• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I knew they'd remove the lockout as part of the nerf. It just made sense.
EDIT: lul, duty finder.

So you can deck out all your jobs in DF Coil in ilvl90 before getting 1-3 jobs to ilvl 80 through CT lol

So Kobold (Titan) and Sahagin (Leviathan) Beastmen dailies!

Stuart444

Another Coil screencap:

iby5i0WJVDYEsq.png

2.2 and beyond:

FireVoa

Did T5 get nerfed at all? Or just lock removal?

Edit: Higher ilv won't save you from doing T5 mechanics incorrectly (twisters, dive bombs...etc.). Just making sure to mention that.

GraveRobberX

I want that Sahagin minion NOW!

Did T5 get nerfed at all? Or just lock removal?

Lock removal + new ilvl gears being added in, so the old content will be easier to bypass

Better gear = fuck the mechanics, just zerg, make mistakes and still recover

FireVoa

They didn't mention nerfs specific to turn 5, but they're adding the echo buff, and the extra gear from the new 2.2 content will have a higher ilvl so it should make it even easier that way.

Yeah but you cant get 6-9 without going through 5 anyway... But this echo buff would mean you wipe until you can theoretically beat it (unless the group you're in is beyond hopeless).

Aeana

Yeah but you cant get 6-9 without going through 5 anyway... But this echo buff would mean you wipe until you can theoretically beat it (unless the group you're in is beyond hopeless).

Amdapor Ruins will also give new tomestones that lead to higher level gear, so the new turns of Coil aren't the only source of high level gear.

GraveRobberX

New Allagan Tomestones, most likely for AF2 and the Coil gear that drops from 6-9
Mix and match again!

FireVoa

Amdapor Ruins will also give new tomestones that lead to higher level gear, so the new turns of Coil aren't the only source of high level gear.

Yeah I edited late, the defining factor will be how much does the new ilv gear circumvent difficult mechanics.

Kenai

I hope they add a bit more variety to the gear stats going forward. 90% of my SCH BiS being from the tome vendor was kinda boring/dumb, while I'm sure WHM didn't like having to ignore it all and hope for Allagan (as an example).

Aeana

Yeah I edited late, the defining factor will be how much does the new ilv gear circumvent difficult mechanics.

What I expect is that the new gear + echo buff will make it so, for example, getting hit by divebombs won't be as dangerous, and death sentence won't be as dangerous either. I think that'll be enough for a lot of groups to get through it.

Azrael

Brayflox is my favorite dungeon, so great to see it's getting a Hard Mode. I thought for sure they would add Sashtasha with Leviathan.

FireVoa

What I expect is that the new gear + echo buff will make it so, for example, getting hit by divebombs won't be as dangerous, and death sentence won't be as dangerous either. I think that'll be enough for a lot of groups to get through it.

The difficulty of dive bombs is positioning since the wall is OHKO regardless of ilv. Secondly, the Twisters are OHKO too I believe? So it's just mechanics like that which still prevent groups from doing T5 for whatever reason.

Aeana

The difficulty of dive bombs is positioning since the wall is OHKO regardless of ilv. Secondly, the Twisters are OHKO too I believe? So it's just mechanics like that which still prevent groups from doing T5 for whatever reason.

The difficulty of divebombs also comes from timing and some people just don't react quite fast enough. As for twisters, they already nerfed them hard. I dunno what else they could do.

Kenai

I was kinda hoping they'd talk about crafting/housing more (I noticed they mentioned new advanced recipes but eh). Maybe there's still hope though.

FireVoa

The difficulty of divebombs also comes from timing and some people just don't react quite fast enough. As for twisters, they already nerfed them hard. I dunno what else they could do.

Yeah I'm not expecting much, you either get the mechanics down because no amount of gear will save/carry you to 6-9 otherwise. Oh well, lots of good info otherwise. The patch should be great whenever it drops!

chrono01

I welcome our easy mode overlords.
Haha, indeed!

I'm kind of hoping that the buff will be optional, since I prefer to beat content as it was meant to be. Although honestly, we should have Turn 5 completed by the time of patch 2.2, so having the buff to power through earlier content [for those loot drops!] would definitely be appreciated, especially when you have luck as terrible as mine. >_<

FireVoa

Haha, indeed!

I'm kind of hoping that the buff will be optional, since I prefer to beat content as it was meant to be. Although honestly, we should have Turn 5 completed by the time of patch 2.2, so having the buff to power through earlier content [for those loot drops!] would definitely be appreciated, especially when you have luck as terrible as mine. >_<

I'm not proud, I would take a win regardless over T5 so I could move onto 6-9 come 2.2. Besides, most of the top guilds were already bitter and mad that T5 was nerfed after Blue Gartr got world first, so no one else technically beat the content as it was intended besides them.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Haha, indeed!

I hope so. I need that allagan weapon :0

Aeana

Takai is maining warrior so it seems like they've got someone in their wheelhouse now. Probably why warrior got so many great changes in 2.1.
EDIT: Hahahaha, PS3 The Last Remnant will never be buried.

kiryogi

Banned
Same thing came to my mind, dunno why anyone would bother with CT anymore. Especially since you can run Coil so much faster.

Varying I guess, going into Coil with Darklight isn't the most efficient way of handling things, but then again these buffs, we'll see. The idea of CT in the first place was to prepare for Coil alongside with the myth gear. Progression should be Endgame hard -> CT -> Coil 1-5 -> Coil 6-9

Aeana

Same thing came to my mind, dunno why anyone would bother with CT anymore. Especially since you can run Coil so much faster.

Well, CT's gear is going to be fairly worthless once 2.2 hits anyway... but I think the fact that you can do CT and sleep through it will still appeal to people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom