• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Beta Discussion + Media

Status
Not open for further replies.
Salaadin said:
We should probably try and get a server picked before open beta. Assuming that the server names used in the closed beta will be the same in the open beta, I did a quick tally based on the last 2 pages.

Balya: Emperor
OSHAN: Golbez
Salaadin: Garland
Zomba13: Garland
Munba: Emperor
notworksafe: Garland
Kandinsky: Emperor
Teknoman: Garland
CCrook: Garland
Awntawn: Emperor

Tally so far:

Emperor: 4
Golbez: 1
Garland: 5

Im pretty sure I got everyone from the last page or two that commented on what server theyd prefer.

If SE goes and changes the names on us then this is all for nothing and we will have to just pick one and post it on Tuesday to let everyone know and go from there.

Count one more for Garland.

We should probably start a new OT for the open beta just to get all the information in one thread.

Salaadin

Zomba13 said:
Yeah. If SE changes the names then I don't really care what server gets chosen.
I kinda hope they don't use Summon names like in FFXI or everyone would just choose the same server they were on in XI (like all my friends/LS going back on Alexander).

Yeah I dont really care if SE changes the names either. I want Garland because a lot of my irl friends and old FFXI friends are going there but I would also love to be on a gaf server so I can play with all of you.

Tbh, Im kinda hoping that SE does change the names so we can all get together, pick a server, and then relay that to our friends and be set.

falastini

Salaadin said:
We should probably try and get a server picked before open beta. Assuming that the server names used in the closed beta will be the same in the open beta, I did a quick tally based on the last 2 pages.

Balya: Emperor
OSHAN: Golbez
Salaadin: Garland
Zomba13: Garland
Munba: Emperor
notworksafe: Garland
Kandinsky: Emperor
Teknoman: Garland
CCrook: Garland
Awntawn: Emperor
Mister Zimbu: Garland
LeMaximilian: Emperor

Tally so far:

Emperor: 5
Golbez: 1
Garland: 6

Im pretty sure I got everyone from the last page or two that commented on what server theyd prefer.

If SE goes and changes the names on us then this is all for nothing and we will have to just pick one and post it on Tuesday to let everyone know and go from there.
+1 for Garland, just bc Emperor is a stupid villain name... otherwise I don't care

Also, I'd be surprised if it's an actual "open beta" come the 31st. I can't see them giving a free 3 week trial when the game still has a bunch of issues. I expect the actual "open" beta to start a few weeks later.

Zomba13

Salaadin said:
Yeah I dont really care if SE changes the names either. I want Garland because a lot of my irl friends and old FFXI friends are going there but I would also love to be on a gaf server so I can play with all of you.

Tbh, Im kinda hoping that SE does change the names so we can all get together, pick a server, and then relay that to our friends and be set.
Yeah. I know quite a few FFXI players from different communities and I want to be able to play with them all so It would be awesome to know the final server list just to tell everyone to play on that server, and get them to tell their friends to play on it.
I bet that at least 1 person will refuse because they want to play on a server with a different name or something silly >.<

Jijidasu

As Awntawn posted earlier, a group of FFXI importers (2002~) including myself and some others off of this forum have been organising over at (http://timelesshourglass.com/requiem/ if any of you are interested. Might be some names you recognise perhaps.). We're all considering rolling on Emperor.

So I'll wave my hand for Emperor also.

Not sure if posting links to one's own forum is taboo or what not but it's not for any personal gain. If it's not on, let me know and I'll remove the link.

jiggle

are we talking about OB onry? or retail?

thought gaf is gonna do shadowlord for retail? D:
i've already been convincing all the ppl on my FL and LS to go there ><

Salaadin

Updated the tally so far HERE

jiggle said:
are we talking about OB onry? or retail?

thought gaf is gonna do shadowlord for retail? D:
i've already been convincing all the ppl on my FL and LS to go there ><

The others were talking about Shadowlord being buggy and laggy during beta so some suggested that a different server be picked which led to the current discussion.

This is probably going to be for OB and retail. We've kinda hit that point where now is the best time to choose so A) everyone can get together and there wont be any confusion on launch day and B) everyone can pick their names now for the OB and transfer them over on launch day

Jinko

Autumn Thread said:
As Awntawn posted earlier, a group of FFXI importers (2002~) including myself and some others off of this forum have been organising over at (http://timelesshourglass.com/requiem/ if any of you are interested. Might be some names you recognise perhaps.). We're all considering rolling on Emperor.

Not sure if posting links to one's own forum is taboo or what not but it's not for any personal gain. If it's not on, let me know and I'll remove the link.

Sounds interesting, would be good if GAF could merge with these guys, more numbers can't hurt right ?

Put me down for Emperor.

demonkaze

I also vote emperor, I recognise alot of people in requiem from my ffxi days (think I was in one of the early requiem shells) and it would be good to play with them again.

Jijidasu

demonkaze said:
I also vote emperor, I recognise alot of people in requiem from my ffxi days (think I was in one of the early requiem shells) and it would be good to play with them again.

What was your name? :eek:

Salaadin

I recognize a name or two from that Requiem site but I never played on Ragnarock. Im confused.:lol Maybe from another forum or something? Im confused though, are you guys doing Emperor or Ultimecia? Thread title says Emperor but the thread itself mentions both.

For those interested, eorzeapedia is having a live podcast right now discussin some of the recent news and then taking questions:
Podcast: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/aetheryte-radio
Chat (for questions): http://ffochat.com/irc/eorzeapedia

Tbh, its been pretty boring so far but I figure someone else might be interested.

Jijidasu

Salaadin said:
I recognize a name or two from that Requiem site but I never played on Ragnarock. Im confused.:lol Maybe from another forum or something? Im confused though, are you guys doing Emperor or Ultimecia? Thread title says Emperor but the thread itself mentions both.

It's still under consideration really. Though, in the open beta we'll be on Emperor, providing the name doesn't change.

As for retail, it depends on the population of the server entirely.

demonkaze

Autumn Thread said:
What was your name? :eek:
Demonkaze lol, was an elvaan in the jp version an then a taru when my character got deleted.

Used to play a lot with zandria (across different mmo's too lol). Also remember people like seyumi.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
As Importer od FFXI and Played on Zenmetsu...

I vote Emperor :D

Vadrek here.

Khrno

Just on Ul'dah, since I'm thinking on starting at Grindania for launch.

Londa said:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/53393182@N02/4934489585/

That blue hair looks very nice.

Hair color customization is such a basic feature, but I think it's the best part of character customization.

Londa

Banned
Thanks for those, I like the one showing how everything looks super bright outside when your in caves and buildings.

Munba

I have few,

07.jpg

08.jpg

10.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

18.jpg

20.jpg

22.jpg

fishing01.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

Deadhand

Neo Member
I apologize if this has been asked before; but is there NMs, or something similar in the beta, or is it known if rare mobs will be planned for release?

Jinko

Deadhand said:
I apologize if this has been asked before; but is there NMs, or something similar in the beta, or is it known if rare mobs will be planned for release?

There are rare mobs I posted a Toxic Toad and I think someone else posted a giant gnat a few pages back, I don't know if SE plan for these to be NM's its very likely, of course given that we had no decent armour nobody killed them.

ffxivgame2010-08-2316-10-32-22.jpg

ffxivgame20100817163629.jpg

So, I tried FFXI free trial earlier this year and couldn't get into the game. But I am looking forward to this one, hoping I will get into it. Anyone else here who hasn't played FFXI but has had a good time with this?

Anywhere I can pre-download the client for OB?

Any idea if we'll be able to just download an update for the closed beta client in order to play in open beta? Or are we going to have to download a whole separate client?

Londa said:
I believe it will be a whole new client. Just like how they did when Alpha turned into Beta.

Ah ok, thanks for the info! I just hope we're able to pre-download the client. I didn't get to spend as much time in closed beta as I wanted to and I'm quite anxious to jump back in as soon as open beta goes live.

falastini

Autumn Thread said:

That's not a bad idea. I know there's a bunch of GAFers coming from FFXI who already had one going. I'm not sure how they would feel about it. In my opinion, GAF exclusives are hard to work bc of numbers. The more the merier, I say. Especially with how shitty the economy will be at launch, it would help to have a large group to trade with.

Alex

I remember our GAF FFXI LS at launch. Man, we had some douchebags in there at release :lol. They all filtered out fast though, I think. I left to go play with some rl/beta friends.

Our launch GAFshell had the perfect name though. You FFXI GAFers are still using SoD right? When we were picking that, I was always surprised Shouta didn't protest it at the time since all he did was rail on Suikoden. Which is now, of course, an utterly worthless franchise. Oh time, how you make fools of us all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom