• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - PS4 Beta |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never touched an mmo before, a little intimidated but can't resist all the good things I'm hearing

i am the same way, but this game has hooked me and i am on my fifth consecutive paid month. Great MMO for noobs and people who usually dont enjoy them. theres just a great balance in it proving that traditional mmo format is still king for a reason.

f@luS

More than a member.
Download yday on us store. The bêta is worldwide right ? Or should i download it again through eu store

Number45

i am the same way, but this game has hooked me and i am on my fifth consecutive paid month. Great MMO for noobs and people who usually dont enjoy them. theres just a great balance in it proving that traditional mmo format is still king for a reason.
I'm just looking forward to playing it on a pad, and sat comfortably (I know these two things aren't console exclusive, but my ageing PC setup doesn't allow it). I prefer third person on a pad (coming from someone who's played a good deal of WoW).

Looks like the UI is well thought out as well. Will delve into that at some point.

Madchad

PS Vita Remote Play — craft, gather, and play wherever you go.

Is more than enough reason to snatch a cheap ps3 version right now for a free upgrade to PS4 one.

Providing you have a vita and PS4 ofc.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Yup, as long as the account has been logged into at least once you can transfer your account service to the PS4.
Dang, I guess I should do that soon.

Maybe I should wait until launch so it doesn't use up my free month...

Number45

Dang, I guess I should do that soon.

Maybe I should wait until launch so it doesn't use up my free month...
Yeah, it caught me by surprise as well. Figured I might as well give it a go. Picked up a Steam key which added an extra month as well.

Set yourself a reminder (and keep an eye out for possible cut-off dates)!

Gaz_RB

I'm so damn excited for this. Heard nothing but good things and I'm so glad an RPG is coming out for PS4 finally. Something I'll actually want to play on my vita...

Does the beta extend until the release of the game? That would be amazing.

Oh, duh it's in the OT. 7 days isn't too bad.

Hastati

Anyone have any recommended Japanese servers (and is GAF on any of them)? Moving over there next week and bringing my ps4, not sure where to jump in.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone have any recommended Japanese servers (and is GAF on any of them)? Moving over there next week and bringing my ps4, not sure where to jump in.
There's a list of active GAF servers in the OP. Durandal seems to be the only active JP server.

Anyone know where the Lamia server is based?

Kodros

I didn't see this in the OP but if you are transferring from the PS3, you can start playing early. Transfers start on April 11th so you will be able to play from the 11th to the 13th. Then it of course opens up to everybody on the 14th.

How is leveling as a non DPS spec in this game?

It's pretty easy for non-dps classes/jobs due to fast queue times in the Duty Finder system. In the last patch they increased experience gained through dungeons by quite a bit, so you'll always have that to fall back on if you feel like killing things are a bit slow while questing.

Is there some sort of dual speccing, or is it okay?

Outside of one class/job combination (Arcanist -> Scholar/Summoner), everything is pretty straight forward and linear in regards to specs (jobs) and attributes currently. Once they introduce more jobs for each class, I'm sure that sort of talk will start to carry more weight.

Aesthet1c

Are there any limits to this beta?

I have an inactive account with a lvl 30 Dragoon. It would be fun if I could hop in and play him for a bit. I understand I can only do that during phase 2, but I just remember the initial PC beta you couldn't lvl past 20 or something.

Raoh

Do I need to delete and redownload?

Gives me an "Unable to Complete Version Check" error every time I launch it...

King_Moc

Banned
Are there any current players on the Sargatanas server? I just got the game a few days ago.

Yeah, there's a GAF Free Company on there. Message kiryogi (Eithne Rain), Ravidrath (Ravidrath Astolph), Omlet (Mishaela Aveeli) for details. They should have plenty of space if you want in.

Raoh

The beta hasn't started yet.

ahh, glad I checked here before deleting and restarting. Thanks.

I need to check where I stand, I bought the FFXIV Collectors Edition when it first came out, my character reached 15 or something like that and I don't remember what else I've done with the ffxiv universe since on the pc.

I need to know if I can move my character/world or if I need to start over. My hope/goal is to start over but sell off anything I've earned to use for a nice fresh start. I got an old ffxi friend who plays regularly who wants me to join up again.

Jomjom

Banned
PS Vita Remote Play — craft, gather, and play wherever you go.

Is more than enough reason to snatch a cheap ps3 version right now for a free upgrade to PS4 one.

Providing you have a vita and PS4 ofc.

You forgot to mention extreme mode Titan via Vita Remote Play!

klee123

Guess I might try out Marauder for this beta, since chances are PLD will keep me happy on my main character, tanking wise.

I love that this game has mouse and keyboard support.

Still will use DS4. But awesome it supports that.

so when does January 22nd hit in Japanese Standard Time?

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
Cant see to be able to download it from the Europe store.

*edit* nevermind I sorted it out now *edit*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom