• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolvenOne

It appears to be fixed for a lot of people now, though I haven't seen any official word from SE. Just keep trying your code or wait for an announcement from SE.

Oh, there is goes. All registered and ready to go for Early Access.

Now, and I do realize that other people have probably already asked this. How exactly do I assure that I get the in game CE items? So far the registration process hasn't mentioned anything about them, and I want my Coeurl mount fragnabit! XD

TnK

You will need a group to continue progression in the game, including the main storyline. That doesn't mean you have to constantly play the game, and level sync makes it easy for people to go back and assist you, but you will need to play with other people. That is the point of a MMO afterall.

You should be able to get into Ragnarok now. It was temporarily gated due to population balancing and a number of issues. There is no guarantee that it won't be gated again at some point, so get in early!
I will try to get in fast then.

You dont have to constantly play. If you want to just enjoy the story and do quests with friends, youll have a good time. There will be times when quests and missions will require certain levels and abilties so you willl definitely have to spend some "off time" doing other things to gain levels but thats not really bad. Youll also need groups to play a lot of content but you will make friends playing. Sounds like you already have a few.

Its pretty casual with some bits for the hardcore. Something for everyone, imo.

I already do have a group of friends, but they already maxed their levels in 1.0, and got a good amount of relics. The idea of being in a group and all sounds cool.

My pre-order won't be giving me the game until the release date, do you all have the code or something?

Askani

Your CE items are tied to your ARR code itself, not the pre-order code. Those that have the ARR CE items listed have the 1.0 CE (and therefore get the ARR CE items free).

Right, but is that not the 20 code I just activated? I just assumed there would be some differentiation or acknowledgement in the messages I was seeing along the way since this was all done on SE's site.

nikos

Does anyone know when server transfers will go live? My cousin started on a different server, because he couldn't get on mine, and wants to transfer instead of starting over.

Ricck

Phase 4 client is the launch client, right? Or do I have to download again?

looks like it's the same.

From the pre-order site:

"If you participated in the Final Beta test of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn you will not need to download the game again."

creid

Your comparison is not really applicable if you're referring to transferring between PC and PS3 settings, since there is no precedence at the moment, not even with WoW because no other MMO supports cross play.
FFXI works on PC, PS2, and 360.

Finally was able to get through and get my 20 digit code. Though, I have not received an email yet confirming this despite already reaching the page with my code for the early access.

I mean, do I really need it? I already have the game installed due to being a part of the P4 beta, and my game and pre-order items have already been acknowledge and registered.

Salaadin

I will try to get in fast then.

I already do have a group of friends, but they already maxed their levels in 1.0, and got a good amount of relics. The idea of being in a group and all sounds cool.

My pre-order won't be giving me the game until the release date, do you all have the code or something?
If you pre-ordered, you shoul be given a code to grant you early access this Saturday. If you didnt receive one, contact whoever you ordered from.

Regarding friends, I wouldnt worry too much about your buddies being at max level. You will meet people and you will make new friends. Join a few linkshells, join a few random parties, and youll have plenty of new people to do content with.

Khatoz

Finally was able to get through and get my 20 digit code. Though, I have not received an email yet confirming this despite already reaching the page with my code for the early access.

I mean, do I really need it? I already have the game installed due to being a part of the P4 beta, and my game and pre-order items have already been acknowledge and registered.

Well it might be good to have your 20 digit code in case something goes horribly wrong on Saturday and we don't get our pre-order items or early access :p

Ikon

You can play on any server you want with any version of the game. There are NA/EU designated servers, but they are all located in the same data centers in Canada so it doesn't make any difference as far as response times. The only difference is in coordinating time zones. There are also JP servers which are located in Japan.

If you decide to play with us on Ultros, there is a pretty good sized international community there and we already have a lot of EU, AU, and Asia members in the GAF guild.
Aaaaand... sold!

Does anyone know of a scandinavian retailer (preferably norwegian) that provides early access codes for the PS3 version? I've tried GameStop and Game but those were a no go (nobody there even know the game was releasing soon).

plastik

Are the PS3 phase 4 beta and early access clients the same? I redeemed the code, but it didn't add anything new to my download list.

edit: I guess yes.

Vashetti

Banned
When you redeem the PS3 early access code, it just gives you the client to download.

So if we don't need to download this (if we already have P4 client), how will the game know we redeemed it?

Vador

Neo Member
Finally got it to work.. I was still getting the error 3 but tried 3 times and it worked. They send me a good 20 code digit this time for NA and not EU. Bought from GMG. I am good to go now for this weekend ! :D (hope so XD)

Ichinii

Thats weird. Id contact SE.
http://support.na.square-enix.com/main.php?id=902&la=1
Contact > Get Support > Fill in the Details > Hit "Next" until you get to the type of support, go with "Chat Support" as its probably faster to sit there and wait for a chat rep than it is to wait for an email response.

Thanks very much for your help. I went to the pre-order page and I'm trying to register my serial number/product code which I got in the confirmation e-mail when I purchased the game back in July. I'm guessing this would have to be the code... but I keep getting Error 3.

B-Dex

When you redeem the PS3 early access code, it just gives you the client to download.

So if we don't need to download this (if we already have P4 client), how will the game know we redeemed it?

This is why I am redownloading the client. Maybe there is something in it that triggers when you link your psn to your se account.

If you are using Firefox to redeem the code, try an alternate browser such as Chrome or IE to register your code. It wouldn't redeem on Firefox for me (Error 3) and worked in IE.

I just redeemed it using Firefox, it took a few attempts but I got through.

N.A

Banned
Right, but is that not the 20 code I just activated? I just assumed there would be some differentiation or acknowledgement in the messages I was seeing along the way since this was all done on SE's site.

No, the 20 digit code was (I guess) just SE's convoluted way of giving out the PC/PS3 client (so they didn't have to distribute PSN keys etc. months before release).

Your retail or digital download should have a separate code. I believe the early access code gives access until a couple of days after official launch just incase your copy does not arrive on time.

DrTeflon

So, question...

I'm a 1.0 player. I'll only get early acces IF I buy ARR right? If not I am still able to play on aug 27th, right?

This has probably been posted a thousand times but I'm at work and cant go through every page ):

Salaadin

Thanks very much for your help. I went to the pre-order page and I'm trying to register my serial number/product code which I got in the confirmation e-mail when I purchased the game back in July. I'm guessing this would have to be the code... but I keep getting Error 3.

What does this serial number look like? Early release codes follow a specific format:

ABCDEF-123-GHIJKL-456

If its not written similarly, it might not be the correct code.
And for what its worth, I got Error 3 as well but I kept pushing Submit and it eventually took. If you do have the correct code, keep trying until it goes through.

If you arent sure, contact SE using the link above. Maybe they have a different system in place for their digital sales.

EDIT: Code should be 18 digits

Khatoz

So, question...

I'm a 1.0 player. I'll only get early acces IF I buy ARR right? If not I am still able to play on aug 27th, right?

This has probably been posted a thousand times but I'm at work and cant go through every page ):

Kinda correct, if you have Legacy status (Paid 3 months or more of subscription of 1.0) you can join the early access during the weekend. If you only have a normal 1.0 account you'll need to buy ARR for the early access.

creid

Just tried registering my pre-order code for the first time, since it looked like people were finally succeeding. Error 3 :/ Guess I'll try again tomorrow.

zeitgeist

Totally forgot about the bonus pre order stuff. Is it confirmed that the Mog Cap gives an xp boost for people under level 10?

T.O.P

Banned
Saturday!

NGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

aaron-paul-captain.gif

Askani

No, the 20 digit code was (I guess) just SE's convoluted way of giving out the PC/PS3 client (so they didn't have to distribute PSN keys etc. months before release).

Your retail or digital download should have a separate code. I believe the early access code gives access until a couple of days after official launch just incase your copy does not arrive on time.

Thanks for the info. So long as the base game is ready for Saturday I can deal with anything else later.

Khatoz

Error 3 everywhere ): Just wanted to say, super nice OP!

Took me two tries to be able to get through, it's probably all the people trying to redeem the codes now that the regional issue has been fixed that are bringing the SE network down again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom