• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Beta Discussion + Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Londa

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
But that's not really "stuttering". That's just lag. Stuttering is your entire game freezing for like half a second.

I have both lag AND stuttering. Everyone seems to be complaining about the same in-game as well.

I notice that I got stuttering whenever I had to download a huge patch in XI. I usually did that thing where you can delete useless files and make more space on your HD by moving files around on the HD. I forgot what it was called. But I was told doing this helps lag on the internet and shuttering because of large gaps in the computers HD making the information travel slower.

Forgive me if I'm total wrong. lol

Jinko

The lag and framerate are the same thing, yes its poor coding but what can ya do :p

I duno why everyone is whining so much about it, they just added 45k testers, of course there is going to be problems, thats what beta is about.

I have been mining for the most part, can't find anything to kill.

Not done any screens or video's the lag is too bad, at one point i couldn't even turn the correct direction in town.

All that aside I am enjoying it quite a bit, but then its all new to me :)

Jinko said:
The lag and framerate are the same thing, yes its poor coding but what can ya do :p

I duno why everyone is whining so much about it, they just added 45k testers, of course there is going to be problems, thats what beta is about.

Not done any screens or video's the lag is too bad, at one point i couldn't even turn the correct direction in town.

All that aside I am enjoying it quite a bit, but then its all new to me :)

Sorry, but lag and framerate are NOT the same thing.

Lag can be displayed as a delay in actions or rubberbanding where your character warps around. Never as framedrops.

Jinko

Think they just reset the servers, got kicked off and when i logged in lag and framerate problems had gone, not many people online either be looks of it.

Jinko

Metalmurphy said:
Sorry, but lag and framerate are NOT the same thing.

Lag can be displayed as a delay in actions or rubberbanding where your character warps around. Never as framedrops.

I knew you would say that, I didn't mean they were the same thing in that sense, I meant they are obviously tied, the reason we are getting so much fps problems is because the server is under so much stress.

The fact is that prior to the additional testers the game wasn't running this bad, seems obvious where the problem has come from.

Teknoman

Dont forget theres going to be server maintenance too. Also everyone now in beta, dont hesitate to report any problems you've had/improvements to be made.

Jinko

CcrooK said:
Well I finished up the class quest. Done the other leve quests. Now what? :lol

Find a cave and xp, seems people don't look in them very often, is a good place to grind.

Londa said:
Did you hear any VA in the first CS? Or you haven't heard any VS at all?

Yeah, I heard the voices in the first CS on the boat.. Is there only VA in CSs?

Talking to NPCs and having their mouths move then having to look at the text log is lame..

Hopefully Im missing something

Coldsnap

Jinko said:

Yea, too many people camping mobs atm. Do you know if other classes besides the handjob :)lol ) classes can craft?

notworksafe

Teknoman said:
Dont forget theres going to be server maintenance too. Also everyone now in beta, dont hesitate to report any problems you've had/improvements to be made.
Yes! Please report all problems or ideas for changes! In the end, that's part of why you are playing

LowParry

Anywho, screenshot time!

2iqztj9.jpg

1z3pc0j.jpg

2vj4i07.jpg

iy0qk7.jpg

2likj5t.jpg

Jinko

Anyone else having probs seeing learnt skills ?

Edit:- wouldn't let me submit any bug reports either, says my account does not has permission :S lol, oh well am writing it all down anyways

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Quick Qs:

-Is there any type of /heal that Im missing? How do you heal your char without magic/potions

-Is the mouse the only way to control the camera atm? No wired 360 controller and too lazy to blutooth the ps3 controller atm.

Feels just weird. So use to FFXI that just basic stuff in that game I cant seem to do or figure out lol

LowParry

I'll get some vids up as soon as I look them over and blah.

Edit: It's just a couple of vids. One doing a few emotes, the other finishing up a leve. I'll have them uploaded soon.

gillty

Banned
not sure I like the whole instanced markets / retainer system but my retainer sure is cute :lol

also new avatar!
ffxivgame2010-07-1304-toj0.png

notworksafe

Added downloads to OP.

Also is there a specific server that US people are trying for? I assume the old way of making characters over and over from FFXI works to find a server.

I do also have a Ventrilo server for people to chat on (for parties or even just talking about beta) that anyone is welcome to connect to. Just PM me for info.

Coldsnap

Corran Horn said:
Quick Qs:

-Is there any type of /heal that Im missing? How do you heal your char without magic/potions

-Is the mouse the only way to control the camera atm? No wired 360 controller and too lazy to blutooth the ps3 controller atm.

Feels just weird. So use to FFXI that just basic stuff in that game I cant seem to do or figure out lol

when you put away your weapon you start gaining health.

Kyoufu

Corran Horn said:
Quick Qs:

You can just plug your PS3 pad with the USB charger cable....

gillty

Banned
Corran Horn said:
like XI the mouse doesn't work at all camera keys were moved to IJKL =/ previously we had the choice to use the arrow keys for camera which were much better.

Teknoman

Get a shield Ccrook :lol Or try dual wielding. Didnt they add off hand weapon use in beta?

Also if markets are an instance, thats kinda cool. Beats Auction House city lag.

LowParry

Teknoman said:
Get a shield Ccrook :lol

Also if markets are an instance, thats kinda cool. Beats Auction House city lag.

I got a new belt! I haven't seen any shields for sale. And if they were, they're probably 8k!

Londa

Banned
NarcissisticJay said:
Yeah, I heard the voices in the first CS on the boat.. Is there only VA in CSs?

Talking to NPCs and having their mouths move then having to look at the text log is lame..

Hopefully Im missing something

Yeah for now, just like in the Alpha version, they have only put VA in for the first CS. Other CS will have VS at launch.

Kyoufu

Teknoman said:
Get a shield Ccrook :lol Or try dual wielding. Didnt they add off hand weapon use in beta?

Bubububut where else am I going to afk showing off my Koenig body + Aegis?

notworksafe

Seems the Armory equivalent is online.
http://players.finalfantasyxiv.com/
On the Official FINAL FANTASY XIV Players' Site, players can view in-game character data, write blogs, and communicate with other players through the site's various features.

In order to make the site more user-friendly, we welcome the opinions of all beta testers. Please let us know what you think about the site's features and usability.

Using the Site
Click the Official FINAL FANTASY XIV Players' Site link to go to the login page. Log in with the Square Enix account you use for the beta test, and select a character from the account selection screen to access your Home page.

*Use of the Players' Site requires an account with at least one FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Test character.

Site Features

- Home
View your character's profile, write a blog, and follow other users.
The most recent posts to the Players' Site—as well as comments to your blog—are displayed on your top page.
Character Profile
View your character's data.
-Displayed information
Character name (World name) / Race / Class / Nameday / Guardian / Starting City / Physical Level / Experience / Points / HP / MP / TP / Attributes (STR, INT, etc.) / Elements / Skill List
Blog
Maintain a blog with entries of your adventures and escapades.
Follow
See what other users on the Players' Site have been writing about in their blogs.
*A log of the posts by players you are following will be displayed under "Posts" in the Follow section of your page.

- Account Settings
Select the character you wish to use the site with, upload images, and more.

- Search
Use this helpful feature to find characters and blogs on the Players' Site.

- Character Pages
View other player's character profiles and blogs, and see who they're following.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom