• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 |OT| Change the Future

I just can't beat the final boss
_______Bahamut Trio_______

I don't know how to engage the fight...I think my characters are strong enough and all (my healer monster may be a little weak though), but I just can't defeat
the purple Bahamut, at most I get to halve his life, but then it launches a fatal attack, without me having the time to switch to a SEN/SEN/SEN formation...maybe because I take too much time ?

For info, here are my statistics :
Sera - Attack : 363 Magic : 603, COM 96, RAV 99, SEN 04, SAB 61, SYN 06, MED 42
Noel - Attack : 550 Magic : 313, COM 99, RAV 68, SEN 40, SAB 10, SYN 50, MED 41
My tactics :
SEN/SEN/SEN
MED/MED/MED
COM/COM/M
RAV/RAV/COM
SAB/RAV/SEN
SAB/MED/SEN

Basically I use the 6th formation in order to attract ennemi attacks to the tank, with Noel healing everyone and me debuffing, and then attack...

Should I do this differently ?

Tizoc

To whoever made the clock puzzle thinking it would be a fun thing : please go die. Preferably crushed by a huge grandfather's cock.

The clock puzzles are only annoying when there's a timer...and the puzzle changes you choose retry =_=

Otherwise, they're fun IMO~

Anyone got the Jihl DLC? How is it? It's about the only DLC I'd get for FF13-2 ATM until the rest is sold at a price drop/discount offer.

So...um, anyone got any good strategies for Jihl? I just fought her for two hours straight and she still had her full, like 78 million HP at the end because she keeps fully healing herself. My party is maxed out, went in with a maxed out Omega, Blue and Silver Chocobo. She's way harder than the other DLC bosses so far.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Yeah, she is easily the hardest of the optional bosses, but once you get to stagger her, she should go down easily. I used Lightning, Yakshini and Chichu and killed her in about 9 minutes, didn't get her, of course.

greyshark

I don't know how to engage the fight...I think my characters are strong enough and all (my healer monster may be a little weak though), but I just can't defeat
the purple Bahamut, at most I get to halve his life, but then it launches a fatal attack, without me having the time to switch to a SEN/SEN/SEN formation...maybe because I take too much time ?

My tactics :
SEN/SEN/SEN
MED/MED/MED
COM/COM/M
RAV/RAV/COM
SAB/RAV/SEN
SAB/MED/SEN

Basically I use the 6th formation in order to attract ennemi attacks to the tank, with Noel healing everyone and me debuffing, and then attack...

I found having a SYN to do some buffing helped. I didn't use a SEN at all outside of the SEN/SEN/SEN paradigm. You should be able to switch to it in time for all of his 'ultimate' attacks.

My tactics :
SEN/SEN/SEN
MED/MED/MED
COM/COM/M
RAV/RAV/COM
SAB/RAV/SEN
SAB/MED/SEN

What are the stats of your COM monster if you're stuck & unable to beat him that probably means that you don't kill the first 2 monster fast enough and your don't have enough time to remove enough HP from the third ..
You can't prevent teraflare from happening , you better make sure only 1 ennemy is present .. And there is a number going down 5 seconds before it's coming , ( hint : switch to SEN )

IMo you don't have time to debuf in this fight for several reasons..
1- one ennemy dispel all your buffs
2- Another ennemy dispel all your debuffs
3- if those 2 aren't present you have to quickly stagger him , Applying 2 layers of Buff ( SYN ) quickly might be good but nothing more

I had trouble with 2 maxed roles characters so you might need a very good RAV or COM monster ro just better stats.

frequency

So I think I hit a wall with this game.
If I don't figure this out soon, then FFXIII-2 will be the first FF I've played but didn't finish.

I got to
Academia 4XXAF. I have to find the Graviton Cores now. The only ones left are in times that I haven't unlocked yet. There's a gate at Academia 400AF, but I don't have a Wild Artefact.
I guess I missed one somewhere. But ugh... there's like 18 different areas I can go to and I have to comb all of them to find an "invisible" floating thing? It's really frustrating. I've been stuck for like three days.

I know that a lot of people like this better than XIII, but it's stuff like the above that I absolutely hate and that's what puts me off most WRPGs. I hate being aimless and not having any idea what I'm supposed to do next.

It really makes me angry because I just want to see the rest of this story. Very very frustrating.

greyshark

So I think I hit a wall with this game.
If I don't figure this out soon, then FFXIII-2 will be the first FF I've played but didn't finish.

I got to
Academia 4XXAF. I have to find the Graviton Cores now. The only ones left are in times that I haven't unlocked yet. There's a gate at Academia 400AF, but I don't have a Wild Artefact.
I guess I missed one somewhere. But ugh... there's like 18 different areas I can go to and I have to comb all of them to find an "invisible" floating thing? It's really frustrating. I've been stuck for like three days.

I know that a lot of people like this better than XIII, but it's stuff like the above that I absolutely hate and that's what puts me off most WRPGs. I hate being aimless and not having any idea what I'm supposed to do next.

It really makes me angry because I just want to see the rest of this story. Very very frustrating.

Even if you haven't gotten all of the Graviton Cores, go talk to Alyssa anyway.

frequency

Even if you haven't gotten all of the Graviton Cores, go talk to Alyssa anyway.

I gave her all the ones that I already had and I eventually got a quest to get a crystal. I found the crystal at Serendipity. But it costs too many coins and I figure I would come back to it. Do I need to get that crystal to advance the story?

greyshark

I gave her all the ones that I already had and I eventually got a quest to get a crystal. I found the crystal at Serendipity. But it costs too many coins and I figure I would come back to it. Do I need to get that crystal to advance the story?

How many cores do you have?

greyshark

Five. I need Epsilon and Eta.

That's what I thought - when you give 5 cores to Alyssa it's supposed to advance the story then. You don't need anything from Serendipity. Did you talk to her (and possibly Hope) again after handing her the 5th core?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
That's what I thought - when you give 5 cores to Alyssa it's supposed to advance the story then. You don't need anything from Serendipity. Did you talk to her (and possibly Hope) again after handing her the 5th core?
Yeah, just keep talking to her and it will unlock the next story section.

frequency

Yeah, just keep talking to her and it will unlock the next story section.

I thought I did, but I guess not. I'll go back to Academia 4XXAF and talk to her again. Thanks for the help.

EDIT: It worked. I can't thank you enough. I was really about to give up after being stuck for so long. Thank you!

Am about to wrap up Deus Ex:HR and wanted to start this one right away. I finished XIII back in the days and didn't read up on this one. But found it for a fair price and wanted to give it a shot. So any advice or tips before I start?

Am about to wrap up Deus Ex:HR and wanted to start this one right away. I finished XIII back in the days and didn't read up on this one. But found it for a fair price and wanted to give it a shot. So any advice or tips before I start?

None.
other than "go at your own pace" but don't rush the game.. If you've finished FF13 then you have all the necessary information already..

frequency

Be careful in the Crystarium. The game autosaves when you leave or enter an area and when you hit any events. I messed up my Crystarium at the beginning and it took a while to fix.

But the game, combat-wise, is really easy (at least so far) so I was okay. There are no significant boss fights or anything even remotely difficult so far. And I suck at games, so that's saying a lot.

I really miss save points and having more control over my save files. You can't really stagger your save files to go back to a previous point if you make a mistake. Well... I guess you can in the Historia Crux, but it's not as efficient or easy.

Also, keep an eye out. You need to find Wild Artefacts to open some gates. But they're "invisible". This probably won't mean anything to you right now, but it will when you get to it.

Ricker

Right on the steps,I think,for the final fight(s)? but I think I am not strong enough or I should say not set-up well enough with my monsters...

If I can't beat the Proto Behemoth with those little dudes for example,does this mean I will have a hard time on the Boss(playing on normal).

Jucksalbe

Banned
If I can't beat the Proto Behemoth with those little dudes for example,does this mean I will have a hard time on the Boss(playing on normal).

Not necessarily. Proto Behemoth is stronger than the final boss. A lot of people flee from that battle and still manage to beat the game.

Edit: But you should at least have a good Sentinel monster.

Right on the steps,I think,for the final fight(s)? but I think I am not strong enough or I should say not set-up well enough with my monsters...

man i died 22 times against proto behemoth ... The 2 shrodinger with him have such an insane defense you'd think you should kill them first ... but your priority is to kill behemoth as quick as possible... because when he is Up, you're up for some serious damage...

i managed to beat him with a full leveled up party ( all roles maxed + a DON TOMBERRY ) to complete my bestiary but NEVER AGAIN ...

A SEN monster is good but my advice is to kill him as fast as possible...

Red Scarlet

Game was very enjoyable; fixed many gripes I had with 13-1. Went through a couple times then started speedrunning it. Got some of the DLC, bikini powah. Looking forward to 13-3 if it happens.

How do you get 100% explored on the
Archylte Steppe
? There is a small section that seems unreachable.

Chocobo !!
You need to get all the red cactuar first ..after that you'll be able to ride them and use them to reach that area ..
Remember that specific area because that's where Yomi is .. :p

Lightning

Banned
Thanks buddy. Got it. I am currently going around 100% exploring everything to finish this quest which is actually quite time consuming...

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Got this in from Amazon, put a couple of hours into it tonight. I still have to dig in more, obviously, but I like this so far. The framerate can be a tad distracting at times though. :(

I picked up the Jihl DLC on whim. Curious about the Colisseum fights but wanted it against someone not playable in FFXIII nor otherwise seen in FFXIII-2 (unlike Amodar's trivia avatar game model).

rataven

Picked up the Jihl DLC and watch out! That battle is HARD.

Game was very enjoyable; fixed many gripes I had with 13-1. Went through a couple times then started speedrunning it. Got some of the DLC, bikini powah. Looking forward to 13-3 if it happens.

Oh wow. Red Scarlet in an FF thread? All feels right with the world again. Welcome back.

Niks

Having trouble with Mimi and enemies in general in AF500 Academia..
Any recommended leveling spots?

Be careful in the Crystarium. The game autosaves when you leave or enter an area and when you hit any events. I messed up my Crystarium at the beginning and it took a while to fix.

Huh? How can you mess it up?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Yeah, she is easily the hardest of the optional bosses, but once you get to stagger her, she should go down easily. I used Lightning, Yakshini and Chichu and killed her in about 9 minutes, didn't get her, of course.
Is Jihl really that difficult? Tempting. If she's anything like Raspatil or Proto Behemoth (which almost made me want to add a Sen monster in) against my Noel/Serah party...

I don't really want to pay $2 for a boss fight, though, given that I haven't played the game since getting the platinum trophy. Even if it is intriguing.

MechaX

Man. Paradox Caius is a dick.

Also, which DLC boss is considered the best (since I have $3 to burn), since I'm playing the game for a bit to get the Paradox endings?

burgerdog

Is Jihl really that difficult? Tempting. If she's anything like Raspatil or Proto Behemoth (which almost made me want to add a Sen monster in) against my Noel/Serah party...

I don't really want to pay $2 for a boss fight, though, given that I haven't played the game since getting the platinum trophy. Even if it is intriguing.

Might as well go for it, I think at this point publishers are going to force dlc down our throats whether we like it or not. Plus, $3 is nothing compared to what we spend on any given day on other things.

Also, which DLC boss is considered the best (since I have $3 to burn), since I'm playing the game for a bit to get the Paradox endings?

The more annoying paradox Caius is the 700AF one ..i had to cheated to SAB ( wound ) him to death ( 30% of HP ) and then go full COM on him ..27 minutes alternating between SEN , MED & SAB before i have a chance to kill HIM

Void Caius is also annoying but become a joke With a good SEN monster

Red Scarlet

I've only got the Omega and Lightning+Daddy Bear one, so I can't compare to Jihl one, but you can get 2 new 'monsters' with the Lightning+Daddy Bear one, so I'd go with that. Bikini is the #1 choice though.

frequency

I just finished the game (literally just now).

This ending...
I knew to expect something but...
I need A FFXIII-3 ASAP. You can't leave it like that! Damn you Square! And Serah dying was really sad. I cried.

I can't wait for the Lightning DLC. It bothers me that the datalog entry you get afterwards says
Lightning accepted defeat and turned into crystal. That doesn't sound like her at all. We see her on Etro's throne.
I really want to know what happened.

The story stuff in this game really got me. I loved it. But the gameplay is pretty weak. The entire game was really easy. I used three Paradigms the entire game:
COM/COM/COM
RAV/RAV/RAV
MED/MED/MED

And nothing ever gave me even the slightest bit of trouble (even though I am terrible at games). I kept expecting a boss, but they were all no harder than regular fights. The longest fight was the last one, which took me a bit over 7 minutes, but was still incredibly easy and there was no pressure at all. Someone mentioned Proto-Behemoth earlier being harder than the final boss. When I ran into one I was like "OH!" but that fight lasted all of 40 seconds and I barely even took damage.

I don't know if I'll bother with post game or collecting all the fragments. I ended the game with 129/160. Do I get extra story bits if I get the other fragments? I disliked the Historia Crux system. In theory it's cool, but gameplay wise, it was too unfocused and I had no direction and lost my way many times. I hope that FFXIII-3 will be closer to FFXIII in terms of flow
now that all the gates are closed. Although I'm not sure how time will come into play now that the world is basically Valhalla

Noel is one of my favourite characters ever. I absolutely love everything about him. Serah is the best strong female lead in any game ever. She's a really strong character - not whining or being a damsel in distress, but she is still very girly. People point to characters like Lightning as being strong female characters, but I disagree. I love Lightning, but if you were to replace her character model (and voice) with a male, it would still work 100%. But Serah is just as strong and definitely more relatable. I love her. I also like the new Hope. I didn't mind him in FFXIII, but he's like way cooler here. I hope he's playable in FFXIII-3.
Sazh showing up at the end was weird. I saw him at the Vile Peaks hinting about winning something. I guess I should get the Sazh DLC to see what he was up to
. I want to find out more about Snow's adventures too. He just... dropped out of the game. I read his messages to Serah but nothing is ever resolved. Is he getting DLC too?

Is there a difference if, at the very end, you choose
to kill Caius instead of show him mercy
?

Also, my total hours played on my save file reads 68:35:23
It took me like a month to finish, but it really didn't feel that long. I didn't take that long to finish FFXIII, but that had way more story than this. I think the going back and forth and finding invisible floating things with Mog really stretched out my time. I'm terrible with this type of game flow. It feels very WRPG - which I dislike.

Overall, this was a very positive experience. Characters and story are the absolute most important thing to me. So even though the gameplay was completely flat, the story and characters carry the entire experience to a very high level. This is my favourite game of the year so far and it'll take a lot to beat it.

Top Bottom