• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ichinii

Sorry if its been answered already.

I have the game game pre-ordered, did it back in July, however I haven't gotten any early access code in the mail. The only access code I registered was the open beta code for phase 4(maybe this was the pre-order code for early access as well?)

I'm wondering because I see people here already being able to register and I haven't gotten anything yet from SE in the mail. I have the serial # from my purchase confirmation, is this the code we're supposed to register?

TnK

Pre-ordered the CE. My questions are: Do I need to always need to constantly play the game? Is it possible to only play it for the story line and some side quests with friend?
Finally, I couldn't enter the Ragnarock Legacy server, will I get a chance to enter there, as all my friends are there?

I downloaded the phase 4 beta, and didn't play it as I couldn't enter the Ragnarock server, and was too stubborn to try on other servers. Character creator is also pretty cool, managed to make one of the characters look very similar to how I look IRL. Time to live the FANTASY!

Guys, can anyone PLEASE answer my questions? You would all be doing me a great favor. Thanks =D

Guys, can anyone PLEASE answer my questions? You would all be doing me a great favor. Thanks =D

You will need a group to continue progression in the game, including the main storyline. That doesn't mean you have to constantly play the game, and level sync makes it easy for people to go back and assist you, but you will need to play with other people. That is the point of a MMO afterall.

You should be able to get into Ragnarok now. It was temporarily gated due to population balancing and a number of issues. There is no guarantee that it won't be gated again at some point, so get in early!

WolvenOne

Okay, sorry I haven't been able to keep up, until I get one of my old desktops repaired/rebuilt, I pretty much only have internet access at work. Hopefully this will be resolved tonight. *knock on wood.*

So, still trying to register my 18 digit code from GMG, and its still giving me error 3.

Was a solution to this ever found, or am I going to have to contact Square Enix USA?

Askani

Well I bought the Digital CE edition for PC, shouldn't I get them also?

This is now my question as well. I entered my 18 code and got my 20 code, and used the link to register the 20 code. Nowhere along the process did it mention it was the Digital CE though. So worst case is I can play and play early, but be out $10 and a couple items.

same. i think it's a a regional thing at this point. trying to use an NA code with EU account. or Error 3 is just error 3.

nevermind. site was getting hammered as usual. code works regardless of region. got my code.

edit: lol. Spoke too soon.
The code's region is inapplicable.
You can only enter codes from the same region as your Square Enix account.

anyone have an EU code i can trade? I have an NA code.

Okay, sorry I haven't been able to keep up, until I get one of my old desktops repaired/rebuilt, I pretty much only have internet access at work. Hopefully this will be resolved tonight. *knock on wood.*

So, still trying to register my 18 digit code from GMG, and its still giving me error 3.

Was a solution to this ever found, or am I going to have to contact Square Enix USA?

It appears to be fixed for a lot of people now, though I haven't seen any official word from SE. Just keep trying your code or wait for an announcement from SE.

Meia

ibvbgqQH7NFTfl.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvpyz6MUa1w

Yep, had this playing in my head when I saw that screen too.

The only thing that bothers me is I bought the digital CE, but I'm not sure it registered as such. Hrm.

Salaadin

Pre-ordered the CE. My questions are: Do I need to always need to constantly play the game? Is it possible to only play it for the story line and some side quests with friend?
Finally, I couldn't enter the Ragnarock Legacy server, will I get a chance to enter there, as all my friends are there?

I downloaded the phase 4 beta, and didn't play it as I couldn't enter the Ragnarock server, and was too stubborn to try on other servers. Character creator is also pretty cool, managed to make one of the characters look very similar to how I look IRL. Time to live the FANTASY!

You dont have to constantly play. If you want to just enjoy the story and do quests with friends, youll have a good time. There will be times when quests and missions will require certain levels and abilties so you willl definitely have to spend some "off time" doing other things to gain levels but thats not really bad. Youll also need groups to play a lot of content but you will make friends playing. Sounds like you already have a few.

Its pretty casual with some bits for the hardcore. Something for everyone, imo.

Sorry if its been answered already.

I have the game game pre-ordered, did it back in July, however I haven't gotten any early access code in the mail. The only access code I registered was the open beta code for phase 4(maybe this was the pre-order code for early access as well?)

I'm wondering because I see people here already being able to register and I haven't gotten anything yet from SE in the mail. I have the serial # from my purchase confirmation, is this the code we're supposed to register?
Whered you order it from?
Amazon specifically sent out an email stating "your amazon.com promo code" and that had all of the early access instructions inside. If you ordered somewhere else and didnt get something like that, contact them ASAP.

Timeaisis

Very informative OT, great work.
As for this game, I have not pre-ordered but am pretty interested. I'm a little soured after the last XV. Anyone have any impressions of the beta that they don't mind sharing?

Ricck

This is now my question as well. I entered my 18 code and got my 20 code, and used the link to register the 20 code. Nowhere along the process did it mention it was the Digital CE though. So worst case is I can play and play early, but be out $10 and a couple items.

Same here, thats what I'm thinking also...I'm in queue in the SE support chat, I'll see what they tell me!

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
Is there any difference in codes? I live in europe but I played the beta on my us account and now bought the game from gmg and got a link to redeem it on eu site.

Ikon

What's the region situation like with this game? I haven't really played an MMO since EverQuest which had everyone on the same servers. Can you at least choose which region you want to play on here, or do I have to import a US copy if I want to play with the americans? (time zone fits better with my work schedule)

Ricck

sorry for all the questions, but is it normal that there's nothing new in my SE account management page under FFXIV ?

N.A

Banned

Your CE items are tied to your ARR code itself, not the pre-order code. Those that have the ARR CE items listed have the 1.0 CE (and therefore get the ARR CE items free).

Ichinii

Whered you order it from?
Amazon specifically sent out an email stating "your amazon.com promo code" and that had all of the early access instructions inside. If you ordered somewhere else and didnt get something like that, contact them ASAP.

SE digital download.

T.O.P

Banned
Yep, had this playing in my head when I saw that screen too.

The only thing that bothers me is I bought the digital CE, but I'm not sure it registered as such. Hrm.

i think that this is just a code for the early access, another code will be given once the game is out for both regular and CE

Very informative OT, great work.
As for this game, I have not pre-ordered but am pretty interested. I'm a little soured after the last XV. Anyone have any impressions of the beta that they don't mind sharing?

There are two beta threads loaded with impressions. The general consensus is that SE has done an amazing job and we can all safely forget that the original FFXIV ever existed.

Unless you are looking for a MMO that just does everything completely different, then I think you will be pretty happy with this, especially as a Final Fantasy fan.

Negator

If you are using Firefox to redeem the code, try an alternate browser such as Chrome or IE to register your code. It wouldn't redeem on Firefox for me (Error 3) and worked in IE.

FinKL

Is the cheapest place to get this with all the preorder bonuses GMG for I think ~$22.50?

Seems like there is a hysteria on preorder codes :|

I bought from GMG and the 1st time i got a 20-digit EU code and now I just got a 20-digit NA code, try entering it again maybe.

Did you buy after they labelled the game as (NA) on their website?
I bought the first version they put up, which didn't specify the region.

Ferr986

What's the region situation like with this game? I haven't really played an MMO since EverQuest which had everyone on the same servers. Can you at least choose which region you want to play on here, or do I have to import a US copy if I want to play with the americans? (time zone fits better with my work schedule)

you can enter in any server you want, being EU, NA or JP, with any copy of the game.
Take in mind you cant switch servers after you create a character on those

Mugaaz

Awwwww yeeeeeah.

<p class="error error_invalid_code">There was a problem with your code. Please make sure you have entered it correctly.</p>
<p class="error error_code_already_used">The code entered has already been used.</p>
<p class="error error_generic">There was a problem. Please try again later</p>

<p class="error error_invalid_code">Error 1: There was a problem. Please try again later</p>
<p class="error error_code_already_used">Error 2: There was a problem. Please try again later</p>
<p class="error error_generic">Error 3: There was a problem. Please try again later</p>

From the code redemption page source.

Also, what is nice in the page source is the ASCII Chocobo and FF logo in comments.

How do i see this stuff?

twelver

I think later when your final keys are emailed to you to activate your game, it will recognize that you have the digital CE. The code now is just to say you have early access, not proof that you've bought the game I believe.

You can play on any server you want with any version of the game. There are NA/EU designated servers, but they are all located in the same data centers in Canada so it doesn't make any difference as far as response times. The only difference is in coordinating time zones. There are also JP servers which are located in Japan.

If you decide to play with us on Ultros, there is a pretty good sized international community there and we already have a lot of EU, AU, and Asia members in the GAF guild.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom