• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - PS4 Beta |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia

Anybody know if peeps who own the PS3 version and are moving up to PS4 will be allowed in during the early access period? I'll be playing on PC this week, but I can already tell I'll be missing the lack of remote play leading up to the proper PS4 release. lol

Yes, PS3 owners who upgrade will be allowed in early access.

Does anyone know how SE are going to support this game? I know there's a retail version and I'm assuming it contains everything we've played in the Beta (and more?) but how are they going to make it pay? Monthly fees? DLC? Both?

It's $13-15 a month, and the first 30 days are free. Every three months there will be a huge content patch (almost a mini expansion) with a full fledged expansion next year.

Jomjom

Banned
PSA: in case people didnt know Amazon preorder is giving the early access and preorder bonus item code immediately upon preorder.

Qvoth

Guys, I'm not a very savvy Strategic MMO player... So I was wondering.

So I'm a lancer, I'm dps right? Ok so I went to my first dungeon mission that is called "it's probably pirates" just north from aleport. So I got in a group and it was 1 tank, 2 healers and me the DPS. Ok so the thing is most of them got mad and one of them said "I don't heal DPS that pull" for what I understand of that is that I'm pulling mobs towards us, but in reality I wasn't. The tank was charging into action pulling the mobs and I always was running back taking my time and when I got to the place I tried to help him since he was constantly hitting 100hp.

Long story short: how should I deal with the next dungeon party I join? As I said before I'm not really the Einstein in this kinds of games

does the tank mark the targets? if he doesn't, then you should
mark as in putting the sign numbers 1,2,3

Managed to reach Level 10 before deciding to close up shop. Being a Pugilist is pretty damn fun. Also helps that the Guildmaster is pretty mellow and funny too. Now the waiting begins once again. Anyone plan on making a new OT for the PS4 version, or would it best to stick with the one in use in the Community section?

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
The game is around 15 bucks a month to play.

$30 for the game with 30 free days of game time, then $15/mo subscription. There will be expansion packs down the line.

It's $13-15 a month, and the first 30 days are free. Every three months there will be a huge content patch (almost a mini expansion) with a full fledged expansion next year.

Thanks, folks. That's just a tad too expensive for my tastes. It's a pity because I think this game is really good, but it's not '$30 up front and $15 a month' good. $210 altogether (for the first year)

Managed to reach Level 10 before deciding to close up shop. Being a Pugilist is pretty damn fun. Also helps that the Guildmaster is pretty mellow and funny too. Now the waiting begins once again. Anyone plan on making a new OT for the PS4 version, or would it best to stick with the one in use in the Community section?

Yeah Pugilist was my fav as well.

IMBored

Is there any way of making R1 quick press only switch between two predefined crossbars? It was fine when I only had to active crossbars, but now it's a mess. Also, is 4 the maximum number of message logs that can be open?

Really tempted to grab a vita so I can remote play this in bed.

Sophia

Is there any way of making R1 quick press only switch between two predefined crossbars? It was fine when I only had to active crossbars, but now it's a mess. Also, is 4 the maximum number of message logs that can be open?

Really tempted to grab a vita so I can remote play this in bed.

You can. It's called Set Selection and it's in the Character Configuration options under the Hotbar page.

setselectiontnsbj.png

IMBored

You can. It's called Set Selection and it's in the Character Configuration options under the Hotbar page.

That's great, I messed around with the settings but most of the stuff there is poorly explained.

Also, I think I'm gonna use the PS3 this week just for crafting. Can't give it up.

hoserx

Thanks, folks. That's just a tad too expensive for my tastes. It's a pity because I think this game is really good, but it's not '$30 up front and $15 a month' good. $210 altogether (for the first year)

It depends on how you play..... for me, FFXIV is the only game I play right now, so $15 a month for all of my gaming is pretty cheap..... if you want to play a couple hours here and there, among a bunch of other games, yeah, I could see where the $ adding up might make you think twice.

molnizzle

It depends on how you play..... for me, FFXIV is the only game I play right now, so $15 a month for all of my gaming is pretty cheap..... if you want to play a couple hours here and there, among a bunch of other games, yeah, I could see where the $ adding up might make you think twice.

Yeah, MMO's tend to take over your gaming habits. $12.99 a month is a fucking steal for as much as I play FFXIV. And I love that there's still a traditional MMO around that's not been infected by microtransactions. Even WoW is nasty about this now.

Square-Enix should be commended for this game's pricing model.

PSA: in case people didnt know Amazon preorder is giving the early access and preorder bonus item code immediately upon preorder.

wat

I pre-ordered last month and didn't get anything. Time to check my email I guess...

Yeah, MMO's tend to take over your gaming habits. $12.99 a month is a fucking steal for as much as I play FFXIV. And I love that there's still a traditional MMO around that's not been infected by microtransactions. Even WoW is nasty about this now.

wat

I pre-ordered last month and didn't get anything. Time to check my email I guess...

My first month is about to expire, so I'd like to know whether I should go with the standard sub or an entry one. What's the point of having more than 1 character? Since you can level any class you want, I don't see much point in playing an alt. Am I missing something here? And does 8 characters per service account mean? What's a service account and how is that different from the previous limit? And again what would be the point of that?

Steer me in the right direction GAF.

Assanova

wat

I just pre-ordered from them today, and they sent me an email with the promotional code.

Isaccard

My first month is about to expire, so I'd like to know whether I should go with the standard sub or an entry one. What's the point of having more than 1 character? Since you can level any class you want, I don't see much point in playing an alt. Am I missing something here? And does 8 characters per service account mean? What's a service account and how is that different from the previous limit? And again what would be the point of that?

Steer me in the right direction GAF.

Really, there is no point. If you sub for x monthes at a time in advance you'll get some veteran rewards based on how many consecutive days you've subbed for. Question is do you want them now, or later? Entry subs are 30 increments only. Having 8 characters means you can do the same (locked) content 8 times if you wish.

Really, there is no point. If you sub for x monthes at a time in advance you'll get some veteran rewards based on how many consecutive days you've subbed for. Question is do you want them now, or later? Entry subs are 30 increments only. Having 8 characters means you can do the same (locked) content 8 times if you wish.

Are they worthwhile? My sub ends today and I was thinking of resubing by the time the PS4 version launches, but if it's something cool I might do it today.

IMBored

So I have the beta, when will it stop?
Can I get an early access if I have PS3 version?

It should have stopped by now, and yes, there's early access to people transferring the license from PS3.

Wait, is the beta still on? I thought it ended this morning.

Sophia

Have they posted directions yet on how we will do this transfer, or how it works?

Not the specifics. However it will (and this is just a guess based upon how they've handled stuff so far) most likely involve linking your SE account with your PSN account on the PS3 version if you haven't already done so, then loading up the PS4 version to complete the process.

Mesharey

It should have stopped by now, and yes, there's early access to people transferring the license from PS3.

Wait, is the beta still on? I thought it ended this morning.
Yup it stopped working, I wanted to play minutes ago but it says maintenance, time to activate my PS3 version.

Z3M0G

I own PS3 version (physical), will do free upgrade to PS4 version.

So that I can continue playing at my buddy's place on his PS3 time to time, I'm thinking of re-buying the PS3 version some day off the store, and adding PS3 access to my account again. (Hopefully on a sale)

Anyone see a problem with this idea?

Edit: Hmmm... online store doesn't give me an option to buy regular version... only the Digital Collectors for $60... I hope that changes once I do the PS4 upgrade...

molnizzle

Are they worthwhile? My sub ends today and I was thinking of resubing by the time the PS4 version launches, but if it's something cool I might do it today.

FYI, the vet rewards aren't consecutive. For example, if you sub for 30 days, take a month off and then sub for another 30 days, you'll get the 60-day veteran reward at the end. You never "lose" time.

The $12.99 sub is fine. There's literally no reason to have the other one unless you want multiple characters on the same server. Why anyone would want that, I have no idea... the fact that I can be every class on a single character is the best aspect of FFXIV! The 8 character limitation means you can have 8 characters total, they just have to be on different servers.

There are no other limitations with the $12.99 sub. Same veteran rewards, same number of retainers, same everything. It's absolutely the way to go IMO.

Soi-Fong

Still amazes me that the best FF game in ages is an online MMO FF. SE nailed everything with this game. Beta was a blast. I'll continue playing on my semi crappy rig(HD 5970, i7 2600k), then continue on the PS4.

Edit: Healers are gods. Just making sure y'all know that. ;)

danthefan

I still have a copy of this for the PS3 that I bought and haven't activated yet, if I do it before the game releases on PS4 can I still transfer from PS3 -> PS4?

IMBored

I own PS3 version, will do free upgrade to PS4 version.

So that I can continue playing at my buddy's place on his PS3 time to time, I'm thinking of re-buying the PS3 version some day off the store, and adding PS3 access to my account again. (Hopefully on a sale)

Anyone see a problem with this idea?

No, that is a sound plan, I think SE confirm that it works that way.

I still have a copy of this for the PS3 that I bought and haven't activated yet, if I do it before the game releases on PS4 can I still transfer from PS3 -> PS4?

Yes, you can transfer the license till the end of the year.

molnizzle

Yes, in fact you have to. PS4 transfers can only be initiated after you've activated the game and ran it at least once on PS3.

NysGAF

Guys, I'm not a very savvy Strategic MMO player... So I was wondering.

So I'm a lancer, I'm dps right? Ok so I went to my first dungeon mission that is called "it's probably pirates" just north from aleport. So I got in a group and it was 1 tank, 2 healers and me the DPS. Ok so the thing is most of them got mad and one of them said "I don't heal DPS that pull" for what I understand of that is that I'm pulling mobs towards us, but in reality I wasn't. The tank was charging into action pulling the mobs and I always was running back taking my time and when I got to the place I tried to help him since he was constantly hitting 100hp.

Long story short: how should I deal with the next dungeon party I join? As I said before I'm not really the Einstein in this kinds of games

I'm very happy you asked this. I've never played an MMO, but I'm excited for FFXIV on the PS4 and am very intimidated. All this beginner stuff helps. And thanks to the rest of you for the answers.

Z3M0G

Just tried PS3 version, font size and hud are way better than PS4 version (I know you can change it but still).

They really blew up the default size during the beta... but you can scale it all back down the way you like.

If it was a side-effect of getting the larger dialogue bubble, it was WAY worth it... PS4 hud >>>>> PC hud now thanks to this. (I play all versions on my living room TV.)

Estus

Neo Member
Really, really surprised how well the remote play (in general) works especially over the internet. Healed through CT (I know not a challenge but still) during my lunch break in the office.

If I preorder FFXIV for the PS4 from Amazon UK will they email me out an early access code? I have seen people saying Amazon email them straight out but don't know if that's just the US as the UK Amazon mentions nothing about early access.

DrDamn

Worth reminding people that the PS3 version is upgradable to the PS4 version for free. You will need to have installed it on a PS3 and signed in once to activate. With the PS3 version available for £7.99 in store in Game it's a bit of a no brainer if you have access to a PS3 too.

I'm very happy you asked this. I've never played an MMO, but I'm excited for FFXIV on the PS4 and am very intimidated. All this beginner stuff helps. And thanks to the rest of you for the answers.

Send me a friend request I'm new too so we can figure some of it out together. That goes for anyone else as well.

PSN: The_Octodad
FFXIV: Arya Hodor

CozMick

Banned
If I already own the ps3 collectors digital edition of the game is there any way to receive the pre order bonues for ps4?

Sophia

If I already own the ps3 collectors digital edition of the game is there any way to receive the pre order bonues for ps4?

If you own one collector's edition, you get all the pre-order bonuses. Regardless of which system you have the game on, and regardless if you do the free transfer or not.

You do not need to do anything. The bonuses will be yours on release day.

molnizzle

If you own one collector's edition, you get all the pre-order bonuses. Regardless of which system you have the game on, and regardless if you do the free transfer or not.

You do not need to do anything. The bonuses will be yours on release day.

Exception being the early access code. You need to pre-order an actual PS4 version to begin playing on the 11th.

My Amazon pre-order will be canceled promptly on March 11. 😇

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Sorry if this has been answered already, but how do I transfer my account? I've owned the PS3 version since release but no longer have it installed, do I do it through there or can I do it through the Mogstation?

molnizzle

Sorry if this has been answered already, but how do I transfer my account? I've owned the PS3 version since release but no longer have it installed, do I do it through there or can I do it through the Mogstation?

I believe it'll be through MogStation. S-E hasn't outlined exactly how it will work, other than that you can start doing it on March 11th and you'll need to have logged in to the PS3 version at least once.

plake

I haven't tried it myself but as of a few minutes ago apparently the level cap of 20 has been lifted of chars created on PS4. Ie if you log on via PS3 or PC you'd be able to gain exp.

Edit: Confirmed it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom