• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Beta Discussion + Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

LowParry

Terproerg said:
what server is gaf on again? ill try lowest res with my oced 8600 lmao. thing oc's like mad though.

I think most of everyone is going to Shadow. I may make a Blacksmith on that server.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
FINAL FANTASY XI ULTIMATE COLLECTION for 5 dollars on steam. Damn so tempted to play it for a month or 2 again while waiting for FFXIV...but must hold out.

LowParry

Corran Horn said:
FINAL FANTASY XI ULTIMATE COLLECTION for 5 dollars on steam. Damn so tempted to play it for a month or 2 again while waiting for FFXIV...but must hold out.

Could you solo up to 50? :lol

Jinko

Corran Horn said:

I think you will find nostalgia is a big thing when it comes to FF11, I have tried to pick it up again several times in the last few years and its not stuck.

Like you say best to wait for FF14, is only a few months off now and at least you won't get MMO burn out.

Chest aren't targetable, you need to open them via the menu, not sure about clicking on them with the mouse though.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
CcrooK said:
Could you solo up to 50? :lol
Depending on the job ya!

My main char almost had every job at 75 before he was banned. Mostly due to soloing or help of a 2nd account.

I found a few random chests throughout the map. Didnt get much though

LaneDS

Chests are simple affairs, none of that figuring out the combination business like they had in XI. Just walk up, open main menu, select open, receive goodies. Got a beret out of the first one I found, and found three more later, all of which had about 500-600gil in them each.

RuGalz

Corran Horn
I found a few random chests throughout the map. Didnt get much though
I got 300'ish gil from a brown one, 900'ish from a blue one and got 7.3k from another blue, this one was near a huge fly looking thing that looked awesome and one shotted me for 900+ dmg D:

Worth it :D

Teknoman

Londa said:
I don't remember chests having a combination in XI. Is that a new feature?

Yeah certain chests that randomly dropped after killing monsters in current day FFXI make you guess the combination.

Jinko

Londa said:
I don't remember chests having a combination in XI. Is that a new feature?

Blue chest were free for all, brown chest you needed to guess a number, has always been that way since they were implemented.

I'm glad to hear you can get armour and such from them the ones in FF14 though. :D

Zomba13

HappyBivouac said:
People were talking about the random chests, and they were mentioned in update notes, but I never saw any. :(
I saw loads. I thought they were from mobs and restricted to the killer but I saw one, opened it and bam! I got some gil (was like 1k or so)

Jinko

Zomba13 said:
I saw loads. I thought they were from mobs and restricted to the killer but I saw one, opened it and bam! I got some gil (was like 1k or so)

Yea I'm not sure I like that idea, nice if you find someone elses, aslong as some F'er don't steal mine and walk away with some nice loot.:lol

Any of guys coming on vent btw ?

Teknoman

The more I hear and see, the more it seems like they focused on making it an FF game first and foremost and an MMO second (if that makes any sense), which is a good thing in my eye.

EDIT: Can you still use vent while full screen?

Jinko

Teknoman said:
EDIT: Can you still use vent while full screen?

Well you can if you use mic prob, but im using it for text chat, if not many use it i will prob switch to fullscreen though.

Salaadin

Coldsnap said:
So in vent i put "awk.cenobyte.org" as the host or IP name?

Hostname or IP: awk.cenobyte.org
Port number: 3784
Password and default channel are blank.

You also need the Ventrilo.exe linked to in the OP

Teknoman

Yup server error again.

EDIT:

-- Added: 07/20/2010 ---
- Addressed issues which could cause the servers to go down in certain situations.

- Resolved issues which could cause players to be unable to log in.

- The "favor" needed to boost growth rate in levequests has been changed to 10.
*This change increases the effect of "favors."

- The message that appears when an action command fails to activate is no longer displayed on another player's chat log.

Hmm....

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Terproerg said:
if i get on vent. i dont need to use my mic or anything right?

No, you dont need!.

*yawnnnnnnnnnn* Good morning.

Jinko

Upon selecting the "Start" option from the FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version title screen, players may experience the below errors, preventing them from beginning the game.

---------------------------------------------------------
13001  The lobby server connection has encountered an error.
Error Code: 5003

13001  The lobby server connection has encountered an error.
Error Code: 5003

If you experience either of the above errors, please restart FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version, log in again using your Square Enix account, and then select the “Start” option again.

We apologize to all testers for any inconvenience, and thank you for your understanding in this matter.

Teknoman

13001 the lobby server connection has encountered an error
Error Code: 0
TIMEOUT

Looks like they took the server down?

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Teknoman said:
Error code 0

Timeout

Looks like they took the server down?

I'm thinking between make a coffee or go sleep again.

Nose Master

And, once I'm fully updated and available to play... I get home thirty minutes after it's up and it's down again. :lol

If they cancel the test again I am going to shit my pants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom