• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - PS4 Beta |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

f@luS

More than a member.
i deleted by mistake and cant find it on US store anymore (and nothing on eu )

is it gone???

Number45

This plays surprisingly well on a pad (although now a that I think about it, I haven't touched combat yet). The extra pixels in the PS4 version will be most welcome.

Can someone confirm if the PS4 version fills a 1080p screen properly? PS3 is slightly bigger than my screen (set at one to one), which is really irritating. There's no display option to change it... and the general consensus for a fix is to move the HUD around. WTF?

Quasar

So I installed it but it keeps getting stuck when I try and start it. It fails on the version check at the start and I just get a 'Unable to complete version check[20447][500]' error.

Neverfade

Are there different starting zones ala FFXI? If so do you get to pick or is it based on race/etc?

What level do you have to be to upgrade a class to a job?

Angelcurio

Finally downloaded the client, and I must say that the game is quite big. When I started downloading it, the game weighed around 11 GB, but after the install it says that the game size is 38 GB.

MilkBeard

Woohoo, I jumped on the beta train last night. Download took me approximately 45 mins. I'm pretty pumped to be able to try this game for free.

This is my first post on NeoGAF!!

I joined NeoGAF with the goal of finding a fun community to join up with on FF14 when it launches on PS4.

I was playing on PC but the lack of a dedicated group of people to play with left me feeling lonely...

Also I really want to play with a controller, stream my gameplay and do crafting on Vita when I am not leveling/raiding. So it ends up being a great chance to start over!

I am decently experienced with the game itself (I have a white mage in his mid-30's) so if anyone has some questions about gameplay etc let me know!

Let's get to adventurin'!

Wow GAF has a FC on Ragnarak, hopefully I can join and no longer be forever alone. I have FFXIV on PC but have been waiting for PS4 release to get into it properly and drag a few friends with me.

Is GAF setting up on a specific server for this beta test once the server names are up?

Gaz_RB

I joined NeoGAF with the goal of finding a fun community to join up with on FF14 when it launches on PS4.

I was playing on PC but the lack of a dedicated group of people to play with left me feeling lonely...

Also I really want to play with a controller, stream my gameplay and do crafting on Vita when I am not leveling/raiding. So it ends up being a great chance to start over!

I am decently experienced with the game itself (I have a white mage in his mid-30's) so if anyone has some questions about gameplay etc let me know!

Welcome to gaf, homie.

dreamfall

Wondering if I should buy it on Steam- while it's on sale! Or just DL the beta to the PS4- decisions!

Can I transfer freely between the two? I guess I should get to downloading it- those PSN dl speeds...

RK9039

Please be my fishing partner.

Man

FF14 was maybe always destined to bloom & rise on the PS4. I reckon it will be hugely successful on that platform in particular due to it's timing/quality/ip.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member

Hey dude! Good to have ya here.

FF14 was maybe always destined to bloom & rise on the PS4. I reckon it will be hugely successful on that platform in particular due to it's timing/quality/ip.
I've never had a PS3 and I hate PC gaming, so I personally would never have had a chance to try it out otherwise. It's perfect for me!

Yazuka

I'm sorry if this has been asked, but could I use Party to speak with the people I'm playing with? I don't have much experience playing online and even less experience playing mmorpg.

Two questions that I am sure have been answered in other threads:

Is everyone on PS4 on the same server? Anyone making a new GAF FC?

If you have purchased this on the PC, can your transfer the license and just pick up the $13/month fee?

Isaccard

If you have purchased this on the PC, can your transfer the license and just pick up the $13/month fee?

Once the characters roll over most everyone will be joiningthe rest if GAF on Ultros. There are already established Free Company's on multiple servers so I don't see why a new one would be created.

King_Moc

Banned
I'm sorry if this has been asked, but could I use Party to speak with the people I'm playing with? I don't have much experience playing online and even less experience playing mmorpg.

Do you mean PS4 party chat? I'm not sure about that. The in game text chat options let you speak to people in your Free Company (guild, can only be in one of these), Linkshells (these are kind of like saved chat channels, i think you can be in upto 8) or party (people you're physically grouped up with at that time.

PS4 will have the same servers as PC, so it may be best to join an existing server, unless PS4 folks decide to go their own way. I believe if you purchase it on PS4, you can just log into your existing characters account from the PC version exactly as if you were playing on PC.

jiggle

You can play on, and jump between, any platforms that are registered to an account
except ps3 -> free ps4 version

Gammacide

Can't wait to jump into this over the weekend! So glad they are letting all of us get in on the beta! This should look a dream on PS4.

CaLe

I bought the PS3 version awhile back when it was on rebate, should I register it now to be able to get the PS4 version for free ?

Or can I wait until release ?

Logash

I bought the PS3 version awhile back when it was on rebate, should I register it now to be able to get the PS4 version for free ?

Or can I wait until release ?

I think you can wait. The only thing you ave to do is log on at least once on the PS3.

Do you mean PS4 party chat? I'm not sure about that. The in game text chat options let you speak to people in your Free Company (guild, can only be in one of these), Linkshells (these are kind of like saved chat channels, i think you can be in upto 8) or party (people you're physically grouped up with at that time.

PS4 will have the same servers as PC, so it may be best to join an existing server, unless PS4 folks decide to go their own way. I believe if you purchase it on PS4, you can just log into your existing characters account from the PC version exactly as if you were playing on PC.

Excellent. Thanks guys.

Yazuka

Yeah, I meant PS4 party chat. I don't want to text the people I play with, I would like to talk to them if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom