• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Beta Discussion + Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teknoman

25hcvwg.jpg

Salaadin

Kuraine said:
Thanks for the link, but unfortunately that didn't work either :( Still got the same error with that disabled...
Try running it in administrator. Right click over file > properties > compatibility > check "run as administrator. Apply then try it.

What error are you getting?

Kuraine

Neo Member
Salaadin said:
Try running it in administrator. Right click over file > properties > compatibility > check "run as administrator. Apply then try it.

What error are you getting?

I'll try as administrator now; takes a while to update that 1.5 gig file, rar.

My error is:

"An update error has occurred.
Error 20524"

Zomba13

Teknoman said:
Heh how will we get the LS together this time? I know im starting in Ul'dah.
Could have a Ul'dah chapter, a Limsa chapter and a gridania chapter and merge them into a company (if there are companies in the OB and that is indeed how they work, a collection of link shells)

Salaadin

Kuraine said:
I'll try as administrator now; takes a while to update that 1.5 gig file, rar.

My error is:

"An update error has occurred.
Error 20524"
No other anti virus other than avg?

Hmm. I checked google and some got it working by simply rebooting. Maybe try that next

Kuraine

Neo Member
Ah! I got it to work. Apparently that error is what happens when the game.ver file doesn't match the update you just did due to a write error. By just altering the number in the game.ver file, I was able to get it to finish the patch and start up just fine.

Teknoman

Zomba13 said:
Could have a Ul'dah chapter, a Limsa chapter and a gridania chapter and merge them into a company (if there are companies in the OB and that is indeed how they work, a collection of link shells)

That actually sounds kinda cool.

vivin

with under 24hours until Open beta starts, and still very little is known. Someone said they are adding additional servers for OB? But for now, we are all rolling Emperor right? who's making the linkshell? Anyone from current SoD FFXI playing? Tek maybe?

Zomba13

vivin said:
with under 24hours until Open beta starts, and still very little is known. Someone said they are adding additional servers for OB? But for now, we are all rolling Emperor right? who's making the linkshell? Anyone from current SoD FFXI playing? Tek maybe?
I guess Emp if they keep the names. If they change then I dunno. I'm sure someone would decide and we'd all jump on with him.

notworksafe

Square just sent me a guide to the Open Beta. I guess everyone that has access now has to get a code to get access to the Open Beta?

FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Test Operations Department said:
In preparation for the official release of FINAL FANTASY XIV on September 30, 2010 and the early release on September 22, we will be starting an open beta test to help put the finishing touches on the game. We ask that all users who can participate in the open beta test apply from the following website.

1.Access the following URL.
http://entry.ffxiv.com/
* The page will become accessible starting at 19:00 on Aug. 31, 2010.

2.Log in with your Square Enix account and have a registration code issued.
* Depending on the access status, we may temporarily suspend the issuance of registration code. If you cannot have registration code issued, we ask that you please wait a little while before trying again.

3.Register the registration code you received by e-mail on the Square Enix Account Management System.
Click "Select Service" from "Services and Options" on the left menu. Select "FINAL FANTASY XIV" from the services available and then "Add a service account." Enter the registration code you've been issued and proceed to the end of registration.

The Square Enix Account Management System: https://secure.square-enix.com/account/

As stated above, Open Beta Test requires a dedicated registration code and the login to Beta Test Site will become unavailable starting at 0:00 on Aug. 31, 2010 (PDT).
* Once the registration code is registered, you will be able to log in to Beta Test Site once again.

- Transferring your Character Name from the Open Beta Test to the Commercial Release
As long as the World you choose in the commercial release is the same as the World you chose in the open beta test, you will be able to transfer your character name. If you choose a different World for the commercial release, your character name will not be transferrable. For details, please refer to the beta test site.

- To PlayStation 3 Version Applicants:
This test phase will deal only with the Windows version of the software. Details regarding the test schedule for the PlayStation 3 version will be released by e-mail at a later date. If possible, we still ask and encourage you to take part in the testing on a Windows PC.

- Note:
・The open beta test is being conducted on the Windows version of the game only.
・Latest news and notifications will be periodically posted on the forums of the tester site.
・The game to be tested is under development, and may differ from the commercial release.
・Please direct all inquiries regarding FINAL FANTASY XIV to the Square Enix Support Center ( http://support.na.square-enix.com/ffxiv/ ).

----------------------------------------------------------------------
FINAL FANTASY XIV Official Site
http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/

SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD.
FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Test Operations Department

notworksafe said:
Square just sent me a guide to the Open Beta. I guess everyone that has access now has to get a code to get access to the Open Beta?

Yep, looks like everyone needs a code. I wonder if the site is going to be super slow or crash when it's bombarded with people trying to get the code at 7pm PST tomorrow.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Didn't know about the open beta until an email I got an hour ago.

Can't log in due to maintenance. Fuuu

Actually, I got to do a password recovery and all that.

Khrno

DeathNote said:
This page linked me to ffxivsetup.exe. When I run it after installing it crashes.

What do I do with the .rar and patch after I download it?

As explained by notworksafe

Unrar to C:\Users\*user*\Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version\downloads\ffxiv-beta\d96437e6 after installing the Beta but before updating. Then run the updater to get the rest of the updates.

There is a new patch: D2010.08.31.2000 9.29MB

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Khrno said:
As explained by notworksafe

Unrar to C:\Users\*user*\Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version\downloads\ffxiv-beta\d96437e6 after installing the Beta but before updating. Then run the updater to get the rest of the updates.

There is a new patch: D2010.08.31.2000 9.29MB

Thanks

And what about 1.2GB file D2010.08.30.2000.patch?

C:\Users\*user*\Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version\downloads\ffxiv-beta\d96437e6\patch?

Salaadin

Am I reading that email right? 7:00pm EST, we all have to re-obtain codes regardless of whether or not we were already testers?

That site is going to be hammered lol

Khrno

Time http://entry.ffxiv.com/ will become accessible to log in, by time zones:

• 19:00 PDT Aug. 31
  • 22:00 EST
  • 2:00 GMT Sep. 1
  • 3:00 BST
  • 4:00 CET
  • 11:00 JST

DeathNote said:
And what about 1.2GB file D2010.08.30.2000.patch?

Yeah, put it in the patch folder, then run the updater again, it will find it and start installing it.

carlo6529

I downloaded the installer and installed it. Then I downloaded the squareenix rar file. When I went to unzip it, the downloads folder is not there, and thus no folder after that.

C:\Users\*user*\Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version\downloads\ffxiv-beta\d96437e6\patch?

The game is under program files for me though, not user>documents. I couldn't figure it out so I just starting updating from scratch and left the pc on all night, but I'm only at 24 % after 12 hours.

Any suggestions?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
carlo6529 said:
I downloaded the installer and installed it. Then I downloaded the squareenix rar file. When I went to unzip it, the downloads folder is not there, and thus no folder after that.

The game is under program files for me though, not user>documents. I couldn't figure it out so I just starting updating from scratch and left the pc on all night, but I'm only at 24 % after 12 hours.

Any suggestions?
My "My Games" folder was not there until I tried to run ffxivboot.exe. It lagged for a second then created "My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version\downloads\ffxiv-beta\bca2a8ae".

After I download the rar I'm assuming I'm supposed to manually create "\d96437e6"??

Khrno

DeathNote said:
After I download the rar I'm assuming I'm supposed to manually create "\d96437e6".?

You can either create it yourself, or just keep the updater running until it starts downloading the 3.5~ GB patch , then it will create the d96437e6 folder. I think it should be quicker doing it manually tho.

carlo6529 said:
Any suggestions?

The game is under Program Files, but all patches are downloaded to My Games folder.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
DeathNote said:
My "My Games" folder was not there until I tried to run ffxivboot.exe. It lagged for a second then created "My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version\downloads]ffxiv-beta\d96437e6\ffxiv-beta\bca2a8ae".

After I download the rar I'm assuming I'm supposed to manually create "\d96437e6"??
Don't you already have the right folder?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Rentahamster said:
Don't you already have the right folder?
I meant to say...

then created "My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version\downloads\ffxiv-beta\bca2a8ae"

copy and pasting fail

ffxivsetup.exe should include "downloads\ffxiv-beta\bca2a8ae". we manually create "downloads\ffxiv-beta\d96437e6"

you can click "ffxivsetup.exe" to uninstall everything. and like i said after installing, it took clicking "ffxivboot.exe" to have "my games\...." even exist.

Jinko

Teknoman said:
Heh how will we get the LS together this time? I know im starting in Ul'dah.

Depends if you can invite over a distant, I kind of liked that in WoW you could invite anyone to the guild whereever they were.

I suppose we may have to end up with 3 LS's for each area, I'm starting in Gridania, might need to make a list of where people are going to start.

.....So, I've lost my security token and can't quite work out how I'm meant to get into my account now.
I found a support page which directs me to request more assistance, but following their steps just takes me to an error page.

http://support.na.square-enix.com/fa...&c=4&sc=0&so=0

Does anyone know what I'm actually meant to do in this situation?

You will need to ring SE customer services I think.

----------------------------------------------------------

Gridania

Jinko
Londa

Ul'Dah
Teknoman

Limsa Lominsa

Khrno

And I copied that myself.

What's the folder structure inside the RAR, DeathNote? I'm downloading it just to check it out and make sure, but it'll be around 25 min before it finishes.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Jinko said:
----------------------------------------------------------

Gridania

Jinko
Londa
Gromph

Ul'Dah
Teknoman

Limsa Lominsa

Fixed!

vivin

Jinko said:
I suppose we may have to end up with 3 LS's for each area, I'm starting in Gridania, might need to make a list of where people are going to start.

Gridania

Jinko
Londa

Ul'Dah
Teknoman

Limsa Lominsa

Sign me up for Gridania!

Khrno

Code:
[B][U]Gridania[/U] [/B]
Jinko
Londa
Gromph
vivin
Khrno

[B][U]Ul'Dah[/U][/B]
Teknoman

[B][U]Limsa Lominsa[/U][/B]

Easier to quote.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
So according to the perks site, you are ineligible to get the Hermes Shoes...

If the linked PlayOnline ID’s FINAL FANTASY XI is in the free trial period.

Does that mean it'll be pointless to buy FFXI just to get the shoes, as one would have to wait one month for the free trial period to expire, then pay for the next month of play?

Jinko

Rentahamster said:
Does that mean it'll be pointless to buy FFXI just to get the shoes, as one would have to wait one month for the free trial period to expire, then pay for the next month of play?

Seems a waste of money to spend money just for the shoes.

LowParry

Khrno said:
Code:
[B][U]Gridania[/U] [/B]
Jinko
Londa
Gromph
vivin
Khrno

[B][U]Ul'Dah[/U][/B]
Teknoman
CcrooK

[B][U]Limsa Lominsa[/U][/B]

I'll give Ul'Dah a try. Once I get my code. Whenever the hell that is.

Jinko

Limsa is guna be a ghost town, I suppose new testers will flock there though.

I wonder if they plan to give us a look at the town before selecting it like FF11 did.

FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test Postponed

FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test, which is scheduled to begin at 02:00 (GMT) on Sept. 1, 2010, will be postponed due to a confirmation of critical bugs. New schedule will be released at a later date.

Along with the postponement of FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test, the issuing of registration code for FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test will be postponed as well. With the download of client software's installer, it will be suspended at 02:00 (GMT) on Sept. 1, 2010.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

The FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Test Site can only be accessed by those who have been granted Beta Test accounts.

Beta testers can log in from the link below using their Square Enix Account.

https://dev-eu.ffxiv.com/

WHAT !!! but my excitement ;.;

Khrno

DeathNote said:
Wait. As far as the .rar goes...

Ok, got the rar and indeed the files on it go in Program Files, they are the files as installed, not the patch files, so basically install ffxivsetup.exe, which you already did, then unrar to C:\Program Files folder.

RAR folders include: SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version\...

New section on https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app: Payments and Services Fees

About Crysta
Enable Crysta

Square Enix Crysta

t_crysta.gif

http://www.square-enix.com/eu/en/account/crysta/

Square Enix Crysta can be added to a Square Enix account using a payment method such as a credit card, and then used for various services.

crysta_img.jpg

FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test Postponed

lol

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
They can't even start their open beta on time :( I hope this isn't a sign of how well it will perform at retail

Kandinsky

SquareEnix said:
Along with the postponement of FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test, the issuing of registration code for FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test will be postponed as well.
Lmao this is so dumb:lol

Jinko

I can no longer access the beta forum and I was a phase 2 tester.

When I go into my SE account I no longer have any FFXIV beta registered services.

SE don't do this to me !! LMAO, anyone else getting this ?

In other news, SE are opening OB registrations at the same time the OB goes live, good luck registering your code people .. this is guna be a shit storm of lag and time outs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom