• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Beta Discussion + Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinko

chris-013 said:
I hope there is a new patch before the test tomorrow...

I hope there is one also.

The ATI issue needs sorting, Londa the patches are never that big so you won't have a problem downloading them.

The development of Final Fantasy XIV occupies all my time, so I do not have time to play other games. I am therefore sorry to say that the last game that pleased me as a player is Final Fantasy XI.

Might explain some of the weird choices they have made.

Londa

Banned
Him saying that they aren't trying to make it like WoW, won't stop the whiners in the beta test forum. It almost seems like he is trying to tell them enough already. :lol

Jinko: I think this test will be them trying find out what is causing the issue. That is why they are taking 2-3 hours out of testing for each server. So I think after this test there will be a patch.

I also just hate patches of any size. :lol

Jinko

Londa said:
Him saying that they aren't trying to make it like WoW, won't stop the whiners in the beta test forum. It almost seems like he is trying to tell them enough already. :lol

Jinko: I think this test will be them trying find out what is causing the issue. That is why they are taking 2-3 hours out of testing for each server. So I think after this test there will be a patch.

I also just hate patches of any size. :lol

I thought they said they found the issue, the maintenance testing is basically the same as before, they did 2x 10 hours with a 2 hour break in the middle.

This time they are doing 20 hours of playtime with 2 hours break randomly though the test peroid.

LaneDS

Londa said:
I'm the exclusion. I don't feel like downloading another patch.

How come? Bandwidth issues?

I'm surprised there is anyone out there that doesn't want an improved beta experience that a patch would likely deliver.

Kuro268

Neo Member
Yeah not to sound like a jerk but...

Better Beta experience/features when this close to retail >>>> you not wanting to download a patch.

Having that big of an issue patching? Just use utorrent. Need I remind you that you were chosen to TEST a game in its development process and report bugs/submit feedback. Not try out the game before you buy it.

Jinko

So far looks like there isn't guna be one, it normally up 12 hours before test window.

Guess we will all have to put up with the ATI bug again :(

LaneDS

notworksafe said:
I wonder how large a patch to put in non-retarded mouse controls would be? 1-2mb? :lol

That sounds like a generous estimate to me. Well, generous for any other developer. Pretty sure Square conducts all of their PC development on the moon.

Teknoman

Jinko said:
So far looks like there isn't guna be one, it normally up 12 hours before test window.

Guess we will all have to put up with the ATI bug again :(

Could it have been something server side, especially since certain areas run flawlessly with ATI hardware?

LowParry

Was hoping to get my new heatsink earlier but looks like I won't have it till next week. Ah well. Just hope I get it before SC2. Er wait...I won't have that till the weekend. So Blazblue mania it is!

Just need to be a little patient with how things work out at retail. There could be some small to big changes from now till then.

MCX

Banned
Tuesday, July 20, 2010 at 7:00 p.m. to Wednesday, July 21, 2010 at 5:00 p.m. (PDT)
(Taken from the beta tester site)

chris-013

4:00 AM for me... I need more coffee. :lol

Edit : Too bad my other character is on garland so I can't switch server when shadowlord will be down. :/

Burli

Pringo
Kind of sucks - Beta falls on a day when I'm spending the whole day and evening out. May try and wake up super early so I can at least get a couple of hours play time.

Teknoman

notworksafe said:
nvm. no point in being a jerk.

So is everyone gonna try and roll onto Shadowlord tonight?

We need to get an actual character server list going. I'm on Shadowlord now, but still need to finish the first story mission again.

Teknoman

fizzelopeguss said:
I checked out the forums this morning and it said tuesday, now it looks like they've pushed it back a day. Hence me being confused at the times.

EDIT: Wait what? Someone go check the site asap, Eu beta site says wednesday-thursday now.

Coldsnap

fizzelopeguss said:
I checked out the forums this morning and it said tuesday, now it looks like they've pushed it back a day. Hence me being confused at the times.

it still starts tuesday from what I see. 7:00 PDT tonight

Jinko

Teknoman said:
Forget healing, she should've been tanking :lol

Actually...what level do you get provoke on either pugilist or gladiator?

10 on both.

Hopefully we can test out some tanking and see how hate control works, and whether healers get skill points for healing and buffing etc.

2 things I'm really interested in.

Munba

Jinko said:
Going to be disappointed if they don't have a patch, 5-6 days !! whats have they been doing ?

I'm also asking to myself why they have to do mantenance during the play period and not in these past days..

notworksafe

Munba said:
I'm also asking to myself why they have to do mantenance during the play period and not in these past days..
Probably to respond to whatever they are seeing during play and seeing right away if it works.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Got my new GTX 460 video card. Here is benchmark comparisons

8800 GT 512
720p
ffxivbenchlow1.png

1080p
ffxivbenchhigh1.png

460 GTX 1GB
720p
ffxivbenchlow2.png

1080p
ffxivbenchhigh2.png

Thorhald

Thanks :) I wish there was a simple way to see if servers were up or not ... something on the splash page when you first load up or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom