• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrDogg

It and Brayflox are still difficult compared to the stuff that comes before, and some of what comes after. I wish they hadn't nerfed the bees however.

Eh... I didn't think Qarn was difficult in the first place with a PLD tank. You can stun the bees before the first boss to avoid Final Sting. Ranged DPS and the healer can avoid Doom completely once you reach the first boss, and the bees there die very quickly, but can also be stunned.

The last boss could be difficult, but with the camera positioned overhead and zoomed out, dodging the lasers was pretty easy. Get a decent healer and make sure your DPS know to get inside the boxes and you're fine.

...and after typing all of that out I see that yes, Qarn is harder than the dungeons that come before it. lol

I'm in the same boat. never ran Sirios and Arum Vale because I never had a reason to. I don't think I'll ever make it into those dungeons.

This is my concern. You run WP or AK for the i55 drops until you're geared well-enough to run Haukke Manor or Copperbell for the i60 drops. There's no reason at all to run any other dungeon at endgame aside from Coil and CT for the i80 and i90 gear.

SE really needs to adjust the reward for some of these dungeons if they want people to run them. I can breeze through Haukke Manor HM. Why would I run the more difficult Sirius dungeon?

Stuart444

There's no reason at all to run any other dungeon at endgame aside from Coil and CT for the i80 and i90 gear.

Personally for me, I have a reason to run them once for the experience of running them. Besides that, you're probably right. I just hit 50 today so I'm just getting a start on the endgame grind and all now.

FinKL

Ok, I'm stuck on Ifrit Extreme as a WHM and have to say this is the hardest fight I've ever done (haven't done T5 yet). Even worst is everyone expects a 1-shot, but I've got like 7 hours over 3 days under my belt so I'm "experienced" enough I think. Titan EX is a predictable pattern, but the Searing and the fact that I can't get close to tanks/DPS is just awful because I'm out of range of tanks on certain tank swaps OR I can't AOE heal the DPS with Medica due to Searing.

iLvl86 so I'm geared, but I just can't keep everyone up.

I've done static healer positions and DPS rotates depending on who has Searing without luck and also tried Healer rotates to left/W of Ifrit that is about to get Searing at start of nail phase. I do prefer this method though, as if it's me to the right of Ifrit by the start of nail phase, I can Swiftcast Medica2 driveby to get into W position. But obviously, sometimes the tank dies because I'm moving and I cant stop in the middle to cure since Searing will apply soon.

So I'm at a loss at the optimal method, and was wondering if any other WHM have tips/specific spells at certain phases? Also, still confused on placement of Ifrit Charges? I always think I know it, and i'll get Searing and run into the group (if tagging behind) or the other healer

Some tips I've learned:
-Toss Regen on healer who has Searing
-If the other healer has Searing, I have free reign to be where I want for a few seconds before I need to find a good spot that is away from rotating DPS. I try to Med2 the group and get into position here.
-Stoneskin negates pushback from that AOE move.
-Always Cure2 on 2 stacks of a tank, can't tell you how many times I've seen a tank just die the next few seconds even though they are 3/4 HP
-Medica2 after Hellfire Jump as the HOT should heal everyone during the Charges that are about to appear. MP is to die for in this fight so I'm trying to save my Cure3s

WolvenOne

Mmm, another group got Twin down huh? Thats great, congratulations. XD

Hope our group can get in some good Twin practice soon. I'm eager to make some headway there. :)

Paprikka

Ok, I'm stuck on Ifrit Extreme as a WHM and have to say this is the hardest fight I've ever done (haven't done T5 yet). Even worst is everyone expects a 1-shot, but I've got like 7 hours over 3 days under my belt so I'm "experienced" enough I think. Titan EX is a predictable pattern, but the Searing and the fact that I can't get close to tanks/DPS is just awful because I'm out of range of tanks on certain tank swaps OR I can't AOE heal the DPS with Medica due to Searing.

I've done static healer positions and DPS rotates depending on who has Searing without luck and also tried Healer rotates to left/W of Ifrit that is about to get Searing at start of nail phase. I do prefer this method though, as if it's me to the right of Ifrit by the start of nail phase, I can Swiftcast Medica2 driveby to get into W position. But obviously, sometimes the tank dies because I'm moving and I cant stop in the middle to cure since Searing will apply soon.

So I'm at a loss at the optimal method, and was wondering if any other WHM have tips/specific spells at certain phases? Also, still confused on placement of Ifrit Charges? I always think I know it, and i'll get Searing and run into the group (if tagging behind) or the other healer

Some tips I've learned:
-If the other healer has Searing, I have free reign to be where I want for a few seconds before I need to find a good spot that is away from rotating DPS. I try to Med2 the group and get into position here.
-Always Cure2 on 2 stacks of a tank, can't tell you how many times I've seen a tank just die the next few seconds even though they are 3/4 HP
-Medica2 after Hellfire Jump as the HOT should heal everyone during the Charges that are about to appear. MP is to die for in this fight so I'm trying to save my Cure3s

I've beat it a few times now so I'll try and offer my perspective on some of the parts you're having trouble with.

First I always focus the other healer so I can keep an eye on his debuff timer. The last aoe pulse happens at 5 seconds left, so anytime after that you can start to switch. This lets you stagger the run over too if you need to stop and heal the tank in the middle, without worrying about hitting the dps.

If you find yourself out of range of the tanks just edge closer along the outside of the arena. The range for heals is big enough you shouldn't worry about hitting them. The only time I'm out of range is during the plumes/charge part, but that's by choice.

The person to get searing in between plumes and charges will always be the one that didn't have it right at the end of the nail phase as he jumps up for hellfire. So if that's me I'll make sure everyone is topped off, then head to the far plume safe spot. If you cut it close make sure you only get hit by one plume, you'll live as long as you're not low. The other option is to stack with everyone, but as soon as plumes go off you need to start running as searing is the first thing he uses after plumes.

With charges, if you're in the far position you'll want to stack on the last clone in the line, then start running clockwise as soon as the first one charges. Your debuff will wear off as soon as charges are finished, so don't forget to swap there.

As for the nail phase, I haven't had too much trouble keeping everyone up with medica II and the occasional medica I. Don't be afraid to divine seal a medica II as well. This is also another part where focusing the healer and watching their timer comes in handy, as it'll give you enough time to refresh medica II before running off.

Hopefully some of that helps, it's definitely a busy fight for healers.

WolvenOne

Depending on how things turn out tonight, I may try to put together a Titan EX learning group together. I've gotten past Heart Phase, but haven't gotten through a single cycle of that last phase yet. I'll likely be helping some family members leveling their classes for awhile though, so I guess I'll see how it goes.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Depending on how things turn out tonight, I may try to put together a Titan EX learning group together. I've gotten past Heart Phase, but haven't gotten through a single cycle of that last phase yet. I'll likely be helping some family members leveling their classes for awhile though, so I guess I'll see how it goes.

Tanking in that fight is surprisingly easy (even on mob pickup duty). It took some learning to get it done on my DRG; but the first time going in on my WAR, the party just 1 shot it.

Mupod

Depending on how things turn out tonight, I may try to put together a Titan EX learning group together. I've gotten past Heart Phase, but haven't gotten through a single cycle of that last phase yet.

that's actually pretty normal, once people can consistently keep it together during that first bomb drop during adds you're close to winning. But it'll take a while and people will die to the ring of bombs during heart phase a lot before you can even get reliable attempts at it.

As a tank you need to get very comfortable with dodging awkward landslides so getting a feel for when they're coming is important. Also, if you're on adds, steel cyclone is the best thing ever. You might think your aggro is fine but when a mountain buster'd tank gets benediction then you better not have wasted provoke when pulling the adds when they first spawn.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
that's actually pretty normal, once people can consistently keep it together during that first bomb drop during adds you're close to winning. But it'll take a while and people will die to the ring of bombs during heart phase a lot before you can even get reliable attempts at it.

As a tank you need to get very comfortable with dodging awkward landslides so getting a feel for when they're coming is important. Also, if you're on adds, steel cyclone is the best thing ever. You might think your aggro is fine but when a mountain buster'd tank gets benediction then you better not have wasted provoke when pulling the adds when they first spawn.

All I had to do as a WAR was Steel Cyclone the West add, move to the east edge, and overpower both ads until agro was solid. I remember doing this fight as a DPS and seeing so many tanks have a really hard time with the adds, but it was crazy easy to lock down that agro and position them when I tried it.

Ken

I uploaded a Titan EM kill a few days ago and it's heart to end from tank pov. Hope it helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0Gj-kVIStY

All I had to do as a WAR was Steel Cyclone the West add, move to the east edge, and overpower both ads until agro was solid. I remember doing this fight as a DPS and seeing so many tanks have a really hard time with the adds, but it was crazy easy to lock down that agro and position them when I tried it.

Your party needs to know not to start bombing the right add while you are busy pulling the left add or it won't work nearly as well as you said. I lost count of the number of times in some groups where I snagged the left add, was running to the right add, and then it just takes off for the party and I have to chase it. If that happens the run is basically fucked because you can't waste your Provoke to get it back fast, the bombs are going off, the adds are mini-landsliding the party, and then plumes. Oh and the adds tank needs to get to Titan to relieve the tank before 3 stacks, and there isn't a lot of arena where you can safely drop nacho cheese when the adds die. This is why most parties wipe immediately after the heart, and it's super easy with your static but it can be impossible in a random party.

Ken

Your party needs to know not to start bombing the right add while you are busy pulling the left add or it won't work nearly as well as you said. I lost count of the number of times in some groups where I snagged the left add, was running to the right add, and then it just takes off for the party and I have to chase it. If that happens the run is basically fucked because you can't waste your Provoke to get it back fast, the bombs are going off, the adds are mini-landsliding the party, and then plumes. Oh and the adds tank needs to get to Titan to relieve the tank before 3 stacks, and there isn't a lot of arena where you can safely drop nacho cheese when the adds die. This is why most parties wipe immediately after the heart, and it's super easy with your static but it can be impossible in a random party.

Honestly if it's already red aggro on your target bar from an emnity move, don't chase it. This game has a weird priority system with aggro or maybe it's caused by lag. It seems like if the mob's action is to move towards an enemy, but you establish hate on it as it starts its movement, it will finish its movement or even the queued up attack on the target and then return to you. Of course if you didn't put down an emnity move on it try it before instantly going to provoke; you might be understimating your emnity generation versus one GCD of your party. There's a pretty decent amount of time between gaolers and the next landslide from Titan, which is all the time you need to obtain hate even if it gets weird in the first few seconds.

But yes, almost everything is harder with pugs.
Except Garuda EM.

desu

This is why most parties wipe immediately after the heart, and it's super easy with your static but it can be impossible in a random party.

Basically why I stopped playing with randoms. I rather play once a week with people from my FC (well ex primals) which is still 10 times more effective than all the pug parties out there, at least for me as I had only bad experience for all these easy fights.

Lucis

Basically why I stopped playing with randoms. I rather play once a week with people from my FC (well ex primals) which is still 10 times more effective than all the pug parties out there, at least for me as I had only bad experience for all these easy fights.

Not everyone has a group like that, and for some higher end folks who doesn't need anything, they will do those primal once a week and be done with it. I am getting pretty tired pugging all ex every week (i guess i got lucky this week and didn't have to pug titan).

Gonna try to make a group or something

studyguy

Guy's I'm pulling.
Oh god no, I'm still in my parka! Shiiiiiiiiit!

Oh... And that's how you end up tanking Garuda EX in random armor and win. With an FC.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Did the summoner quest today and felt like a bit of a dunce after. Was having trouble with it and died a couple of times. Wasn't sure what I was doing wrong, as I was nailing my dots, not letting things drop off while getting out ruin and not letting my pet die only to get one shot by mini Ifrit's super move in the end. So, I look up strategies to get past it, and turns out all I had to do was spam ruin. >_<

With that, I've got my Ifrit-egi now. What's Summoners here's opinion on the best pet to use in dungeons while I level going forward? Should I use Ifrit or stick with Emerald Carbunkle? It seems opinions are pretty split from the searches I've done elsewhere.

Even though his dps is a little lower, I stuck with Carbuncle since its long range and it learns Contagion at 40, which extends dots by 15 seconds. The dots it works with are Bio, Bio 2, Miasma and Miasma 2.

Zomba13

Did the summoner quest today and felt like a bit of a dunce after. Was having trouble with it and died a couple of times. Wasn't sure what I was doing wrong, as I was nailing my dots, not letting things drop off while getting out ruin and not letting my pet die only to get one shot by mini Ifrit's super move in the end. So, I look up strategies to get past it, and turns out all I had to do was spam ruin. >_<

With that, I've got my Ifrit-egi now. What's Summoners here's opinion on the best pet to use in dungeons while I level going forward? Should I use Ifrit or stick with Emerald Carbunkle? It seems opinions are pretty split from the searches I've done elsewhere.

I didn't really dungeon much while leveling. Did the story dungeons and each dungeon once as I unlocked them but stuck to story quests and fate grinding between the gaps.

If you're doing dungeons and whatnot for leveling now that the dungeon exp is good I'd probably go with Ifrit for a bit to see how he does but carby does have range. Once you get Garuda though you won't really be using anything else. DPS is roughly the same as Ifrit I think but Garuda has better abilities.

Kenai

Some tips I've learned:

I'm a SCH so my spellcasts would be a little different but the important thing is to make sure you start to move when the Searing timer is down to 4 seconds so you have some leeway. Coordinate your swaps and spots beforehand so you know your positioning. There are very specific spots you will have to be as a healer depending on whether you have the debuff or not as well as what phase it is, and beyond that you are kinda stuck there and the rest of the group will have to work with you. You can definitely be in range of the rest of the group and heal them all while having the debuff most of the time, though. Shoud never need to be out of range of tanks unless you are the healer that has to move out to the back during plumes, and tank damage isn't heavy at that moment, or during charges of course

For my group, whoever gets the debuff first goes left up against the edge of arena while the other healer stays with the dps, then we swap at 4 secs so we have plenty of time. As healers we can just sidestep eruptions since they never target us. When nails appear our DPS start on the right side and go in a clockwise pattern killing them as they go. The healer with the debuff is on the far left side so by the time the dps reach there the debuff has swapped to the other healer on the right. Besides the nails phase I just mentioned it's really a matter of being to the side targeting tanks/ready to swap in or being with the dps so you can keep them up with aoes. Minimizing movement during swaps will keep the tanks out of danger (or if you have a SCH just keep one button on Lustrate :p)

As for the charge phase i actually kind of suck at that too but it's a 50% chance of whether you will be able to run with the group or not. If not then just stay to the opposite side of the arena as them. You can actually eat one charge and survive like I have multiple times (but I don't recommend it).

What iLevel would be good for a BLM to start running HM Garuda for her weapon?

I know the adds and plumes are DPS checks and I was running it i52 with a HQ i49 staff and helped too little in the damage department. I was hoping to get the Garuda staff to help with my damage, but I guess I need more DL gear to help with the fight to even get a chance at the weapon. Having the lowest HP out of anyone always hurts. I'm i54 now with new DL boots.

Current Equipment: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/5886017/

Thinking about starting a pug on Monday nights for those who don't have a group for Coil or who don't have the time to commit to a static. Know of any who would be interested?

Noi

Finally dipped my toes into the Binding Coil. Took us six hours to do so, but we managed to beat Turn 1 after multiple party arrangements with different people coming and going. I ended up beating it as Bard despite playing as a Paladin for the initial five hours and a half. Feels good to down it in one night + get started on this.

Now to pray that the RNG gods are nice to me.

Feels so good to finally down all three primal extremes.

Some tips I've learned:

If you're on first Ifrit charge side and you have searing, run clockwise and stay ahead of the group. The other healer should be following the group. If you're on the opposite side of the first Ifrit charge, move to the 4th Ifrit and wait until the first Ifrit charges before moving.

If you have searing and you need to heal the group during nail phase, use cure 3. All the dps should be stacked up and moving as a unit so it should heal all of them to full.

Reduce the damage tanks take by using Eye for an Eye if you have it and keep them topped off. Ifrit doing multiple incinerates in a row, especially during final phase, really hurts.

Good luck!

Official OST is coming, finally!

When? I want to buy it asap.

What iLevel would be good for a BLM to start running HM Garuda for her weapon?

I know the adds and plumes are DPS checks and I was running it i52 with a HQ i49 staff and helped too little in the damage department. I was hoping to get the Garuda staff to help with my damage, but I guess I need more DL gear to help with the fight to even get a chance at the weapon. Having the lowest HP out of anyone always hurts. I'm i54 now with new DL boots.

Current Equipment: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/5886017/

Better advice, get some more gear so you can survive HM Titan and just beat all the HM primals to get your relic. The drop rate is meh and you could fight them forever until your weapon drops. I always ended up getting primal weapons after I got my relic.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
When? I want to buy it asap.

Better advice, get some more gear so you can survive HM Titan and just beat all the HM primals to get your relic. The drop rate is meh and you could fight them forever until your weapon drops. I always ended up getting primal weapons after I got my relic.

They didn't say. Just revealed it on the test stream.

WolvenOne

I uploaded a Titan EM kill a few days ago and it's heart to end from tank pov. Hope it helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0Gj-kVIStY

Thanks, I shall study it meticulously. Honestly, from a pure tanking perspective, the fight doesn't seem as hard as Ruda, (though it looks harder in every other conceivable way,) getting practice on that fight is a sonava gun though! DF groups seem to rarely make it too heart, let alone past it. Most other groups want people whom have already passed it though, so the number of avenues to get good practice on your tasks seems really narrow.

Still haven't seen the blasted Super Bombs yet, augh!!

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Well let's see how this LL goes

Edot: Heh, give tanks a mount so people would play that class... LOL!
Very LTTP

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
S size houses getting a little bigger
Adding in a basement for airship building

EditL Yoshi doesn't realize a lot of people just log in to do beastmen dailies due to it being content that you can do on a daily basis
Chasing the fill that XP bar and receive reward

Play beastmen dailies casually, LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom