes in the Crystarium system and I'm kinda screwed, I'm at Academia (4XX AF), with roughly around 11 hours into the game.

I have maxed out my Commando nodes (including the small nodes) for Noel and the Ravager nodes (also including the small nodes) for Serah and do you guys think I should continue playing or restart the game? I know the stats are quite a huge difference in the end but I pretty much owned the recent boss easily. I want to buy the Lightning DLC and it seem that my characters need to be really strong to defeat her. So what do you guys suggest? Should i restart the whole game or just continue playing it?
You didn't do anything wrong at all. Keep playing. It's not really a big deal, especially if you're using monsters liberally.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Regarding the Clock Stopper trophy, it's safe that I run away from enemies right (not the Retry option, the one where I actually run until the monster disappears)? It won't restart the counter?

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Wow, that Y. Massif 01XAF Cie'th battle quest is really terrible. I've finally leveled enough to have a chance at beating it then of course it casts Doom.

Quality battle.

mr. puppy

Banned
Yeah, and affirmed him by calling him stupid. I don't think that was really necessary. It's just a figure of speech and he just wanted his question answered.

Jackpot? I have no idea...

don't worry about it, you're arguing with somebody calling you 'prude' and 'bro' over the internet

Rarutos

Regarding the Clock Stopper trophy, it's safe that I run away from enemies right (not the Retry option, the one where I actually run until the monster disappears)? It won't restart the counter?
I might be late but, you can also easily just save in intervals and reload if you mess up!

Grisby

So, why would I want to close a gate by hitting R1 in the Historia thingy? Also, what are the little torch thingys down below a locations name? Gates I haven't found yet?

kayos90

So, why would I want to close a gate by hitting R1 in the Historia thingy? Also, what are the little torch thingys down below a locations name? Gates I haven't found yet?

Redo the section for the former. Time gates to the latter questions.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Right. That's perfectly fine.

Thanks. I think I'm 40 battles in already. Hope I get that goddamn trophy tomorrow. :p

I might be late but, you can also easily just save in intervals and reload if you mess up!

Yeah, I do this regularly.

It's better if you get this trophy (Clock Stopper) while searching for fragments. It's less tedious if you do that.

RS4-

Lolol, I'm still missing at least 1 Wild Fragment, this is terrible. And yeah, I did purchase one at Serendipity.

Grisby

Uh.... you have to be more specific... I don't really understand what you're trying to say.
I'm missing a gate according to my screen for
the second area in the game, the ruins place where you fight Atlas for the first time. I thought I went all over that map and never saw a third gate. There are some other strange things too, like the cell they put you in having a treasure chest that you can;t seem to access, even when they let you out.

kayos90

I'm missing a gate according to my screen for
the second area in the game, the ruins place where you fight Atlas for the first time. I thought I went all over that map and never saw a third gate. There are some other strange things too, like the cell they put you in having a treasure chest that you can;t seem to access, even when they let you out.

You have to unlock it by finding a jail cell key.

hertog

well my game arrived. And first impressions are AWESOME.

Never was a big fan of XIII, but the opening scene, man that was something else.

Lothars

Sorry to ask this again but does the DLC show up for everyone else? I got the serph bow and summoners costume also got the omega boss but when I look for it in the DLC menu option nothing is there and I don't see them in game.

They are downloaded and I did get a update in the game just not sure.

mr. puppy

Banned
fuck, that just really makes me angry, I really want to play it but I can not deal with random battles anymore, we are past that now.

its not like you're running and you're all of a sudden in battle. you run around and the monsters pop up and you can easily run away from them or get a preemptive strike if you want b/c they appear on the map and you can see their positions.

quick question are all battles random? Or are the enemies on the map?

Both, actually. Enemies just suddenly appear out of nowhere and most of the time you have enough time to engage them or run away. Of course you'll have the occasional bastard spawning right in your face...

Alright I went ahead and picked this up on Amazon. The $20 credit was to good to pass up. I am going to try and beat FFXIII first.

andherewego.gif

Just wanna confirm what I think I understand by reading parts of this thread:

There's nothing I can accidentally miss and have to restart the game to obtain, right? Including trophies?

Top Bottom