• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Because more and more people are joining and they've already said it would take them a week to implement new servers and improvements, so it's not in yet.

This is not unexpected.

Its unexpected for them to take a fortnight to fix something and not a week. Half of the first month the thing is 'Live'.

I'm already beginning to lose the will to keep trying to log in even though I really want to play. Soon enough I'll have too many other games to play to invest MMO time fully and I'm sure thats the case for a lot of other people. They're really flubbing this shit, and I feel bad for YoshiP because this isn't his end of the bargain thats letting the side down.

Midou

Because more and more people are joining and they've already said it would take them a week to implement new servers and improvements, so it's not in yet.

This is not unexpected.

Like I said earlier, GW2 had a crazy amount of people and it wasn't even down for a full day, if they were smart, they would have prepared a lot more servers than one could ever imagine needing, even if it was like a 2-4 week rental or something. I'm sure one way or another, they could have prepared better. I know plenty of MMO launches do go sour, but they should have been lessons for everyone else and not something to 'be expected'.

The longer this goes on like this, the more people decide 'hey fuck it, I'll just go back to MMO x'. At the very least, the less time they will have to decide if they game is good enough for them to pay for it monthly. Even a 'possible' 1 week extention doesn't not quite make up for it at this point. It's been two weeks since the start of OB.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
So what's the deal with playing on a JPN server? Will it cost money to transfer back over later?

And my game client is still in English, right?
Well, the server transfer will probably be paid, but who knows - maybe SE will allow for one free one because of the mess until now.

But to be honest creating a character on a Japanese server isn't such a good idea anymore - during peak hours the situation on them is the same as on the US/EU servers.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Apologists.

I love the game but there is no question in my mind that it's the worst launch I've ever experienced. Downright embarrassing, really.

Considering you can still play on occasion at least I have been able to, this by far isnt the worst. The worst is zero chance to play at all.

Just like any mmo there will be people freaking the fuck out at start from launch, then come a month later will have moved onto something else or totally forgotten about what happened since they are playing the game.

Its like this every single time a mmo comes out. The same cycle over and over and over and over.

Vlodril

That's what I said, and someone said it was just my first MMO.

Oh you are not crazy. I ve been to several mmo launches none were this ridiculus. Its like s-e is complete out of touch with some things. Its crazy. At this point all i want is to get in for a few days straight , see the whole story and be done with the whole thing.

Careful switching to windowed mode while in game, it crashed and now the launcher is all weird (taking a long time to show the log in and play buttons, sometimes just a black screen on the launcher page requiring quitting and relaunching).

Vashetti

Banned
I'm in

shockedshocked_eagle2.gif

frequency

That's what I said, and someone said it was just my first MMO.

Apologists.

I love the game but there is no question in my mind that it's the worst launch I've ever experienced. Downright embarrassing, really.

I have been in a lot of MMO launches. This one is definitely among the worst. It was forgivable at first but because of how long it has taken to solve the issues (still not solved), it has indeed become one of the worst.

The biggest problem here is that even server load issues could be forgiven if they handled it properly. But they don't. An idle kicker and an actual queue system would have made this more tolerable. As it is though, this is up there with the worst MMORPG launches.

This doesn't even get into the terrible registration UI that has caused a lot of people to unknowingly create separate service accounts and also the terrible customer service.

I think anyone who says this isn't among the worst hasn't actually experienced many MMO launches themselves and are just repeating what others have said or are misremembering or attributing a greater negativity on those launches than they would have in the moment.

Considering you can still play on occasion at least I have been able to, this by far isnt the worst. The worst is zero chance to play at all.
I've been able to play because I leave my character idling overnight to prevent dealing with the no-queue bullshit this game has going on. If I hadn't done that, I wouldn't have gotten close to 50 this week.

Its like this every single time a mmo comes out. The same cycle over and over and over and over.
No, it's not. I've never seen an MMO launch where a core element to progression (duty finder) was completely broken on the first day, and then a broken queue system the week after that prevents most people from playing the game they've purchased unless they have the patience and/or time to press 0 for an hour. If you have, then please, name it.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So next Wednesday they say things are going to be smooth in NA... after all my days off.

Very little is going to be fixed Wednesday. They're adding new servers. They can start up sales again and those people will have nice fresh servers. Nothing is going to be fixed on existing servers till they kick in server transfers, because nothing's going to fix the congestion currently on servers.

Just like any mmo there will be people freaking the fuck out at start from launch, then come a month later will have moved onto something else or totally forgotten about what happened since they are playing the game.

This is NOTHING like other MMO launches. This is their second chance at this game. There is no excuse of issues like this, They saw pre-orders, they knew how many people to expect.

Bogeypop

Electricity went out only in my room for about 5 seconds while I was in the middle of an 8-man story dungeon. It takes me about 10-15 minutes to get back in, and I was booted from the party. :( I'd planned to stop playing after I finished it, so basically I got in just so I could afk at a Sanctuary and get rested EXP for an alt class.

Styles

I too got kicked out and now I can't even open the damn launcher without getting an error that automatically closes it. >_>

Robin64

Wow, you know it's a real Final Fantasy when you meet
Biggs and Wedge
!

Now to farm seals to get a chocobo. Hoh yeeeaaaah!

U2NUMB

Very little is going to be fixed Wednesday. They're adding new servers. They can start up sales again and those people will have nice fresh servers. Nothing is going to be fixed on existing servers till they kick in server transfers, because nothing's going to fix the congestion currently on servers.

This is NOTHING like other MMO launches. This is their second chance at this game. There is no excuse of issues like this, They saw pre-orders, they knew how many people to expect.

I have never been a part of a new MMO game at launch but this will be my last as this is just not right. They need to not require a monthly payment for the first 2 months to make up for this IF it is fixed by then. No way I am giving them more money at this point.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

Do tell, which is exactly the same for other mmos and some of which have had the issue of not being able to log in at all / play the game for the first week. Along with those who bought the game freaking the fuck out to all sorts of different degrees of stupid as if the world just ended for them.

Same shit different smell.

Ok I need some savage aim 3 materia for my lvl 50 weapon... how do I determine if converting items will yield that materia? Is it completely random what rank it comes out as, or does it need to be a higher level gear?

the game costs money to buy, on top of that there's a subscription fee. it's not a free download and then you can just pay monthly to play it. so if you and your friend want to play together, you need a copy of the game, and he also needs a copy of the game

It would be more convenient to charge for registraion codes for people who live in the same household with only one ps3/pc play. I know that you have to buy the game to get a registraiton code I'm just stating my opinion on what I think would be better. But if I'm wrong I'm wrong oh well.

teiresias

Are you automatically booted from your FCs if you don't sub? I don't want to be booted out of the GAF FC, but I'm also not interested in paying money for a sub until all of these issues are fixed.

Khatoz

Ok I need some savage aim 3 materia for my lvl 50 weapon... how do I determine if converting items will yield that materia? Is it completely random what rank it comes out as, or does it need to be a higher level gear?

Seems like the rank 3 materias come from Item level 45-49. Seems to be somewhat random, but based on the stats on the gear your converting it from.

The best bet to get some items to spiritbond, would be Aurum Vale farming, since it drops pink items and some tomes.

Vashetti

Banned
Are you automatically booted from your FCs if you don't sub? I don't want to be booted out of the GAF FC, but I'm also not interested in paying money for a sub until all of these issues are fixed.

Wondering this myself.

I'm not going to be able to play every month because of university.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom