• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - PS4 Beta |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astra

I just got airship access. Why would I do quests in the other zones though? They're starting quests that are like level 1 and give me 50 xp. Is there a reason?

I'd save those quests for leveling your alt classes when going for cross class skills.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
I just got airship access. Why would I do quests in the other zones though? They're starting quests that are like level 1 and give me 50 xp. Is there a reason?
Save those quests for when you're levelling other classes. For your first class just stick to where the story takes you.

Arsenic

Question for the PS4 Beta:

If you transferred your character from the PS3 to the PS4 with an ongoing subscription, do you get shut out from play for that one week the beta is over until the retail version is ready?

If thats the case, i think thats a pretty fucked up scenario for those who are paying and cant play for those 7-8 days.

Noi

Question for the PS4 Beta:

If you transferred your character from the PS3 to the PS4 with an ongoing subscription, do you get shut out from play for that one week the beta is over until the retail version is ready?

If thats the case, i think thats a pretty fucked up scenario for those who are paying and cant play for those 7-8 days.

Again, there is no such thing as a character transfer. What the transfer does is copy your macros, hotbars, etc settings from your PS3 to the PS4. Character data is stored server-side.

The license transfer for the free PS3 > PS4 upgrade isn't until the game is actually out on the 14th.

Boss Man

I'm having an issue with the version update on the beta client.

Just says, "Unable to complete version check." Is this a common thing?

edit:
Never mind, it's been discussed.

Semper88

lads, what's a good time to lvl crafting? Should I focus on getting to 50 First with my warrior and then lvl crafting? Whats the best order..

Guess Who

Banned
Outside of the city, I didn't see many framedrops. However, in Hawkers Alley it dropped to what I presume is 20fps. About 80+ people there, so it's to be expected...

Hawker's Alley murders the framerate on my PC, too. Just a really busy area, a lot of people go there for the market since it's right by the main aetheryte and thus easy to teleport to.

Alright, I've pre-ordered the PS4 version of FF XIV after a few months' break from the game. It is the only MMO I can see myself paying a sub for, although other games have taken up my time in recent weeks.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
guess the level 20 cap is only for non-subbed players? cause i'm gaining post 20 lvl exp on my CNJ... gonna try to get ACN to 20 too, plus get my mount finally.

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
Is there anyway to see my playtime?

I was wondering how many hours I have already played

SkylineRKR

Just did Sastasha, was great fun. And ran very well on PS4 despite some fights getting hectic.

I'm sort of happy with Lancer. Its more fun than the Tank class I was in Beta 1.

Arsenic

Again, there is no such thing as a character transfer. What the transfer does is copy your macros, hotbars, etc settings from your PS3 to the PS4. Character data is stored server-side.

The license transfer for the free PS3 > PS4 upgrade isn't until the game is actually out on the 14th.

Yeah i meant subscription transfer. I'm just asking since my friend is already on the PS4 beta, coming from the PS3. Thanks for the clarification, again.

ShinMaruku

BkkCJB1IAAILK-k.jpg

Love that emote.

Sophia

Yeah i meant subscription transfer. I'm just asking since my friend is already on the PS4 beta, coming from the PS3. Thanks for the clarification, again.

Your friend still has access to the PS3 version until he does the transfer, which doesn't start until April 11th. The same day as early access.

Do I need to create a character on Ultros if I want to play on Ultros when the game finally releases?

Ultros is still packed as usual, dunno if I can still get in during the end of th beta...

zychi

Banned

thank you for explaining this. people in ffxiv threads have been saying "i did the upgrade from ps3 to ps4" and i havent been able to find the actual upgrade yet.

Coins

Banned
Oh well. Fuck this game. I tried the original beta version and I got the error message that it couldn't update. Deleted the old beta version and repurchased the new version. Now it just says not available for purchase on the store page and I don't know how to download it. I don't have it on my services list either.

Edit: Ok, had to look under library on the store to start downloading it.

Soi-Fong

I've never actually gotten past lv 30. I want to be a White Mage. I have my Conjurer at 27 and Arcanist at 12. I was just wondering do you have to separately level both Conjurer and White Mage to get their abilities?

Third crashh.. This beta is less unstable than the first. Never crashed with the first one.
I think you mean less stable, right?
I've crashed about 10 times so far, almost always when traveling on a mount. Hopefully people are submitting their crash logs so the retail build is better!

Owari

Has anyone tested remote play with LTE tethering? Or on a separate wifi connection of any kind? If I could run brayflox on the vita I'm gonna be a happy man.

Level 13.

I shall pick the game up upon PS4 release, but I am going to stick with that for now. Still enjoying the game, even after doing a lot of the same things for a second time, but ready to push on further.

I love the art direction and I just like how it's easy to pick up and play, but ultimately as deep as you want to make it.

What... What does that even mean? (Not proficient it MMO-ese).
What hes saying is that since he cannot find someone who is a tank class, then he will change to change his characters's class over to a tank role.

In MMO terms, thats called "ROLLING"

Whiching from one class to another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom