• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - PS4 Beta |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torraz

Can't find the client on the US or EU PSN store. Also when I click on the webstore links I only get a "not found" error.

Is it down or am I doing something horribly wrong?

I still have a shrink wrapped ps 3 copy of the PAL version of the game that I want to use to upgrade to the PS 4 version.

Man

Anyone still hoping they will be able to play FF14 PS4 this weekend... lol.

SE servers will burn and melt before being swallowed by a black hole.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member

Yup, I'm worried about that, too. I just edited the OP with a little cautionary message, hah.

Isaccard

I don't think it will be too much of any issue, this isint SE's first rodeo as far as this is concerned and they've already taken multiple steps to alleviate something like this from happening before. Consider yourselfs lucky, and imagine what it was like during Open beta, and early access for the games relaunch.

Gaz_RB

It'll be nice to play an MMO at a playable framerate. My laptop is pretty good for gaming, but MMO's just devour my CPU during those huge battles.

I think you overestimate the amount of people with PS4's that will try to play the beta at launch.

Remember that the install base is still relatively small.

AmyS

My PS4 is ready, but I'm not.

Probably gonna be sooo very lost. Never played an MMO game before. <-- edit

The only online RPG I ever played was the very, very first version of Phantasy Star Online on Dreamcast in early 2001.

Thankfully for me, this OT is great.

spectyre

Probably gonna be sooo very lost. Never played an MMO game more.

The only online RPG I ever played was the very, very first version of Phantasy Star Online on Dreamcast in early 2001.

I'm glad I won't be the only one.

I played for a bit on PS3 when it released. I liked it but I was pretty confused most of the time. I only played by myself. Hopefully I'll be able to join up with some patient Gaffers.

I don't know why I am so excited for this, I have been playing FFXIV since the original testing in 1.0, I got every DoW/DoM to 50 and then quit a few months before the servers got taken down for the relaunch with ARR. I played in all the tests for ARR and started playing again once it launched but by the time it came to farming tomes I stopped playing again. I have a decent PC that can max out the settings and I can play FFXIV anytime I want on it but for some reason which I can't understand I just don't want to play it. However I am really excited about the idea of being able to play it on the PS4 but I don't know why, it's very strange but I am looking forward to it.

Ricker

Probably gonna be sooo very lost. Never played an MMO game more.

The tutorial in the game is pretty good,some people even say it's too long...in a way it lasts for the first 10 levels hehe...so you guys that never played a MMO should be fine...got to do/read those tutorials though... :p

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
The tutorial in the game is pretty good,some people even say it's too long...in a way it lasts for the first 10 levels hehe...so you guys that never played a MMO should be fine...got to do/read those tutorials though... :p
Oh really? That's awesome to hear. I feel pretty clueless and could use some hand holding.

Wagram

Probably letting my sub run out soon. Purchased 6 months at launch, but I hate what it is and what's to come. Only staying because i'm an FF fan, but it makes me miserable. Back to my backlog o/

Wagram

Why do you hate it?

Change in design to the more standard model. It's not a model I can support. Destroying content as quickly as it comes out, mindless tasks, and the such aren't appealing to me.

Kind of bites since i've been invested into the game since the original launch.

I got excited because I started the game again and usually got those 2 errors looped but this time it downloaded an update. When restarted it lets me agree to the terms for the beta

But now goes to a window saying the server is down for maintenance lol.

SO CLOSE!

I got excited because I started the game again and usually got those 2 errors looped but this time it downloaded an update. When restarted it lets me agree to the terms for the beta

But now goes to a window saying the server is down for maintenance lol.

SO CLOSE!

don't expect it to work tomorrow. you're better off just waiting lol.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Is there an exact time the beta will go up? It's on Japan time, and it'd be pretty awesome to be able to jump on sometime tomorrow.

Probably gonna be sooo very lost. Never played an MMO game before. <-- edit

if monster hunter doesn't count then i never played an MMO either haha, well i tried the FFXI demo on xbox 360 but just once

really interested in trying this

Mengetsu

I'v never played MMO's before so I'm going to try this but I can't see myself paying 15.00 a month for a game..I'm not saying it's wrong or anything just weird. I guess if I like it and made some friends who I can play with I'd consider it but after seeing and hearing some people talk about events and if not being there you get kicked from groups and what not I find it a turn off. If I'm busy with work or life and can't make an event I wouldn't want people mad and kicking me out for it I just wanna have fun.

Fehyd

Banned
It really is a pretty game, especially for an MMO.

Anxious to see how the two versions compare side-by-side.

h29.png

Korezo

I hope chat log with keyboard support is a second screen option for the vita or tablets, so it doesn't have to be on main display.

pooptest

5.5m~ potential FF14 players about to enter the scene... SE's servers melted at the release of the PC; they're really gonna fry now.

I hope it's pretty playable. I remember the first couple weeks of Behemoth / Odin... They'd disappear almost the entire time and hits/spells wouldn't proc at all. I haven't played in a couple months, so not sure if anything has changed regarding that.

pooptest

I play with a controller on PC. I do just fine.
You'll need a keyboard for typing, but you absolutely do not need it for playing.

Thus the invention of emotes. I can imagine how silent a lot of people will be playing on PS4, lol. Or just 1 or 2 word responses.

Jea Song

Did the right thing
ok not sure if this has been answered but gonna ask anyway.

I own FFXIV: RR on ps3 and played for a month or so.

Will I be able to log on to my account on the ps4 beta and play my character?

or is this beta for brand new characters?

5.5m~ potential FF14 players about to enter the scene... SE's servers melted at the release of the PC; they're really gonna fry now.

I hope it's pretty playable. I remember the first couple weeks of Behemoth / Odin... They'd disappear almost the entire time and hits/spells wouldn't proc at all. I haven't played in a couple months, so not sure if anything has changed regarding that.

Make that aprox 6.5 - 7million potential users (Japanese launch)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom