• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kosma

Banned
So how many free days will we get for this clusterfuck launch?

I swear to god, why spend all that money in remaking the game if you can't launch it normally. So much goodwill gone again.

My gf doesn't even understand how this is possible "but if there is only capacity for x people on servers, why sell y number keys?"

This is so much worse then when WoW launched, or even D3.

hamchan

Are you automatically booted from your FCs if you don't sub? I don't want to be booted out of the GAF FC, but I'm also not interested in paying money for a sub until all of these issues are fixed.

I doubt you'll be booted automatically but the FC officers will certainly boot you if you're inactive for a while after the first month. Other people also want to get into the FC but can't right now.

It seems the key to know that you're is when the music stop on the loading screen. If you still hear music on the loading screen chances are it's gonna error

Aeana

Are you automatically booted from your FCs if you don't sub? I don't want to be booted out of the GAF FC, but I'm also not interested in paying money for a sub until all of these issues are fixed.

Wondering this myself.

I'm not going to be able to play every month because of university.
On the Guildwork site, it says that once the login issues are sorted, they'll be looking at activity. People who haven't logged in in more than 2 weeks may be removed in favor of other people who want in.

Zomba13

Been trying 20 mins, finally in a queue for Sargatanas. Hopefully FFXIV doesn't cause my computer to die again or I'm gonna be annoyed.

Desi

Now we're in

Mario-Kart-Japanese-Commercial.gif

This was a huge problem in 1.0 so it makes sense. People would join and we would see them like twice then disappear making it super difficult to get anyone else into the LS. You'd be surprise how many people did that.
I did it. But it had more to do with my Graphics card burning out.

Seems like the rank 3 materias come from Item level 45-49. Seems to be somewhat random, but based on the stats on the gear your converting it from.

The best bet to get some items to spiritbond, would be Aurum Vale farming, since it drops pink items and some tomes.
I see. Thanks for the quick answer and advice!

Still can't even bring up the NA/EU list.
Try restarting the client - it sometimes helps with that error.

Isaccard

This was a huge problem in 1.0 so it makes sense. People would join and we would see them like twice then disappear making it super difficult to get anyone else into the LS. You'd be surprise how many people did that.

After the free month is over there shall be a reckoning

njean777

This may be a dumb question but what kind of performance, if anybody has used one yet, does this game get on a 2013 Macbook air. I know I am not going to get ultra quality (nor do I expect to) but I am just wondering if anybody plays on a macbook air at all.

Welp, I beat the game. It was funny because the second phase of the second to last boss fight, we beat it with only 6 people since one got disconnected and another left. Then we also beat the very final boss which was a joke. It's weird how much I ended up loving this game. I'm not sure if it's because it's Final Fantasy, because I am quite the fanboy but... I didn't even like XI. So, I'm not sure. I've never even gotten into an MMORPG past level 20 before.

BLCKATK

Last night I ran through all my Bard quests. The job is so much fun. I'm so glad how focused it is on damage, but it's support actions are still invaluable.

I'm beginning the relic quest now, and I just finished the dhorme Chimera. I can't believe how much relic is in my reach now. At first I was a little disappointed but now I'm really excited... my playtime is limited after this week and beyond, but I still think I can do it!

Joni

Funny, I did Sastasha twice today. It is stupid how it keeps a duty marked in the duty finder even when you already did it. Second time did go a lot smoother than my first time.

And given the server issues people that sub will get just as much playtime as those that don't the way things have been going. Keep on that apologist-train though, you've been riding it pretty hard.

For as much as I've seen you troll this game I'm surprised you're still in the thread! XD

Sucks that we can't get new servers until Wednesday (actually, think that'd be Tuesday for NA since it's Wednesday Japanese time?). But you guys have to remember, it's not just new worlds their adding -- they're likely adding a ton of backend as well. It's weird that they aren't..phasing things in or something ("open up a server or two here") but perhaps their current architecture, especially with the split regions, prevents something like that? (Or maybe the stupidly vitriolic playerbase prevents that. Imagine how pissed one side of the playerbase would be if the other region got their servers "First" in a phased-rollout. It'd be a guaranteed PR nightmare for SE!)

Regardless, the entire thing won't be fixed on Tuesday/Wednesday. Hate to burst your bubbles, but there is no magic fix for server issues of ANY kind. A week turnaround is pretty quick, to be honest, especially with a major holiday in the NA region, and we don't know how many servers they got (While I don't know a lot about server architecture, it doesn't take a network engineer to tell you that FFXIV is a very server-loaded game, a lot more than most MMOs on today's market!).

I'm also surprised that it took this long for the login/lobby servers to start showing issues. Usually, that's the first to go, as that many people trying to login/spam '0' creates a DDoS-effect on the server, akin to damming up a big river.

I'm just hoping the extra-time they give out helps (maybe bump it to 10-days or 14-days?) appease the playerbase. There's an excellent game underneath here, no doubt. Once the server monster is killed, we'll be golden.

Funny, I did Sastasha twice today. It is stupid how it keeps a duty marked in the duty finder even when you already did it. Second time did go a lot smoother than my first time.

I had this annoying issue where I d/ced at the end of Tam-Tara, before the quest was marked complete, and rushed back to login thinking "OH CRAP i'm gonna have to do that entire dungeon again!!"....only to find out the game gracefully saved me at the beginning of the final cutscene, ready to get past it when I logged on hours later, on my PS3. I was pretty happy with that. XD

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I couldn't find a concise answer to this anywhere, but I should be able to create a character on Ultros to play with GAF providing I can manage to log-in eventually right. When they expand the servers I mean. Or will new players be told to play on the new servers?

me Jojo

I was playing just fine til it threw me off the game for no reason. Can't believe I have to deal with all this crap twice on one day.

They should just shut the game down til wednesday and give us another free week. People wasting too much time trying to get in and it's doing their servers no good whatsoever. Heck, the launcher isn't even loading at this point.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I was playing just fine til it threw me off the game for no reason. Can't believe I have to deal with all this crap twice on one day.

They should just shut the game down til wednesday and give us another free week. People wasting too much time trying to get in and it's doing their servers no good whatsoever. Heck, the launcher isn't even loading at this point.

Nah, the next free week is for when Wednesday's fix doesn't work either.

teiresias

For as much as I've seen you troll this game I'm surprised you're still in the thread! XD

I've never trolled the GAME - you'll find me in the FC chat when I'm online interjecting while I'm playing when I'm able, as I love the game. What I've trolled is SE's demonstrable incompetence in handling this launch and the server issues. I've trolled people constantly being apologists for this incompetence and every week coming up with a new "Wait until . . ." excuse. At this point I have no confidence that SE even has anyone with any idea what they're doing, and Yoshi - as the game's Producer should have been out front in making sure they had a good lineup of IT support to keep this game running smoothly.

Yes, I blame Yoshi too. All of these people say "The game is great, Yoshi has done his part." No, he's co-billed as Director AND Producer so he has more responsibilities beyond just the gameplay aspects of how well this game is run, and at this point in time he's failed on the back-end in an absolutely immense way.

Well this is a new one for me...

Silly as this sounds, I thought for sure this was just me (my Internet has been super laggy this morning, and I didn't realize I had a Steam game downloading in the background to boot XD). Kind of relieved to see everyone else is having it because it means it's not an issue on my end that I have to spend all day fixing for my family XD.

But it sucks. It was kind of silly launching the week before a major holiday in NA, in hindsight.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
I've never trolled the GAME - you'll find me in the FC chat when I'm online interjecting while I'm playing when I'm able, as I love the game. What I've trolled is SE's demonstrable incompetence in handling this launch and the server issues. I've trolled people constantly being apologists for this incompetence and every week coming up with a new "Wait until . . ." excuse. At this point I have no confidence that SE even has anyone with any idea what they're doing, and Yoshi - as the game's Producer should have been out front in making sure they had a good lineup of IT support to keep this game running smoothly.

Yes, I blame Yoshi too. All of these people say "The game is great, Yoshi has done his part." No, he's co-billed as Director AND Producer so he has more responsibilities beyond just the gameplay aspects of how well this game is run, and at this point in time he's failed on the back-end in an absolutely immense way.

Ignore them. Nobody can defend this shitty launch. =p

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I guess by now everyone knows that seeing the loading screen while trying to log in doesn't mean that you've succeeded.

From what I've noticed, once the loading circle pops up in the bottom right, it means that you're in and can relax. So keep dem fingers crossed until that circle pops up.

Esura

Banned
I wonder if its the server issues that's making the game look weird on PS3. When I played on Friday I noticed players would just randomly pop up a lot but that didn't happen often on the PS3 Beta 3 version. Always seem like a bunch of people running about but now it seem like everywhere is a ghost town until after a few minutes.

I'll agree Yoshi is at fault, as well, for vastly underestimating ("being very conservative") the demand for this game. It sounds like he thought it'd be a slow burner, not a quick market hit. At the least, they should've had more servers in their "back pocket", so to speak, kind of like they had in Phase 4, where they were opening servers left and right. I imagine it wasn't until early access that they realized, "Shit....hey guys....we probably need more servers." And by then it's too late.

I bet his superiors LOVED his conservative estimates, specially considering how much it likely cost to rebuild the game XD

B-Dex

Silly as this sounds, I thought for sure this was just me (my Internet has been super laggy this morning, and I didn't realize I had a Steam game downloading in the background to boot XD). Kind of relieved to see everyone else is having it because it means it's not an issue on my end that I have to spend all day fixing for my family XD.

But it sucks. It was kind of silly launching the week before a major holiday in NA, in hindsight.

I think it is congestion on their end. It happened to me after registering my full version code and having to re-accept the eula. It worked a few hours later.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I'll agree Yoshi is at fault, as well, for vastly underestimating ("being very conservative") the demand for this game. It sounds like he thought it'd be a slow burner, not a quick market hit. At the least, they should've had more servers in their "back pocket", so to speak, kind of like they had in Phase 4, where they were opening servers left and right. I imagine it wasn't until early access that they realized, "Shit....hey guys....we probably need more servers." And by then it's too late.

I bet his superiors LOVED his conservative estimates, specially considering how much it likely cost to rebuild the game XD

I'm not convinced it would be YoshiP's call on how many servers they needed to buy and install? All of Square has access to the amount of codes being registered, and it'd be the server farm runners that should be getting shit for this. He's directed and made a fine game out of a complete mess as a Director and Producer. Videogames aren't run by Kings/Prime Ministers however where all the country's woes can be thrown at their feet.

Its honestly in the worst state its been since 'launch' though now, with the Loader barely working, Start greyed out and no sign of getting into a queue when it does play ball. Seems completely fucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom