• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Beta Discussion + Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldsnap

Doodlebug said:
Fisher

You can read about how the Armoury works here, or navigate the official site, where you'll also find all released information on the disciplines. (There's no info available yet on Fisher.)

Ahhh I see. So what is the benefit to starting as a gladiotor instead of a thermamage if you can always switch over? I'm guessing none?

LowParry

See? Don't have the money or rank. Rank 13 for that buckler? fml....

307uqhj.jpg

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu this basted thing has been running since last night and it keeps crashing so it just hangs there not downloading anything and not restarting itself. Such a pain in the ass.

hgplayer1

ive encountered a problem twice now. i started a guildleve and went after my target but could not attack it.

Ive got my weapon out and selected an action but it doesnt do anything. It also wont let me sheath my weapon at all.

had to close out of the window as it wouldnt let me log out either.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Johnlenham said:
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu this basted thing has been running since last night and it keeps crashing so it just hangs there not downloading anything and not restarting
itself. Such a pain in the ass.

Use my link! :)

hgplayer1 said:
ive encountered a problem twice now. i started a guildleve and went after my target but could not attack it.

Ive got my weapon out and selected an action but it doesnt do anything. It also wont let me sheath my weapon at all.

had to close out of the window as it wouldnt let me log out either.

Thats a server timeout

Doodlebug

Coldsnap said:
Ahhh I see. So what is the benefit to starting as a gladiotor instead of a thermamage if you can always switch over? I'm guessing none?

You get the Gladiator's starting outfit and sword. That's about it. You can play any class in the game at any time (if you have the appropriate weapon or tool) and be as proficient as you would have been had you started as it.

gillty

Banned
God I feel sorry for people on the official forums asking for hardware advice.

Some dude was telling the guy to pick up a GT220 for $120. Another was telling him to pick up a 9800 for $250 :lol =/

Jinko

Hmm figured it out why I couldn't find my skills, didn't see the drop down box in the action & traits windows, d'uh.

Teknoman

Valru said:
God I feel sorry for people on the official forums asking for hardware advice.

Some dude was telling the guy to pick up a GT220 for $120. Another was telling him to pick up a 9800 for $250 :lol =/

Im about to go from:

AMD Athlon X2 64 6400+ (3.2ghz)

to

AMD Phenom X4 955 Black Edition (3.2ghz)

keeping my Radeon 4870.

Should be a big performance boost all around right? Not just for XIV of course.

Cowie

I'm on Golbez, apparently. maybe if I find some gaffers I can actually be bothered to try the party system out, lol ;x

Palmer_v1

Doodlebug said:
You get the Gladiator's starting outfit and sword. That's about it. You can play any class in the game at any time (if you have the appropriate weapon or tool) and be as proficient as you would have been had you started as it.

but what about the stat bumps on level up? Isn't that going to make you inherently worse at whatever you don't specialize in?

Druz

I'm having trouble installing the client I downloaded on Windows 7 64bit. Says to check which version I'm using? But it's the only link provided...

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Druz said:
I'm having trouble installing the client I downloaded on Windows 7 64bit. Says to check which version I'm using? But it's the only link provided...

Redownload the setup. the one you downloaded is corrupted

J-Rzez

Yeesh. 95% only. This download is creeping for me, and probably died a few times during the night. Then I get to see if my password works later on, as I still didn't get an email from their tech support.

Zalasta

notworksafe said:
I had thought you made them through a spell.

The job ability you're probably thinking of just refills your quiver with arrows in your inventory, it does not create them out of thin air.

Ravidrath

Whoa, where did you find the Qiqirn?

I finished Treasures of the Main, but haven't found any more quests to do... where can I find some for when I play tonight?

Zozobra

So using the GAF guild from FFXI as an example, is the FFXIV version likely going to be more of a casual/social thing, or is it going to be geared towards end-game stuff?

desa

Lagtastic!

So one story quest and some guildleves? I wasn't high enough rank for the other leves so I went exploring. This game is pretty. I want more adventures with Sisipu!

Pai pai was right. Dodos every where you gogo.

I really like the battle system. Tanking feels like...tanking. I feel like I'm actually using my shield. It's glorious.

I made two characters. One is on Kefka which I couldn't even log in. The other is on Shadowlord I think. Shadow something. So what server is the majority of you dudes on?

Jinko

Anyone managed to get a retainer ?, I spoke to the woman in the drowning wench and know where the summoning bell is, but.

1. She says shes busy and to come back.
2. When I activate the bell it says I have no retainer.

Am I missing something ?, trust SE to make something this hard.. :S

Teknoman

Zozobra said:
So using the GAF guild from FFXI as an example, is the FFXIV version likely going to be more of a casual/social thing, or is it going to be geared towards end-game stuff?

Both. Also exploring around, near Cedarwood, performance is ALOT better. I guess thats because i'm away from everyone though :lol

Anyone else using an ATI card just getting horrible performance?

a ton of framerate drops.. into the teens and lower..

any tips would be appreciated.

I read that there were performance issues for some ATI users.. but never saw anything additional about it.

I've borrowed a friends account, so I didn't want to post on the official forums.

The official forums suck and so does the ingame help so err how do I mine? I started a quest that asked me to go and discover 3 mining spots but once I get to them I can't do anything.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Coldsnap said:
Do you need to activate the quests while in the field or just getting them is enough?
Go to one of those crystal things and you can activate it through the menus

Finally getting the feel for the game. Would be nice if square upped the respawn rate of these rats so everyone can level up easier :lol

gillty

Banned
Robobandit said:
Anyone else using an ATI card just getting horrible performance?
yes 5830 but only during high traffic areas, in instances its rocksolid 30fps

--- Added: 7/12/2010 ---

- On certain AMD (ATI) graphics cards, the FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version may appear to run slow.
- On certain NVIDIA graphics cards, characters may not display correctly.

Jinko

MiloFoxburr said:
The official forums suck and so does the ingame help so err how do I mine? I started a quest that asked me to go and discover 3 mining spots but once I get to them I can't do anything.

Open the menu.. you will have the option to mine aslong as you have the correct tools equpped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom