• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 |OT| Change the Future

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
The only enemies on field are some of the bosses. Regular enemies don't appear on field AT ALL. They're random encounters that materialize on field and then you have an amount of time to strike them to receive bonuses.

Neil

The only enemies on field are some of the bosses. Regular enemies don't appear on field AT ALL. They're random encounters that materialize on field and then you have an amount of time to strike them to receive bonuses.

So you don't have to fight a monster when it appears?

Reveirg

You just listen to a couple of opinions on a forum and you immediately decide if you like it or not? Especially on regard to difficulty that is something related to the player's ability too. Sometimes I really don't get "fans".

This. People's reactions in this thread is complete non-sense. "I watched the ending on a japanese stream and the story is idiotic". Come on...

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
This. People's reactions in this thread is complete non-sense. "I watched the ending on a japanese stream and the story is idiotic". Come on...

Yup. And it's worse when they watch chunks of it and (Gamefaqs is full of dumb people) say Alyssa's
evil when it was her duplicate who was evil and made up conclusions like how she wanted revenge for the purge and rubbish like that...
(basically totally misunderstanding the plot and making up nonexistant things to further extend their interpretation of events)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Have to agree. The amount of people assuming things based on watching streams and spoiling themselves without having played the game is staggering.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
On the other hand, Pudding ending is best ending. FFXIII-2 redeemed (sort of.)
Pudding ending was amusing.

Yup. And it's worse when they watch chunks of it and (Gamefaqs is full of dumb people) say Alyssa's
evil when it was her duplicate who was evil and made up conclusions like how she wanted revenge for the purge and rubbish like that...
(basically totally misunderstanding the plot and making up nonexistant things to further extend their interpretation of events)
I honestly think some people just didn't like Alyssa's overall aesthetic or how
she liked grasping Hope's arms
and ended up
making baseless assumptions about her when they don't even understand what's being said to make the plot... er... somewhat coherent. Where the heck did people get the "she wanted revenge!" nonsense? :O See... this is why I don't go to GameFAQs boards anymore. :/

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Pudding ending was amusing.

I honestly think some people just didn't like Alyssa's overall aesthetic or how
she liked grasping Hope's arms
and ended up
making baseless assumptions about her when they don't even understand what's being said to make the plot... er... somewhat coherent. Where the heck did people get the "she wanted revenge!" nonsense? :O See... this is why I don't go to GameFAQs boards anymore. :/

Someone weaved a plotline about how she
wanted revenge for losing her friends and family during the Purge. That Serah is the one at fault given events of FFXIII. And they linked it to the paradox ending and Duplicate Alyssa scenes. So she's secretly working with Caius throughout the game

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Someone weaved a plotline about how she
wanted revenge for losing her friends and family during the Purge. That Serah is the one at fault given events of FFXIII. And they linked it to the paradox ending and Duplicate Alyssa scenes. So she's secretly working with Caius throughout the game
Wat.

Gosh, I wonder how people are going to react to that particular plot point when they play the English version and they can finally understand what's going on and what's actually being said!

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Wat.

Gosh, I wonder how people are going to react to that particular plot point when they play the English version and they can finally understand what's going on and what's actually being said!

I don't know how many people actually believe this to be a the case but probably a few plus those who listened blindly. Many also didn't know why the ending was that way.

I'm now at the beginning of the last chapter after 27h37 (76 fragments as of now). I quite like the scenario up until now, I thought it was indeed easier to follow than XIII's and that made it look more appealing. So unless something goes horribly wrong during the last chapter, positive notes for me.
Regarding Alyssa
I always felt something was off with her from the moment we reunite with her being at Hope's side. Like she was really jealous and "ready to kill". Then she apologized and I thought I was reading too much into this but no, a moment later she betrays us. F her. I really wanted to see how she would react when I come back later but of course she's nowhere to be found because out for some "secret matters" she doesn't want to tell Hope about...too bad =(

So yeah now I'll try to navigate in what seems the last mandatory area, then try beating the boss, and if I manage it then it's going to be fragment and trophy hunting.

Zoe

Well...
she did aid Caius for her own personal gain in AF4XX

ShdwDrake

Banned
Have to agree. The amount of people assuming things based on watching streams and spoiling themselves without having played the game is staggering.

This is what happens when u don't trust the dev anymore I guess. I remember watching the FFXIII live streams and just picking out the good stuff "well FFX was linear" and "the battles look good". Got FFXIII day one and trudged through 15-20hrs of it and I hated it. Now all I see when I watch the XIII-2 live streams is that "It looks like FFXIII" which translates to looks like shit. I haven't said much about this one you'll see that if u go through my post history but every time I see it I just don't like anything about it. I will definatly not be there day one and maybe not for VS either even though it looks like traditional FF mixed with KH. When I see Sqeenixes name on anything I just get skeptical. I know alot of fans, even though they hope for the best, see it the same way.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Does someone know if the savefiles in this game work with more than one PS User or they're locked to a specific user and/or console id? I remember some game on Ps3 locked to a specific user, that if you copy and paste the savefile on another user's account still within the same console hw, you can't load it.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
That it was thanks to Caius, yes, but she had that one line after they went through the gate that confirms she did something.

Can't really remember. Will go watch that scene again :)

SOLDIER

I just want to know, when all is said and done, if this is a game worth getting, and is overall a major improvement over FFXIII.

Forget the bitching about the ending or whatever else, that is the only thing I want to know. Day One Buy Y/N

luka

Loves Robotech S1
I just want to know, when all is said and done, if this is a game worth getting, and is overall a major improvement over FFXIII.

Forget the bitching about the ending or whatever else, that is the only thing I want to know. Day One Buy Y/N

i'm about 10 hours in and i'd say it's worth it for anyone that at least enjoyed xiii despite it's problems. day one perhaps not because it'll probably bomba pretty fast. :(

labyrinth of time is really annoying though. stupid clock.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I have a question... my friend's having issues with the platforming in the last area. Is it just that the controls aren't as tight as you'd expect when platforming + encounter rate? Should I just tell him to move the camera to make it seem like he's travelling on a 2D plane a la platformer games?

He has also expressed his dissatisfaction with the decision to use random encounters many times, lol. The encounter rate is high in some places, but in those same places, while it's possible to run away, but sometimes it's too cramped to run. He really hated the tower! LOL.

Yeah, can't remember the exact line, but
she said something like she wouldn't exist in the future they're trying to create
Was that the scene right before
Noel and Serah get separated while travelling through time? I wasn't paying attention to whether she said something or not.

Zoe

And people think floaty controls are bad....

Was that the scene right before
Noel and Serah get separated while travelling through time? I wasn't paying attention to whether she said something or not.

Yep, when it faded to black.

Anyone think it possible that we could see both Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Versus XIII out in some form in 2012. I mean SQUARE-ENIX are presumably focusing soley on Versus now, right?

Also for anyone who has beaten the game, roughly how many CG cinematics can we expect to see and how are they spaced out in the game? Still one before each chapter, like with XIII?

Zoe

Also for anyone who has beaten the game, roughly how many CG cinematics can we expect to see and how are they spaced out in the game? Still one before each chapter, like with XIII?

Haven't beaten the game yet (and the bf took over the PS3 for MW...), but I've only come across
....two....
up to the last level.

B.K.

Anyone think it possible that we could see both Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Versus XIII out in some form in 2012. I mean SQUARE-ENIX are presumably focusing soley on Versus now, right?

Japan MIGHT get Versus XIII in Q4 2012. There's no way it's being released in America or Europe in 2012.

This is what happens when u don't trust the dev anymore I guess. I remember watching the FFXIII live streams and just picking out the good stuff "well FFX was linear" and "the battles look good". Got FFXIII day one and trudged through 15-20hrs of it and I hated it. Now all I see when I watch the XIII-2 live streams is that "It looks like FFXIII" which translates to looks like shit. I haven't said much about this one you'll see that if u go through my post history but every time I see it I just don't like anything about it. I will definatly not be there day one and maybe not for VS either even though it looks like traditional FF mixed with KH. When I see Sqeenixes name on anything I just get skeptical. I know alot of fans, even though they hope for the best, see it the same way.

Most people who were burned by XIII will love XIII-2, bet on it.

anaron

I don't think it's a total loss. Spares me the spastic camerawork and frenetic choreography that made the CG in XIII so hard to follow. The in-game stuff looks decent enough.

Their FMV direction has gotten disgusting. It's nice to hear this game features less of them.

Zoe

Last level:
If I were to use the teleport stone, would I have to go through the whole thing over again?

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Last level:
If I were to use the teleport stone, would I have to go through the whole thing over again?

You mean the one at the end? No. You'll get to
teleport back and forth.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Their FMV direction has gotten disgusting. It's nice to hear this game features less of them.

The opening is pretty cool though. But I agree, some "FMV's" in FFXIII were just too chaotic and difficult to follow (starts of Ep.12 for example), more a technical achievement than anything else. Oh, but we also got Deus Ex's Cinematic Trailer, and that was pretty cool.

The story is garbage.

ibfHSIZSfvJID6.gif

Ricker

I still can't wait for this game...the only thing that scares are the QTE or Cinematic Actions as they call them...how are they? how bad does it mess you up if you miss some?,how fast do they appear on screen and how long do you have to react?...if you miss,do they come back with the same react button in the same fight or are they random...can I just ignore them and still be able to beat the ennemy just the same?

Top Bottom