• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 |OT| Change the Future

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Ok wtf at the end.

*major spoiler*
Serah dies, Moogle dies, Bhu-something ceases to exist, and Lighting is the new Etro and yet to be continued? Wtffffff. Is this the real ending?

Ok wtf at the end.

*major spoiler*
Serah dies, Moogle dies, Bhu-something ceases to exist, and Lighting is the new Etro and yet to be continued? Wtffffff. Is this the real ending?

I just saw this myself. HOLY SHIT at this ending. There DEFINITELY needs to be a XIII-3

exhume

Has this game felt ridiculously short to anyone else? I'm in the final area already and I've never beaten a JRPG this quickly before.

Just taking a breather after spending about 2 hours
falling off blocks repeatedly. This last area reminds me powerfully of a certain horrible dungeon on the fourth disc of Lost Odyssey. At least that one was optional...

Has this game felt ridiculously short to anyone else? I'm in the final area already and I've never beaten a JRPG this quickly before.

falling off blocks repeatedly. This last area reminds me powerfully of a certain horrible dungeon on the fourth disc of Lost Odyssey. At least that one was optional...

It's so much easier if you
get the fragment skill that lets you jump farther
. What's really crazy about that area is the damn proto-behemoth....

RS4-

Lolol, that Lost Odyssey dungeon was so obnoxious. If it wasn't for achievements, I would have skipped it.

exhume

It's so much easier if you
get the fragment skill that lets you jump farther
. What's really crazy about that area is the damn proto-behemoth....

Thanks, I do have that already. I'm more having trouble mentally keeping track of what is going where. Might need to draw an old-fashioned paper map!

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
http://andriasang.com/comzvb/ffxiii2_tbc/

Spoiler alert! Final Fantasy XIII-2 ends with the message
"To Be Continued."
Is this a hint at a Final Fantasy XIII-3?

Director Motomu Toriyama was asked about the meaning of the statement during a group interview session following a FFXIII-2 stage event at the Taipei Game Show 2012 event yesterday. The game had just seen the release of its Chinese language version on January 31.

According to Impress Watch, Toriyama explained that there are a number of reasons they displayed the message at the end of the game. One is that the game has a number of Paradox Endings hidden away, and they want players to first look for all these endings. Another reason is that FFXIII-2's world will be extended through download content, meaning players can expect a long play experience. They plan on continually releasing download content, said Toriyama.

Toriyama also responded to a question about what's next following XIII-2. He repeated that for XIII-2, download content is continuing to be developed, so until the download content ends he hopes to continue working on the game. He noted that Lightning and Amodar are being added to the game's Coliseum Battle mode in upcoming DLC. Separate from this, they're also preparing a large Lightning Episode.

I hope it's REALLY large, it'll be pretty cool. I guess with her we will be able to import our monsters deck and get the chance to use some stronger mob in there.

Bebpo

Banned
Are OOparts not necessarily fragments? I just got the one where you have to throw mog on the
moving turtle ride in 300AF
and it's still showing 0/2 fragments for the area.

Just want to make sure my game didn't glitch.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
You guys know of a good monster building guide? I've got a basic understanding of it, I just feel as though I'm going about things very inefficiently.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I just saw this myself. HOLY SHIT at this ending. There DEFINITELY needs to be a XIII-3
Ok wtf at the end.

*major spoiler*
*snicker* I can't wait until more people beat the game. I'm really curious as to what other people think about it!

Bebpo

Banned
I hope the story doesn't need a XIII-3 to wrap it up considering the Japanese sales probably killed XIII-3 from ever happening.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
They should have made XIII a series instead.

Fuck you Toriyama.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
So, as far as the Lightning DLC goes... ENDING SPOILERS:
How are they going to have DLC featuring her when she's crystal now?

They can always have her episode take place
before the ending/some other time line/time period/whatever they can cook up
. Nothing can stop Toriyama in his endeavor to write more convolutions.

Xevren

This is my nightmare. Trying to get the maps at 100% and I always end up getting stuck at 99% on most of them. Now to try and find that 1% on Academia...

ULTROS!

Here's a question, what game had the better ending? XIII or XIII-2? You can't choose neither. :p

Neki

Here's a question, what game had the better ending? XIII or XIII-2? You can't choose neither. :p

I thought FFXIII had a normal concluding ending, haven't beat XIII-2 so I can't imagine it had a much better ending because everyone is complaining about it. :p

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
XIII-2's ending makes me not want to purchase any of the DLC whatsoever.

Please don't buy them. It's because we keep buying them that they keep supporting these crappy microtransactions and unbearable development processes. I guarantee that they had this crap in mind when they were making XIII-2. Ugh.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Please don't buy them. It's because we keep buying them that they keep supporting these crappy microtransactions and unbearable development processes. I guarantee that they had this crap in mind when they were making XIII-2. Ugh.

I'm highly against DLC as it is. SE has really gone overboard with it
considering there is no resolution to XIII-2's story.
I don't want to support things like that. I will download the free content, that's about it.

ULTROS!

The ending could have been better if
the ending stopped when they were checking out the new Cocoon, no more Serah dying bullshit.

Kagari, when you get to interview Toriyama again, please throw a tomato at him and tell him it's from the FF fans.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
the ending stopped when they were checking out the new Cocoon, no more Serah dying bullshit.

Kagari, when you get to interview Toriyama again, please throw a tomato at him and tell him it's from the FF fans.

XDDDD

Yeah I agree, on both fronts.

TrounceX

jesus wtf man for some reason the spoiler tags didn't work on this page and I just got the ending ruined....

I'm going to smash my head into this keyboard now until I forget. Here I go. Good day, GAF.

Perfo

I'm ok with DLCs when good, so that must be seen yet. More than this formula (full price game + episodic DLCs) I'd like for Square Enix to try an episodic Final Fantasy only DD. Like Telltale games. I think jRPGs being so close to manga and anime's universe will benefit from doing so.

ULTROS!

I'm ok with DLCs when good, so that must be seen yet. More than this formula (full price game + episodic DLCs) I'd like for Square Enix to try an episodic Final Fantasy only DD. Like Telltale games. I think jRPGs being so close to manga and anime's universe will benefit from doing so.

I'll kick you if they decided to make Versus XIII a downloadable episodic game. :p

kayos90

To be fair, DLC generally has to be in the pipeline during development or else it will release too late when the game is no longer relevant.

Jaffe disagrees but then again he could be lying.

Honestly, with the way the game was paced I'm surprised that they didn't go for the episodic digital distrubition method. Pacing is good and everything. Whatever... I don't care what SE Japan does anymore. Just give me more Deus Ex...

Perfo

I'll kick you if they decided to make Versus XIII a downloadable episodic game. :p

Too late to do so with that, but maybe a spin-off series or XV will follow that concept. Square Enix is pretty aggressive with this in XIII-2, could be a sneak peak at what will come eventually next time. I think it could be an entertaining way of delivering a jRPG like a manga or anime.

I don't care what SE Japan does anymore. Just give me more Deus Ex...

Deus Ex it's so good...
and The Missing Link is even better. DLCs can BE so good sometimes.

Jaffe disagrees but then again he could be lying.

I believe they have a few more vehicles (Mr. Slam and Twister) modeled already, and Jaffe said they might see a release if the game is successful.

FF13-2, right. I know what they were going for with the ending,
but other interquels such as ESB and Mass Effect 2 at least offer some resolution, though the story clearly isn't over. 13-2 offers nothing.

Story-aside, I haven't finished 13-2 yet but I don't feel ripped off. The game is pretty long and meaty....poor choice of words.

kayos90

I believe they have a few more vehicles (Mr. Slam and Twister) modeled already, and Jaffe said they might see a release if the game is successful.

FF13-2, right. I know what they were going for with the ending,
but other interquels such as ESB and Mass Effect 2 at least offer some resolution, though the story clearly isn't over. 13-2 offers nothing.

There's a difference between satisfying ending and the opposite. SE failed so hard. They barely answered any questions and by the end of the game it was more of a, "if it ends this way I'll let it slide." But they had the balls to put a "To be continued" at the end. I was like, really? The hell is this? If you're going to have another game. Have the decency to make the ending satisfying and conclusive for that saga.
It's just bad development/design process.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess

I agree. "Toriyama-san, what is your writing process like? What are your inspirations?" As he's pondering, strike!

When I saw the ending, I was like, "No fucking way that's the ending." And then when the secret ending was revealed, my feelings were a bit incredulous. It's for that reason that I don't want to purchase any DLC at all. Don't support that garbage.

I don't know why they even with that ending. It doesn't make sense at all.
It's like they thought "So... how can we ruin this and make more money out of it..."
Exactly my thinking.

There's a difference between satisfying ending and the opposite. SE failed so hard. They barely answered any questions and by the end of the game it was more of a, "if it ends this way I'll let it slide." But they had the balls to put a "To be continued" at the end. I was like, really? The hell is this? If you're going to have another game. Have the decency to make the ending satisfying and conclusive for that saga.
It's just bad development/design process.

Wait I thought of something.

Can't say since I haven't seen it, but does 13-2's ending say "To be continued" or To be concluded?"

: /

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Wait I thought of something.

Can't say since I haven't seen it, but does 13-2's ending say "To be continued" or To be concluded?"

: /
Why does it matter? Oh wait, I think I see what you're getting at...

To be fair, the (late Episode 4 spoilers)
Terminator stuff
was pretty interesting. Outside of that, ehhh...

Top Bottom