• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 |OT| Change the Future

one85x

Check his resistances when he's staggered. If he isn't weak to physical damage, cast Imperil on him. An en-spell would also help boost damage.

rataven

Thanks, I'll give that a whirl. I even tried switching my target to the Don, who I can stagger in something like 10 seconds, but can't get past 70K. I feel like I'm missing something...

Going after this Giant's Fist trophy has been nothing short of a farce. Noel's cyrstarium is completely maxed. He's accessorized up to about ~1350 strength. Serah, similar situation, only with magic.

So I find my Long Gui buddy, and go through the routine to knock out his legs. When he's down, I hit him with DeProtect, and my party with Bravery. Next, I nail him with Relentless Assault while he's lying there until he's staggered and the chain gauge is at 999%. Switch to Cerberus, pound, pound, pound, and then ready Meteor Javelin just as the gauge runs out. 60K, 30K, 50K.....95K. I have done this over and over and over and can not get 99K.

So then, I throw on my Sergeant's Badge that dropped from the Amodar battle. Now Noel is poisoned, but his strength is ~1600. 1600!!! Go into battle, repeat all my steps. Meteor Javelin. 98K.........

What is wrong with my Noel? Why can't he break 99K?! I'm completely confused. I'm reading on the internet that people earned the trophy with only 800 strength. Argh argh what the hell?!

You can totally hit 99k with about 800 strength.

- Equip Noel with Mac and luin (extra ATB slot)
- 999% stagger Long Gui
- Have your com beast have Bonus boost 1
- Cast deprotect on Long Gui
- Make sure Noel's HP is green (for the bonus)
- Cast Bravery and Enthunder

If you optimize the crystarium and equip two durable brawler's wristband then Noel has about 15xx strength and you can just use Odin's Blade. You don't even need enthunder or bravery.

greyshark

Going after this Giant's Fist trophy has been nothing short of a farce. Noel's cyrstarium is completely maxed. He's accessorized up to about ~1350 strength. Serah, similar situation, only with magic.

So I find my Long Gui buddy, and go through the routine to knock out his legs. When he's down, I hit him with DeProtect, and my party with Bravery. Next, I nail him with Relentless Assault while he's lying there until he's staggered and the chain gauge is at 999%. Switch to Cerberus, pound, pound, pound, and then ready Meteor Javelin just as the gauge runs out. 60K, 30K, 50K.....95K. I have done this over and over and over and can not get 99K.

So then, I throw on my Sergeant's Badge that dropped from the Amodar battle. Now Noel is poisoned, but his strength is ~1600. 1600!!! Go into battle, repeat all my steps. Meteor Javelin. 98K.........

What is wrong with my Noel? Why can't he break 99K?! I'm completely confused. I'm reading on the internet that people earned the trophy with only 800 strength. Argh argh what the hell?!

It seems like you're taking all the right steps to me - I personally got it to unlock without using Meteor Javelin and just having a regular attack get the appropriate amount of damage. I did have a maxed out party, but I didn't do anything out of the ordinary to increase Noel's strength (in fact it might have even been my COM monster that got the 99999 damage). I believe I was using a maxed out Gold Chocobo as my COM, but there are better ones out there (like Chichu).

i got it with 1135 strength

Kill long gui legs , deprotect ( what you're doing , ) switch to a COM/COM /COM Once the jauge is at 999%
ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK
Just attack nothing else ...
i got it

Meteor javelein should help you in this case ..you need a string of regular attacks ( i did have a don tomberry on my team , ideal when an ennemy suffers from ailements

rataven

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I've switched from picking on the Long Gui to Don Tonberry since he's easier to spawn. And I may have discovered a part of my problem. My monster COM! Have been using Amodar, mostly because I was just focusing on Noel's stats and forgot about him, but he doesn't have a COM bonus boost. So he's out and my chocobo is in. Noel should be strong enough on his own that my monsters don't even matter, but I figure wherever I can pick up another boost at this point, I'll take it.

Re: 99k damage

Deprotect, Imperil, Deshell, Bravery, Faith, En-whatever, 999% stagger gauge, +XX% strength accessories, Meteor Javelin and Odinblade are a must.

The normal Behemoth commando (the weakest Behemoth monster) has a nice Feral Link that auto Braves and auto Faiths you. I used him instead of Chichu or Golden Chocobo for this fight. I also had some shitty SYN monster (900 HP!) that had Enfire. So the hard part of this achievement for me was killing the legs, lol. With shitty COM monster (2k HP), shitty SYN monster it was painful.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Somehow I got that trophy during the battle against (sidequest spoilers, I guess)
Twilight Odin
. Noel had like... a little over 800 strength, lack of buffs and somehow ended up doing it via Smite (though the Break Gauge was a 999% or close to it, I think? Edit: Nope. At around 600-700% and I didn't even know how it happened. I don't remember. It's somewhere in this thread, because I remember being really surprised about it and posting it on GAF shortly after it happened).

R_thanatos said:
proto bahamut ....how can you manage to know that terra flare does so much damage beforehand ? you have to taste it first
Countdowns. Switch to Sen/Sen, then Sen/Med, then quickly back to Com/Med or Com/Com. Or something like that.

StoppedInTracks said:
This is exactly the case.

You should never, ever allow him to stand on his hindlegs. With a maxed out party he still hits for 5000k damage in one sweep. The only strategy for this fight is use Cerberus-X and KILL HIM as soon as possible. No buffs, no debuffs, no staggering, no Schroedingers. Just concentrate on Proto and kill him before he stands up.
I swear they added those little kittens to deke you out so that you'd go for them first but in reality you should be going for the elephant in the room first.

someone back in this thread said:
I almost never rode the rambunctious chocobos in the game because they ate up greens way too fast... the game said there was a fragment skill that would allow you to ride them for longer but there is no such fragment skill!

Yeah, what's up with that?

No such skill :( Anyone tried changing the Chocobo Music? Maybe this works?

rataven

Finally nabbed my Giant's Fist trophy! Traded Amodar in for a COM with bonus boost, and saw 99K pop up on my first battle after making the switch. Really strange, all in all. With Noel's strength at 1600, I did not expect that little boost to matter much. Something odd was going on, for sure, but I have the trophy now so it's on to Tales of Graces.

Decided that I'd go and 1G this game last week. Went from 50 something to 154 fragments. So many fetch quests. T_T

I should have it all done by tomorrow though. This is the first RPG that I'm actually willing to pretty much collect everything in. And it's not like I thought the game was super amazing either.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
edit: never mind. Would help if I actually explored more and, y'know, paid attention.
iglkF0XN2316o.gif

Lightning

Banned
Which tamed monsters does everyone use?

I'm using the following:

Chichu - Commando
Lightning/Cloudburst - Ravager
Pulse Gladiator - Sentinel
Green Chocobo - Medic

I have a syn monster but I rarely use Syn or Sab monster paradiums. I leave it to Noel/Sarah unless I need a specific offensive buff for a boss fight then I bring in a monster who has it.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
How long did it take you to finish the game folks? I'm some 10 hours in story picks up :)
28-30 hours for main story + some sidequest that I can't remember right now. 56-57 hours to platinum.

Monster used (2 times): Bunkerbeast infused with some other monster to give it Mediguard.
Edit: I remember looking around on Japanese sites and wikis for great Kichu builds and I never ended up doing it since I didn't need it, lol.

Dude. That's just crazy. After 5 hours on Lightning and then maybe another 5-10 hours getting the monsters and materials to level her up... gawd.

Please note I said tamed not levelled up. 95% of my monsters are level 1!

I love this game that's why getting them was a joy for me. I also got lucky with Metalligantuar (3% tame rate) and got him in like 8th or 9th time. Don Tonberry on the other hand... over 20 battles.

Which tamed monsters does everyone use?

I'm using the following:

Chichu - Commando
Lightning/Cloudburst - Ravager
Pulse Gladiator - Sentinel
Green Chocobo - Medic

I have a syn monster but I rarely use Syn or Sab monster paradiums. I leave it to Noel/Sarah unless I need a specific offensive buff for a boss fight then I bring in a monster who has it.

COM - Golden Choco
RAV - Blue Choco
SEN - Pulsework Gladiator
SAB - Barbed Specter because of Improved Debilitation II
SYN - Luminous Panther (spelling?), only for the 99999 dmg trophy (1 fight in the whole game)
MED - Flanitor

How long did it take you to finish the game folks? I'm some 10 hours in story picks up :)

Around 30 for completion and 58-59 for the Platinum.

That did include a significant amount of time in Serendipity auto-rolling for the trophy and a few hours Chocobo Racing for the sake of it. I probably could've taken 5-8 hours off the platinum but when I fought Yomi I wanted it as painless as possible.

frequency

Just got to Academia and got owned for 30min by some optional boss G-something. In any case, how far in am I?

I finished the game in about four sittings after I got there. So... um...
2/3
of the way through?
Off the top of my head, there are about...
five
areas left?

My memory sucks.

Just got to Academia and got owned for 30min by some optional boss G-something. In any case, how far in am I?

Should be Genseric, and that means you're pretty close
(about 4-6 more levels/maps)
However if you decide to do the side missions then it might take a little longer.

One thing I do like about 13-2 is that it allows you to do a majority of side missions pre or post game. You can get up to 151 fragment before beating the game, at the same time you can beat it with only about 45.

Red Scarlet

I think my lowest when I tried to speed run it was 36 or 37. Pretty sure you can skip a couple more too. I've never gotten more than 81. ;(

Just finished getting 1000 gamerscore in this game (about 55 hours). I've never been compelled to really play an RPG after completing it. I guess it's because I bought the collector's edition and wanted to get my money's worth or something lol.

The last fragment I got was the Lucky Coin one. I thought it would take me a few hours to get, but I lucked out and got it in about half an hour. So I
unlocked the final fragment skill and got the paradox ending about 4 minutes later.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Please note I said tamed not levelled up. 95% of my monsters are level 1!

I love this game that's why getting them was a joy for me. I also got lucky with Metalligantuar (3% tame rate) and got him in like 8th or 9th time. Don Tonberry on the other hand... over 20 battles.
Given how long it took to get Lightning, I was tired of the game at that point.

It was like Turtle Farming 2.0. :(

Finally sat down this morning and did the awful, awful quiz sections and captain cryptic. Now I'm at 158/160. Just need the Lucky Coin and the Bestiary fragments.

GorillaJu

I just picked up this game a few days ago and I have to admit I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

Is the DLC costume that was designed by the AKB48 girl a pre-order bonus or something? I haven't seen anything about it but I remember it happening awhile ago. It's a pretty nice looking costume... infinitely preferrable over the N-7 one.

Lightning

Banned
Finally sat down this morning and did the awful, awful quiz sections and captain cryptic. Now I'm at 158/160. Just need the Lucky Coin and the Bestiary fragments.
The worst part about this is actually trying to find cryptic... that shit is fucking annoying. I started it but got pissed off so I will leave that til last. I think I have to find him 2 more times but man...

Also, are Square taking the piss with this Proto Behemoth fight? What the hell is this. This fight is too fucking hard... Proto Behemoth hits like a tank and I am hardly damaging those 2 enemies with him... Any tips? How levelled does a party need to be for this? Seriously, this bastard killed me over and over again for over 30mins before I left to come up with a plan....

Also, are Square taking the piss with this Proto Behemoth fight? What the hell is this. This fight is too fucking hard... Proto Behemoth hits like a tank and I am hardly damaging those 2 enemies with him... Any tips? How levelled does a party need to be for this? Seriously, this bastard killed me over and over again for over 30mins before I left to come up with a plan....

:

This is exactly the case.

You should never, ever allow him to stand on his hindlegs. With a maxed out party he still hits for 5000k damage in one sweep. The only strategy for this fight is use Cerberus-X and KILL HIM as soon as possible. No buffs, no debuffs, no staggering, no Schroedingers. Just concentrate on Proto and kill him before he stands up.

Fiftyeight

Neo Member
So, I'm absolutely loving this game after the letdown the original was. Unfortunately, I've run into a roadblock that no amount of Googling has been able to solve. I'm completely stuck, and my options are sorely limited.

These are my zones unlocked so far:

New Bodhum 003AF
Bresha Ruins 005AF
Bresha Ruins 300AF
Yaschas Massif 010AF
Yaschas Massif 01XAF
Yaschas Massif 110AF
Oerba 200AF
Augusta Tower 300AF
Sunleth Waterscape 300AF
Archylte Steppe ???AF
Vile Peaks 200AF

The only two gates available are both in Sunleth Waterscape, and I have no artefacts to open them. I have on Wild Artefact, but that is not compatible with the two gates available. I have killed the Faeryl in Archylte Steppe but still cannot defeat the giant flan in Sunleth.

Also, I got locked out of Void Beyond and can't get back in. I've read different strategies in getting back, but I'm either doing them incorrectly or they're just not working.

I have read similar scenarios of people getting stuck but none of them match mine exactly and their solutions haven't worked.

GorillaJu

Why can't you defeat the giant Flan?

He didn't turn green after you beat the dragon in the Steppes?

I'm about 17 hours into the game and apparently as far as you. I spent too much time getting the purple chocobo. Thankfully blue didn't take too long

turnbuckle

Yeah, if you defeated the Faeryl you should be able to fight and defeat mutanttomato. He should be this pathetic looking thing compared to what you originally saw when you first got to Sunleth 300. If that's not what you're seeing, and you defeated the Faeryl, I'm not sure what could be causing that situation.

frequency

Keep exploring Sunleth.
You'll run into a group of mini-flans. Beating them will get you an Artefact to open one of the gates in Sunleth to the Coliseum. You'll get a fragment there that'll let you defeat the giant flan in Sunleth. You need both that fragment and the one from Faeryl.

Yeah. It's dumb and arbitrary and doesn't indicate to you in any way that you need anything more than what you already did. I hate the design in this game.

Damn them for having such great characters and such an engaging story.

So, I'm absolutely loving this game after the letdown the original was. Unfortunately, I've run into a roadblock that no amount of Googling has been able to solve. I'm completely stuck, and my options are sorely limited.

These are my zones unlocked so far:

New Bodhum 003AF
Bresha Ruins 005AF
Bresha Ruins 300AF
Yaschas Massif 010AF
Yaschas Massif 01XAF
Yaschas Massif 110AF
Oerba 200AF
Augusta Tower 300AF
Sunleth Waterscape 300AF
Archylte Steppe ???AF
Vile Peaks 200AF

The only two gates available are both in Sunleth Waterscape, and I have no artefacts to open them. I have on Wild Artefact, but that is not compatible with the two gates available. I have killed the Faeryl in Archylte Steppe but still cannot defeat the giant flan in Sunleth.

Also, I got locked out of Void Beyond and can't get back in. I've read different strategies in getting back, but I'm either doing them incorrectly or they're just not working.

I have read similar scenarios of people getting stuck but none of them match mine exactly and their solutions haven't worked.

Beating the dragon is only 50% of the task. You need 2 artifacts to face the weakened Royal Ripeness.

Top Bottom