• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Beta Discussion + Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kandinsky

Jinko said:
I can no longer access the beta forum and I was a phase 2 tester.

When I go into my SE account I no longer have any FFXIV beta registered services.

SE don't do this to me !! LMAO, anyone else getting this ?
Yes they wiped every account it seems, i guess the moment you log in to get your beta code servers will/can tell your tester status(for feedback and reports and stuff).

Zalasta

I don't get it. I spoke to every single NPC in LL and with the exception of a handful that actually talks like pirates, the rest were normal.

I got an error downloading the rar from Gromph and one file couldn't be extracted

...\data\8A\E6\00\00.DAT and it's 3/4Mo. Could someone maybe upload it somewhere so I don't have to redl 3.5gigs just for that?

Thanks to whoever can help me ^^

I hope it'll fix my update error 20524 I get when dling D2010.08.27.2000 and D2010.08.27.2001

Thanks a lot! Hope it'll work now.

I got the file so you can delete it if you want.

edit : damn, I still get the error 20524...it's checking the 2 update files and at 50.4% the error pops up...

Londa

Banned
InternHertz said:
Oh I see...thanks a lot, I just recently got into the FFXIV hype train so I didn't read the thread up until now...

Welcome Hertz, you will be seeing lots of extremes, from sad, angry to excited with glee all in a matter of hours.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I got those 2 files, as mentioned yesterday. Installed the 1st one fine. The Big one, wouldn't extract into the install folder, kept receiving error messages on every file.

Londa said:
Welcome Hertz, you will be seeing lots of extremes, from sad, angry to excited with glee all in a matter of hours.

Thanks ;)

But well for my error 20524, it keeps doing it when checking the update files even when I tamper with game.ver...

Does anyone know what I should write in it to match the right number ? I downloaded the installer (118Mo) and rar (3.5Go) files from Gromph.

Jinko

InternHertz said:
Thanks ;)

But well for my error 20524, it keeps doing it when checking the update files even when I temper with game.ver...

Does anyone know what I should write in it to match the right number ? I downloaded the installer (118Mo) and rar (3.5Go) files from Gromph.

Run the patcher and it will tell you the current version at the top and the needed version down the bottom.

Thanks, but the thing is I haven't updated to D2010.08.27.2000 (or even 2010.08.04) yet so I think I need the numbers right before that.
My boot.ver is currently 2010.07.27.2000 if that helps.

edit for Jinko: tried with the "needed" version in the installer, didn't work :/

edit2: know what, I'll scrap everything and download .patch files only and let the game update itself instead of using the rar from Gromph and copy files. It should work better like this

Teknoman

As long as the World you choose in the commercial release is the same as the World you choose in the open beta test, you will be able to transfer your character name. If you choose a different World for the commercial release, your character name will not be transferrable. For details, please refer to the beta test site.

I wonder if it'll be that big of a deal? Most of the names we picked arent really common.

Salaadin

Teknoman said:
As long as the World you choose in the commercial release is the same as the World you choose in the open beta test, you will be able to transfer your character name. If you choose a different World for the commercial release, your character name will not be transferrable. For details, please refer to the beta test site.

I wonder if it'll be that big of a deal? Most of the names we picked arent really common.

I dont think its going to matter much tbh.

Khrno

There were only 2 Khrno characters in all servers during the time I played FFXI, I don't think it'll be too hard to get a name on any server without need to reserve it on the beta, unless someone is going for Cloud Strife or some shit like that :lol

notworksafe

Woo! I played on Asura...but stopped two years ago, for the most part.

Also why does Square always insist on doing things the most obtuse and obnoxious way possible? Why not just give us the codes BEFORE the test? Or wait...why have codes in an "open" beta at all?

notworksafe said:
Woo! I played on Asura...but stopped two years ago, for the most part.

Also why does Square always insist on doing things the most obtuse and obnoxious way possible? Why not just give us the codes BEFORE the test? Or wait...why have codes in an "open" beta at all?

Because giving us codes early or having no codes for an open beta would make about as much sense as implementing a simple search function to the Market Wards...

Jinko

I agree that they could have left all exsisting beta holders as they were, I imagine the new codes are to test SE account page for when the game goes live though.

SE seem to be very naive though, the site is guna get hammered when OB first opens, which will result in the site going down for 2 hours, rinse and repeat.

falastini

Asura represent!

I didn't see any Ul'dah shots up, or did I miss them?
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b78/Kugata/Final%20Fantasy%20XIV/Uldahtranslate1layer.jpg

I like the layout, nice and simple. It looks like 2 levels, but most everything is on the first one. It's weird though, looks like it's over water. I didn't get that impression from screenshots.

Jinko said:
I agree that they could have left all exsisting beta holders as they were, I imagine the new codes are to test SE account page for when the game goes live though.

SE seem to be very naive though, the site is guna get hammered when OB first opens, which will result in the site going down for 2 hours, rinse and repeat.

It's probably another to stress test their site, since I imagine that's what will be happening to launch day.

edit: big pic is big

So is the only option to install this to your Documents and Settings folder? I have a separate partition for my OS and now it seems like I'm hosed because it's telling me it can't install since I don't have 12 gigs available in that folder. Yeah, well no shit. I have about a terabyte available elsewhere. Use that you assholes.

Salaadin

Azwethinkweiz said:
So is the only option to install this to your Documents and Settings folder? I have a separate partition for my OS and now it seems like I'm hosed because it's telling me it can't install since I don't have 12 gigs available in that folder. Yeah, well no shit. I have about a terabyte available elsewhere. Use that you assholes.

You can install the beta files to whatever HDD you want but there needs to some space in My Documents for the patches and shit. I think the patches are deleted once they are installed though so the folder itself only temporarily takes up space. The bulk of it is wherever you initially install to.

twofold

Azwethinkweiz said:

I had to move my 'My Documents' folder onto another partition with 12gb of free space. Annoying, to say the least.

If you're on W7, follow these instructions to do it - http://hubpages.com/hub/Windows-7_-_Moving_My_Documents

careksims

Ah man. I was all ready for it too. Had all the files and stuff updated. D: I really hoping to join you guys. Couldn't do it in the last 3rd phase. I think you guys were too far ahead. Would like to have fun and actually far in a mmo.

Jinko

Zomba13 said:
Add me to the Ul'dah camp (for the OB at least. Retail I'm gonna be in Gridania)

Easier if you guys update it yourselves lol, I'll do it this time though

Code:
[U]Gridania[/U] 
Jinko 
Londa 
Gromph 
vivin 
Khrno 

[U]Ul'Dah [/U]
Teknoman 
CcrooK 
Bento
Zomba13

[U]Limsa Lominsa[/U]
Kandinsky

DrDogg

I'm very busy with work and WCG US Nationals for the next 10 days or so, but after that I should be on 24/7. :lol

Now to think of a first and last name... I'm trying to avoid Doctor Dogg... -_-

Code:
[U]Gridania[/U] 
Jinko 
Londa 
Gromph 
vivin 
Khrno 

[U]Ul'Dah [/U]
Teknoman 
CcrooK 
Bento
Zomba13
DrDogg

[U]Limsa Lominsa[/U]
Kandinsky

I'll be starting in Ul'Dah. Everyone is planning on going to the Emperor server right?

Code:
[U]Gridania[/U] 
Jinko 
Londa 
Gromph 
vivin 
Khrno 

[U]Ul'Dah [/U]
Teknoman 
CcrooK 
Bento
Zomba13
DrDogg
BentMyWookiee

[U]Limsa Lominsa[/U]
Kandinsky

RuGalz

Oh wtf, so the game saves patch file in the "My Games" folder? No wonder my Dropbox ran out of space, what a bunch of asshats.

Velion

Munba said:
Code:
[U]Gridania[/U] 
Jinko 
Londa 
Gromph 
vivin 
Khrno
Munba

[U]Ul'Dah [/U]
Teknoman 
CcrooK 
Bento
Zomba13
DrDogg
BentMyWookiee

[U]Limsa Lominsa[/U]
Kandinsky

edit:
Uldah is the most user-friendly to navigate among the 3 indeed,
http://www.otherworldonline.net/ffxiv/maps/uldah.jpg

Looks like SE just took all the stuff from XI and altered it a little to make this game since Ul'Dah's map looks like FFXI's Ro'maeve http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081020234835/ffxi/images/3/3d/Romaeve.png

Zalasta

notworksafe

Code:
[U]Gridania[/U] 
Jinko 
Londa 
Gromph 
vivin 
Khrno
Munba

[U]Ul'Dah [/U]
Teknoman 
CcrooK 
Bento
Zomba13
DrDogg
BentMyWookiee
notworksafe

[U]Limsa Lominsa[/U]
Kandinsky
I suppose I'll go Ul'Dah for OB and Grid for launch. And Kandinsky, what are you doing to yourself man?! :lol

Haint

I'm getting a sense they're going to put stringent caps both on the number of registration codes they send out as well as concurrent log-ins.

notworksafe

Hopefully not. That wouldn't exactly be too open. Hopefully this is just a test of how their code redemption for registering the game/getting pre-order items works.

Jinko

Emperor.

I am a little worried aswell that codes are going to be first come first serve.

Hence the bit about them temporarily suspending the issuance of registration codes, I'm getting visions of me being days without a beta code :lol

Salaadin

Jinko said:
Emperor.

I am a little worried aswell that codes are going to be first come first serve.

Hence the bit about them temporarily suspending the issuance of registration codes, I'm getting visions of me being days without a beta code :lol

Me too. The site is going to be hammered. I worry that theyll put this thing up overnight when Im asleep and I cant Ctrl+R for 3 hours.

Nakazato

notworksafe said:
Code:
[U]Gridania[/U] 
Jinko 
Londa 
Gromph 
vivin 
Khrno
Munba

[U]Ul'Dah [/U]
Teknoman 
CcrooK 
Bento
Zomba13
DrDogg
BentMyWookiee
notworksafe
Nakazato

[U]Limsa Lominsa[/U]
Kandinsky
Ul'Dah for me

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Khrno said:
My game.ver says: 2010.08.31.2000
My boot.ver says: 2010.08.27.2001

Had the 20524 error after downloading and installing eveything from Gromphs, changing the boot and game.ver's to these values fixed it. Thanks for the help guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom