• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Beta Discussion + Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

desu

Londa said:
What is the name of the patch that comes up with it starts at 0% all over again? If the file name has changed from 07.09.2000 then it might be what happened with 07.05.2000 when they renamed the patch to 07.09.2000 which caused me to start all the way at the begining. Urg I hope this isn't what happened.

No my error was that I just restarted the torrent which didnt do the trick after replacing the file. I havent used a bt client in centuries, the last name I remember was azureus? Anyway I thought stopping the torrrent, replacing them and then restarting the torrent would be enough to force the check of the files, apparently it wasnt.

Had to replace the files, delete the download from list and readd the torrent to force the check. Working now!

Doubt I will be able to play today. Anyway is EUgaf coming together on a server and maybe playing together with ts/vent/mumble :)?

LowParry

I see a lot of people gathering though trying to figure out where to pick up the ability for it. It's laggy in town. Hella hard to get around places.

Salaadin

Are some people not using AA? Somwe pics look so nice and crisp and others have the NPCs looking like they are jagged cutouts or something.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Some new pics, not much though

21.png

22.png

23.png

24.png

25.png

26.png

27.png

28.png

29.png

30.png

I'm not even sure which patches I've downloaded now :lol I only downloaded one 3.5GB file but I have two in my directory, one for 07092000 and one for 07122000. Don't appear to have anything for the 07052000 file.

Wes

venison crêpe
Baloonatic said:
I'm not even sure which patches I've downloaded now :lol I only downloaded one 3.5GB file but I have two in my directory, one for 07092000 and one for 07122000. Don't appear to have anything for the 07052000 file.

To be honest, I'm so confused now I'm just leaving the SE patcher do it all.

Londa

Banned
Baloonatic said:

07.05.2000 file was the first beta version file but it was removed and replaced by the 07.09.2000 file. I was one of the ones that was downloading that 05 file for a week and then had to start all over again lol.

Metalmurphy said:
My game is stuttering like MAD today. I dunno if it's because of all the people or the update, but its pretty much unplayable now.

Or because you have AION running on the background? :lol

Edit: So everyone else is stuttering too. It's probably lag though. Pretty sad if it was just my computer.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Misterinenja said:
Or because you have AION running on the background? :lol

Edit: So everyone else is stuttering too. It's probably lag though. Pretty sad if it was just my computer.
Probably just the massive amounts of people playing. So many people online atm :lol

Londa

Banned
CcrooK said:
Where do you train or learn new abilities. Said I learned Red Lotus but doesn't show up in my tab. Odd.

You have to go into your menu and select Red Lotus and use your points to allocate it to one of the spots where you select the moves you want to perform. When you learn something. Its not like in XI where it was avalible right at that second. You now have to select that move as something you want to use. Think of XI bluemage in how you had a certain amount of points you could use to select what skills you wanted to put in your command window.

Hope that helped

LowParry

Londa said:
You have to go into your menu and select Red Lotus and use your points to allocate it to one of the spots where you select the moves you want to perform. When you learn something. Its not like in XI where it was avalible right at that second. You now have to select that move as something you want to use. Think of XI bluemage in how you had a certain amount of points you could use to select what skills you wanted to put in your command window.

Hope that helped

Still not seeing it in my abilities tab.

Edit: Oh I see how. There's a drop down menu in the menu. Clever.

Londa

Banned
NarcissisticJay said:
Maybe I missed a setting or something.. but I cant hear any of the NPCs voice acting?

There is VA, isnt there? :)

Did you hear any VA in the first CS? Or you haven't heard any VS at all?

Zalasta

Okay, I'm starting the dread the surname requirements. Someone actually named a character "Shock Wave" in that screenshot? I can only imagine what else we'll be seeing come retail. >.>

Kuraine

Neo Member
So I was able to play about an hour this morning before work, and I am super psyched. Despite the huge stuttering due to all the lag, it was pretty playable on my rig that scored 2400 on 720p and 1500 on 1080p. I have it set to 1680x1050. Indoor areas were all smooth 30fps with only some hitching with tons of NPCs.

A few things I've noticed, finally getting hands-on:

- Despite seeing the Limsa boat scene a million times, the added music for beta is just fantastic. The vocal theme is one of the best Uematsu has written, so I'm glad it plays big into the story.

- I used a 360 controller, and it supports rumble! Just gotta check it in the controller settings. Gives a bit of feedback whenever you're hit in combat.

- I would post the obligatory boat shot, but I'm on my phone atm :lol

Zalasta said:
Okay, I'm starting the dread the surname requirements. Someone actually named a character "Shock Wave" in that screenshot? I can only imagine what else we'll be seeing come retail. >.>

Vag Ina

The options are endless.

Game engine needs some serious optimization. Game basically stutters everytime a new character appears on screen. Add that with all the people playing in the beta and it's unplayable.

MomoPufflet said:
Does anyone want to be the most amazing person on the planet and post screenshots of the available female Lalafell hairstyles in the beta? Just the styles no need for colors. Seriously I suck yo dick D: Bonus nut-scratch for other features like eye/mouth types. I've seen videos of the e3 demo but there were only 4 styles in that-- want to know what the other ones are.

HALP GUYZ :(

Doodlebug

Zalasta said:

Seph Iroth

Salaadin

Metalmurphy said:
Game engine needs some serious optimization. Game basically stutters everytime a new character appears on screen. Add that with all the people playing in the beta and it's unplayable.

Isnt this the first time theyre allowing multiple regions at once and didnt they just add another 15k testers? Im betting its more server lag than anything else.

Im glad for it. Theyre getting closer to it feeling like an actual game and not segmenting regions and playtimes.

Salaadin said:
Isnt this the first time theyre allowing multiple regions at once and didnt they just add another 15k testers? Im betting its more server lag than anything else.

Im glad for it. Theyre getting closer to it feeling like an actual game and not segmenting regions and playtimes.

Sever lag doesn't/shouldn't affect your framerate. Unless the game is really poorly coded that's not the problem, it's just not streaming the NPCs/characters properly

Salaadin

Metalmurphy said:
Sever lag doesn't/shouldn't affect your framerate. Unless the game is really poorly coded that's not the problem, it's just not streaming the NPCs/characters properly

I didnt know it was framerate related. Thats shitty.

LowParry

In the city, it lags. When you get your own instance in the city, it's a steady 30fps. Outside the city near hubs, laggy. Outside of the hubs, solid 30fps. So I dunno.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Kyoufu said:
I'd suck serious Galka dick for an upload of the 2nd patch. :(
:lol :lol

Misterinenja said:
My stuttering is pretty much lag-related since everything I do has like 2 sec delay.

But that's not really "stuttering". That's just lag. Stuttering is your entire game freezing for like half a second.

I have both lag AND stuttering. Everyone seems to be complaining about the same in-game as well.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Anyone in Golbez?

Gromph Beta is my char!

the file with new patch (3.35GB) Will be up in about 30 min.

LowParry

Metalmurphy said:
But that's not really "stuttering". That's just lag. Stuttering is your entire game freezing for like half a second.

I have both lag AND stuttering. Everyone seems to be complaining about the same in-game as well.

That's the odd thing. When you get the in-game cutscenes with the class questline, it drops. The client is weird all around. Definitely needs work.

Anyone found a fix for Chat box and Minimap being in the wrong positions. I started it at 720P windowed but it runs just as well at 1080p fullscreen (Bar the lag) but now the Chat and Minimap is in the middle of the screen.

Must be a file somewhere I can reset to get them in there right spot.

CcrooK said:
That's the odd thing. When you get the in-game cutscenes with the class questline, it drops. The client is weird all around. Definitely needs work.

What do you mean "it drops"? It stops stuttering? That's because there are no random characters appearing on screen.

It's pretty easy to tell it's not lag, stand still on a place where people pass around, move your camera around, you'll see it's still stuttering.

How do I know on what server I am?

Metalmurphy said:
What do you mean "it drops"? It stops stuttering? That's because there are no random characters appearing on screen.

It's pretty easy to tell it's not lag, stand still on a place where people pass around, move your camera around, you'll see it's still stuttering.

How do I know on what server I am?

Remember it is a beta. The stuttering will be fixed.

When you log on it tells you the server you are connected to in the chat box.

LowParry

Metalmurphy said:

The quality of the cutscene looks as if it drops visual quality. I'm not sure how to explain it. You'd have to see for yourself once you get into more of the class questing you do through the guilds.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
MiloFoxburr said:
Anyone found a fix for Chat box and Minimap being in the wrong positions. I started it at 720P windowed but it runs just as well at 1080p fullscreen (Bar the lag) but now the Chat and Minimap is in the middle of the screen.

Must be a file somewhere I can reset to get them in there right spot.

Search in My Games\FInal Fantasy XIV\ for ui.cfg and delete it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom