• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asked this in the FC the other day...

What is the name of the music that plays as you enter Western Thanalan from Ul'dah? And is it 1.0 or ARR music (aka will it be on the new OST) since I loved that piece of music <3

Those are 2 new tracks for ARR. The theme for Thanalan was different in 1.0 and can be heard on Before Meteor.

Ken

Phew, a new page.

2.2 looks pretty interesting so far for sure. Although, I'm still a little worried about content. Solving T6-T9 will take some time for sure but after that?

Aeana

Amdapor Ruins
Brayflox HM
Halatali HM
Leviathan HM and EX
Sitting while Fishing
I think that the most concerning thing about this is that they're introducing a new type of tomestone but the number of places you can get it from is small again. It brings us back to a 2.0-style situation.

aceface

Amid all the new announcements I saw this....

You can remove the "echo" buff you get after you fail story missions, so I'd be surprised if you can't remove the buff if you want to keep failing at Coil until you learn it.

Wait you can remove the echo? How do you do that? I hate how they make me do easy mode.

Amid all the new announcements I saw this....

Wait you can remove the echo? How do you do that? I hate how they make me do easy mode.

You just right-click the icon and you'll lose the buff. I think you can drop any beneficial effect by right-clicking the effect icon, but I haven't tried it with protect, etc.

Ken

Amdapor Ruins
Brayflox HM
Halatali HM
Leviathan HM and EX
Sitting while Fishing

I really can't say Pharos Sirius, Copperbell HM, and Haukke HM were ''long lasting content'' and I fear the same with the 2.2 equivalents. I'm even tired of the current EMs a month in.

Of course if those are our repeatable sources for the new currency then I'll run them out of necessity.

kiryogi

Banned
I really can't say Pharos Sirius, Copperbell HM, and Haukke HM were ''long lasting content'' and I fear the same with the 2.2 equivalents. I'm even tired of the current EMs a month in.

Of course if those are our repeatable sources for the new currency then I'll run them out of necessity.

That's the idea, AR will be the new AK

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.

Problem with those dungeons was they took already existed gear from AK and shoved it into the 3 new dungeons released
So it wasn't worth doing them for gear most people already stockpiled by running AK an ungodly amount of time

I mean there are a few pieces that are new to the dungeons, but their still ilvl60 gear
You can amass so much philosophy tomes easily, that you bypass all that going straight to DarkLight

If Bray and Hala still drop gear lower that the current ilvl cap, most won't go after it
The Turn 1-5 flood gates will open, most will try to gear out all jobs to ilvl90 and progress from there
On one side it's awesome, but with-in a month or two, Turn 1-5 will be barren as fuck

I mean CT sometimes gets like this, get in on Monday-Wednesday, you'll get queues up hella' fast, but later down the week, the timer takes awhile to group everyone up (god forbid someone backs out, play the commence gauntlet for the next 5 minutes)

Ken

I could only see myself running those dungeons repeatedly for vanity (see Brayflox NM). If it's i70-i89 gear with recycled models then no thanks.

chrono01

Mirage Prism, please.

ibxotCyqWlVfFo.gif

UrSuLeTzU

Exciting news. With all content done except T5 I was starting to feel a bit burnt out but seems 2.2 will remedy that, at least until we get a proper expansion.

BLCKATK

Yeeeeah that new coil looks amazing, I spent the last couple days looking all over the world for where the new entrance would be, saw this particular place and realized there wasn't a way to reach it in game yet. I didn't imagine that this would be the new area! I'm really excited about it and I can't wait to see the progression of the story + new harder content.

UrSuLeTzU

Hmm, I wonder if a legendary fishing rod will drop from Leviathan, something to replace regular loot like nightmare does, that would be cool and would make me finish leveling my fisher xD

I know they mentioned the vanity system, but did they elaborate exactly how it would work? I didn't see anything except one line on a slide, but I might've missed it.

UrSuLeTzU

I will laugh so hard when you realize you like playing SCH better and gimp your SMN so you will have no choice but to go back BLM. You should always bet on black, anywayz :p

I enjoy both Scholar and Summoner, and there's too many Blackmages anyhow so I don't need to ever play the class.

I'm still trying to decide what is more boring: Crafting or a Black Mage.

What exactly do you find so boring in a BLM? And you misunserstand my meaning, I geared SMN with alagan until i88 then used that gear on my BLM and took it to i90 so I could have a geared SCH at my disposal. It's so much better to have both a healer and a caster at the ready without having to reallocate stats imo.

Coil DF is pretty awesome news for me. Wasn't looking forward to organizing parties for it.
Stuff like Chimera or Hydra were a pain for me to lfg for.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
There might be, but I think there's plenty in 2.2. 2.1 ended up being larger than planned because so many things got shoved into it.

Well, you have to look at it through the FFXIV filter.

New dungeons
- People will do them once then quit when they appear in lotto.
- What will they offer? Based on the previous dungeons, they offer very little lore and very few rewards.

Levi
- Obviously for story and such which is cool.
- What will EX offer?

Coil
- More Coil is good.
- Opening T1-5 just destroyed everything else. Why would I want to spend my time in dungeons and CT now, when I could spend my time learning and clearing Coil for better drops and preparing for T6-9?

Moggle Mog EX
- What could this possibly offer me after I beat it once.

Beast Dailies
- Wheee...

See, they are sort of poisoning their own content with the WoW style progression. Since there is nothing interesting on gear (JA Enhancements, etc) outside of Coil, why wouldn't I just...do Coil?

I appreciate the addition to content but because of how stupid they handle gear in this game, they cut themselves off at the knees before they even start. They need to start getting inventive with gear throughout all this content instead of centralizing it in one place.

Right now, I'm pinning my hopes on the story campaign being any sort of good.

Teknoman

I need to do Pharos before this nerf. It seems like everything challenging gets nerfed at some point or another >_>

Was Demon Wall nerfed at any point? I enjoyed the hectic feel of the fight last night, and while it was definitely challenging to keep moving and concentrate of the task at hand, it didnt feel unfair or some progression barrier.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Hmmm...

I hope there is more to 2.2 than this.

2.1 Recycled Content

2.2 Older Content, Locks and Chains removed, Old Content = New Content

2.3 "Hoping Everything is BRAND NEW* (Watch them release, Primals Ultimate, 1 death in Party = Insta-Wipe)

aceface

They announced before that as they introduce new high level content, old content is going to be continually nerfed to "allow all players to enjoy it" or something along those lines, so it's not really a surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom