• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Beta Discussion + Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

LowParry

Nose Master said:
And, once I'm fully updated and available to play... I get home thirty minutes after it's up and it's down again. :lol

If they cancel the test again I am going to shit my pants.

We'll know in 2 hours.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Still getting error :/

Teknoman

Well now I can view the different characters created, but cant get into the game itself. So time outs past character select.

3hrs till Shadowlord and Garland Maintenance.

LaneDS

Nakazato said:
i rather they delay then give us an unpolished game :\

Yeah, or have a beta test before they announce a ship date... but we're too late on that one.

A delay would be much appreciated, but I doubt they're going to.

Teknoman

Strange, I got to the point where I heard La Noscea music kick in...then some kinda runtime error hit. Tried again, and got some game error with alot of numbers.

Narag

Well, I had hopes of giving this a shot tonight but doesn't seem I'll get the chance. Hopefully I'll get a couple hours in tomorrow after work.

hgplayer1

dont be surprised if you get some kind of error while interacting with things within the game.

players on beta site are reporting crashes after in game.

hgplayer1

CcrooK said:
This is why you wait 1 - 2 hours after the servers come up.

well this test periods time frame is unfavorable to me so I wanted to get in asap. If this continues much longer I will have very little time to play.

as I type this I see my character select screen is up

edit: and time out after selecting character

Duran

Made it in awhile ago, but I swear the lag has gotten worse than before. I thought maybe after the long ass downtime they would have fixed the problem already.

I would give them my money right now to have the game in my hands in its current state, as long as the fixes would come relatively soon. I don't get what all this "delay the game" crap is all about. :lol

But yeah I know, importance of a good launch etc.

LowParry

Kuro268 said:
It's like we took a step back going from Alpha to Beta.

I honestly wouldn't mind if the game got pushed back.

Content seems fine all around which was what I was worried about. They just need to tweak the controls and get their servers stable and ready.

LaneDS

HappyBivouac said:
I would give them my money right now to have the game in my hands in its current state, as long as the fixes would come relatively soon. I don't get what all this "delay the game" crap is all about. :lol

But yeah I know, importance of a good launch etc.

I would not currently give them my money to have a game they can't even get working after a week of downtime. Nevermind the myriad of other issues I have with it when it is working. Issues they can't properly test because the servers can't even support beta numbers presently.

Teknoman

Damn it, I was in...we were partied up, and the XIV just quit with the message FFXIV has stopped working >_<

Performance seems a decent amount better outside, in town is just a little better.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Thorhald said:
how do you "con" an enemy in this game? can't figure out what the key is

It's on game manual, it goes by circle colours, you need only to target.

gillty

Banned
LeMaximilian said:
160 here....does it just start counting down eventually?
The status wont update it just eventually logs you in.

Kintaro said:
Came in hoping for some impressions and I get all this. Bummer.
About 2 hours in the servers stabilized and I can now login reliably, servers seem to be much more populated and the framerate is much more stable than last week.

Narag

2411sex.jpg

Maybe I'm just remembering the complaints over the years about not being able to jump in FFXI as you could in other MMOs but I found this funnier than I probably should've.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Valru said:
About 2 hours in the servers stabilized and I can now login reliably, servers seem to be much more populated and the framerate is much more stable than last week.

Good to hear.

LaneDS

Saw the ATI problem first hand. Tried playing on my rig and had unplayable framerates near Bearded Rock. Had my roommate login on his machine. He's got an 8800GT while I've got an HD5770, similar specs for everything else, both running Win7 64-bit. Whereas it was unplayable on my machine, it ran passably on his.

Square is going to need to work miracles on this game in the next two months if they want to have any chance of a successful launch.

Narag said:
Maybe I'm just remembering the complaints over the years about not being able to jump in FFXI as you could in other MMOs but I found this funnier than I probably should've.

When I saw that, I thought it was an intentional joke by the devs about all the "but why can't I jump?" crap. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom