• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nibiru

Banned
No clue. It showed me my current active services and what it'll be adding (Mog Cap and Cait Sith) on the page after entering the 20 character code.

It showed that for me too but there is no sign of this on the account page. Does it take awhile to update maybe?

People that are now successfully completing the 18 digit pre-order code page and getting 20 digit codes: are you getting the correct 20 digit codes?

im assume so. i guess people are getting PS3 codes instead?

Service Option to be Added
FFXIV: A Realm Reborn - Pre-Order Code Windows(R)
Mog Cap
Cait Sith Doll Minion

B-Dex

I got my PS3 code but it just let's you dl the pre-order version of the client. I'm redownloading it just in case.

rockx4

Your comparison is not really applicable if you're referring to transferring between PC and PS3 settings, since there is no precedence at the moment, not even with WoW because no other MMO supports cross play. So yes it would be nice if SE support it somehow, but the practice itself is not new in the genre.

Yea it would be nice but I'm guessing it would be impossible for SE to implement this unless there was a server side settings import\export. Oh well, I don't expect having to make major changes too often in the game.

B-Dex

did they send you a registration code and a ps3 client download code after you entered the preorder code?

This is what their page says once you redeem the pre-order code:

Here is your PlayStation Promotion Code that will allow you to download the game from the PS Store, grant you early access to FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn, and the Cait Sith Doll Minion and Mog Cap in-game bonus items once the official service begins.

We have also sent you an email including this PlayStation Promotion Code to the email address registered to your Square Enix account.

The code worked on PSN. And I'm downloading the client again.

Once the download is complete, the software installation will begin automatically. If you select "Download in Background," you will return to XMB™. By selecting the "FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn (Pre-order)" icon located under the "Game" category, the game client installation will begin. The installation may take several minutes to complete.

opoth

Banned
Didn't check recent developments in the thread, but this is relevant for anyone who registered a code for PS3 that showed in their profile as PC.

I opened a support case 24 hours ago (which has gone nowhere yet) but I've continued to try entering the code off and on in the hopes that something would happen.

About an hour ago, I tried again and was finally provided with a 12 digit PSN code for early access after entering my preorder code, and my profile now shows the correct version. I still have not received an e-mail with the 12 digit code, but I'll take what they've given me for now.

I'm not sure if I was successful because they flipped some kind of switch that let me re-enter my code because I opened the support case, or if persistence will eventually pay off for everyone else.

So those of you with the incorrect version showing in your profile, open a support case and keep trying!

Someone can correct me if I am wrong. As I understood it (and as it's indicated in the OP). You can't register 2 PC versions under the same account. So you can't stack the 14 free days for owning the 1.x version with the 30 days you get from the ARR PC version. It seems that you will end up with 2 separate accounts. However, you can probably register the PS3 version with your 1.x version for the additional free month.

So basically it's as follows:

1.x version = 14 free days
1.x version + PS3 ARR version = 14 + 30 free days
PS3 ARR + PC ARR version (on the same account) = 30 + 30 free days

I'm pretty sure you can register 2 PC versions under a single account. I'm an owner of the original CE and I plan on registering my code for the ARR CE for the bonus items. I don't care about the trial period.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I think I'm going to try and enter at someone elses house to try and get a na code instead of eu. I can't get my preferred lamguage to go through as US.

raven777

HBva4Ge.jpg

this means I am all set, right?

jiggle

This is what their page says once you redeem the pre-order code:

The code worked on PSN. And I'm downloading the client again.
so they registered early access with the preorder code and then sent you client download code
good to know, thanks!!

edit: site getting hammered :( guess i'll do this later

Simian

Anyone know where im supposed to enter my 20 digit code? do i have to wait for an email or is there a page i can go to do it? sorry if this has been answered before.

raven777

Anyone know where im supposed to enter my 20 digit code? do i have to wait for an email or is there a page i can go to do it? sorry if this has been answered before.

when you get the page with 20 digit code, there will be a link saying "here" you can go there and log in, and they will take you to the page where you enter the 20 digit code.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
So are there benefits/negatives to joining specific Grand Companies? I started a Thaumaturge at first and while I didn't end up enjoying the class much, I absolutely loved Ul'dah. Would there be any downsides to joining that grand company with my Lancer?

Ricck

I just redid it and it worked, got an NA code, but it does not list my CE items like some people have been posted here. Is it because they are legacy players or I should be seeing them as well? (I'm not legacy)

T.O.P

Banned
I just redid it and it worked, got an NA code, but it does not list my CE items like some people have been posted here. Is it because they are legacy players or I should be seeing them as well? (I'm not legacy)

they'll show up once you'll use the code in your retail CE i think, this is just the pre-order

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom