• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 |OT| Change the Future

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Is there a bonus of finishing xiii beforehand?

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Nice second review on RPGSite, I must say both are quite more informative than most of the other reviews that just seem PR stuff at best.

Grisby

So this is definitely a shorter experience than 13 right? Looking to get through it before March. Thirty hours or so of JRPG sounds like a good change of pace right now.

RPGCrazied

GT review is up. Spoilers abound I guess. A lot I haven't seen in there, along with the newer enemies in the game, which I hear isn't much. They must have really rushed, cause they say it takes about 20 hours to finish.

Still they loved it, giving it an 8.8.

The GT review was really good and had an actual funny joke in it. I'm getting more interested in the story as well. Maybe it isn't that bad. People dislike XIII's story as well, but I think they are quite wrong on that one as well. Can't wait to find out.

Wilsongt

I ordered from Amazon and was hoping I would get release date delivery, but I am in an area without it... :( So I probably won't be able to play until Thursday at the earliest... Damn...

_woLf

Does anyone know if the pre-order content for various retailers will come shipped in the box, or will it be on receipts/slips with codes/etc?

I want the CE for PS3, but as said before GameStop appears to be out. You can still buy it on their website, though, so if it's worth it I'll buy it from there.

Another question, though, does anyone know how powerful is Serah's DLC weapon is? Is it even worth it?

I'm thinking I'll preorder it at Best Buy.

By the way, the Collectors Edition guide is only $20 at Amazon, as seen here: http://www.amazon.com/dp/0307894215/?tag=neogaf0e-20 I'm assuming this is a really good deal?

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Editor's Note: "Invisible Invader" is instrumental in the overseas version.

The bigger question---Does the soundtrack contain the altered or non altered version?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Does anyone know if the pre-order content for various retailers will come shipped in the box, or will it be on receipts/slips with codes/etc?

I want the CE for PS3, but as said before GameStop appears to be out.

Another question, though, does anyone know how powerful is Serah's DLC weapon is? Is it even worth it?

I'm thinking I'll preorder it at Best Buy.

By the way, the Collectors Edition guide is only $20 at Amazon, as seen here: http://www.amazon.com/dp/0307894215/?tag=neogaf0e-20 I'm assuming this is a really good deal?

Usually preorder content is printed on receipts.

As for the PS3 CE, Amazon still has it for release date shipping: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0062VM8LU/?tag=neogaf0e-20

rataven

I can't make up my mind on the preorder bonuses, argh. Omega from Amazon or the art book from Best Buy? And I hate that this is even an issue.

_woLf

Usually preorder content is printed on receipts.

As for the PS3 CE, Amazon still has it for release date shipping: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0062VM8LU/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Gamestop.com has that too, but it costs $12. Thing is, if I'm getting 40% off the CE guide from Amazon, that money saved would easily pay for my shipping at Gamestop.com, so it all comes down to which is the better DLC deal, Omega or Serah's DLC stuff. :/ Or, the novella from Best Buy. How big is that thing anyway?

I hate all this various retailer different DLC shit.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
GT review is up. Spoilers abound I guess. A lot I haven't seen in there, along with the newer enemies in the game, which I hear isn't much. They must have really rushed, cause they say it takes about 20 hours to finish.

Still they loved it, giving it an 8.8.

:S

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Gamestop.com has that too, but it costs $12. Thing is, if I'm getting 40% off the CE guide from Amazon, that money saved would easily pay for my shipping at Gamestop.com, so it all comes down to which is the better DLC deal, Omega or Serah's DLC stuff. :/ Or, the novella from Best Buy. How big is that thing anyway?

I hate all this various retailer different DLC shit.

The thing about the DLC is you can bet they'll all be released later for a fee. I have the Episode i novella... it's probably the best thing since it's a physical item. I got Omega for free from JPSN and honestly... it's not that amazing.

RPGCrazied

If you do all the side quests while doing the story though, it should be much more than 20 hours. That's just running through the story doing absolutely nothing else.

rataven

its not an art book from bestbuy. Its the episode i novel. Like 40 pages. It bridges XIII and XIII-2.
Oh thanks, that doesn't sound like anything I need then. Too much XIII related story will make my head hurt. But boss battles, yes, boss battles are a good thing.

Rarutos

The thing about the DLC is you can bet they'll all be released later for a fee. I have the Episode i novella... it's probably the best thing since it's a physical item. I got Omega for free from JPSN and honestly... it's not that amazing.

Oh, so all the DLC will be released later? I was kind of worried about that because some of the preorder DLC for duodecim never made it on PSN. :\

I really wanted the Kingdom Hearts Cloud costume too. But I preordered the game from Amazon because it's just better for me to get things through there in general...

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Oh, so all the DLC will be released later? I was kind of worried about that because some of the preorder DLC for duodecim never made it on PSN. :\

I really wanted the Kingdom Hearts Cloud costume too. But I preordered the game from Amazon because it's just better for me to get things through there in general...

They'd be stupid not too. The costumes and Omega are already up on JPSN for download. Splitting up the DLC is stupid as it is... at least Europe gets it all bundled together.

RPGCrazied

I hope those are all available on PSN day 1. Though I bet Amazon has some sort of timed exclusive for that boss. I want the costumes though, mostly for Noel.

Kamek

& i gotta admit that, tho i'll be getting it, &'ll likely end up enjoying it (as i did ffxiii), this's probably as un-hyped as i've ever been for an ff game. it's weird :) ...

My feelings exactly, and I enjoyed 13. The only FF I'm hyped for is Versus, which likely won't even be out this year. :(

rataven

They'd be stupid not too. The costumes and Omega are already up on JPSN for download. Splitting up the DLC is stupid as it is... at least Europe gets it all bundled together.

It does make the most sense for them to ultimately release all the preorder DLC later for purchase, but I hesitate to think it's a guarantee because of the Dissidia preorder DLC situation here.

_woLf

Bah, decided to go with Gamestop preorder and got the guide from Amazon. Won't have the game until Wednesday or Thursday, but at least I'll be getting it on PS3, not Xbox.

OMG fuck spoilers being in the titles of youtube videos related to the OST track I was listening to. God dammit. AUGH
edit: I knew there was a reason I was avoiding listening to the soundtrack prior to the release of the game :(

Animekatt

Quick question. I'm getting the steelbook with all of the dlc from Amazon.de. When I redeem the codes on the German PSN, will the dlc work on my American PSN account?

Top Bottom