• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 |OT| Change the Future

Zoe

I'm missing a gate according to my screen for
the second area in the game, the ruins place where you fight Atlas for the first time. I thought I went all over that map and never saw a third gate. There are some other strange things too, like the cell they put you in having a treasure chest that you can;t seem to access, even when they let you out.

Don't try to 100% a time period the first time through. It's not possible most of the time.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Why? It's one of the best monster allies in the game.

Because it's ugly! I'm just that shallow.

Also Academia is pretty annoying. The enemies are non stop but the battle duration times are 4 seconds long. It takes longer to enter and exit the battle!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
It can get a bit more complex with interrupted attacks. For example, on step 5 if I get out 2/5 attacks and then the enemy starts interrupted me, or maybe your party gets out of sync some other way, you can go ahead and paradigm shift early. The important thing to remember is that the recharge is based on 'time since last free refill' and not 'did you do steps 5-7.'
Yeah. What was it... 10 seconds or something to refresh? This is something you really had to pay attention to in FFXIII's postgame, though. I'm not surprised people haven't really tinkered with it. Especially syncing characters' attack animations! I had to pay attention to that all the time when I fought the Guis since Sazh's casting animations were slower than how quickly the girls could attack.

Also, I really like MasterLL's video for it. Shows it off properly.

kayos90 said:
Noel is the most down to earth person out of XIII-2's character cast. Out of the entire XIII mythos cast then I would have to put him right next to Sazh.

Yeah, if the dude has only one more hit until he's dead then just freaking cancel it. Rofl. Often times I'm staring more at the paradigm menu than the actual battle menu.
I think it's funny that I've seen people just let the ATB gauge fill up completely even though the monster just needs one hit to die. :lol

I like that they've made Noel more of a jerk in this version.

I really hate using this Chichu. So ugly ;_;
Did they really rename Kichu to Chichu? @_@

But I'm more familiar with "Ki" than "Chi" in terms of power. Plus "Kichu" is more salient than the alliteration of "Chichu".

rataven

Do opening the treasure chests count towards the percent complete for a map? Or is the percentage really just about the areas you have to explore?

i have a question that might sound dumb... since the pulse knight is a sentinel does that mean he won't attack at all? just kinda unsure how monster roles work and why he'd have attack stats if he doesn't attack.

burgerdog

I really hope this wasn't in 13 or I'm going to feel stupid since I got the plat trophy. You can press Right on the dpad or analog stick to repeat your previous attack selection.

^
Yeah, he won't attack at all.

RS4-

Captain Cryptic refuses to show up for me at the spots mentioned in various maps online. I'm missing 7 fragments, he's holding 4 of them.

Sorry guys, I thought you all were talking about literally ATB cancelling, lol

As for what ATB cancelling actually seems to refer to, yeah, I agree that it was probably a glitch. A very handy glitch. I'm glad I'm still able to do it in this game

Zoe

Do opening the treasure chests count towards the percent complete for a map? Or is the percentage really just about the areas you have to explore?

You just have to make the whole area light up on the map.

Be careful about places with multiple floors.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Daddy Bear :(
LOL, if I had the opportunity, I'd ask about all of these changes. Some of them are just nonsensical to me.

Chichu?! I understand alliteration, but... I'm more familiar with 'ki' than 'chi', but that's because I'm more familiar with Japanese than traditional/simplified Chinese. Renaming it 'Qichu" would have been understandable if they wanted to use "chi".

Edit: As for anyone looking for an English version of the strong Kichu build, please refer to this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBLx8hyNCQM

hertog

wow just wow.

I've made my first
gate and timeshifted
and this game actually feels like a final fantasy.

For the first time since X, I'm actually playing a game that I can call a final fantasy. FFXII was awesome, one of the best games I've ever played, but it didn't have that final fantasy feel like IV,V,VI,VII, IX and X for me.

Man, I went to the second version of Bresha Ruins and got completely decimated. I guess I'll come back there after going to some other places first.

I'm definitely impressed with how much freedom there is in terms of choosing where to go in this game. It's pretty much the complete opposite of XIII in that regard.

mr. puppy

Banned
Need help getting to an area:

I'm in Oerba and just be the bad guy and have a Chocobo. How do I get to the giant part of the map that looks like it is all water?

Well, just received my Futureshop copy in the mail (FS wouldn't let me cancel my order :( ).
Now I have two copies of XIII-2, one SE and one CE... I've opened the SE and can't return it... I could return the CE, but it's so nice... I want to keep it :(
Dammit

Delio

Where is a good place to farm Power silvers? I don't think I can get Chichu yet so I'm working on this Behemoth and I rather have the Power Silvers than the Potents :/

burgerdog

How many times is Zoe going to have to tell you guys to just keep playing? Seriously, just play the game and enjoy it and come back for stuff you missed later. I'm having so much fun just blindly going into different areas not knowing if I should be there or not.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Is there actually a comprehensive list of differences soundtrack wise between the Eastern and Western versions online anywhere yet?

Think it's pretty much just "Invisible Invaders" losing its vocals from the Japanese version (both normal and "aggressive mix"), as well as the Charice Song "New World" replacing "Yakusoku no Basho" by Mai Fukui (they feature a similar melody, though)

.... As far as I've heard so far.

I really wish there were a way to know which worlds might still have Wild Artefacts available in them without having to resort to the Internet.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Does retrying a battle reset the Clock Stopper counter even if you did get a preemptive strike before it?
...!

Oh my gosh. You can actually do this! Okay, for people who are still doing Clock Stopper, listen up:

Find a group of nonagressive enemies. Get the preemptive strike, and then when the party members cut the enemies, pause and select Retry. And keep doing this until the trophy/achievement pops. It's the same enemies over and over, and the enemies automatically appear after you start controlling your leader after you select retry, letting you PE them.

I'm such an idiot! Why didn't I think about that before!

Edit: I am now looking for someone to make a second confirmation for this. Someone volunteer to be my guinea pig!

RPGCrazied

Academia 400 AF is annoying. Stuff that take 3secs to burn thru, but no gil or points that's worth fighting. :\

Oh yeah, that clouldburst is awesome as hell. His Feral Link abalitie is like he buffs your party with all the buffs.

....and yeah, that clock puzzles were annoying as hell too. Glad thats over.

exhume

So I know folks have been saying this game is really easy, but is it easy enough that you can play through it in any fashion you like? Eg. completely screwing up the Crystarium, using weak monsters, etc? Because I really just wanna run through the world carefree without looking up guides or FAQs all the time.

Also, is there anything permanently missable?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Man, a part of me dies every single time I visit
Dying World
. The music and the environment is so perfect. Oh man...

kameha5th

Banned
So.. I just dropped $79.99 on my collector's edition today.

This box itself is a cock-tease. Excellent artwork and comes with a OST.

Haven't actually played the game as I'm trying to find time from my work but absolutely stunning game.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
So I know folks have been saying this game is really easy, but is it easy enough that you can play through it in any fashion you like? Eg. completely screwing up the Crystarium, using weak monsters, etc? Because I really just wanna run through the world carefree without looking up guides or FAQs all the time.

Also, is there anything permanently missable?

You can pretty much do whatever but the last boss will kick your ass hard even if you did it right.

Top Bottom