• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midou

This is my 3-day weekend and I was hoping to get a lot of playing time in. Sucks :(

Yep, same here. Oh well. Hopefully the extended 'free' time for everyone makes up for it... hope it's not like 3 extra days or something stupid like that.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Whelp, I give up. Who knows when I'll get to play again. I love the game but this is the most pathetic MMO launch I've been a part of. Squares lack of response on their plans going forward just piss me off.

They announced they're doing a big maintanance and upgrading servers on the 4th, and they did so half a week ago.

Not that it excuses the shit's that happening, eh.

Berordn

Yep, same here. Oh well. Hopefully the extended 'free' time for everyone makes up for it... hope it's not like 3 extra days or something stupid like that.

It's supposed to be a week, but I'm not sure that'll placate people.

(Nor would I really blame anyone if it doesn't)

According to a post by Yoshida on the official forums they're "considering" a 7 day extension of the free trial. So it's not even a sure thing lol.

Wow I finally get into a queue and bloop world is full. No shit that's why I was in a fucking queue. God I hate square I feel like elmer fudd when his head turned into a giant sucker pop.

kyoakuma

Banned
it took me and my wife about 45 minutes to log on last night after error 90000

on a side note, lvl 28/29 arcanist, where level?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
And boom goes everything again :D At least got to grab more points for the GC to up my rank even further. Though need to get to lv 40+ to complete the 2nd hunting requests before can move onto the 3rd rank tier.

I want an extra day for every day the server wasn't perfectly working.

Maybe you shouldnt buy MMOs on launch.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Some people thought it would magically be better this weekend... lol

I haven't been able to log in since Friday morning (I didn't play much), woo.

TheContact

is it even possible to sell some one a registration code. I mean what if you and a buddy just wanted to play on the same game why does he have to purchase another copy just to play. I mean he's already gonna pay the subscription fee. Or is this a mmo thing as to why they do it this way.

the game costs money to buy, on top of that there's a subscription fee. it's not a free download and then you can just pay monthly to play it. so if you and your friend want to play together, you need a copy of the game, and he also needs a copy of the game

Croyles

Behemoth was awesome, even with the terrible clipping. I'm not sure if even more servers will fix that.

Anyway, here's a pic of me on the cliffs. I was jumping around all the time when the AOE attacks came close. It felt like a battle platformer. Often when Behemoth clipped you couldn't even see his AOE marking.

ffxiv_01092013_024114_zps530b1ca9.png

The cliff meant I got targeted less, but if I died it was very hard for my party or anyone else to come heal me.

I used to hardcore raid as a healer, so I may sound a bit conceited I guess. I'm up to 42 (I can't even play right now because of having two service accounts, otherwise I'd be higher) and no encounter has really been that hard as a Scholar. When there's a spike of damage to anyone, there's usually no follow up at all so it's easy to heal them back up to full. Honestly, you can pretty much ignore anyone but the tank and your fairy just heals them.

Pretty much the only way they can die is if they get oneshot or if there's random environmental damage. Other than that it's pretty much just not spamming your Scholar's heal needlessly since cure works well enough in most situations and costs 2x less. I haven't done the higher stuff or even Stone Vigil yet, but so far it's basically been "If you're not getting hit constantly by whatever mechanic the fight has, you'll be fine".

While this is certainly going to be true for the dungeons you've done, I don't feel a SCH would stack up the same as WHM in the more later dungeon situations. Even cutters throat has mechanics where multiple party members are getting hammered and without an aoe heal or quick regen safenet I don't think it would be possible to be honest. Might be wrong though.

Mr. Hyde

Don't celebrate if you get into a queue its false hope. The queue's weakness has been exposed......1017!!

Edit: got in 1017 wasn't looking it seems

The only time I got a 1017 after making to queue was if I go to any other window on my PC. If I leave the queue completely untouched, I make it in. That could be a fluke though.

So is this really the FF MMO to end all FF MMO's?

Last MMO I played was WoW and I've been aching for something awesome ever since.

I think the classes look really bloody cool but I have no idea how the hell I would be able to choose which class to go, there's way to many good choices to choose from!

I'm going to be spending a LOT of time gaming in the next six months and this will probably fill the games in between the single player experiences that are coming out and I won't be getting a PS4 at launch.

Recommended for me? Last FF game I played was FF9

aceface

Last MMO I played was WoW and I've been aching for something awesome ever since.

I think the classes look really bloody cool but I have no idea how the hell I would be able to choose which class to go, there's way to many good choices to choose from!

I'm going to be spending a LOT of time gaming in the next six months and this will probably fill the games in between the single player experiences that are coming out and I won't be getting a PS4 at launch.

Brings back that ole' time FF feeling and washed the bad taste of FF13 out of my mouth. Go for it! (contingent on Square getting the login servers sorted of course)

Haha, wow. Went to the loading screen for about 20 seconds to the point I was convinced I'd gotten in.

Then I get a lobby server error which closed the client and now my launcher doesn't load. What a cruel fate lol.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
How is this getting worse and not better a week on?!

This isn't like their first rodeo. They've been at this MMO game since 2002, now over a decade ago. This is also this products second launch, and its taking them longer than a week to sort out bandwidth/server strain issues?!

I'd heard we were getting 7 days extra, but now thats got to be 14 surely since this week looks like a scrub as well?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Oh God just had an AMAZING moment I am still pumped....

Our other DPS dropped in TamTara (or tank, no clue) just at the beginning. So we 3 just decided to tackle it. We did very fine until the boss where our tank ran out of MP (it was an intense battle :p) and died. The boss had only a some HP. I went all in and tanked the boss however I could while the healer kept me up. I had to use potions, run away, stand in front of him and hit him with whatever I got... and bam! Beat him. That was fun. :p! Had an amazing party there so there's always cool people around

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
So what's the deal with playing on a JPN server? Will it cost money to transfer back over later?

And my game client is still in English, right?

hamchan

How is this getting worse and not better a week on?!

This isn't like their first rodeo. They've been at this MMO game since 2002, now over a decade ago. This is also this products second launch, and its taking them longer than a week to sort out bandwidth/server strain issues?!

I'd heard we were getting 7 days extra, but now thats got to be 14 surely since this week looks like a scrub as well?

Because more and more people are joining and they've already said it would take them a week to implement new servers and improvements, so it's not in yet.

This is not unexpected.

Mr. Hyde

I think it depends what you want out of it. If you have interest in the final fantasy world and like wow/trinity style then I would definitely give it a chance. I only played wow unt 30 something due to no interest in the world. This, however, has captivated me since the beginning. I went in expecting disappointment but fell for its charm. I will let you know how the end game is when I eventually get there. I have a long way to go due to aspiring to be a white Mage and having fun leveling fishing/exploring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom